Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts on Bony 14:15 - Aug 19 with 24015 viewsJamesJack

So, we've seen him a few times in a Swans shirt. Wanted to know what everyone thinks about our new No.10 so far?

For me, he seems a good buy (though it's impossible to make accurate judgements after only a few games). He gets himself into good positions, holds the ball up well and long enough that others have time to get into the box or into a good position for a pass, his passing is good and his finishing so far seems to be spot on. Scored 3 in 3 for us now. (would've been 4 if he hadn't been incorrectly flagged offside against Malmo in the 2nd leg). My only problem with him is he's a little sluggish. Seems to have the acceleration of an aircraft carrier. His movement seems quite slow, but apart from that, I've not found much to really be concerned about.

What are your thoughts on him?
Thoughts on Bony on 19:30 - Aug 19 with 5523 viewsOldjack

Thoughts on Bony on 19:14 - Aug 19 by BLAZE

Why did you always give Scotland grief then? He was just the same at his respective level

[Post edited 19 Aug 2013 19:15]

couldn't nut a ball or jump nice shot on him though and definitely not premier leauge class as some would have you believe

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Thoughts on Bony on 20:58 - Aug 19 with 5451 viewsmawdlamjack

ffs we are a few games in and he's shown his class already, could have a few more to his name already. when he fully beds in he will score regularly and so will michu, they are already showing signs of forming a great partnership. what more do you want ffs

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

Thoughts on Bony on 21:46 - Aug 19 with 5406 viewsepaul

12 mill is a f*cking steal, he was bought to score goals and so far so good,. He's gonna be a monster for us this season

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Thoughts on Bony on 22:15 - Aug 19 with 5384 viewsTom1912

He looked a donkey when he came on Saturday and still scored a tidy goal.

Hopefully once he's got his sharpness his all round game will be there too.
Thoughts on Bony on 22:36 - Aug 19 with 5361 viewsmawdlamjack

i'd rather a donkey who scores than a showboater who flatters to deceive

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

Thoughts on Bony on 03:29 - Aug 20 with 5301 viewsAmericanPride

Hi, I'm not a Swansea supporter, just checking up on Bony's progress.

One question I've always wondered about Bony is his height....In his wiki bio, he's listed as being 6feet or 1.82m...he looks a bit shorter to me...A bit more like Wayne Rooney heigh which is about 5'10 or 1.77m

Not that it matters much, but I've always thought he looks a bit shorter for his listed height.
Thoughts on Bony on 08:00 - Aug 20 with 5269 viewsJamesJack

Thoughts on Bony on 19:30 - Aug 19 by Oldjack

couldn't nut a ball or jump nice shot on him though and definitely not premier leauge class as some would have you believe

not sure whether to take this post seriously or not...
Thoughts on Bony on 09:02 - Aug 20 with 5247 viewsJackSomething

Thoughts on Bony on 19:28 - Aug 19 by waynekerr55

Is that a serious post?

No, it's a WUM, a Redbird or both. Not very good at it though.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Login to get fewer ads

Thoughts on Bony on 09:10 - Aug 20 with 5238 viewsSkipTheJack

He doesn't look 6 foot to me, but he's got an amazing leap on him and that is often better than an extra few inches in height. He's actually going to be really important at defending corners this season!
Thoughts on Bony on 10:48 - Aug 20 with 5205 viewsSpratty

Thoughts on Bony on 08:00 - Aug 20 by JamesJack

not sure whether to take this post seriously or not...

Maybe wrong but think OJ was still referring to Jason Scotland in that comment.

That's the thing when you can only quote 1 post and not even select / highlight the relevant bit. Sub thread themes are lost.
Thoughts on Bony on 14:58 - Aug 20 with 5155 viewswaynekerr55

Thoughts on Bony on 22:36 - Aug 19 by mawdlamjack

i'd rather a donkey who scores than a showboater who flatters to deceive

My definition of donkey differs from others on here...

He's jet lagged it's going to affect him...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Thoughts on Bony on 16:20 - Aug 20 with 5110 viewsViral

Much better than the last No.10.

"Wanna hear a brilliant joke? Cardiff City".

Thoughts on Bony on 16:25 - Aug 20 with 5100 viewsmonmouth

Thoughts on Bony on 19:28 - Aug 19 by waynekerr55

Is that a serious post?

The bloke next to me kept saying the same s**t. Even when he scored he said 'about time'. I can't tell the guy to f**k off as he's a family friend, and I'm a polite sort, but sometimes our 'fans' don't half get on my nips.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Thoughts on Bony on 17:11 - Aug 20 with 5070 viewswaynekerr55

Thoughts on Bony on 16:25 - Aug 20 by monmouth

The bloke next to me kept saying the same s**t. Even when he scored he said 'about time'. I can't tell the guy to f**k off as he's a family friend, and I'm a polite sort, but sometimes our 'fans' don't half get on my nips.

you should consider wearing an I pod to games

Thoughts on Bony on 17:27 - Aug 20 with 5054 viewsSpratty

Thoughts on Bony on 16:25 - Aug 20 by monmouth

Bloke near me always slagging off Pablo even when he's working really hard and putting great passes in. I especially like Pablo so try to be objective but it makes me mad at times when players are being dumped on. Cue all the Pablo "knockers"
Thoughts on Bony on 10:01 - Aug 21 with 4888 viewsJamesJack

Thoughts on Bony on 17:27 - Aug 20 by Spratty

Bloke near me always slagging off Pablo even when he's working really hard and putting great passes in. I especially like Pablo so try to be objective but it makes me mad at times when players are being dumped on. Cue all the Pablo "knockers"

Pablo had a great game against United, despite the score. Worked incredibly hard, put in some good crosses and passes. Loved the fact that he was always trying to move the ball forward. Hoping this is a sign of very good things to come from him this season.
Thoughts on Bony on 10:05 - Aug 21 with 4887 viewsJamesJack

Thoughts on Bony on 10:01 - Aug 21 by JamesJack

Pablo had a great game against United, despite the score. Worked incredibly hard, put in some good crosses and passes. Loved the fact that he was always trying to move the ball forward. Hoping this is a sign of very good things to come from him this season.

Thoughts on Bony on 15:27 - Aug 21 with 4820 viewsgibs0n

He is 1.82 with his current hair-style ;-)
Thoughts on Bony on 15:44 - Aug 21 with 4801 viewswaynekerr55

Thoughts on Bony on 10:01 - Aug 21 by JamesJack

Let's hope he stays fit, as the front 4 is quality when they are on form

Thoughts on Bony on 16:52 - Aug 21 with 4779 viewsJokeren1943

Thoughts on Bony on 10:05 - Aug 21 by JamesJack

Agree.

Pablo looked burned out at the end of last season.

He is deadly now his has got his motivation back again.
Thoughts on Bony on 17:58 - Aug 21 with 4746 viewsAmericanPride

Who do you guys think will become the better player?..Altidore or Bony...Both played in the Dutch league last year and scored a lot of goals.

I admit that I'm biased toward Altidore and wanted him to go to a more prestigious team for more service, but from what I've seen so far, I think Altidore has the better attributes and seems to be a quicker and pacier player then Bony who looks like he's moving in slow motion.

Bony looks like he will be a good one for Swansea, but from what I've seen so far, I believe Altidore will eventually become the better player because he's bigger, faster and stronger....Bony may score more goal then Altidore simply because he'll get better service with better player, but Altidore seem to be a more rounded player with better hold up play and looks stronger from what I've seen during the sunderland match
[Post edited 21 Aug 2013 18:02]
Thoughts on Bony on 22:50 - Aug 21 with 4650 viewsAdmire

His speed is so deceptive. He seems to almost jug arattitude then he gets going he is not as slow as he looks and his speed seems that he can be tough to outrun if he is dribbling next to you ..

I love the signing pure finisher , good productive attitude and great header
Thoughts on Bony on 16:38 - Aug 22 with 4562 viewswaynekerr55

Thoughts on Bony on 17:58 - Aug 21 by AmericanPride

Who do you guys think will become the better player?..Altidore or Bony...Both played in the Dutch league last year and scored a lot of goals.

I admit that I'm biased toward Altidore and wanted him to go to a more prestigious team for more service, but from what I've seen so far, I think Altidore has the better attributes and seems to be a quicker and pacier player then Bony who looks like he's moving in slow motion.

Bony looks like he will be a good one for Swansea, but from what I've seen so far, I believe Altidore will eventually become the better player because he's bigger, faster and stronger....Bony may score more goal then Altidore simply because he'll get better service with better player, but Altidore seem to be a more rounded player with better hold up play and looks stronger from what I've seen during the sunderland match
[Post edited 21 Aug 2013 18:02]

Not for me - Bony is far more instinctive.

Thoughts on Bony on 00:30 - Aug 23 with 4443 viewsSpratty

Thoughts on Bony on 16:45 - Aug 19 by Spratty

"maybe he goes down a little too easily looking for freekicks that he's never going to get in the PL"........................

When he first kept falling over I honestly thought he must have balance problems.

After tonight and the time he spent on his @rse perhaps I was right about the problems with his balance

Still love you Bony and yes they should have passed to you a few times when they didn't
Thoughts on Bony on 01:38 - Aug 23 with 4386 viewsSimonSwansea

Great player, near perfect lone striker. Holds the ball up well, good in the air! Maybe goes down a bit easy? Seems absent a bit, although he's just doing his positional job at the top... Gets in the right position for goals!

Just hope he doesn't go through a long draught and people blame him for being "lazy" and "missing", which he isn't.

Think bony/michu/hernandez will be a beast of a partnership this season!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024