Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beaten by the better side 17:54 - Dec 22 with 6311 viewsParlay

No real complaints. Some outstanding performances from Canas, Davies, Williams and Shelvey and a nice cameo from Lamah who will surely start against Chelsea instead of the severely under par Routledge.

Our first half woes continue though. We didnt register a shot on target. But the last 30 mins was much better in an attacking sense. We fluked the goal but we had our chances with Pablo and Lamah forcing great saves and also should have equalised at the end but Vasquez took his eye off it.

Good game of football. Just frustrating we often come out as losers.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Beaten by the better side on 18:20 - Dec 22 with 1198 viewsperchrockjack

Not comfortably at all. TWO SUPERB STRIKES.
WE have nobody who can do that stuff.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Beaten by the better side on 18:20 - Dec 22 with 1199 viewsNeath_Jack

Beaten by the better side on 18:18 - Dec 22 by Darran

Spot on some people f*cling love it.

Some proper thick c*nts following us, they love wallowing in misery and bullsh1t. we're so baaaaad, f*ck off back to whence you came.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Beaten by the better side on 18:23 - Dec 22 with 1183 viewsParlay

Scoring has nothing to do with it.

They created more, the passed with more accuracy and conviction, they created more chances. Even if it was 0-0 they still would have been the better side,

How they scored is irrelevant.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Beaten by the better side on 18:23 - Dec 22 with 1177 viewsperchrockjack

Nah they re probably upset. I am. Its ruined my day.
The New years fixtures are a worry.

Depends on LAUDRUP if we re gonna stay up 100%

Beaten by the better side on 18:27 - Dec 22 with 1154 viewsDull1Thomas

Aport from Villa (maybe) We are unlikely to gain any points until February ----- unless there is a major influx of quality players in January.
Not negative - just matter of fact.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Beaten by the better side on 18:28 - Dec 22 with 1152 viewsunion_jack

Beaten by the better side on 18:13 - Dec 22 by Neath_Jack

Were they f*ck the better side. That was a 50-50 game, the only difference being two good goals imo. Poor goalkeeping for both goals too.

Personally I thought they edged it but agree that Vorm would have one better.

I said on the other thread about our habit of allowing lightning to strike twice. For Barkley, read Baines! I had a hunch that was going in. What I hadn't spotted was where the free kick was taken in relation to where the foul took place. Why don't refs listen or consult the Lino?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Beaten by the better side on 18:28 - Dec 22 with 1151 viewsgyrjack

Beaten by the better side on 18:02 - Dec 22 by Darran

Well I think we deserved something and I couldn't give a f*ck what anyone else thinks.

I agree with u mate, I thought it was 50/50 but we look a bit toothless in attack
Beaten by the better side on 18:28 - Dec 22 with 1150 viewsGriffting

Beaten by the better side on 18:20 - Dec 22 by Dull1Thomas

As a huge fan of Ben I have to say he has defended better. But again with Routledge ahead of him trying to make things happen, JdG ahead and centre of him going AWOL he was often having to decide which of three players to go up against.

I'm a big fan of Ben also but i thought that was below his average defensively tonight.. saying that Coleman was terrific. And offensively he was good.

As for the game, you can tell they are in form at the moment. Every half chance they had a go. No clear cut chances spring to mind though.
Login to get fewer ads

Beaten by the better side on 18:30 - Dec 22 with 1139 viewsunion_jack

Beaten by the better side on 18:03 - Dec 22 by perchrockjack

We play with this guy we play with a man short. Its simply a disgrace we have to suffer this jerk

May I respectfully suggest you use the " " bubble so that people have some sortof clue what you are referring to. Like I've just done.

Beaten by the better side on 18:31 - Dec 22 with 1133 viewsperchrockjack

Beaten by the better side on 18:27 - Dec 22 by Dull1Thomas

Aport from Villa (maybe) We are unlikely to gain any points until February ----- unless there is a major influx of quality players in January.
Not negative - just matter of fact.

100% on the money. Laudrup doesn't like the window but we re bolloxed if we leave things as they are.
A couple of players with a bit of bite and can finish and well be ok

Beaten by the better side on 18:34 - Dec 22 with 1114 viewsunion_jack

Beaten by the better side on 18:20 - Dec 22 by Neath_Jack

Some proper thick c*nts following us, they love wallowing in misery and bullsh1t. we're so baaaaad, f*ck off back to whence you came.

No that's not what people think.
Some deal with disappointment in different ways. There are those that see the negatives and make criticisms. Then there are those that say 'ok, I'll only see the positives and bury my head in the sand about the negatives".
One thing is for sure is that no supporter of any team anywhere in the world wants to be right when they predict negatives. Absolutely nobody.
Let's discuss not squabble.

Beaten by the better side on 18:35 - Dec 22 with 1106 viewsLeonisGod

Beaten by the better side on 18:20 - Dec 22 by Dull1Thomas

As a huge fan of Ben I have to say he has defended better. But again with Routledge ahead of him trying to make things happen, JdG ahead and centre of him going AWOL he was often having to decide which of three players to go up against.

He was monumental tonight. Saved Ash's arse a few times and offered as much going forward as anyone else. One of our better players, his 1 rash challenge aside.
Beaten by the better side on 18:38 - Dec 22 with 1096 viewsDull1Thomas

Beaten by the better side on 18:35 - Dec 22 by LeonisGod

He was monumental tonight. Saved Ash's arse a few times and offered as much going forward as anyone else. One of our better players, his 1 rash challenge aside.

Don't mind the 'rash challenge' someone had to stop him and the defending players were letting him get in shooting range. Should have been taken out sooner and accept the consequences.
The Everton winger did have Ben in a bit of a pickle and outpaced him a few times.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Beaten by the better side on 18:41 - Dec 22 with 1079 viewsSwanfan1

Beaten by the better side on 18:23 - Dec 22 by perchrockjack

Nah they re probably upset. I am. Its ruined my day.
The New years fixtures are a worry.

Depends on LAUDRUP if we re gonna stay up 100%

Thank feck that Sunderland, Fulham and Crystal palace are shite

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Beaten by the better side on 18:42 - Dec 22 with 1070 viewsDavillin

Despite your language, I agree with your analysis.

But, if you want to see the wallowing go beyond reality, keep watching as we take on the top teams over the next month. It'll be wallowing beyond anything on any Swansea site - EVER!

Then watch the rest of the season as we slowly and steadily recover from that terrible patch and get back into the top 10. Will they figure it out? I doubt it.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Beaten by the better side on 18:44 - Dec 22 with 1022 viewsrockin

I absolutely never forget where we were, I respect it and thank our lucky stars we're there.

But that doesn't mean I don't look to future and recognize areas of weakness. I find it frustrating how close we are to being a genuinely fantastic team, I believe we could easily be in the running for 6-8th in league
Beaten by the better side on 18:46 - Dec 22 with 1003 viewsPhil_S

Beaten by the better side on 18:13 - Dec 22 by Neath_Jack

Were they f*ck the better side. That was a 50-50 game, the only difference being two good goals imo. Poor goalkeeping for both goals too.

This.
Beaten by the better side on 18:48 - Dec 22 with 984 viewsrockin

Beaten by the better side on 18:46 - Dec 22 by Phil_S

This.

No, not at all better team. End of.

We had some good individual performances however.
Beaten by the better side on 18:50 - Dec 22 with 978 viewslumpy73

Beg to differ on the use of the word outstanding to describe the performance of Canas? He sits too deep, offers little offensively and gets outmuscled!

The major problem is the slow build up and a team that any transition from defending to attack quickly enough! We managed three, yes THREE shots on target this afternoon, one was a goal and the other two were in the last five minutes? We are the home team FFS.

Both goals came from mistakes....as do most of the goals teams score against us these days and in routledge and Hernandez, have two wingers who wouldn't get into most championship teams!
Beaten by the better side on 18:50 - Dec 22 with 978 viewslonglostjack

Bang on - unbelievable some of the comments on here

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Beaten by the better side on 18:50 - Dec 22 with 975 viewsunion_jack

Beaten by the better side on 18:42 - Dec 22 by Davillin

Despite your language, I agree with your analysis.

But, if you want to see the wallowing go beyond reality, keep watching as we take on the top teams over the next month. It'll be wallowing beyond anything on any Swansea site - EVER!

Then watch the rest of the season as we slowly and steadily recover from that terrible patch and get back into the top 10. Will they figure it out? I doubt it.

As I said earlier, it's the way some people deal with it. What amazes me is that some take it as if they want us to do badly, lose, get relegated or whatever.
Make no mistake, everyone on here wants exactly the same for Swansea City Football Club (unless of course they follow other teams).

Beaten by the better side on 18:51 - Dec 22 with 969 viewsDarran

We deserved something out of today's game and that's a fact.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Beaten by the better side on 18:53 - Dec 22 with 958 viewslifelong

Beaten by the better side on 18:02 - Dec 22 by Darran

Well I think we deserved something and I couldn't give a f*ck what anyone else thinks.

I totally agree.

We just didn't deserve to lose that game.
Beaten by the better side on 18:53 - Dec 22 with 958 viewsPhil_S

Beaten by the better side on 18:48 - Dec 22 by rockin

No, not at all better team. End of.

We had some good individual performances however.

Nope , even game where we were beaten by two strikes - both of which were helped by poor goalkeeper positioning

I never had you down as the type to listen to Niall Quinn but if you watched properly and compared the stats etc there was nothing between the two teams.
Beaten by the better side on 18:53 - Dec 22 with 954 viewsunion_jack

Beaten by the better side on 18:51 - Dec 22 by Darran

We deserved something out of today's game and that's a fact.

No Daz, that's an opinion. One we all would like to share but some if us can't.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024