Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
play Offs Here We Come 16:54 - Apr 18 with 8284 viewsdale1968

Disgraceful performance........

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

play Offs Here We Come on 09:57 - Apr 19 with 1135 viewsnordenblue

play Offs Here We Come on 09:52 - Apr 19 by ParkinsGimp

With the fear ( not that I am actually fearful of keyboard spunkers) of being called "Not a true dale fan"
I feel that if we do fall into the playoff we have no chance of getting up. Its always the form teams in playoffs that make it not the ones who drop down .
How many crunch matches has Keith Hill won?
Me and my mates can only think of one , and that was penalty shoot out with Darlo!!!
It took us around 4 attempts to gain the points for promotion last time? Is it something in the psyche??

Thats a ridiculous comment even by your standards,would you not class Leeds in the cup under your category?Theres plenty of times weve come up against our nearest opposition in "crunch matches" and blown them away while going for promotion
play Offs Here We Come on 10:00 - Apr 19 with 1119 viewsTVOS1907

play Offs Here We Come on 09:57 - Apr 19 by nordenblue

Thats a ridiculous comment even by your standards,would you not class Leeds in the cup under your category?Theres plenty of times weve come up against our nearest opposition in "crunch matches" and blown them away while going for promotion

Spot on. Rotherham 4-0 springs to mind, as does Oxford last month, given the teams' respective positions and points' totals at kick-off.

For every ying, there is always a yang.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

play Offs Here We Come on 10:02 - Apr 19 with 1107 viewsParkinsGimp

play Offs Here We Come on 09:57 - Apr 19 by nordenblue

No I wouldnt class Leeds as a crunch match at all
WTF we were underdogs and played with freedom.
play Offs Here We Come on 10:05 - Apr 19 with 1100 viewsParkinsGimp

play Offs Here We Come on 10:00 - Apr 19 by TVOS1907

Spot on. Rotherham 4-0 springs to mind, as does Oxford last month, given the teams' respective positions and points' totals at kick-off.

For every ying, there is always a yang.

Fair comment on Oxford mate, but I class Rotherham not as a crunch match more same as Leeds , we didnt expect too much from them. Oxford was a good win but again was it a crunch match. Iam talking about fixtures that you can truely pinpoint as "must win" yesterday was certainly one of those.
Perhaps our philosophy should be every game is must win...but I suspect the players would be mentally worn out, they are only human , lets hope they bounce back Monday.
play Offs Here We Come on 10:57 - Apr 19 with 1040 viewsnordenblue

play Offs Here We Come on 10:05 - Apr 19 by ParkinsGimp

Fair comment on Oxford mate, but I class Rotherham not as a crunch match more same as Leeds , we didnt expect too much from them. Oxford was a good win but again was it a crunch match. Iam talking about fixtures that you can truely pinpoint as "must win" yesterday was certainly one of those.
Perhaps our philosophy should be every game is must win...but I suspect the players would be mentally worn out, they are only human , lets hope they bounce back Monday.

Rotherham game was against a serious promotion rival so yes id say its a must win and certainly a dont lose game?The same applied to most our recent games theyve all had a sense of that while trying to keep a distance between us and 4th spot during every game.The defeat for Rotherham killed their season and it would appear Oxford have suffered a similar fate this time round.Yesterdays game is no more must win than our next 3 to be honest now its out of the way
play Offs Here We Come on 11:21 - Apr 19 with 991 viewsTVOS1907

play Offs Here We Come on 10:05 - Apr 19 by ParkinsGimp

It depends what you class as a 'crunch match' and a 'must win match'.

The Rotherham win effectively ensured they wouldn't finish in the top three, which was another team out of the equation at the time.

Like I said, for every game you can cite where we haven't done what people think we should, there will always be another to counter it.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

play Offs Here We Come on 13:31 - Apr 19 with 854 viewsolympicdale

play Offs Here We Come on 19:36 - Apr 18 by TalkingSutty

It was mentioned at the time when he made the comments. Anyway, i still think we will do it and the key is the Cheltenham home game and the fact Chesterfield play Fleetwood on the last day of the season.

I said the same myself, that the Cheltenham game is massive, but it is a priority that we see a performance against Bristol to take into that game. Cheltenham have nothing to play for except pride, get at them from the off, get the first goal and we should be okay.

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024