Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alec Stock Day 00:35 - Mar 14 with 1741 viewsHadders

In case any of you missed this, here is why the Alec Stock Day on Saturday matters: http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2013/oct/30/forgotten-story-alec-stock-qpr

And I still think (as I have said before on here) that we should push for a stand in any new stadium to be named after the fella.
Alec Stock Day on 01:00 - Mar 14 with 1725 viewssmegma

QPRs greatest manager ever. No one will ever come close to what he achieved.
Alec Stock Day on 01:55 - Mar 14 with 1716 viewsSonofNorfolt

Alec Stock, Evelyn Lintott, George Goddard, Tony Ingram, Rodney Marsh, Mike Keen, Gordon Jago, Dave Clement, Ian Gillard, Phil Parkes, Stan Bowles, Gerry Francis, Terry Fenwick, Alan McDonald, Simon Barker, Les Ferdinand, Kevin Gallen would be my nominations for impact and length of time spent with us.
There's a few maybes that I've missed and a few to argue over, but that lot would be the basis of greats, Ian Holloway, and that no skill waster Adel Taarabt would also get the nod.
Alec Stock Day on 02:26 - Mar 14 with 1701 viewssmegma

Alec Stock Day on 01:55 - Mar 14 by SonofNorfolt

Alec Stock, Evelyn Lintott, George Goddard, Tony Ingram, Rodney Marsh, Mike Keen, Gordon Jago, Dave Clement, Ian Gillard, Phil Parkes, Stan Bowles, Gerry Francis, Terry Fenwick, Alan McDonald, Simon Barker, Les Ferdinand, Kevin Gallen would be my nominations for impact and length of time spent with us.
There's a few maybes that I've missed and a few to argue over, but that lot would be the basis of greats, Ian Holloway, and that no skill waster Adel Taarabt would also get the nod.

What about Bob Malcolm or Gus Caesar ???
Alec Stock Day on 07:12 - Mar 14 with 1660 viewsFFE

Alec Stock Day on 02:26 - Mar 14 by smegma

I quite like the sound of a 'Rob Hulse Family Stand'.

I'm NOT the Fox

Alec Stock Day on 07:48 - Mar 14 with 1647 viewsQPR_John

Alec Stock Day on 01:00 - Mar 14 by smegma

QPRs greatest manager ever. No one will ever come close to what he achieved.

Agree
Alec Stock Day on 07:49 - Mar 14 with 1646 viewsQPR_John

Alec Stock Day on 02:26 - Mar 14 by smegma

How can you mention Gus Caesar in the same sentence as Bob Malcolm or anybody else for that matter, Gus stands alone.
Alec Stock Day on 07:58 - Mar 14 with 1642 viewsQPR1882

No Sexton ?

I think Mick Leach should be added to that list Mel
[Post edited 14 Mar 2014 8:00]
Alec Stock Day on 08:48 - Mar 14 with 1610 viewsessextaxiboy

As far as people who shaped the club as we know it i think about half of your list really fits the bill.

Dave Sexton , Jim Gregory should be in there IMO

Not rabidly in the pro or anti camp but to put Adel Taraabt in with Alan McDonald is not right IMO .

Actually in terms of shaping the club in more recent years Steve Palmer would be in with a shout for me .
[Post edited 14 Mar 2014 8:51]
Login to get fewer ads

Alec Stock Day on 09:31 - Mar 14 with 1564 viewsenfieldargh

Alec Stock Day on 07:58 - Mar 14 by QPR1882

No Sexton ?

Also add frank sibley and gareth ainsworth.

People who would risk all for this club

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Alec Stock Day on 12:58 - Mar 14 with 1474 viewspaulparker

Alec Stock Day on 09:31 - Mar 14 by enfieldargh

Also add frank sibley and gareth ainsworth.

People who would risk all for this club

no Paul Parker !!!!!
what about Harold winton he really dug deep when it mattered

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Alec Stock Day on 16:21 - Mar 14 with 1416 viewsNov77

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/mar/14/qpr-alec-stock-day-yeovil

sad to hear how lazarus feels about the club. the only player in our history to score a winning goal in a final.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Alec Stock Day on 16:53 - Mar 14 with 1399 viewsdaveB

Alec Stock Day on 16:21 - Mar 14 by Nov77

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/mar/14/qpr-alec-stock-day-yeovil

sad to hear how lazarus feels about the club. the only player in our history to score a winning goal in a final.

hopefully the club do a good job with Lazarus tomorrow and give him some better memories of the club
Alec Stock Day on 17:58 - Mar 14 with 1372 viewsterryb

Alec Stock Day on 07:58 - Mar 14 by QPR1882

No Sexton ?

Mick Leach should definitely be there & I would like to add my younger lookalike (well, my hair used to be the same colour) from Kingsbury - Gary Waddock.

I'm really looking forward to showing my appreciation of Alec & have been warming up my vocal chords this week.

To the top with Alec Stock
do dah, do dah
do dah, do dah day.
Bound to win the league
Bound to win the cup

do dah, do dah day
Alec Stock Day on 18:26 - Mar 14 with 1358 viewsenfieldargh

there are so many

Alan McDonald RIP

There are so many who actually cared for this club, sadly recently there are players who don't give a toss who have stolen a living from QPR.

Gary Micklewhite fringe player who gave his all......Dribril Cisse who didnt give a f*ck. Cisse's wages for 10 weeks was probably the total amount Micklewhite ever received in his time at qpr.

As for Alec Stock I was only 10 when we won the cup. I knew who Alec Stock was but had no idea who Tommy Docherty was and why he left so soon.

I fell in love with Rangers as I now understand Stocks attacking ethos meant we banged in loads of goals.

When he pased away I can only assume that our club was in turmoil(as usual) skint and run by non-qpr folk, hence no acknowledgment from the club.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024