Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Old Oak Common - trasnport links 15:14 - Mar 10 with 2180 viewsTonto

Just reading this in the Transport planners geek fest - or local transport today magazine as its also known:

"The huge Old oak Common trasnport hub would link HS2 with Crossrail, Great Western main line and heathrow express. the complex would probably link with the North London Line, the West london line and Bakerloo and Central Lines on the Underground"

this suggest that we will have more travel option to the new stadium than just West Acton....

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Old Oak Common - trasnport links on 15:24 - Mar 10 with 2134 viewsTacticalR

In 1963 Dalí announced that Perpignan Station was the 'Centre of the Universe', but I think we can all agree that that title rightly belongs to Old Oak Common Station.

Air hostess clique

Old Oak Common - trasnport links on 15:26 - Mar 10 with 2125 viewsJuzzie

What does it say about Chalk Farm? HS2 is planning to rip the heart out of Camden/Chalk Farm/Primrose Hill.... one of the few non-central/West End parts of London that is commercially very viable to the area, people, borough and London that has a great tourist trade.

I'm thinking of maybe selling my flat in the next year or two and want to do it before values plummet.
Old Oak Common - trasnport links on 15:48 - Mar 10 with 2061 viewsTonto

Old Oak Common - trasnport links on 15:26 - Mar 10 by Juzzie

What does it say about Chalk Farm? HS2 is planning to rip the heart out of Camden/Chalk Farm/Primrose Hill.... one of the few non-central/West End parts of London that is commercially very viable to the area, people, borough and London that has a great tourist trade.

I'm thinking of maybe selling my flat in the next year or two and want to do it before values plummet.

I dont think that will happen - Chalk farm/Camden offers something very fdifferent from what old Oak is - and London is big enough to sustain both. This isn't some out of town shopping centre and a local town centre competing against each other.

Canary Wharf is it's own town now, but other nearby centres havent suffered... in fact they have prospered!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Old Oak Common - trasnport links on 15:58 - Mar 10 with 2040 viewsJuzzie

Old Oak Common - trasnport links on 15:48 - Mar 10 by Tonto

I dont think that will happen - Chalk farm/Camden offers something very fdifferent from what old Oak is - and London is big enough to sustain both. This isn't some out of town shopping centre and a local town centre competing against each other.

Canary Wharf is it's own town now, but other nearby centres havent suffered... in fact they have prospered!

Thanks! I'm not thinking of it from a competeing aspect but the utter disruption it's supposedly going to cause the area.

We've had leaflets coming through that whole streets between Mornington Crescent and Euston will be demolsihed and as the tunnel goes under Primrose Hill (the area rather tha the hill itself) there will be 5 years of building works with hundreds of dumper trucks going back and forth every day causing massive disruptions to traffic and air pollution with dust & dirt etc. There would also be parts of Camden Market needing to be demoished too and there's a big air-vent planned for half-way up Adelaide Road (not far from my flat) which needs to be dug out and built.

Just wondering how plausible this is becuase if it is, property prices could suffer as demand drops as I can't see anyone wanting to buy there for 5 years until after the works are completed.
Old Oak Common - trasnport links on 17:05 - Mar 10 with 1933 viewsJuzzie

Back on topic.... one of the great things about Loftus Road is we are so spoilt for choice with public transport plus a main artery (the A40) juts 1/4 mile away. Even Wembley isn't this flushed for transporation!

We have 5 London Underground stations an on overground station plus a bus terminus catering for many routes all in easy walking distance, I can only think of Arsenal being the next best with just 2 tube stations. Chelsea has one, Fulham has one but a longer walk, Spurs has one but is a good 20-30 minutes walk. Orient, Dagenham and West Ham all have one. Charlton, Crystal Palace, Millwall, Barnet, AFC Wimbledon and Brentford don't have any and rely on train stations.

Old Oak will be great for fans who can come straight in on a train but a lot of fans (probably the majority) will still rely on the Underground so it's vital that network can manage it. North Acton and East Acton are is the closets and both are small stations. One or both will need a big revamp to cater for the new ground and the area in general on normal days.

There's no tube line either near the site so maybe they could build a brand new station between North and East Acton, on the land where the tube line and rail lines cross?
[Post edited 10 Mar 2014 17:51]
Old Oak Common - trasnport links on 18:10 - Mar 10 with 1840 viewsWestActon

Willesden Junction is the closest station with North Acton within walking distance

Only a couple of boozers around North Acton and Willesden Junction stations
Old Oak Common - trasnport links on 18:59 - Mar 10 with 1783 viewssmegma

The Old Oak regeneration is due to be completed in 20 years time . So when the new ground is built the transport links will be pony.
Old Oak Common - trasnport links on 19:53 - Mar 10 with 1729 viewsqprnw10

Willesden junction will be within spitting distance of the ground
Login to get fewer ads

Old Oak Common - trasnport links on 21:01 - Mar 10 with 1651 viewskensalriser

And WJ is already a sizeable station with multiple platforms and rail lines.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Old Oak Common - trasnport links on 21:56 - Mar 10 with 1601 viewsizlingtonhoop

Old Oak Common - trasnport links on 19:53 - Mar 10 by qprnw10

Willesden junction will be within spitting distance of the ground

How will Robert Smith feel about that?
Old Oak Common - trasnport links on 10:14 - Mar 11 with 1461 viewsJuzzie

Forgot about Willesden Junction! lol!.. I still think of it as more an overground station. One tube station still isn't enough though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024