Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Banning E-Cigs? 15:01 - Apr 2 with 5747 viewsSwanzay

I cant see the justification in this, no scientific proof of dangers of smoking them compared to a traditional cigerette, nanny state springs to mind.

No threat of passive smoking, as someone else said, they will be banning water next because it looks like vodka.

[Post edited 2 Apr 2014 15:02]
Banning E-Cigs? on 15:08 - Apr 2 with 2584 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Surely inhaling the various chemicals in the variety of liquids available directly into your lungs cannot be any good for you. Why not just quit altogether.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Banning E-Cigs? on 15:13 - Apr 2 with 2586 viewsDarran

People that smoke them should get a good thumping for looking like a right tw*t.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Banning E-Cigs? on 15:13 - Apr 2 with 2585 viewsJackoBoostardo

chances are you knew of the addictive nature and risks of smoking, and you made a conscious decision to do it anyway.

Here's something that won't be banned.... Nicorette patches and willpower!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Banning E-Cigs? on 15:16 - Apr 2 with 2582 viewsSwanzay

Banning E-Cigs? on 15:08 - Apr 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Surely inhaling the various chemicals in the variety of liquids available directly into your lungs cannot be any good for you. Why not just quit altogether.

In that case are you suggesting to quit alcohol as well?
Banning E-Cigs? on 15:20 - Apr 2 with 2569 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Banning E-Cigs? on 15:16 - Apr 2 by Swanzay

In that case are you suggesting to quit alcohol as well?

I'm suggesting that if you want to quit something then quit. Don't alternate from one product to a slightly less harmful product. Inhaling the various metals in these vapours into your lungs cannot be very healthy.

Banning E-Cigs? on 15:24 - Apr 2 with 2570 viewsC_jack

Doesn't really get rid of the habit/behaviour though, just replaces it

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Banning E-Cigs? on 15:29 - Apr 2 with 2561 viewsDarran

Oh and the ones that wear them around their necks should get a bigger thumping.

Banning E-Cigs? on 15:30 - Apr 2 with 2553 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Banning E-Cigs? on 15:29 - Apr 2 by Darran

The people who use them in places like restaurants irritate me, Darran. Very ignorant and it makes them look silly.

Login to get fewer ads

Banning E-Cigs? on 15:32 - Apr 2 with 2554 viewsBaker

Banning E-Cigs? on 15:13 - Apr 2 by Darran

People that smoke them should get a good thumping for looking like a right tw*t.

Wrong.

I look f*cking great when I'm tooting on mine.

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

Banning E-Cigs? on 15:33 - Apr 2 with 2552 viewsBaker

Banning E-Cigs? on 15:29 - Apr 2 by Darran

Now that I do agree with

Banning E-Cigs? on 15:49 - Apr 2 with 2535 viewsDevz00

Banning E-Cigs? on 15:33 - Apr 2 by Baker

Now that I do agree with

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/health/smoking-ban-undermined-by-people-sucki

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Banning E-Cigs? on 16:14 - Apr 2 with 2502 viewsLord_Bony

"ANTI-SMOKING campaigners have called for a ban on anything that can be sucked.

They claim e-cigarettes are undermining the smoking ban because they expose children and young adults to things being sucked in a public place."

Have nt these campaigners had enough of their own way ffs,we gave up pub smoking and got clean what more do they want.

Smacks of the nanny state gone mad.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Banning E-Cigs? on 16:37 - Apr 2 with 2468 viewsswanjackal

Banning E-Cigs? on 16:14 - Apr 2 by Lord_Bony

They claim e-cigarettes are undermining the smoking ban because they expose children and young adults to things being sucked in a public place."

Have nt these campaigners had enough of their own way ffs,we gave up pub smoking and got clean what more do they want.

Please, for the love of humanity itself, tell me the response in your post is an ironic one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Banning E-Cigs? on 16:43 - Apr 2 with 2463 viewsLord_Bony

Banning E-Cigs? on 16:37 - Apr 2 by swanjackal

Please, for the love of humanity itself, tell me the response in your post is an ironic one.

Err no,not really...

I really don t agree with a ban on anything that can be sucked....

I ll refrain from any sexual innuendos on this occasion...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Banning E-Cigs? on 16:47 - Apr 2 with 2455 viewsswanjackal

Banning E-Cigs? on 16:43 - Apr 2 by Lord_Bony

Err no,not really...

I really don t agree with a ban on anything that can be sucked....

I ll refrain from any sexual innuendos on this occasion...

Without sounding like a pasta chef....check the source.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Banning E-Cigs? on 16:48 - Apr 2 with 2452 viewsDarran

Dear God.

Banning E-Cigs? on 16:50 - Apr 2 with 2446 viewsSwanjack10

Ha ha ha I agree with that

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

Banning E-Cigs? on 16:51 - Apr 2 with 2443 viewsLord_Bony

Is it a belated April Fools prank then?

Oh I see. daily Mash. Hahha. Hahaa

Hah hahaha lol
[Post edited 2 Apr 2014 16:57]

Banning E-Cigs? on 17:01 - Apr 2 with 2426 viewsMrSwerve

Innit. You see people puffing on them randomly whilst walking around work, people using them whilst working in call centres etc. I get a fair few people in my lectures smoking them.

It's like "look at me I can smoke indoors oooooo"….surely they can wait the normal amount of time between cigs. It seems to me like people are now smoking more with these things (albeit healthier stuff), but a puff of smoke in my face is annoying whether its tobacco or some vapour/steam...

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Banning E-Cigs? on 17:25 - Apr 2 with 2395 viewsmaes

These things wind me up, I got loads of people proudly telling me lately they've wit smoking, then I see them sucking on one of these contraptions. People smoke because they are chemically addicted to nicotine, not because of habit, it is simple drug addiction.

Replacing one way of getting your drug with another way is not quitting the f ucking drug nicotine, they are still chemically addicted. It's like a heroin addict snorting heroin rather than smoke it. The only way to quit is to remove there chemical dependency and you don't do that with patches, gum, inhalers or whatever. Will power for 5 days is all it takes.
Banning E-Cigs? on 17:30 - Apr 2 with 2389 viewsBaker

Banning E-Cigs? on 17:25 - Apr 2 by maes

These things wind me up, I got loads of people proudly telling me lately they've wit smoking, then I see them sucking on one of these contraptions. People smoke because they are chemically addicted to nicotine, not because of habit, it is simple drug addiction.

Replacing one way of getting your drug with another way is not quitting the f ucking drug nicotine, they are still chemically addicted. It's like a heroin addict snorting heroin rather than smoke it. The only way to quit is to remove there chemical dependency and you don't do that with patches, gum, inhalers or whatever. Will power for 5 days is all it takes.

Aye aye, Mary Whitehouse has had a sherry!

Banning E-Cigs? on 17:45 - Apr 2 with 2365 viewsswanjackal

Banning E-Cigs? on 17:01 - Apr 2 by MrSwerve

Innit. You see people puffing on them randomly whilst walking around work, people using them whilst working in call centres etc. I get a fair few people in my lectures smoking them.

It's like "look at me I can smoke indoors oooooo"….surely they can wait the normal amount of time between cigs. It seems to me like people are now smoking more with these things (albeit healthier stuff), but a puff of smoke in my face is annoying whether its tobacco or some vapour/steam...

Are you ketelaphobic?

Banning E-Cigs? on 17:48 - Apr 2 with 2355 viewsFree_Willy

They aren't carcinogenic to the user or secondarily. How are they allowed to ban it ?
Nicotene is addictive but is pretty much harmless (on par with caffine), supresses your appetite and stimulates the brain.

Probably one of the most healthy things you can do.
Banning E-Cigs? on 17:54 - Apr 2 with 2344 viewsswanjackal

I know I commented on this earlier, but I do agree with your sentiments. I would never deprive a man of his livelihood....

Banning E-Cigs? on 18:18 - Apr 2 with 2306 viewsJackfath

I think they should be classed the same as tobacco smoke and people should be banned from using them indoors.

My main reason for this is I find it offensive having to witness someone putting a cylindrical object inhaling and exhaling "smoke". The very concept is crazy and it should not be something people should have to witness therefore normalising it.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024