Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
first leg 18:12 - Aug 13 with 10076 viewsSwanjaxs

ITV4 are showing the first leg next Thursday with a 20.05 kick off

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

first leg on 18:16 - Aug 13 with 8287 viewsdavidaeaton

There's probably an extended cheers on before it :-)

"And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying? There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime"............one day we will all encounter the great gig in the sky!

first leg on 18:50 - Aug 13 with 8180 viewsorion3016

We must be a better pull for TV than spurs who I guess are on at 6 pm

Be over there now after

first leg on 18:59 - Aug 13 with 8143 viewsswanseacityfan

first leg on 18:50 - Aug 13 by orion3016

We must be a better pull for TV than spurs who I guess are on at 6 pm

Spurs are away in Georgia so it makes sense for our game to be on later. We'll probably be the earlier game for the 2nd leg.

"Na na na na na na na na na, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Sigurdsson, Gylfi Sigurdsson"

first leg on 19:07 - Aug 13 with 8110 viewsexiledclaseboy

That'll knock a few thousand off the crowd.

Poll: Tory leader

first leg on 19:17 - Aug 13 with 8054 viewsFCPETROLUL

we will be there for the match. good luck.

DOAR PETROLUL !
first leg on 19:25 - Aug 13 with 8017 viewsairedale

first leg on 19:17 - Aug 13 by FCPETROLUL

DOAR PETROLUL !

Oooo, cor blimey!
first leg on 20:07 - Aug 13 with 7913 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

first leg on 19:07 - Aug 13 by exiledclaseboy

That'll knock a few thousand off the crowd.

It didnt effect the crowd for the game against Malmo

I would like to think that our fans have caught the European bug and will go to the games
first leg on 20:11 - Aug 13 with 7887 viewsexiledclaseboy

first leg on 20:07 - Aug 13 by TenkosBlondeWig

It didnt effect the crowd for the game against Malmo

I would like to think that our fans have caught the European bug and will go to the games

Wasn't a sell out for Malmo was it?

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

first leg on 20:18 - Aug 13 with 7876 viewsPureRockFury

I'll be all over this fixture like a cheap suit as I'm an exile who's back home for a while and able to go, but I do think the club could be a bit more imaginative with these EL fixtures to get a sell-out, either through cheap seats, linking tickets, JA points etc. Good they dropped the price by a fiver, but that's hardly going to stir the masses for a game against a team nobody had ever heard of until last Friday that's live on TV.

Even the bad times were good.

first leg on 20:18 - Aug 13 with 7876 viewsjackess

first leg on 19:17 - Aug 13 by FCPETROLUL

DOAR PETROLUL !

Hope you have a great time, it should be a good game
first leg on 20:58 - Aug 13 with 7732 viewsHark_Now_Hear

first leg on 18:59 - Aug 13 by swanseacityfan

Spurs are away in Georgia so it makes sense for our game to be on later. We'll probably be the earlier game for the 2nd leg.

yeah 1800 ko for 2nd leg as Romania is 3 hrs ahead so 2100 ko out there I reckon.
first leg on 21:02 - Aug 13 with 7715 viewsCooperman

first leg on 20:58 - Aug 13 by Hark_Now_Hear

yeah 1800 ko for 2nd leg as Romania is 3 hrs ahead so 2100 ko out there I reckon.

Its always a 2hr time difference between here and Romania

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

first leg on 21:30 - Aug 13 with 7649 viewsHark_Now_Hear

first leg on 21:02 - Aug 13 by Cooperman

Its always a 2hr time difference between here and Romania

That's what i meant.
first leg on 21:43 - Aug 13 with 7602 viewsCooperman

first leg on 21:30 - Aug 13 by Hark_Now_Hear

That's what i meant.

I know

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

first leg on 21:44 - Aug 13 with 7596 viewsdgt73

20.05 kick-off is great for me, will be in England that day so will have enough time to get back. If it was a 1800 kick off i would of missed the game, so happy days..

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

first leg on 09:31 - Aug 14 with 7312 viewsjohnlangy

first leg on 21:44 - Aug 13 by dgt73

20.05 kick-off is great for me, will be in England that day so will have enough time to get back. If it was a 1800 kick off i would of missed the game, so happy days..

Better ticket prices should help swell the crowd. £20 compared with £25, £10 concessions.

There should also be extra interest as, if we get through we'll be guaranteed at least one other quality team at the group stage.

John
first leg on 09:50 - Aug 14 with 7272 viewsJackSomething

I was disappointed we didn't sell out the Malmo game, but not surprised.

Seeing as they were insisting on online sales, surely it would have been easy for the club to introduce a reward for buying tickets for Malmo and Petrolul.

Something like buying tickets for these games gives you priority for when someone like Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea visit in the league?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

first leg on 10:26 - Aug 14 with 7224 viewsjudgejonevs

I am lost for words, on the one hand we have people bemoaning the fact they can't get hold of tickets, we have not been in Europe for 20 odd years, we won a game in Europe since god knows when, we competed magnificently in the previous round, £25 reasonable for a European game. Why do we need an incentive or reduced prices. Tv shouldn't effect it either it's a bloody European tie for Christ sake, embrace it while we can.

Life is too short !!!!!!!!! Swansea til I die...........

first leg on 10:32 - Aug 14 with 7206 viewsJackSomething

first leg on 10:26 - Aug 14 by judgejonevs

I am lost for words, on the one hand we have people bemoaning the fact they can't get hold of tickets, we have not been in Europe for 20 odd years, we won a game in Europe since god knows when, we competed magnificently in the previous round, £25 reasonable for a European game. Why do we need an incentive or reduced prices. Tv shouldn't effect it either it's a bloody European tie for Christ sake, embrace it while we can.

I totally agree with the sentiment, but the Malmo game shows that the demand just isn't there. Lots of season ticket holders around me during the season were nowhere to be seen. Classic case of people getting complacent about the good times after the last few seasons maybe, think this is how it's always going to be.

It's a shame, but the most sensible thing for the club to do would be to introduce an incentive to drive sales. They've gone for the less attractive, but easier, option of dropping prices. I'd love it to be a sell-out, but am expecting around 16-17k.

first leg on 10:37 - Aug 14 with 7184 viewsjudgejonevs

first leg on 10:32 - Aug 14 by JackSomething

I totally agree with the sentiment, but the Malmo game shows that the demand just isn't there. Lots of season ticket holders around me during the season were nowhere to be seen. Classic case of people getting complacent about the good times after the last few seasons maybe, think this is how it's always going to be.

It's a shame, but the most sensible thing for the club to do would be to introduce an incentive to drive sales. They've gone for the less attractive, but easier, option of dropping prices. I'd love it to be a sell-out, but am expecting around 16-17k.

I understand what you're saying and unfortunately you're probably not wrong, I am simply amazed at the apathy that some have towards the game/competition. We are unfortunately not at the same place that Spurs are.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2013 10:43]

Life is too short !!!!!!!!! Swansea til I die...........

first leg on 10:41 - Aug 14 with 7170 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I thought 16 thousand wasn't bad at all for the time of year with loads of people away on holidays.

Interesting that this round is £20 a ticket down from £25.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

first leg on 18:23 - Aug 14 with 6960 viewsDJack

first leg on 10:32 - Aug 14 by JackSomething

Or perhaps a few of us work evenings or nights and are unable to attend. Sometimes the complacent ones are those whose life/job make it easy for them to attend.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

first leg on 23:28 - Aug 14 with 6787 viewsSmellyplumz

first leg on 10:37 - Aug 14 by judgejonevs

I understand what you're saying and unfortunately you're probably not wrong, I am simply amazed at the apathy that some have towards the game/competition. We are unfortunately not at the same place that Spurs are.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2013 10:43]

I would love to go but Im so skint Im struggling to get my daughter a present for her birthday @ end of this week let alone a ticket for the game.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

first leg on 07:00 - Aug 15 with 6663 viewsAndy1300

first leg on 18:23 - Aug 14 by DJack

Or perhaps a few of us work evenings or nights and are unable to attend. Sometimes the complacent ones are those whose life/job make it easy for them to attend.

I agree with that.

My job involves working til 8pm one week, 6:45 another week and 4:45 the 3rd week, 2 out of 3 Saturdays, til 1 or 2 pm.

I make all home games and hardly ever make away games due to shifts

Would love a mon-fri 9-5 but its not a perfect world
[Post edited 15 Aug 2013 7:02]

Number 1 team in Wales

first leg on 09:39 - Aug 15 with 6551 viewsJackSomething

first leg on 18:23 - Aug 14 by DJack

Point taken. It's not so long ago I worked shifts and would have missed a fair few games this season, so I sympathise.

Doesn't change the fact that the demand for tickets we keep hearing about maybe a bit of a myth. We may have 30k who want to come see Man United and Chelsea, but we don't have 30k who want to come see Malmo.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024