Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Model for a football club 14:57 - Dec 21 with 4826 viewsrockin

I think the interesting parallels between Cardiff and ourselves emphasise the need for some regulation of football clubs.

As many know I'm a massive advocate of safe standing at grounds but to add to the mix I believe it should in place that a percentage of a football club, possibly 20% or so must be owned locally.

As football because more business driven, it needs to be treated like an industry and therefore it needs protecting from itself. Our model is wonderful and we should be a lesson to all.
Model for a football club on 15:00 - Dec 21 with 3616 viewsreddythered

If you want it treated as an industry, sadly protectionism never works.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Model for a football club on 15:03 - Dec 21 with 3600 viewsmonmouth

I'p prefer them to be listed community assets with council's holding a golden voting share that stops any financial risk or changes to the core nature of the club. Hell of a task to make it happen, but stopping purchases with borrowed money or loans would be a start, and an inability to take more out than is out in. Idealistic I know, and in the greed culture that now exists everywhere, hopelessly naive.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Model for a football club on 15:03 - Dec 21 with 3597 viewsUxbridge

Model for a football club on 15:00 - Dec 21 by reddythered

The bundesliga disagrees.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Model for a football club on 15:03 - Dec 21 with 3597 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Model for a football club on 15:00 - Dec 21 by reddythered

He doesn't approve protectionism. He's slightly to the right of Thatcher you know

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Model for a football club on 15:05 - Dec 21 with 3586 viewsUxbridge

Model for a football club on 15:03 - Dec 21 by monmouth

I'p prefer them to be listed community assets with council's holding a golden voting share that stops any financial risk or changes to the core nature of the club. Hell of a task to make it happen, but stopping purchases with borrowed money or loans would be a start, and an inability to take more out than is out in. Idealistic I know, and in the greed culture that now exists everywhere, hopelessly naive.

Swansea council in control of the Swans? Eek.

A simple FFP where clubs must break even over a 3 year period would make a lot of sense. Sadly there's no will for it with the authorities.

Model for a football club on 15:06 - Dec 21 with 3574 viewsmonmouth

Not in control, as custodians with a veto. But yeah....maybe not Swansea council....

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Model for a football club on 15:09 - Dec 21 with 3559 viewsdgt73

Where does this stand with the free market and capitalism.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Model for a football club on 17:18 - Dec 21 with 3456 viewsrockin

I think some of you posting here need to look up the word, pragmatism.
Login to get fewer ads

Model for a football club on 17:19 - Dec 21 with 3451 viewsdgt73

Model for a football club on 17:18 - Dec 21 by rockin

I think some of you posting here need to look up the word, pragmatism.

And I think you may be suffering from schizophrenia.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Model for a football club on 17:32 - Dec 21 with 3409 viewsrockin

Model for a football club on 17:19 - Dec 21 by dgt73

And I think you may be suffering from schizophrenia.

Are you a Doctor?
Model for a football club on 17:35 - Dec 21 with 3396 viewsreddythered

Model for a football club on 15:03 - Dec 21 by Uxbridge

The bundesliga disagrees.

It might. Time will tell how that works out long term.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Model for a football club on 17:50 - Dec 21 with 3371 viewsUxbridge

Model for a football club on 17:35 - Dec 21 by reddythered

It might. Time will tell how that works out long term.

Well it's a long term model there, so I'd argue we are seeing the benefits. No club in the PL comes close to the fans considerate model in the Bundesliga and I include the swans in that.

Model for a football club on 17:51 - Dec 21 with 3366 viewsrockin

My philosophy is that a football club has to have a stake in the community at large, it's not like mcdonalds.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2013 18:02]
Model for a football club on 17:55 - Dec 21 with 3351 viewsexiledclaseboy

Model for a football club on 17:50 - Dec 21 by Uxbridge

Well it's a long term model there, so I'd argue we are seeing the benefits. No club in the PL comes close to the fans considerate model in the Bundesliga and I include the swans in that.

Can someone summarise how German football is modelled then please? I can't be arsed to look it up. I won't believe it until Uxy confirms it anyway. I never do.

Poll: Tory leader

Model for a football club on 18:04 - Dec 21 with 3318 viewsrockin

Model for a football club on 17:55 - Dec 21 by exiledclaseboy

Can someone summarise how German football is modelled then please? I can't be arsed to look it up. I won't believe it until Uxy confirms it anyway. I never do.

Basically fans on the whole have a stake in their clubs, which has meant more long term planning and a belief in the fan being at the centre of the club e.g. cheap season tickets with standing at every ground.

It's a modernised version of what we used to have, fairplay the krauts always a step ahead
Model for a football club on 18:05 - Dec 21 with 3311 viewsexiledclaseboy

Model for a football club on 18:04 - Dec 21 by rockin

Basically fans on the whole have a stake in their clubs, which has meant more long term planning and a belief in the fan being at the centre of the club e.g. cheap season tickets with standing at every ground.

It's a modernised version of what we used to have, fairplay the krauts always a step ahead

But is that legislated for or is it just the way it is?

Poll: Tory leader

Model for a football club on 18:07 - Dec 21 with 3300 viewsjruss1

Yes. it's called the '50 plus 1' rule. Fans/memberships always own 51 per cent of the club. Prevents Tan situations for sure.
Model for a football club on 18:08 - Dec 21 with 3294 viewsrockin

Model for a football club on 18:05 - Dec 21 by exiledclaseboy

But is that legislated for or is it just the way it is?

I'm not 100% on that.

But you know how it is we have a different culture to Germany, they're wired differently I know this having known a few germans in my time.

They have a much longer-term perspective on things. I advocate some light touch regulation that could nudge clubs in the right direction.
Model for a football club on 18:39 - Dec 21 with 3235 viewsUxbridge

Model for a football club on 17:55 - Dec 21 by exiledclaseboy

A wise approach jruss sums up the bare bones of it. If you can stomach reading the Daily Fascist, see the following from the Bayern president and imagine such words coming from any Prem league chairman. I'm very envious.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2318209/Bayern-Munich-season-t

Model for a football club on 18:41 - Dec 21 with 3220 viewsjruss1

There was a great interview with the people who run Dortmund in 442 magazine last year as well. Including a fantastic quote where they stated they lose around £4.3 million a year by having a terrace, but won't entertain the idea of changing it as 'the fans will kill us'
Model for a football club on 18:49 - Dec 21 with 3185 viewsUxbridge

Model for a football club on 18:41 - Dec 21 by jruss1

There was a great interview with the people who run Dortmund in 442 magazine last year as well. Including a fantastic quote where they stated they lose around £4.3 million a year by having a terrace, but won't entertain the idea of changing it as 'the fans will kill us'

Watching a game on that terrace is very high on my bucket list. Sadly I think it would ruin domestic footy for me.

Model for a football club on 18:53 - Dec 21 with 3167 viewsjruss1

I'm hoping to go in March. Been looking at it for years.
Model for a football club on 18:57 - Dec 21 with 3148 viewsUxbridge

Model for a football club on 18:53 - Dec 21 by jruss1

I'm hoping to go in March. Been looking at it for years.

I missed San Mames which I regret. Might have to do Napoli although sounds mildly terrifying.

Model for a football club on 18:58 - Dec 21 with 3148 viewsbermudajack

Model for a football club on 18:49 - Dec 21 by Uxbridge

Watching a game on that terrace is very high on my bucket list. Sadly I think it would ruin domestic footy for me.

I wonder (if it was indeed possible) what kind of response they would get if our trust proposed to the rest of the SCFC Board that they buy a minimum of 51% of the total shares to safeguard the future of the club ?

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Model for a football club on 18:59 - Dec 21 with 3145 viewsDavillin

Please excuse my having offered this before.

In the States, in each sport, the league vets a prospective buyer/owner, and does it in depth with considerable energy. No league approval, no purchase.

And no Vincent Tans.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024