Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Al Jazeera Sports 16:01 - Nov 2 with 19231 viewsPhil_S

Took Uxbridge advice this week and subscribed to this. £65 for the season...just watched the first half of the Man City game in glorious HD via my macbook streamed to my Apple TV. Half time Keys and Gray (I know) showed me all the goals. I'm a fan!!
Al Jazeera Sports on 15:49 - Dec 2 with 3061 viewsSWANZF4N

Al Jazeera Sports on 20:26 - Nov 30 by Jack_Meoff

Can anyone who subscribes to Overplay please explain how it works with an iPad? I've looked at various tutorials and I can't work out what I need to put in the Server box in the PPTP bit when in Settings>General> VPN>Add VPN Configuration. Depending on which tutorial I've watched I've tried my own IP address, numbers from the Overplay site and also, for example, vpn-uk.overplay.co (again from the Overplay site). Any help gratefully received as it's doing my nut in!

you need to manually enter the dns once you have registered - not only that you need to alter the region setting to egypt to download and install the al jazeera app.
I have it and find it hit and miss with the games. sometimes i can get the game instantly or i can be found to be constantly pressing the button for my desired game for a good while before it actually loads...
Al Jazeera Sports on 16:18 - Dec 2 with 3031 viewsjackmorsel

Can anyone who subscribes to Overplay please explain how it works with an iPad? I've looked at various tutorials and I can't work out what I need to put in the Server box in the PPTP bit when in Settings>General> VPN>Add VPN Configuration. Depending on which tutorial I've watched I've tried my own IP address, numbers from the Overplay site and also, for example, vpn-uk.overplay.co (again from the Overplay site). Any help gratefully received as it's doing my nut in!

I don't know Overplay but I do know VPN's. If they are using a PPTP tunnel then you simply need to add the correct VPN Address into the correct settings on the Ipad and the password Overplay should give you for the PPTP connection.

The VPN address will either be an IP address (4 set's of numbers eg. 192.164.10.10) or it will be a DNS address that will look like a a normal url. This address will need to be the one for the country you are intending to be viewing through, e.g. Egypt for Al Jazerra.

I'll have a look at overplay now and see if that is how they are configuring their VPN service.
Al Jazeera Sports on 16:32 - Dec 2 with 3021 viewsjackmorsel

OK had a look at the Overplay web site and the instructions below for IPad. The key line is number 7. You should have an equivalent server address for Egypt, similar to the one they have shown but probably says Egypt in it. You need to enter this in the Server part of the VPN connection settings.

Then your standard account details and password and you should be good to go.

You will probably need the manual set up as I guess Egypt is not their auto set up.

Good Luck!

If you'd prefer to install manually, iPhone and iPad are supported via PPTP and L2TP. We recommend that you try PPTP first, and then L2TP if you experience any trouble.

1) Access your home screen and tap Settings
2) Tap General
3) Tap Network
4) Tap VPN
5) Tap "Add VPN Configuration..."
6) Select PPTP or L2TP from the tabs at the top
7) Enter 'vpn-us-east.overplay.net' for the server, or whichever server address you wish to connect to. Account and password are your OverPlay login details. RSA SecureID should be OFF, Encryption Level should be AUTO, Send All Traffic turned ON, and Proxy set to OFF. If you chose L2TP, set the shared secret to 'overplay.net'
8) Tap Save in the top right corner
9) You are back on the prior page and should see a new 'OverPlay' option beneath the 'Choose a configuration' heading. Tap this and a tick should appear beside it

You can now tap the 'ON/OFF' button beside the VPN label, to turn VPN on. You will connect and show status 'Connected'.

We have also written a picture based guide if you prefer that to the instructions above.
Al Jazeera Sports on 17:29 - Dec 2 with 2975 viewsSWANZF4N

how can i change my vpn address?
Al Jazeera Sports on 17:34 - Dec 2 with 2973 viewsjackmorsel

Al Jazeera Sports on 17:29 - Dec 2 by SWANZF4N

how can i change my vpn address?

Overplay should have provided you with a list of their VPN servers all over the world if you are using them?

Just change the VPN settings for which ever server you need i.e. which country you want to "pretend" you are in.
Al Jazeera Sports on 17:36 - Dec 2 with 2970 viewsSWANZF4N

I have ( egypt ) and they have banned that address to it - how do i go about getting issued with another address or does it now work like that?
Al Jazeera Sports on 17:55 - Dec 2 with 2953 viewsjackmorsel

Al Jazeera Sports on 17:36 - Dec 2 by SWANZF4N

I have ( egypt ) and they have banned that address to it - how do i go about getting issued with another address or does it now work like that?

Assume you mean Al Jazerra have cottoned on to people using that VPN address and have blocked it.

I would send overplay an e mail and ask for alternate IP address or server for Egypt or ask if they have anything in the other countries that AJ works in, Jordan, Saudi etc. You're paying them some money for the service so you should expect some alternate servers or address's as this does happen a fair bit.

If that doesn't work you may need an alternate VPN provider like these guys

http://www.hidemyass.com/vpn/

They seem to have a load more servers and countries.

Failing that Hola seems to work OK but not used it much myself. VPN is/should be better than smart DNS.
Al Jazeera Sports on 18:50 - Dec 2 with 2913 viewsSWANZF4N

cheers will contact them now
Login to get fewer ads

Al Jazeera Sports on 19:32 - Dec 2 with 2892 viewsSWANZF4N

ok so i now have a new dns they issued me but the problem will stil remain as they know my home ip - how can i hide this and more importantly for free ;O)
Al Jazeera Sports on 21:06 - Dec 2 with 2835 viewsjackmorsel

Al Jazeera Sports on 19:32 - Dec 2 by SWANZF4N

ok so i now have a new dns they issued me but the problem will stil remain as they know my home ip - how can i hide this and more importantly for free ;O)

Are you using the smart DNS or VPN? if VPN it makes no difference as AJ will only see the VPN IP address (in Egypt) as this is how a VPN works.

Smart DNS is a little different in that they will give you the DNS server details in Egypt, and route you through them so that the request from you goes through the Overplay DNS server in Egypt but IP address is still UK.

In either case this should not affect you being blocked from your UK ISP IP Address.

In case though, assuming you are with a normal UK ISP you don not have a static IP then just unplug your router and you will automatically get a new IP address assigned from your ISP.
Al Jazeera Sports on 21:13 - Dec 2 with 2823 viewsLiam12345

you can install hola and then unblock nbc sport and watch any game for free on there.

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Al Jazeera Sports on 20:33 - Dec 3 with 2692 viewsJack_Meoff

Al Jazeera Sports on 16:32 - Dec 2 by jackmorsel

OK had a look at the Overplay web site and the instructions below for IPad. The key line is number 7. You should have an equivalent server address for Egypt, similar to the one they have shown but probably says Egypt in it. You need to enter this in the Server part of the VPN connection settings.

Then your standard account details and password and you should be good to go.

You will probably need the manual set up as I guess Egypt is not their auto set up.

Good Luck!

If you'd prefer to install manually, iPhone and iPad are supported via PPTP and L2TP. We recommend that you try PPTP first, and then L2TP if you experience any trouble.

1) Access your home screen and tap Settings
2) Tap General
3) Tap Network
4) Tap VPN
5) Tap "Add VPN Configuration..."
6) Select PPTP or L2TP from the tabs at the top
7) Enter 'vpn-us-east.overplay.net' for the server, or whichever server address you wish to connect to. Account and password are your OverPlay login details. RSA SecureID should be OFF, Encryption Level should be AUTO, Send All Traffic turned ON, and Proxy set to OFF. If you chose L2TP, set the shared secret to 'overplay.net'
8) Tap Save in the top right corner
9) You are back on the prior page and should see a new 'OverPlay' option beneath the 'Choose a configuration' heading. Tap this and a tick should appear beside it

You can now tap the 'ON/OFF' button beside the VPN label, to turn VPN on. You will connect and show status 'Connected'.

We have also written a picture based guide if you prefer that to the instructions above.

I'd been on that page but wasn't having any joy with the PPTP, now getting intermittent joy when filling in LT2P, weird. Annoying because Overplay is so easy on PC, but it seems a bit toilet on iPad unless I'm missing something obvious. Cheers for your help though!

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Al Jazeera Sports on 12:20 - Dec 7 with 2573 viewsmarky94

Is there an idiots step by step guide to setting these android boxes up to watch Al Jazeera prem games. I'm useless with IT and computers.

Fancy getting one of these boxes for Christmas but worried I will spend the whole festive period confused trying to set it up.

Thanks in advance
Al Jazeera Sports on 08:26 - Dec 15 with 2432 viewsanogrish

Al Jazeera Sports on 21:53 - Nov 2 by TheApothecary

You knows it.... ha ha

you need use vpn to help you unblock vpntraffic.com
[Post edited 17 Dec 2013 13:05]
Al Jazeera Sports on 10:14 - Dec 15 with 2377 viewsTheApothecary

Al Jazeera Sports on 12:20 - Dec 7 by marky94

Is there an idiots step by step guide to setting these android boxes up to watch Al Jazeera prem games. I'm useless with IT and computers.

Fancy getting one of these boxes for Christmas but worried I will spend the whole festive period confused trying to set it up.

Thanks in advance

No mate, mine came pre installed with everything you need. Watched man city v arsenal, scum v west brom, hull v stoke all perfect quality.

I'm a bit of a luddite and I got to grips with mine really quickly....... :-)
Al Jazeera Sports on 11:20 - Dec 15 with 2343 viewsjackster109

Im about to subscribe to Al Jazerra. I've used HMA to change my location.

I remeber reading a guide on the subscription but can't find it now!

I recall something about having to enter a fake Egyptian mobile number.

Is this correct?
Al Jazeera Sports on 11:36 - Dec 15 with 2328 viewsPhil_S

People have talked on here about subscribing to NBC Sports - how is this possible?
Al Jazeera Sports on 11:53 - Dec 15 with 2316 viewsairedale

Al Jazeera Sports on 10:14 - Dec 15 by TheApothecary

No mate, mine came pre installed with everything you need. Watched man city v arsenal, scum v west brom, hull v stoke all perfect quality.

I believe you when you say you watched the Man City game..........
Al Jazeera Sports on 11:56 - Dec 15 with 2311 viewsinspector

e: no qoute
[Post edited 15 Dec 2013 21:23]
Al Jazeera Sports on 21:23 - Dec 15 with 2218 viewsinspector

Al Jazeera Sports on 10:14 - Dec 15 by TheApothecary

what box is this?
Al Jazeera Sports on 19:19 - Jan 1 with 2024 viewsjakal75

Al Jazeera Sports on 09:37 - Nov 16 by razorjack

Hi guys......will this work with it........Smart DNS Proxy?

Says it's free now.

It's all new to me this stuff.

Thanks.........razor.

Edit.........says it's faster than VPN.....whatever that is
[Post edited 16 Nov 2013 9:40]

At least I have used www.smartdnsproxy.com as a smart dns service and it is free and it seems to work great for me, there are others as well, but you can at least check this one out since it is free.
Al Jazeera Sports on 21:23 - Jan 10 with 1873 viewsNeathJack

Just signed up for this http://streamtvbox.com/site/ and currently watching Leicester v Derby in HD.

All the Sky Sports Channels, Bt Sport and Al Jazeera sport Channels as well as loads more.

£10.99 a month with no contract, no need for VPN's or suchlike and on first viewing looks an absolute bargain
Al Jazeera Sports on 20:07 - Jan 13 with 1736 viewsNeathJack

Al Jazeera Sports on 21:23 - Jan 10 by NeathJack

Just signed up for this http://streamtvbox.com/site/ and currently watching Leicester v Derby in HD.

All the Sky Sports Channels, Bt Sport and Al Jazeera sport Channels as well as loads more.

£10.99 a month with no contract, no need for VPN's or suchlike and on first viewing looks an absolute bargain

Having had this now for the weekend, I highly recommend it.

Currently watching Villa v Arsenal in HD
Al Jazeera Sports on 20:23 - Jan 13 with 1717 viewsYougle

Al Jazeera Sports on 20:07 - Jan 13 by NeathJack

Having had this now for the weekend, I highly recommend it.

Currently watching Villa v Arsenal in HD

I shall call you Sir NeathJack from now on!
Al Jazeera Sports on 20:27 - Jan 13 with 1714 viewsNeathJack

Al Jazeera Sports on 20:23 - Jan 13 by Yougle

I shall call you Sir NeathJack from now on!

Quite right too
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024