Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last Nights Highlights At Port Vale 15:20 - Oct 9 with 3027 viewsdale1968

Well worked goal

http://www.port-vale.co.uk/news/article/20131009-ythighlights-1106064.aspx

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Last Nights Highlights At Port Vale on 18:16 - Oct 9 with 2876 viewsboromat

Doesn't really do the game justice. Some of our passages of play were the best I've a en this season.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Last Nights Highlights At Port Vale on 11:49 - Oct 10 with 2568 viewsChaffRAFC

First I've seen from it but what a cross from Rose for Rafferty's header. Unbelievable delivery. Very glad to see him pick up form after a poor start to the season. Also put in a wonderful cross for Henderson's volley in the second half.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Last Nights Highlights At Port Vale on 12:13 - Oct 10 with 2543 viewsD_Alien

Last Nights Highlights At Port Vale on 11:49 - Oct 10 by ChaffRAFC

First I've seen from it but what a cross from Rose for Rafferty's header. Unbelievable delivery. Very glad to see him pick up form after a poor start to the season. Also put in a wonderful cross for Henderson's volley in the second half.

Was a great cross - but very similar to the cross Rhys Bennett put in for Lund to equalise at Oxford, and Bennett then put in another cross from which Matty Done almost won the game for us.

Don't know what's happened to Bennett since then, but I'd say he's not happy with life right now - he's getting slated on here, but less than a year ago (and before his injury) he was being touted as a real prospect.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2013 12:14]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Last Nights Highlights At Port Vale on 12:28 - Oct 10 with 2516 viewsChaffRAFC

Last Nights Highlights At Port Vale on 12:13 - Oct 10 by D_Alien

Was a great cross - but very similar to the cross Rhys Bennett put in for Lund to equalise at Oxford, and Bennett then put in another cross from which Matty Done almost won the game for us.

Don't know what's happened to Bennett since then, but I'd say he's not happy with life right now - he's getting slated on here, but less than a year ago (and before his injury) he was being touted as a real prospect.

I agree. He was superb at right back last season but recently he's been very poor. Rafferty has to be a contender for his shirt. The problem Bennett faces is that if he's wanting to play a different position he has no chance because our centre back pairing is excellent with another very good defender on the bench and he can't play centre midfield because we have more than enough players to play that role.

I think Rose would have been dropped earlier in the season if we had more cover at left back.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Last Nights Highlights At Port Vale on 13:28 - Oct 10 with 2427 viewsColDale

Last Nights Highlights At Port Vale on 12:13 - Oct 10 by D_Alien

I think part of the problem at times is the benchmark is being raised. What would have been good enough several months ago isn't anymore. Performances in all positions have been raised which has led to some being singled out not through poor form of their own especially but they haven't raised to a standard that others have. Where we have competition for places, its inevitable those players will come under the spotlight more.
Last Nights Highlights At Port Vale on 14:09 - Oct 10 with 2365 viewsaleanddale

still think there is a lot more to come from Bennett ( how old is he? )

I honestly believe he will play a massive part this season in helping us to be succesful.
Last Nights Highlights At Port Vale on 18:35 - Oct 10 with 2228 viewsRalphs12

Last Nights Highlights At Port Vale on 14:09 - Oct 10 by aleanddale

still think there is a lot more to come from Bennett ( how old is he? )

I honestly believe he will play a massive part this season in helping us to be succesful.

I agree with you and I dont think there will be many that dont including Hilly. He's what 20? 22? so plenty of time for him to learn his trade yet. Currently though he does seem the weak link in a very good defense, there is no real shame in that. Hes playing in a position hes not overly comfortable with, he cant have had much of a pre season really and as Col has said, playing in a team that is doing well anyone that isnt playing quite as good as everyone else will stand out that bit more.

Good asset. Who knows, if O'connell hadn't come in and done as well has he has done we may have seen more of Rhys at centre half.
Last Nights Highlights At Port Vale on 22:14 - Oct 10 with 2090 viewsTomRAFC

Bennett is a talented footballer but he is not a right back and a lot of his natural abilities will be lost if we try and cultivate him into one.

Was having a chat with chaff about this at the wycombe game. His best performances of dale have been in the central defensive midfield role.

I am sure many daleys will remember jamie clarke who was an average at best full back who then suddenly turned into an excellent central midfielder til he and parkin had a bust up.

in the likely event that dicker moves on in january I think giving him time in midfield is how we are going to get the best finished product out of him in a few years time.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Login to get fewer ads

Last Nights Highlights At Port Vale on 22:51 - Oct 10 with 2048 views442Dale

Although I agree Bennett has the ability to play the role, apart from Wimbledon away, when did he actually play in midfield? Phil Edwards had the role three days later at Rotherham and stayed there for a while. There might have been other games, but can't recall them.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Last Nights Highlights At Port Vale on 06:03 - Oct 11 with 1966 viewsColDale

Last Nights Highlights At Port Vale on 22:14 - Oct 10 by TomRAFC

Bennett is a talented footballer but he is not a right back and a lot of his natural abilities will be lost if we try and cultivate him into one.

Was having a chat with chaff about this at the wycombe game. His best performances of dale have been in the central defensive midfield role.

I am sure many daleys will remember jamie clarke who was an average at best full back who then suddenly turned into an excellent central midfielder til he and parkin had a bust up.

in the likely event that dicker moves on in january I think giving him time in midfield is how we are going to get the best finished product out of him in a few years time.

Clarke's subsequent career showed that Parkin was 100% correct. He was one of those Dale players who's reputation always improved whilst not in the team, due to the failings of others.
Last Nights Highlights At Port Vale on 13:59 - Oct 11 with 1851 viewsfunkkk

Last Nights Highlights At Port Vale on 06:03 - Oct 11 by ColDale

Clarke's subsequent career showed that Parkin was 100% correct. He was one of those Dale players who's reputation always improved whilst not in the team, due to the failings of others.

Didn't he have another couple of seasons in the FL? Not sure how that shows Parkin to be 100% correct...
Last Nights Highlights At Port Vale on 15:22 - Oct 11 with 1795 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Last Nights Highlights At Port Vale on 13:59 - Oct 11 by funkkk

Didn't he have another couple of seasons in the FL? Not sure how that shows Parkin to be 100% correct...

I thought he was still around.......
Last Nights Highlights At Port Vale on 16:47 - Oct 11 with 1723 viewsnordenblue

Did he not go to Lincoln or somewhere like that after us?
Last Nights Highlights At Port Vale on 16:53 - Oct 11 with 1718 viewsguiseleyfan

Jamie's last UK club was Guiseley where he had a couple of successful seasons before leaving about December 2012 to take up a coaching role at a football academy in, I believe, Thailand.
Last Nights Highlights At Port Vale on 17:16 - Oct 11 with 1695 viewsColDale

I thought he became Lincolnshire's answer to Drewe Broughton having been part of the Boston side which went down then the Grimsby team which went down. Tho there was another Jamie Clarke popping around at the same time.
Last Nights Highlights At Port Vale on 07:36 - Oct 12 with 1556 viewsAtThePeake

Last Nights Highlights At Port Vale on 17:16 - Oct 11 by ColDale

I thought he became Lincolnshire's answer to Drewe Broughton having been part of the Boston side which went down then the Grimsby team which went down. Tho there was another Jamie Clarke popping around at the same time.

I remember him playing at least twice for Grimsby at Spotland. Must have had 2-3 seasons still in the FL before dropping out.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024