Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who has the best league? 10:47 - Jan 7 with 2677 viewsshandyjack

Poll: Expectation for the season

Who has the best league? on 10:48 - Jan 7 with 2170 viewsshandyjack

http://comparetheleagues.com/

proof is in the pudding

Who has the best league? on 10:51 - Jan 7 with 2165 viewsswanseafan

Who has the best league? on 10:48 - Jan 7 by shandyjack

proof is in the pudding

That pudding is outdated:
http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/
[Post edited 7 Jan 2014 11:14]

Vote Green Party

Who has the best league? Spanish! on 10:56 - Jan 7 with 2151 viewsRocio

Visit the Spanish leage and go to do some tourisme with your friends.

Don't miss the oportunity to see Mesi's first match and enjoy from his techniques

Good Afternoon.

, http://blog.livingvalencia.com/en/2014/01/messi-playing-valencia-19th-january/
Who has the best league? on 12:00 - Jan 7 with 2087 viewsJackSomething

Who has the best league? on 10:48 - Jan 7 by shandyjack

proof is in the pudding

As has been pointed out, it's now out of date. It also doesn't address your core arguments that more teams challenge for the title in this country and that lower placed teams beat higher placed teams more often. Be good if you could find someone that has done that research, one of us will definitely have to accept defeat then!

I imagine the PL will win this poll comfortably, just as La Liga would win comfortably on a Spanish football message board, Bundesliga on a German board, etc...

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Who has the best league? on 13:38 - Jan 7 with 2019 viewsAndy1300

because the journo's constantly say that we have the best league, doesn't mean we do.

If that was the case, why do the best players go to Spain etc?

Number 1 team in Wales

Who has the best league? on 13:38 - Jan 7 with 2019 viewsshandyjack

Who has the best league? on 12:00 - Jan 7 by JackSomething

As has been pointed out, it's now out of date. It also doesn't address your core arguments that more teams challenge for the title in this country and that lower placed teams beat higher placed teams more often. Be good if you could find someone that has done that research, one of us will definitely have to accept defeat then!

I imagine the PL will win this poll comfortably, just as La Liga would win comfortably on a Spanish football message board, Bundesliga on a German board, etc...

agreed mate, not sure anyone will have done that much intensive research. I think it makes for a good debate though, each league has it's pros and cons though.

This debate is very much like the debate on foreigners in the PL ruining or improving the English game. Again both have their pros and cons.

I haven't got time but i wonder what the stats are on whcih nation has been best represented in the latter stages of the CL and how diverse the teams are.

Who has the best league? on 13:41 - Jan 7 with 2012 viewsshandyjack

Who has the best league? on 13:38 - Jan 7 by Andy1300

because the journo's constantly say that we have the best league, doesn't mean we do.

I pay no attention to the journos saying it's the best league in the world, i just think it is

Who has the best league? on 13:50 - Jan 7 with 2001 viewsJackSomething

Who has the best league? on 13:38 - Jan 7 by shandyjack

agreed mate, not sure anyone will have done that much intensive research. I think it makes for a good debate though, each league has it's pros and cons though.

This debate is very much like the debate on foreigners in the PL ruining or improving the English game. Again both have their pros and cons.

I haven't got time but i wonder what the stats are on whcih nation has been best represented in the latter stages of the CL and how diverse the teams are.

Indeed, it's been a good debate. Seems very unlike Planet Swans that it hasn't descended into insulting each other and offers to sort it out in person.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Login to get fewer ads

Who has the best league? on 13:57 - Jan 7 with 1991 viewsBanosswan

Who has the best league? on 13:38 - Jan 7 by Andy1300

Sun, playing for the "big two", a lot of South Americans will go there for increased exposure in a culture similar to theirs. Imagine trying to say to an 18 year old Argentinian "you can go to Manchester where it mostly rains and you have to learn the language, or for the same wages you can play for Athletico Madrid in a culture very similar to yours".

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Who has the best league? on 14:01 - Jan 7 with 1985 viewsshandyjack

Who has the best league? on 13:50 - Jan 7 by JackSomething

Indeed, it's been a good debate. Seems very unlike Planet Swans that it hasn't descended into insulting each other and offers to sort it out in person.

does seem strange debating without someone throwing insults. Makes a refreshing change.

Who has the best league? on 14:25 - Jan 7 with 1957 viewsshandyjack

With the champions league being a good guide i found a site that showed a breakdown of countries since competition began

Spain - 22 times a club has been in SF/F/WINNERS - 6 W, 3 F, 13 SF - Barca, Real, Valencia,Deportivo, Villareal

England - 19 times 4 W, 5 F, 10 SF Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Leeds

Italy - 14 times 5 W, 6 F, 3 SF - Inter, AC, Juventus

Germany - 12 times 3 W, 5 F, 4 SF - Munich, Dortmund,Leverkusen

France - 7 times 1 W, 1 F, 5 SF - Monaco,Lyon,PSG,Nantes, Marseille

Portugal - 2 times 1 W, 1 SF - Porto

Holland - 4 times 1W, 1 F, 2 SF - Ajax and Psv

Who has the best league? on 14:27 - Jan 7 with 1952 viewsNeath_Jack

What are you defining as best?

For me it's the Premier League. As someone has eluded to, look how many teams challenge or are expected to challenge for the title every year (note, not actually win it), we're talking the 2 Manchester clubs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool having a good bash this year as well. What other leagues can boast that? And it is quite correct that the number of "smaller" teams that beat the big 5 or 6 has got to be quite high compared to the other leagues, then you have the coverage and the money involved.

No brainer for me.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Who has the best league? on 15:17 - Jan 7 with 1911 viewsAndy1300

Who has the best league? on 14:25 - Jan 7 by shandyjack

With the champions league being a good guide i found a site that showed a breakdown of countries since competition began

Spain - 22 times a club has been in SF/F/WINNERS - 6 W, 3 F, 13 SF - Barca, Real, Valencia,Deportivo, Villareal

England - 19 times 4 W, 5 F, 10 SF Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Leeds

Italy - 14 times 5 W, 6 F, 3 SF - Inter, AC, Juventus

Germany - 12 times 3 W, 5 F, 4 SF - Munich, Dortmund,Leverkusen

France - 7 times 1 W, 1 F, 5 SF - Monaco,Lyon,PSG,Nantes, Marseille

Portugal - 2 times 1 W, 1 SF - Porto

Holland - 4 times 1W, 1 F, 2 SF - Ajax and Psv

so statistically it's Spain.

it's all subjective though really

Number 1 team in Wales

Who has the best league? on 17:50 - Jan 7 with 1848 viewsVetchitBack

Surprised at this thought Bundesliga would be the front-runner by some distance.

Cheap(er) tickets, safe-standing, great atmospheres, lots of homegrown players.

Prem - expensive tickets, terrible atmospheres, very few homegrown players.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Who has the best league? on 19:24 - Jan 7 with 1788 viewsDr_Winston

In terms of strength in depth at the moment it's hard to look past the Premier League. Mostly due to the much fairer distribution of televison money it's possible for even one of the smaller clubs (Iike us) to build a squad capable of at least competing with the giants, even if winning silverware isn't all that common.

The other leagues have some great teams and players in them, but outside the top three or four teams in each division there's not an awful lot to get excited about. When an average Man Utd side can stick five past the second place team in the Bundesliga on their own patch you have to wonder about the overall strength in depth. The ludicrously lop sided financial distribution in Spain is basically turning La Liga into the SPL with better weather, and Serie A is a shadow of its former self, again mainly due to money. The best players in the world used to flock to Italy. Now they generally pitch up in the Premier League.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Who has the best league? on 20:41 - Jan 7 with 1721 viewsYougle

Who has the best league? on 14:27 - Jan 7 by Neath_Jack

What are you defining as best?

For me it's the Premier League. As someone has eluded to, look how many teams challenge or are expected to challenge for the title every year (note, not actually win it), we're talking the 2 Manchester clubs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool having a good bash this year as well. What other leagues can boast that? And it is quite correct that the number of "smaller" teams that beat the big 5 or 6 has got to be quite high compared to the other leagues, then you have the coverage and the money involved.

No brainer for me.

This.

How teams from a certain league fare in European competitions has no relevance whatsoever.
Who has the best league? on 20:46 - Jan 7 with 1709 viewsC_jack

Best for what? Technically La Liga and Bundesliga are miles ahead of the EPL. Depends what you watch football for.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Who has the best league? on 20:48 - Jan 7 with 1708 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

I know it's not the best, and it's understandably bringing up the rear on this poll, but I've always had a 'thing' for Serie A ever since I used to watch it as a kid on Sgorio, then on Channel 4.

Used to have so many great players and so many wonderful clubs, stadiums and passionate fans. They still have the great clubs and passionate fans, but the football isn't as good and corruption has sapped it of legitimacy in most people's minds; It feels like a league not to take seriously, and that's a shame.

Beside's the Premier League it's still the league I like to watch the most; Never really taken to La Liga.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Who has the best league? on 20:52 - Jan 7 with 1699 viewsDr_Winston

Who has the best league? on 20:46 - Jan 7 by C_jack

Best for what? Technically La Liga and Bundesliga are miles ahead of the EPL. Depends what you watch football for.

Technically Barca, Real and Bayern are ahead of the EPL. Are the rest? I've already mentioned United shafting Leverkusen, and that's without going into Arsenal's recent wins at both Dortmund and Munich.

There are a couple of truly great clubs in those divisions, but is there that much of a gap if there is one at all? I'm not sure there is.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Who has the best league? on 20:57 - Jan 7 with 1689 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Who has the best league? on 20:52 - Jan 7 by Dr_Winston

Technically Barca, Real and Bayern are ahead of the EPL. Are the rest? I've already mentioned United shafting Leverkusen, and that's without going into Arsenal's recent wins at both Dortmund and Munich.

There are a couple of truly great clubs in those divisions, but is there that much of a gap if there is one at all? I'm not sure there is.

Vazquez scored goals in La Liga, Shechter scored goals in the Bundesliga...

Enjoying the next level

Who has the best league? on 21:06 - Jan 7 with 1674 viewsDr_Winston

Who has the best league? on 20:57 - Jan 7 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Vazquez scored goals in La Liga, Shechter scored goals in the Bundesliga...

I don't think even Shechter managed goals in the Bundesliga.

Who has the best league? on 21:11 - Jan 7 with 1669 viewsC_jack

I'd say so, by technical I mean their ability on the ball and awareness. We're probably the notable exception but name the teams outside of the top 4 in this league who can generally pass the ball around well? Southampton perhaps? Almost all teams in La Liga have that about them, defensively is where the huge gulf lies.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2014 21:11]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Who has the best league? on 21:12 - Jan 7 with 1665 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Who has the best league? on 21:06 - Jan 7 by Dr_Winston

Scored 3 times in 23 apps according to Wikipedia, don't know how true (or possible....)

Enjoying the next level

Who has the best league? on 21:19 - Jan 7 with 1646 viewsexiledclaseboy

Who has the best league? on 21:06 - Jan 7 by Dr_Winston

Three goals for Kaiserslauten (according to Wiki at least). Could've been cup goals I suppose.

Poll: Tory leader

Who has the best league? on 21:20 - Jan 7 with 1641 viewsDr_Winston

Who has the best league? on 21:19 - Jan 7 by exiledclaseboy

Three goals for Kaiserslauten (according to Wiki at least). Could've been cup goals I suppose.

Thanks for proving me both wrong and right in one sentence.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024