Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts on Bony 14:15 - Aug 19 with 24012 viewsJamesJack

So, we've seen him a few times in a Swans shirt. Wanted to know what everyone thinks about our new No.10 so far?

For me, he seems a good buy (though it's impossible to make accurate judgements after only a few games). He gets himself into good positions, holds the ball up well and long enough that others have time to get into the box or into a good position for a pass, his passing is good and his finishing so far seems to be spot on. Scored 3 in 3 for us now. (would've been 4 if he hadn't been incorrectly flagged offside against Malmo in the 2nd leg). My only problem with him is he's a little sluggish. Seems to have the acceleration of an aircraft carrier. His movement seems quite slow, but apart from that, I've not found much to really be concerned about.

What are your thoughts on him?
Thoughts on Bony on 01:43 - Aug 23 with 3400 viewsSASWANSEA

He's carrying a lot of bulk in his lower half (oooer) I'd love to know what he squats because I bet it's a massive amount relative for a PL player.

He needs to adjust his weight training regime and increase his aerobic workload ever so slightly in order to become a little bit lighter in his lower half, he'd be all the better for it. At the moment he's carrying far to much muscle bulk and it hinders him, he's too heavy to explode into sprints and his change of direction.

Drop the weight on his squats, a few weeks of 5km runs and then HIIT sprints to really pump up his explosive power and he'd turn into a beast of a striker.

As for his footballing ability goes it's top notch. Tremendous at taking down the ball with his chest and is clinical in front of goal. His 'missed' header that looked like a sitter tonight actually wasn't a miss, he was on target until he was nudged mid air just seconds before he made contact with the ball.
Thoughts on Bony on 02:28 - Aug 23 with 3369 viewsSpratty

"Think bony/michu/hernandez will be a beast of a partnership this season!"
[Post edited 23 Aug 2013 2:29]
Thoughts on Bony on 02:33 - Aug 23 with 3360 viewsSimonSwansea

Thoughts on Bony on 02:28 - Aug 23 by Spratty

"Think bony/michu/hernandez will be a beast of a partnership this season!"
[Post edited 23 Aug 2013 2:29]

You can see it starting to click already! Just watched the game back on record, and Hernandez looked very good today on tv! Few misplaced but always trying to do something positive.

Watched chadli with spurs last 2 games as well and reckon chadli and Hernandez would have been a brutal wing pair! Gutted on that one, fair play to spurs for their signings!
Thoughts on Bony on 05:33 - Aug 23 with 3317 viewsbermudajack

Thoughts on Bony on 02:33 - Aug 23 by SimonSwansea

You can see it starting to click already! Just watched the game back on record, and Hernandez looked very good today on tv! Few misplaced but always trying to do something positive.

Watched chadli with spurs last 2 games as well and reckon chadli and Hernandez would have been a brutal wing pair! Gutted on that one, fair play to spurs for their signings!

I hope I'm proved wrong, but IMO (which doesn't count for much) I find him either completely unfit or just not the kind of striker I expected him to be.

Comparisons were made with Drogba before he came and I don't see any similarities there, whilst he is an instinctive striker who will feed off scraps In and around the penalty area, his build up play is disappointing, it looks like he's running on soft sand at times.

I thought the game largely passed him by tonight, against such poor opposition he looked average at best this got me thinking... (Oh no)

These Romainians (who were far worse than Malmo) knocked out Bony's old club Vitese in the last round. How poor must they be? If he can score 30 plus goals for such a poor team, how poor must the standards of that league be? League 1 ?

I know he's scored 3 euro goals against poor opposition already and one cool finish against united, but last night I had alarm bells ringing out in my head as he didn't look fit or interested and certainly not a £12 M striker.

We desperately need a suitable alternative before the window closes as this guy will frustrate us.

I can see Michu up top and Pozeulo behind him in the future, just hope we don't lose Michu...

"Ducks for cover"

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Thoughts on Bony on 07:18 - Aug 23 with 3247 viewsorion3016

He battled well last night and chased
Good in the air
I'd like to see him hold the ball up a bit more some of his 1st touches were heavy
Michu seems to have a new lease of life with him, he's running everywhere when at times last season he just looked bored
The more i see the goal against mancs the better it is

Be over there now after

Thoughts on Bony on 08:14 - Aug 23 with 3178 viewsharemscarem

He knows how to find the right areas in the box, and he is strong physically and can hold up the ball. He scores goals, and that is the most important thing!

It annoys me a bit that he sometimes is a little slow. Yesterday he sometimes chose to hold on to the ball insted of making a pass, and then he lost the ball. Anyway it is early days, and we will have to wait to see how he performs. I still hope Swansea will buy a second striker, hopefully Rebic.

Thoughts on Bony on 08:22 - Aug 23 with 3156 viewsperchrockjack

I thought he looked sluggish and this was a chance to really prove his worth.
Could well be he s still adjusting but he ll need to get far sharper as we ve bought him to be a significant player for our team.

Michu is like a man possessed compared with him but if they work it out between them ,then fine by me

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Thoughts on Bony on 08:30 - Aug 23 with 3148 viewsdeanscfc

We need a second striker. I also thought Bony was a but slow and careless at times. Heis strong and has a good finish but isn't going to turn defences inside out by running at them like some of the top strikers. Would love to see us get another top striker on loan because I think we'll need it to have a chance of the league positions people have been talking about pre season.
Login to get fewer ads

Thoughts on Bony on 08:54 - Aug 23 with 3112 viewswaynekerr55

Thoughts on Bony on 08:22 - Aug 23 by perchrockjack

I thought he looked sluggish and this was a chance to really prove his worth.
Could well be he s still adjusting but he ll need to get far sharper as we ve bought him to be a significant player for our team.

Michu is like a man possessed compared with him but if they work it out between them ,then fine by me

I think that's fair, you can tell that one has had a full pre season and the other hasn't

Still cant get over the fact that Wilf was called worse than Schecter by DanielSan last night though

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Thoughts on Bony on 08:55 - Aug 23 with 3107 viewspencoedjack

Thoughts on Bony on 05:33 - Aug 23 by bermudajack

I hope I'm proved wrong, but IMO (which doesn't count for much) I find him either completely unfit or just not the kind of striker I expected him to be.

Comparisons were made with Drogba before he came and I don't see any similarities there, whilst he is an instinctive striker who will feed off scraps In and around the penalty area, his build up play is disappointing, it looks like he's running on soft sand at times.

I thought the game largely passed him by tonight, against such poor opposition he looked average at best this got me thinking... (Oh no)

These Romainians (who were far worse than Malmo) knocked out Bony's old club Vitese in the last round. How poor must they be? If he can score 30 plus goals for such a poor team, how poor must the standards of that league be? League 1 ?

I know he's scored 3 euro goals against poor opposition already and one cool finish against united, but last night I had alarm bells ringing out in my head as he didn't look fit or interested and certainly not a £12 M striker.

We desperately need a suitable alternative before the window closes as this guy will frustrate us.

I can see Michu up top and Pozeulo behind him in the future, just hope we don't lose Michu...

"Ducks for cover"

' he can score 30 plus goals for such a poor team, how poor must the standards of that league be? League 1 ?

I know he's scored 3 euro goals against poor opposition already and one cool finish against united, '

And still you slate him.

Bony is there to put the ball in the back of the net simple really
Thoughts on Bony on 09:10 - Aug 23 with 3073 viewswaynekerr55

Thoughts on Bony on 08:55 - Aug 23 by pencoedjack

' he can score 30 plus goals for such a poor team, how poor must the standards of that league be? League 1 ?

I know he's scored 3 euro goals against poor opposition already and one cool finish against united, '

And still you slate him.

Bony is there to put the ball in the back of the net simple really

I'm still waiting for the semi - serious semi wind - up "Trundle would be better" posts

Thoughts on Bony on 09:19 - Aug 23 with 3044 viewsmonmouth

Only really comes alive in the box.....and that's what we wanted wasn't it?

His touches outside the box were like an elephant in quicksand; his touches inside the box were like a snake on speed. That's what he's there for, that's what he'll do.

I'm sure he'll get sharper in his lay offs too with time, but for me, it's looking very promising in terms of what our team has been missing since Borini cleared off. The others can play the nice football; he can get on the end of it.....and it frees up Michu to be an all round pain in the arris to the opposition. 35 PL goals between them this season I reckon.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Thoughts on Bony on 09:21 - Aug 23 with 3042 viewsdameedna

Thoughts on Bony on 09:10 - Aug 23 by waynekerr55

I'm still waiting for the semi - serious semi wind - up "Trundle would be better" posts

not since bob or alan have we had a striker who can perform at this level. michu did it last season but was not bought as a striker. 12m is really not a lot of money for a prem striker in the scale of a top ten club. he needs time. what i like about him is his hold up and layoff with runners into the box. did it once last night. based on strength and intelligence. good player is bony. may take some time for the lay offs to come off. if they do michu-hernandez-routs are going to have a good time together, good times indeed.
Thoughts on Bony on 09:21 - Aug 23 with 3042 viewsdameedna

Thoughts on Bony on 14:23 - Aug 19 by shandyjack

great clinical striker with good hold up play, what we have been crying out for. Shearer was never the quickest of strikers was he

agree
Thoughts on Bony on 09:30 - Aug 23 with 3024 viewsraynor94

Thoughts on Bony on 05:33 - Aug 23 by bermudajack

"Ducks for cover"

Not suprised by your thoughts at all, you have to be the most negative poster on here, i`m more than pleased with Bony and think he will score 15 easily, poor Bony is going to get the Scotland treatment with some of our fans

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Thoughts on Bony on 09:33 - Aug 23 with 3015 viewsperchrockjack

If you want slate, Blaenau Ffestiniog has plenty around.
No way can that post be described as slating

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Thoughts on Bony on 09:38 - Aug 23 with 3005 viewswaynekerr55

Thoughts on Bony on 09:30 - Aug 23 by raynor94

Not suprised by your thoughts at all, you have to be the most negative poster on here, i`m more than pleased with Bony and think he will score 15 easily, poor Bony is going to get the Scotland treatment with some of our fans

Agreed. It must bring back memories to those who couldn't handle the fact that Scotland was and still is far more accomplished at a higher level than LT10 - evidenced by his goal scoring record.

Football - "it's all about opinions"

Thoughts on Bony on 10:14 - Aug 23 with 2955 viewstomdickharry

The man is living in a strange environment,working with new colleagues in a work place that is new,has recently traveled thousands of miles to play in an unimportant football match and played against in the course of the last couple of days one of the best sides in Europe,the man would need to be some kind of superman to be fully functional at this stage of his new career.Just think of the toll it takes on any individual merely undertaking a trip to London for pleasure let alone business,you come knackered .Once he has settled in and is used to playing with his new colleagues Bony will be fine,okay so far anyway what is it 3 goals in 4 games.
Thoughts on Bony on 10:20 - Aug 23 with 2949 viewsinspector

His ` goal` sums it up for me. Awesome take down with a great ball out to routledege, then bust a gut to get in front of the defender to bundle it home.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't score 15+ for us.
Thoughts on Bony on 11:27 - Aug 23 with 2880 viewsbermudajack

Thoughts on Bony on 09:30 - Aug 23 by raynor94

Me? Negative? You must be joking...

Some people just say what they see! Some call that being negative, some accept other peoples opinions and think " i don't agree but I can see where your coming from"

You sir have now wrongly described me as the most negative poster on here???

Absolutely not, but hey, your entitled to your opinion eh? I'll try not to label you as anything your not.

I was hoping that a new board would have new higher standards than your post, lack of respect for opposing views ill leave you quite frustrated on a football discussion board I would imagine.

If I don't agree with someone I'd like to think I could refer from petty name calling to get my point across.

My observation from the game are valid and lots of posts on this thread back this up, so live with it eh!

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Thoughts on Bony on 11:31 - Aug 23 with 2876 viewswr72

Thoughts on Bony on 19:28 - Aug 19 by waynekerr55

Is that a serious post?

The reason he goes down is because centre halves are sandwiching him and kicking the shit out of him.Did you see that opportunity when he took the extra touch and hit it but the keeper touched it over.That was the touch of a top top striker.Unbelievable some are criticizing him after a handful of games and GOALS.
Thoughts on Bony on 11:31 - Aug 23 with 2876 viewsMagicDaps

Strikers jobs are primarily to score goals, that's what Bony does.

Things like work rate and pace really aren't all that important for a striker, it's about getting in the right positions and scoring goals which is exactly what Bony has done so far which has really impressed me.

He always looks like getting a goal in games, which is what we lacked last season and he could easily get 20 goals in all competitions at this rate which would be money well spent.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Thoughts on Bony on 11:38 - Aug 23 with 2863 viewswr72

He'll get as many assists as he will goals this season.We're still maintaning our emphasis on Michu as an attacking force.Bony is there to link up with the great man and chip in with the occasional goal.Together,hopefully they can wreak havoc.

Bony's hold up play is incredible,he makes Mark Hughes look like Lauren Harries.
Thoughts on Bony on 11:50 - Aug 23 with 2845 viewswaynekerr55

Thoughts on Bony on 11:31 - Aug 23 by wr72

The reason he goes down is because centre halves are sandwiching him and kicking the shit out of him.Did you see that opportunity when he took the extra touch and hit it but the keeper touched it over.That was the touch of a top top striker.Unbelievable some are criticizing him after a handful of games and GOALS.

As one Alan Gordon Partridge once said

"Abso - bloody - exactly"

Thoughts on Bony on 11:54 - Aug 23 with 2834 viewsnickyfran75

He'll be a great player for us. Worrying that he was in a few times last night only for the Spanish player with the ball look for a fellow countryman.

However,

We need a very good back up just for the amount of travelling that he will be doing for International games. That NYC trip has really shown his lack of a pre season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024