Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer flush out 20:57 - Dec 12 with 5738 viewspontlliwjack

I have supported swans for 30+years and enjoyed almost all of it BUT.....
I have come it the conclusion that we have too many Spanish players SO.....
Time to get rid of some who?
1/Chico. Great character but a liability
2/Hernandez Class player. But always injured can't afford players that are always in the treatment room
3/Vazquez simply not good enough
4/JDG. I know he's not Spanish but I think he's a show pony and doesn't give a toss about us Swans
5/Michu. Been great for us but his transfer fee could help fund new players also he's gone when ML goes

We need players with some balls and passion

Bring on the abuse I couldn't give a SH*t!!!!!!!!!!
Summer flush out on 07:47 - Dec 13 with 820 viewsStarsky

Summer flush out on 04:10 - Dec 13 by Townhill_Hilton

Iesu Mawr.
We're in the last 32 in Europe and in the top half of the Premiership despite no fit strikers, one fit goalkeeper and the toughest schedule the club has ever faced.
Honestly, someone give Jim Henson a call.
There are more muppets posting here than in a Kermit and Miss Piggy movie.

Indeed. Some of our 'supporters' need to look up the definition of support.
Spoilt they are.

It's just the internet, init.

Summer flush out on 08:56 - Dec 13 with 776 viewsshandyjack

Summer flush out on 21:54 - Dec 12 by MagicDaps

Canas, Amat and Vasquez cost some £20 million less.

So who would have people signed with the £12 million that has allowed us to get Pablo, Chico, Michu, Pozuelo, Canas and Amat? Jarvis went for that, Adam Johnson went for that and plenty of other English players who are average at this level.

The English players are as much of a group as the Spaniards, it's natural that they would warm to each other as you do to try and settle in a new country but there's been no real evidence to suggest that we aren't a team. Yes, the Spaniards were chatting to Negredo, but there is never a mention when naturally one of the English lads speaks to somebody he knows in the opposition which you see all the time in tunnel cam.

Yes, we're not a perfect side, but we've got the best side we've ever had. People talk about us being able to do better than Chico, but not for £2 million. People talk about us being able to do better than JDG, but not on a season long loan. For a club with our expenditure, we're having a very good season, we're spending less than plenty of sides below us in the table and nobody above us is spending the sort of money that we do on wages. We're through to the later stages of Europe, something we'd have all been delighted with at the start of the season, and something that we can certainly call a successful European campaign.

We're also doing this with a much younger squad than we've had previously, something that very rarely gets mentioned. The new signings are very young with Pozuelo, Amat and Shelvey all being 21 when they joined. These players are only going to improve, and help prolong the most successful period in our history in the next few years.

Great post

Poll: Expectation for the season

Summer flush out on 09:45 - Dec 13 with 752 viewsOdgaard

Summer flush out on 23:40 - Dec 12 by SwansNZ

Fair play, I’ve had a laugh reading this thread.

So a few of the points we have is…

Pablo who is always injured, except when he is not.

Vazquez simply not good enough, even though he has hardly played, is not our player anyway — oh, and he IS injured — add that to your list.

JDG, who is not Spanish, and is not our player anyway, and was given Spanish nationality because he is not liked.

Michu, who is just a walking pot of gold.

Too small a squad, except that we have too many Spanish ones, or associated with Spanish clubs or you just don’t like — so get rid.

Our players chatting with the opposition, which of course should be frowned upon, as they are professionals.

Caulker (£8+ Million) is better than Amat (£2.5 Million).

Allen (who funded just about all our new players last season) is better than Canas, who is crap anyway so no wonder he was free.

We have too many bloody foreigners, and should buy the best of British, f**k the cost or ability probably in many cases.

yep, a good laugh all round!

haha i agree - Where is the perspective?! :)
Summer flush out on 15:17 - Dec 13 with 685 viewspontlliwjack

Summer flush out on 22:40 - Dec 12 by Dyfnant

I was referring to the OP

I have never done that in all years I have supported my team
Just because I have an opinion doesn't mean I don't support my team win lose or draw and will always support my team at whatever level we are at
NOB
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024