Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer flush out 20:57 - Dec 12 with 5944 viewspontlliwjack

I have supported swans for 30+years and enjoyed almost all of it BUT.....
I have come it the conclusion that we have too many Spanish players SO.....
Time to get rid of some who?
1/Chico. Great character but a liability
2/Hernandez Class player. But always injured can't afford players that are always in the treatment room
3/Vazquez simply not good enough
4/JDG. I know he's not Spanish but I think he's a show pony and doesn't give a toss about us Swans
5/Michu. Been great for us but his transfer fee could help fund new players also he's gone when ML goes

We need players with some balls and passion

Bring on the abuse I couldn't give a SH*t!!!!!!!!!!
Summer flush out on 21:49 - Dec 12 with 1429 viewsJBT95

Summer flush out on 21:38 - Dec 12 by Jackanapes

Defo not trolling, it's the truth. Moore actually made a difference to our game whereas Vazquez doesn't, Caulker is a quality CB and if it's true we had the chance of signing him or Amat why we didn't sign a proven PL CB is beyond me. Amat is a good player, but is it worth bringing a spanish CB in? They don't add anything to our game really. Canas looks gash everytime he plays.

I don't understand it with ML, he says a team from a country should have a squad mostly of that nationality, yet he's only brought in two british players.

From our ML Spanish signings I honestly think only Pablo, Michu and Pozuelo have been worth bringing here.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2013 21:53]
Summer flush out on 21:54 - Dec 12 with 1396 viewsMagicDaps

Summer flush out on 21:34 - Dec 12 by JBT95

I honestly think Canas, Amat and Vazquez should never have come here. I'd much prefer to have Caulker, Allen and Moore.

Canas, Amat and Vasquez cost some £20 million less.

So who would have people signed with the £12 million that has allowed us to get Pablo, Chico, Michu, Pozuelo, Canas and Amat? Jarvis went for that, Adam Johnson went for that and plenty of other English players who are average at this level.

The English players are as much of a group as the Spaniards, it's natural that they would warm to each other as you do to try and settle in a new country but there's been no real evidence to suggest that we aren't a team. Yes, the Spaniards were chatting to Negredo, but there is never a mention when naturally one of the English lads speaks to somebody he knows in the opposition which you see all the time in tunnel cam.

Yes, we're not a perfect side, but we've got the best side we've ever had. People talk about us being able to do better than Chico, but not for £2 million. People talk about us being able to do better than JDG, but not on a season long loan. For a club with our expenditure, we're having a very good season, we're spending less than plenty of sides below us in the table and nobody above us is spending the sort of money that we do on wages. We're through to the later stages of Europe, something we'd have all been delighted with at the start of the season, and something that we can certainly call a successful European campaign.

We're also doing this with a much younger squad than we've had previously, something that very rarely gets mentioned. The new signings are very young with Pozuelo, Amat and Shelvey all being 21 when they joined. These players are only going to improve, and help prolong the most successful period in our history in the next few years.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Summer flush out on 21:58 - Dec 12 with 1379 viewsOdgaard

Summer flush out on 21:34 - Dec 12 by JBT95

I honestly think Canas, Amat and Vazquez should never have come here. I'd much prefer to have Caulker, Allen and Moore.

Well, Caulker cost 8m Allen sold for 15m Moore free = 23 mil £ less in the bank if this was the current setup...

But with; Canas Free, Amat 2m and Vazquez loan = 2 mil £ that will mean that this lineup have saved the club 21 mil. pund.

For me thats a f+++++++ good deal.. Yeah Caulker is good, Allen is not a defensive midfielder, and i do think that Canas is a better option. Moore is shit just as Vazquez.

So overall, yeah maybe they are better but with the cost of 21 mil. pund? I do not think so!
Summer flush out on 22:07 - Dec 12 with 1344 viewsTrundle10

Summer flush out on 21:49 - Dec 12 by JBT95

Defo not trolling, it's the truth. Moore actually made a difference to our game whereas Vazquez doesn't, Caulker is a quality CB and if it's true we had the chance of signing him or Amat why we didn't sign a proven PL CB is beyond me. Amat is a good player, but is it worth bringing a spanish CB in? They don't add anything to our game really. Canas looks gash everytime he plays.

I don't understand it with ML, he says a team from a country should have a squad mostly of that nationality, yet he's only brought in two british players.

From our ML Spanish signings I honestly think only Pablo, Michu and Pozuelo have been worth bringing here.

Canas looks gash...... Did you see the Newcastle game? West Brom away???
Summer flush out on 22:12 - Dec 12 with 1333 viewslonglostjack

It's been incredibly boring ever since we got promoted. First we had to face those useless Bradford clodhoppers at that overrated stadium in the most overrated capital city in the world and now we've lost to an unknown bunch of Heidis in a fog filled hole of a town that sounds like gall bladder. Time to sell all those Spanish wimps and invest in gutsy British players who will do us proud.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Summer flush out on 22:18 - Dec 12 with 1306 viewsjojaca

Vorm - In, Tremmel- In.

Rangel - In, TIENDALLI - OUT, Taylor - In, Davies - In, Chico - In, Amat - In, Williams - In, MONK - OUT

Dyer - In, ROUTLEDGE - OUT, Hernandez - In, LAMAH - OUT, Canas - In, Britton - In, Shelvey - In, DE GUZMAN -OUT, Pozeulo - In,

Michu - In, Bony - In, VASQUEZ - OUT.

Even when you know, you never know?

Summer flush out on 22:26 - Dec 12 with 1283 viewsTrundle10

Hernandez lacks guts
Summer flush out on 22:29 - Dec 12 with 1276 viewsOdgaard

Summer flush out on 21:49 - Dec 12 by JBT95

Did you think moore as a long time solution? surely not, but i do agree that he did do better than vazquez, but thats not the point. The meaning of signing Vazquez was to see if he could do better or perhaps be a starter someday - without that prospect the player is meaningless.. And Vazquez is only third option, after bony and Michu.

Chico have done really well for the cost of only 2mil. Yeah he is a dramaqueen - but he have done many good things for this club -

Canas is a solid defensive midfielder, i cant understand why everybody is nagging about him. Hes performances is keeping getting better and better..

Amat is young and need experiences, hes a prospect, but you cant tell now if hes going to be the number one guy or not. was Kyle bartley better?

The problem is that the PL is the best league in the world, which means that the level is so high that there isn't enough good English players to fill every club. Therefore you can choose between get people outside which are much more cheaper or buy the best english players for a high fee..

The only thing to prevent to many foreign players is to make rules about it. But without any, the only way to compete is to buy cheap players around the world... Or play in lower leagues :)
[Post edited 12 Dec 2013 23:02]
Login to get fewer ads

Summer flush out on 22:33 - Dec 12 with 1261 viewsDyfnant

I think we've identified one of the plebs booing at halftime last week

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Summer flush out on 22:33 - Dec 12 with 1261 viewsJBT95

We finished 11th in our first season. The only regular foreign players were Vorm, Rangel and Siggy when he came in January. This bull crap about having to have foreigners is to be good is exactly that, bull crap. Look at Man United, they have the most british players from the top clubs, won the PL 13 out of 21 times.

I thought our mix being british and foreign last year was about right, but it's far too many foreigners now.

If people think Moore didn't make an impact on our game, may I remind you of Reading at home and Arsenal away where he set up the goals.

Some of Canas' challenges are pathetic for a defensive midfielder, Joe Allen always played with guts and was a great tackler, him and Britton in midfield was a great duo.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2013 22:37]
Summer flush out on 22:35 - Dec 12 with 1258 viewsJBT95

Summer flush out on 22:33 - Dec 12 by Dyfnant

I think we've identified one of the plebs booing at halftime last week

If you mean me, no, I've never boo'd, nor left early. Can I not have an opinion on the playing staff?
Summer flush out on 22:40 - Dec 12 with 1237 viewsDyfnant

Summer flush out on 22:35 - Dec 12 by JBT95

If you mean me, no, I've never boo'd, nor left early. Can I not have an opinion on the playing staff?

I was referring to the OP

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Summer flush out on 22:40 - Dec 12 with 1237 viewsMrSwerve

We undoubtably should have gone in for Caulker imo. Even at 8 mill. Yes we have Chico and Williams...but williams is nearly 30 and I think Caulker is a better player than Chico. I'd expect Caulker to be in the first England XI soon.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Summer flush out on 22:41 - Dec 12 with 1233 viewsItchySphincter

Vasquez has hardly played enough to be judged and Amat has done very well. Chico and Michu may be flawed but have more than proved themselves. Poz will get better and better. Pablo is an enigma but can hurt the opposition, needs to stay fit. Jury still out on Canas, like for like replacement for Leon only not so good. Fully expect him to improve, but not guaranteed.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Summer flush out on 22:46 - Dec 12 with 1216 viewsJBT95

Summer flush out on 22:40 - Dec 12 by MrSwerve

We undoubtably should have gone in for Caulker imo. Even at 8 mill. Yes we have Chico and Williams...but williams is nearly 30 and I think Caulker is a better player than Chico. I'd expect Caulker to be in the first England XI soon.

This. Would have been a quality signing for the future, isn't he younger than Amat too? If he became an England regular he'd probably get sold for £20m to a champions league club, Cardiff will be laughing all the way to the bank if that happens for them.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2013 22:46]
Summer flush out on 23:01 - Dec 12 with 1140 viewsGlyn1

Summer flush out on 21:03 - Dec 12 by pontlliwjack

Hernandez not inured now but he is always injured
Like I said he is class though

He wasn't always injured last season - didn't he play more than 30 games? I may be mistaken, but I thought that he played a lot last year.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Summer flush out on 23:02 - Dec 12 with 1131 viewsGlyn1

Summer flush out on 22:40 - Dec 12 by MrSwerve

We can go for Caulker after Cardiff are relegated. I'd also go for their goalkeeper and Medel (maybe).

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Summer flush out on 23:40 - Dec 12 with 1106 viewsSwansNZ

Fair play, I’ve had a laugh reading this thread.

So a few of the points we have is…

Pablo who is always injured, except when he is not.

Vazquez simply not good enough, even though he has hardly played, is not our player anyway — oh, and he IS injured — add that to your list.

JDG, who is not Spanish, and is not our player anyway, and was given Spanish nationality because he is not liked.

Michu, who is just a walking pot of gold.

Too small a squad, except that we have too many Spanish ones, or associated with Spanish clubs or you just don’t like — so get rid.

Our players chatting with the opposition, which of course should be frowned upon, as they are professionals.

Caulker (£8+ Million) is better than Amat (£2.5 Million).

Allen (who funded just about all our new players last season) is better than Canas, who is crap anyway so no wonder he was free.

We have too many bloody foreigners, and should buy the best of British, f**k the cost or ability probably in many cases.

yep, a good laugh all round!

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Summer flush out on 00:25 - Dec 13 with 1079 views_

Can we get rid of cu7ts like this?

We've got too many thick-as-shit fans, can we send them somewhere hot?

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Summer flush out on 00:27 - Dec 13 with 1078 views_

Summer flush out on 21:37 - Dec 12 by KeyserSoze

I would get rid of Chico, he is decent but we could do better and It really irritates me when he rolls around for no reason.

I agree in a way about the Spanish players all joking around on the training field not speaking English and chatting casually with Negredo before the Man City game isn't very professional. But the Spanish players have helped us get where we are and I certainly wouldn't want to see Michu/Hernandez/Rangel leave.

If the new Spanish boys acted a bit more like Rangel, then I wouldn't really have a problem. But to say they're detrimental to the club is ridiculous, they are an asset, I just feel they could do a bit more.

Hahahaha bless, clueless as a clue lost in facking no cluestown, get help.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Summer flush out on 00:32 - Dec 13 with 1074 viewsblaine_scfc

Summer flush out on 00:27 - Dec 13 by _

Hahahaha bless, clueless as a clue lost in facking no cluestown, get help.

Get yourself to bed.
Summer flush out on 00:35 - Dec 13 with 1069 views_

Summer flush out on 00:32 - Dec 13 by blaine_scfc

Get yourself to bed.

Pervert

Summer flush out on 00:58 - Dec 13 with 1048 viewsSpratty

Summer flush out on 23:01 - Dec 12 by Glyn1

He wasn't always injured last season - didn't he play more than 30 games? I may be mistaken, but I thought that he played a lot last year.

Yep (I think just after Pablo was injured this season) one poster (possibly Laudrup) went to the trouble of doing an analysis of games played when someone else complained he was always injured. The analysis showed the high number of games / full games he played last season. Still why should let hard facts get in the way of prejudice.

I heard someone on the radio after the Hull match complaining about the Spanish players and felt pretty disgusted to be honest. Fine if they want to criticise individuals for specific reasons but dear lord we have certainly had vfm.

I for one am very proud of what has been achieved and privileged to have been a part of it.
Summer flush out on 01:14 - Dec 13 with 1043 viewsscottishjack

Summer flush out on 22:18 - Dec 12 by jojaca

Vorm - In, Tremmel- In.

Rangel - In, TIENDALLI - OUT, Taylor - In, Davies - In, Chico - In, Amat - In, Williams - In, MONK - OUT

Dyer - In, ROUTLEDGE - OUT, Hernandez - In, LAMAH - OUT, Canas - In, Britton - In, Shelvey - In, DE GUZMAN -OUT, Pozeulo - In,

Michu - In, Bony - In, VASQUEZ - OUT.

Can't argue too much with that...

Monk, don't want to see him go, but time is catching up maybe?

Vasquez, not sure if he has had enough of a chance?
Summer flush out on 04:10 - Dec 13 with 997 viewsTownhill_Hilton

Iesu Mawr.
We're in the last 32 in Europe and in the top half of the Premiership despite no fit strikers, one fit goalkeeper and the toughest schedule the club has ever faced.
Honestly, someone give Jim Henson a call.
There are more muppets posting here than in a Kermit and Miss Piggy movie.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024