Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh or British 17:41 - Mar 6 with 4956 viewsDarran

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Sam-Warburton-captain-Wales-criticised-T

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Welsh or British on 17:52 - Mar 6 with 2296 viewsacejack3065

I wonder whether Sams thoughts on the European Union disqualify him from Captaining a SPORTS TEAM.

A journalist effectively asked him "So how much do you hate the English then Sam?"

He said that he doesn't as well he might because of his friends, family, colleagues and one million and one other grown up reasons that stop him from hating an entire nation of people.

I don't know why a politican feels the need to chip in either. He calls himself British, and fact alert here, because he is British and he played for the British and Irish Lions. Those are two fairly good reasons. That Plaid MP is still irrelevant, even after this mini backlash he's attempted to stir up. Better luck next time.
Welsh or British on 18:05 - Mar 6 with 2279 viewslifelong

What about being both?
Welsh or British on 18:12 - Mar 6 with 2263 viewsRancid

British born but by the grace of God, Welsh!! Well that's me anyway.
Welsh or British on 18:12 - Mar 6 with 2261 viewsLohengrin

His parents are both from Lancashire and he was born in Cardiff.

British.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Welsh or British on 18:15 - Mar 6 with 2249 viewstreboethjack

Welsh or British on 18:12 - Mar 6 by Rancid

British born but by the grace of God, Welsh!! Well that's me anyway.

I'm British (not by choice) but when anyone asks I'm Welsh. That does not mean I have a problem with England, I just prefer to describe myself as Welsh.

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

Welsh or British on 18:19 - Mar 6 with 2241 viewsGowerjack

Welsh.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Welsh or British on 18:23 - Mar 6 with 2234 viewsfergusferret

we are all fecking mongrels!!!!
Welsh or British on 18:29 - Mar 6 with 2221 viewslifelong

Why are some people somehow reluctant to class themselves as being Welsh even though they were born here and lived most of their lives here? Strange.
Login to get fewer ads

Welsh or British on 18:31 - Mar 6 with 2219 viewsTheArtChappy

Filling a form over the phone today. I said I was Welsh. I was then told the answers were A citizen of the UK. Or British.

The Art Chappy A.K.A Chris Chapman
Poll: should 3pm kick offs be allowed to be brocasted live

Welsh or British on 18:32 - Mar 6 with 2219 viewsDr_Winston

Welsh or British on 18:29 - Mar 6 by lifelong

Why are some people somehow reluctant to class themselves as being Welsh even though they were born here and lived most of their lives here? Strange.

Why are some people somehow reluctant to class themselves as being British even though they were born here and lived most of their lives here? Strange.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Welsh or British on 18:35 - Mar 6 with 2209 viewsDarran

Welsh or British on 18:32 - Mar 6 by Dr_Winston

Why are some people somehow reluctant to class themselves as being British even though they were born here and lived most of their lives here? Strange.

Well most of us are both and the craziest thing of all so that some people argue about it?

Welsh or British on 18:38 - Mar 6 with 2205 viewsDr_Winston

Welsh or British on 18:35 - Mar 6 by Darran

Well most of us are both and the craziest thing of all so that some people argue about it?

Fergus had it right.

The idea that anyone born within the Welsh borders is somehow entirely of Celtic origin is laughable.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Welsh or British on 18:54 - Mar 6 with 2176 viewsexiledclaseboy

Welsh or British on 18:05 - Mar 6 by lifelong

What about being both?

No getting away from it, simply a fact. If you're Welsh, you're also British.

Daft thing is any rugby fans who are up in arms now were probably cheering the Lions to the rafters last summer.

Nationalism is for mentalists.

Poll: Tory leader

Welsh or British on 19:00 - Mar 6 with 2157 viewsexiledclaseboy

Welsh or British on 18:29 - Mar 6 by lifelong

I was completing a job application earlier and the civil service being the civil service, part of this involves completing a diversity monitoring form. There were two questions relevant to this thread firstly, "What nationality are you?" so I put "British". I then got to question "What ethnicity are you?" and because I'd already answered "British" for my nationality the choices were English, Scottish, Welsh, Irish or Other. I toyed with the idea of choosing "Other" out of principle because none of the options are actual proper ethinicities but decided not to be an awkward tw*t and put Welsh instead.

British/Welsh. Same thing really.

Poll: Tory leader

Welsh or British on 19:12 - Mar 6 with 2139 viewsKilkennyjack

People who live, work, and contribute to Wales are Welsh. Wales is our (old) nation, but Britain is not a nation - it is a relatively recent political construct. Although I much prefer Cymru. Younger people are much more positive about being welsh than the war generation. That's my view anyhow.

Beware of the Risen People

Welsh or British on 19:20 - Mar 6 with 2128 viewsDarran

Welsh or British on 19:12 - Mar 6 by Kilkennyjack

People who live, work, and contribute to Wales are Welsh. Wales is our (old) nation, but Britain is not a nation - it is a relatively recent political construct. Although I much prefer Cymru. Younger people are much more positive about being welsh than the war generation. That's my view anyhow.

Oh f*ck take cover.

Welsh or British on 19:26 - Mar 6 with 2113 viewslifelong

Welsh or British on 19:00 - Mar 6 by exiledclaseboy

I was completing a job application earlier and the civil service being the civil service, part of this involves completing a diversity monitoring form. There were two questions relevant to this thread firstly, "What nationality are you?" so I put "British". I then got to question "What ethnicity are you?" and because I'd already answered "British" for my nationality the choices were English, Scottish, Welsh, Irish or Other. I toyed with the idea of choosing "Other" out of principle because none of the options are actual proper ethinicities but decided not to be an awkward tw*t and put Welsh instead.

British/Welsh. Same thing really.

It's all about identity I suppose, and no one can really argue about the Welsh and British aspect.
I can't see supporters of Wales or England in the forthcoming egg match not caring who wins because they are both British.
My mind goes back to the time I was working overseas in my younger days, especially in the States, people would say 'Oh! you're English' I'd say that I was from Wales only to be asked 'where's that?' I'd say it's a part of Great Britain to then be told 'So you're English'....annoying.
Welsh or British on 19:34 - Mar 6 with 2091 viewsDarran

Welsh or British on 19:26 - Mar 6 by lifelong

It's all about identity I suppose, and no one can really argue about the Welsh and British aspect.
I can't see supporters of Wales or England in the forthcoming egg match not caring who wins because they are both British.
My mind goes back to the time I was working overseas in my younger days, especially in the States, people would say 'Oh! you're English' I'd say that I was from Wales only to be asked 'where's that?' I'd say it's a part of Great Britain to then be told 'So you're English'....annoying.

English tw^t.

Welsh or British on 19:36 - Mar 6 with 2089 viewsBYMJacks

Welsh first then British, but if I had to choose would choose welsh.
Welsh or British on 20:19 - Mar 6 with 2053 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Welsh or British on 19:12 - Mar 6 by Kilkennyjack

It was only after the Anglo Saxon invasion that the term Welsh (an old Germanic word for foreigner) was coined. Before the invasion all peoples of the Islands were British. I'm sure there's an epistle of St Paul where he mentions the inhabitants of the isles of Britain.
Welsh is now a term for anyone born on this western peninsula of GB. Funnily enough it's usually the English who don't like the term British, preferring to call themselves English.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Welsh or British on 20:27 - Mar 6 with 2040 viewspansypants

Amazing!!! If you were born in the Britsh Isles and still live and work here chances are you like me are getting f u c k e d over by your boss/ local authority/ government.

If you think your Welsh great, if you think you are British then again great.

A Plaid MP never has got so much publicity in recent years. Well done to all those who have given them more profile. Idiots to a man they are

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

Welsh or British on 20:37 - Mar 6 with 2030 viewsbuilthjack

Welsh first, then British. In sport it's always Welsh, as it should be with anyone who is Welsh.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Welsh or British on 20:39 - Mar 6 with 2029 viewsllangyfelach

Why worry? We're all doomed anyway.

I'll gladly share my tinfoil fall out centre with any chalet burners or any UKIPers...

...if the price is right

One nation under a piece of coloured cloth

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Welsh or British on 20:54 - Mar 6 with 1999 viewsGlyn1

I'm very proud to be both. It's like winning the lottery, compared with those poor babies who found out they were other nationalities.

And I am really, really hoping that the Welsh break English hearts at the rugby this Sunday. I live a couple of miles from Twickenham, and the pubgoers that I meet in Twickenham Church Street are so over-confident that they are speculating aout how many points they need to thrash us by, so that they can overtake the Irish.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Welsh or British on 21:35 - Mar 6 with 1966 viewsLeonisGod

Both. Fact. End of. Next?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024