Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Released list... 16:12 - Apr 26 with 7959 viewsRochdale_Matt

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/releasedlist2013-793506.aspx

No real surprises...
Released list... on 18:18 - Apr 26 with 2171 views442Dale

Released list... on 17:42 - Apr 26 by sweetcorn

Gornell unfortunatley hasn't hit the heights he did since Hilly has arrived. Feel he'll go on and do well for another team, as the lad clearly has talent and is still young.. Could be the one that got away.

Grimes attitude stinks and i'm glad we've finally got shut of him, he's never done it week in week out for dale and the lads a loose cannon and has a tendancy to drift out of the games.

Thought McIntyre might have done enough to get a contract at the death, he's improved a lot since Rose's arrival.

Other than that, no real shocks.

Watch Exeter's goal again from earlier in the month. That and the subsequent substitution was a good indication that McIntyre might be on his way.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Released list... on 18:24 - Apr 26 with 2134 viewsSuddenLad

Released list... on 17:50 - Apr 26 by 49thseason

out of contract:

Rhys Bennett, Steve Collis, Phil Edwards, Ian Henderson, Jason Kennedy, Joe Rafferty, Michael Rose and Andrew Tutte.

Nothing to say that any of these will actually sign a new deal. Henderson, Rose and Tutte may well want league 1 football and Kennedy might want to try his luck elsewhere. I just hope there has been some discussion already with these players otherwise it could look very thin.

They may well be yearning for L1 football, but Henderson & Rose were in the footballing wilderness until KH took a punt. You'd hope they have the decency to repay his faith and stay.

Assuming that they are offered something of course !

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Released list... on 18:27 - Apr 26 with 2122 views442Dale

One other thing of note: BBM in a player coach role, no mention of rest of the coaching staff though. Didn't someone say that would be announced this week, was it in one of the daleplayer interviews?

Released list... on 18:28 - Apr 26 with 2120 viewsChaffRAFC

A few comments from Keith Hill just prior to the released list:

* Players told before end of season to give them more chance of finding work before next season. People's families being affected by these decisions.

* BBM being a player coach but he sees him as a valuable player who will be a lot fitter than he has been this season. Good around the dressing room.

* JK is a priority. Wants him to stay but understands if he leaves and wants him to get back on track physically and own games again.

* Abadaki he wants to look at again during pre-season. He gave him his first pro contract and he has a knack of scoring goals.

* As strong a team as possible tomorrow. Lots of respect for Plymouth and John Sheridan.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Released list... on 18:28 - Apr 26 with 2119 viewsboromat

Released list... on 18:24 - Apr 26 by SuddenLad

They may well be yearning for L1 football, but Henderson & Rose were in the footballing wilderness until KH took a punt. You'd hope they have the decency to repay his faith and stay.

Assuming that they are offered something of course !

Henderson moved north for family reasons from what I remember so that limits the teams he would sign for and looks promising for us to sign him.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Released list... on 18:31 - Apr 26 with 2100 viewsRotherhamDale

It's like one of my football manager end of season clear outs! Glad to get shut of a few of them lot.

Possession with progression.

Released list... on 18:32 - Apr 26 with 2097 views442Dale

Released list... on 18:28 - Apr 26 by ChaffRAFC

A few comments from Keith Hill just prior to the released list:

* Players told before end of season to give them more chance of finding work before next season. People's families being affected by these decisions.

* BBM being a player coach but he sees him as a valuable player who will be a lot fitter than he has been this season. Good around the dressing room.

* JK is a priority. Wants him to stay but understands if he leaves and wants him to get back on track physically and own games again.

* Abadaki he wants to look at again during pre-season. He gave him his first pro contract and he has a knack of scoring goals.

* As strong a team as possible tomorrow. Lots of respect for Plymouth and John Sheridan.

Getting Abadaki back would be good if only to irritate people over in Huddersfield.

Released list... on 18:47 - Apr 26 with 2057 viewskirbys

Can't complain about this except Terry Gornell. It was his effort and goals alongside JK who were unaffected by the poor management skills of JC in the dark days not long ago.It's true that the goals dried up, but hilly played a different system and maybe he found it hard to adjust in the bit parts he found himself in lately.
A number appear surprised at the departure of Grimes but his work rate was never going to impress Hilly - nor me for that matter. It maybe good for Grimes to pick up another club where he might do well.
Best of luck to all the departed players after a traumatic season they all deserve some credit for that.
So do we for that matter!
Login to get fewer ads

Released list... on 18:49 - Apr 26 with 2049 viewsShun

I think this is the first time ever I've been pleased with the released list. The only decision I'll be slightly sorry about is seeing Grimes leave.

Good luck to all of the players leaving us, and I hope we go after SCS too.

What does "Meanwhile, Hill intends to invoke the option on Godwin Abadaki and Reece Gray." mean? Does it just mean they'll be offered new deals?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Released list... on 18:51 - Apr 26 with 2038 views49thseason

So... possible squad if offered contracts are accepted:
Lillis, Collis
Rafferty, Edwards, Bennett, Rose ,O’Connor, Tanser
BBM, Cavanagh, Tutte, Kennedy, Allen
Donnelly, Grant, Henderson, Grey, Abadaki, Logan

question marks:
1) Is Rafferty capable of playing right back for 46 games?
2) Will Bennett be fit for the new season and if so in which position?
3) Are the 4 kids in there to push for places or simply for experience? If just for experience we probably need half a dozen more players.

Released list... on 18:52 - Apr 26 with 2031 viewsD_Alien

Released list... on 18:47 - Apr 26 by kirbys

Can't complain about this except Terry Gornell. It was his effort and goals alongside JK who were unaffected by the poor management skills of JC in the dark days not long ago.It's true that the goals dried up, but hilly played a different system and maybe he found it hard to adjust in the bit parts he found himself in lately.
A number appear surprised at the departure of Grimes but his work rate was never going to impress Hilly - nor me for that matter. It maybe good for Grimes to pick up another club where he might do well.
Best of luck to all the departed players after a traumatic season they all deserve some credit for that.
So do we for that matter!

I don't believe its his work rate or his talent that's done for Grimes, but his inability to stop himself from lashing out with his leg like a frightened horse.

He's lucky not have been red carded on more than one occasion, and a player unable to play due to unprofessionalism isn't worth having.

Unlike Grant, who has at least tried to reign in his petulance - and Hilly loves a trier! And so do we, as Donnelly's amazing turn around has shown!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Released list... on 19:01 - Apr 26 with 1993 viewsSuddenLad

Released list... on 18:49 - Apr 26 by Shun

I think this is the first time ever I've been pleased with the released list. The only decision I'll be slightly sorry about is seeing Grimes leave.

What does "Meanwhile, Hill intends to invoke the option on Godwin Abadaki and Reece Gray." mean? Does it just mean they'll be offered new deals?

Grimes has been a massive disappointment for almost the whole of his stay at Spotland. His attitude stinks and his body language has shown that he apparently can't be arsed.

I'd be amazed if he hasn't been told by KH to 'up his work-rate and improve his attitude' but obviously whatever chances he may have had have come to an end. KH has obviously run out of patience and I don't blame him.

A big, wasted wage has been saved. Surely it can be put to better use and for greater reward.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Released list... on 19:03 - Apr 26 with 1988 viewsColDale

Released list... on 18:49 - Apr 26 by Shun

I assume that means that they were on one year deals that could be extended to two years at the discretion of the club. Similarly, Cav had the choice of the extra year and has took it.
Released list... on 19:05 - Apr 26 with 1986 viewsboromat

Released list... on 18:52 - Apr 26 by D_Alien

I don't believe its his work rate or his talent that's done for Grimes, but his inability to stop himself from lashing out with his leg like a frightened horse.

He's lucky not have been red carded on more than one occasion, and a player unable to play due to unprofessionalism isn't worth having.

Unlike Grant, who has at least tried to reign in his petulance - and Hilly loves a trier! And so do we, as Donnelly's amazing turn around has shown!

I think wages also play a part!

Gornell and Grimes were probably on good money. Abadaki will be on a low wage but the risk is worth the potential reward.

I'm guessing the signing of Bunney has been put on hold with him getting injured, anyone know any more on him?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Released list... on 19:34 - Apr 26 with 1914 viewsRoChDaLe

still think we need an extra one or maybe two strikers because if donnelly goes back to his oldself then were not gonna be in a promotion scrap for long

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Released list... on 20:05 - Apr 26 with 1864 viewsSaxonDale

Released list... on 18:27 - Apr 26 by 442Dale

One other thing of note: BBM in a player coach role, no mention of rest of the coaching staff though. Didn't someone say that would be announced this week, was it in one of the daleplayer interviews?

In the Dunphy interview he did say that more would be mentioned early this week, however there has been no news as of yet unless I have missed something.
Released list... on 20:09 - Apr 26 with 1851 viewsisitme

Released list... on 19:34 - Apr 26 by RoChDaLe

still think we need an extra one or maybe two strikers because if donnelly goes back to his oldself then were not gonna be in a promotion scrap for long

If the wages saved from Grimes and Gornell can bring in a strong, dominate centre half and a physical striker then I will be happy.
Released list... on 20:27 - Apr 26 with 1804 viewsTalkingSutty

Released list... on 19:01 - Apr 26 by SuddenLad

Grimes has been a massive disappointment for almost the whole of his stay at Spotland. His attitude stinks and his body language has shown that he apparently can't be arsed.

I'd be amazed if he hasn't been told by KH to 'up his work-rate and improve his attitude' but obviously whatever chances he may have had have come to an end. KH has obviously run out of patience and I don't blame him.

A big, wasted wage has been saved. Surely it can be put to better use and for greater reward.

Agree with that and i never bought into the myth that he was a class act and the team didnt play to his strengths. His runs where so incredible that his inferior teammates didnt have the tactical nouse to keep up with him, what a load of tosh !!

Grimes could play when he was in the mood but he was petulant, sulky and lazy. It cant always be everybody elses fault and thats the reason why he struggles to catch a 2nd division team.

Grant is also playing in the 2nd division for a reason, its not because he isnt good enough in a footballing sense because i reckon he could easily make it at Championship level. He as a problem with his attitude, that as been displayed on the pitch this season and resulted in him missing numerous games,its a big flaw and if he doesnt address it he will always wallow around the lower divisions.

If he listens to Hilly though the manager could be the best thing that ever happened to Bobby Grant.
Released list... on 20:39 - Apr 26 with 1780 viewsColDale

What a difference a few weeks makes.

If you'd have asked me a few months ago, I'd have released as many as was physically possible to do. Enter Keith Hill (and admittedly a couple of new 'uns), and we're offering new deals to the extent that we already have a potential XI to start the new season.

Special mention must go to Joe Rafferty who at one stage looked certain to go. It very much looked like he was well down the pecking order to the extent that we even played someone with no right foot at right back. McIntyre's error at Exeter late in the first half might just prove to be that Scott Wiseman moment in Joe's career.

Assuming they all stay, I'd be very surprised if we signed more than 2 or 3 over the Summer. We've got the four from the youths who will replace the likes of Byrne, Minihan, Pearson, Edwards etc, and knowing Keith Hill's preferred method of signing players, he'll like to wait until the end of August to grab that late bargan.
Released list... on 21:07 - Apr 26 with 1727 viewsColDale

Released list... on 16:26 - Apr 26 by phomem

Only surprise for me is Abadaki - obviously the deal with Huddersfield was not a 'done deal'

No mention of Minihan or Watson on there

Lillis, Collis
Rose, Bennett, Edwards, Rafferty, Rose
BBM, Cav, Tutte, JK,
Donnelly, Grant, Henderson, Grey, Abadaki

plus the 4 YT's

A few new faces needed then!

Acc to Wiki which I know is never the most reliable, Watson and Minihan both signed two year deals in the Summer of 2012
Released list... on 21:39 - Apr 26 with 1662 viewsDaley_Lama

Grimes not offered a deal because...

A) Hill doesn't want him
B) Grimes doesn't want to be here
C) a bit of both

I reckon it's C) Grimes was always off to Rovrum since Jan, Hilly doesn't want a want away player, no contract offered therefore no contract to refuse.

Assuming Rovrum go up however, their desire to sign Grimey may wane somewhat.

Interesting times ahead for young Ashley.

Good luck to all released players in finding a new club.

Poll: DF in or out

Released list... on 22:22 - Apr 26 with 1588 viewsRoChDaLe

really want us too add joss labadie and showunmmi if possible to the squad next year

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Released list... on 22:29 - Apr 26 with 1577 viewsTalkingSutty

Released list... on 20:39 - Apr 26 by ColDale

What a difference a few weeks makes.

If you'd have asked me a few months ago, I'd have released as many as was physically possible to do. Enter Keith Hill (and admittedly a couple of new 'uns), and we're offering new deals to the extent that we already have a potential XI to start the new season.

Special mention must go to Joe Rafferty who at one stage looked certain to go. It very much looked like he was well down the pecking order to the extent that we even played someone with no right foot at right back. McIntyre's error at Exeter late in the first half might just prove to be that Scott Wiseman moment in Joe's career.

Assuming they all stay, I'd be very surprised if we signed more than 2 or 3 over the Summer. We've got the four from the youths who will replace the likes of Byrne, Minihan, Pearson, Edwards etc, and knowing Keith Hill's preferred method of signing players, he'll like to wait until the end of August to grab that late bargan.

I would be happy with a big mobile experienced centre half, a decent left back, a good tricky winger and a decent target man. So four signings covering those positions would do for me.

I dont think we will re sign all the players but Henderson and Kennedy would be ideal. I have a sneeking feeling Tutte could go elsewhere but thats not based on any rumours etc.
Released list... on 09:29 - Apr 27 with 1373 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Pretty pleased with the list.

Glad to see the back of Grimes and Gornell particularly, waste of space and their own talent.

I think offering Tutte a contract is purely so we can get a fee with him being under 24, would be very suprised if he plays for us again.

Good to see BBM still involved and fair play to Cav and Phil Edwards who have actually got better since Coleman left.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Released list... on 10:37 - Apr 27 with 1320 viewsR17ALE

Released list... on 09:29 - Apr 27 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Pretty pleased with the list.

Glad to see the back of Grimes and Gornell particularly, waste of space and their own talent.

I think offering Tutte a contract is purely so we can get a fee with him being under 24, would be very suprised if he plays for us again.

Good to see BBM still involved and fair play to Cav and Phil Edwards who have actually got better since Coleman left.

I'm pleased with the list too, although it was fairly predictable.

I'm glad Grimes has gone, but I'm annoyed that he's taken his opportunity to have a really good career in the game, in both hands, and thrown it down the shitter.

Anyone with an ounce of sense would look at the long list of Strikers Hill has 'done up' and sold onto bigger clubs, and would have thought, "Right. I'll be the next one".

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024