Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Ince: Total Chump! 13:38 - Dec 8 with 1950 viewspkay_brum

As 'Guv'nor' Ince was packed off from the iPro with his shambolic entourage to count the available Tangerine squad members from his dismantled 'team', we were treated to his emotive witterings about referees and opponents.

He accused Chris Martin of 'diving' to get Derby's first penalty and the (crucial) equaliser.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-striker-Chris-Martin-accused-diving

Blackpool, over the 90 minutes, were soundly thrashed and it was only Derby's profligacy in front of goal that Blackpool had retained their surprise lead. They resorted to fouling and paid the price - again.

72% Derby possession and a goal-peppering exhibition of football can't be masked by Ince's predictable whinings about 'poor officiating' and fatuous appeals that (when the second Tangerine player was sent off) that 'it was 5-1 and only 3 minutes to go'.

Since when did clogging opponents become allowed, when your team's already being thrashed and it's nearly full-time?

There was contact with Martin outside and inside the box; it was evident to me that his progress to goal was impeded - and he had a great shooting chance when he went down.

It was generous, harsh....but who cares? Teams suffer and benefit from those decisions every game.

There were plenty of very heavy tackles from desperate Blackpool defenders - fouling the marauding Rams became just about their only defence; 'Pool were being dismantled twice every minute in the second half.

Ince's assistant, Steve Thompson, was more circumspect as he observed that 'Pool had to sort out its disciplinary problems. Someone should bring those more measured words to Ince's attention, so that he can pick a side capable of competing fairly.

The buck stops with you, Ince. If Ince is in that job at the end of the season I'll...I'll...drink a bottle of that gooey, icky iPro stuff!

I don't know (in about 48 seasons!) that I can recall a team having 5 players sent off in that space of time before - but if Blackpool continue to clog their way through games, they won't be in sight of the top six again for a long time, either.
Paul Ince: Total Chump! on 20:47 - Dec 9 with 1895 views1960Ram

Any time I watch the Football League Show, it always strikes me that their insistence on showing clips of managers' after the match comments pretty much guarantees that losing managers will blame most of it on the ref.

We should certainly not expect graceful comments from Ince.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024