Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PL Clubs Financial Breakdown 12:27 - May 2 with 5100 viewspierre91

....excellent club-by-club breakdown in today's Guardian by the superb David Conn. First class reading.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/01/premier-league-accounts-club-by-
PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 13:09 - May 2 with 3872 viewsDevz00

I saw this yesterday. It is, indeed, an interesting read. It really shows how far behind we are the big clubs in terms of match day income. This is why we need to expand the ground!

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 13:18 - May 2 with 3843 viewsIAN05

PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 13:09 - May 2 by Devz00

I saw this yesterday. It is, indeed, an interesting read. It really shows how far behind we are the big clubs in terms of match day income. This is why we need to expand the ground!

Its interesting to see that we perform strongly on match day income compared with other clubs with similar or slightly larger grounds (guessing down to fact that our tickets are expensive).

There is definitely a good argument for expanding the ground to make us more competitive based on those figures. Commercial activity is where the biggest area for improvement is though. You'd expect us to continually improve that figure whilst we are in the PL and our 'brand' continues to developm
PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 14:03 - May 2 with 3763 viewsUxbridge

Swiss Ramble did a better job a couple of weeks ago on Twitter. Excellent summary.

We're a rare ocean of sanity in this league. Plenty of scope to improve of course (especially in terms of commercial income which is half even of the likes of WBA) but shouldn't forget the positives.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 14:05 - May 2 with 3745 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

So last season our wage bill jumped 40% and was 73% of our total turnover. I wonder what that figure is this season now that we allegedly have players such as Bony on 'big' contracts.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 14:31 - May 2 with 3701 viewspierre91

PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 14:05 - May 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

So last season our wage bill jumped 40% and was 73% of our total turnover. I wonder what that figure is this season now that we allegedly have players such as Bony on 'big' contracts.

...I think fortunately DYS the new PL broadcasting deal kicks in with an upturn of some £30-40m annualy, but I agree that we still need to be prudent.
The biggest areas for expansion are both in Commercial and Match day income (Commercial especially). Time for some shrewd hiring of top class commercial employees and a huge development of that sector, allied with gradual ground expansion over the next 3/4 years.

All of this, of course, shows the the VITAL necessity of retaining PL status. Hola, we're in for an interesting ride at least.
PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 14:36 - May 2 with 3679 viewsIAN05

We seem to have done a better job of clearing some off our wage bill in the last 12 months as well, so that will have helped . Lots of players out on loan etc. Probably not enough to cover the cost of a £12 million strikers wage but all helps nonetheless
PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 14:41 - May 2 with 3663 viewswaynekerr55

PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 14:31 - May 2 by pierre91

...I think fortunately DYS the new PL broadcasting deal kicks in with an upturn of some £30-40m annualy, but I agree that we still need to be prudent.
The biggest areas for expansion are both in Commercial and Match day income (Commercial especially). Time for some shrewd hiring of top class commercial employees and a huge development of that sector, allied with gradual ground expansion over the next 3/4 years.

All of this, of course, shows the the VITAL necessity of retaining PL status. Hola, we're in for an interesting ride at least.

Haven't we expanded our commercial team recently?

I know that Leigh Dineen has expertise through his business, but what attributes/selection criteria were used to employ the new members of the team?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 14:46 - May 2 with 3635 viewsDr_Winston

It's fairly damning indictment of how poorly our commercial department has been run considering we've been a Premier League club for three years already.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 14:48 - May 2 with 3628 viewswaynekerr55

PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 14:46 - May 2 by Dr_Winston

It's fairly damning indictment of how poorly our commercial department has been run considering we've been a Premier League club for three years already.

This thread is going to get to at least 5 PAGES. I'm also sure you will face much RANCOUR doc!

PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 14:58 - May 2 with 3588 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

It is one of my questions I intend on asking at the next forum.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 14:58 - May 2 with 3587 viewsUxbridge

Well, two years on that set of accounts. But aye, agree ... for me, it's the big area for improvement. Did like the justification above of someone's position because they did a bit of that in their own company. Super stuff that.

PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 14:59 - May 2 with 3581 viewsUxbridge

PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 14:48 - May 2 by waynekerr55

This thread is going to get to at least 5 PAGES. I'm also sure you will face much RANCOUR doc!

Why? He's right. This topic has been done to death and I can't see many disagreeing.

PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 14:59 - May 2 with 3581 viewsItchySphincter

Fair chance wages will have increased again but may well see a drop in percentage of turnover due to the increased TV revenue.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 14:59 - May 2 with 3581 viewsIAN05

Guessing this is why Leigh Dineen is now working full time at the club.Now that he is a paid employee though we have to ensure that he is accountable and comparable to other clubs of similar stature.
PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 15:03 - May 2 with 3575 viewsLeonisGod

Not really. In that article we're on a par or higher than all the other new clubs in the division, some of which only generated £2m in retail and commercial. We're even on a par with Everton. I know the service can be a bit amateur (quirky) at times, but it's not being reflected on the balance sheet.
PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 15:09 - May 2 with 3555 viewsUxbridge

PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 15:03 - May 2 by LeonisGod

Not really. In that article we're on a par or higher than all the other new clubs in the division, some of which only generated £2m in retail and commercial. We're even on a par with Everton. I know the service can be a bit amateur (quirky) at times, but it's not being reflected on the balance sheet.

No we're not. We're on a par with Reading, below Southampton, and nobody else within earshot. And of those two clubs above, we had a season headstart on them. it's really not very good.

Very helpful barchart at
[Post edited 2 May 2014 15:18]

PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 15:11 - May 2 with 3550 viewsIAN05

PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 15:03 - May 2 by LeonisGod

I think its because many clubs list sponsorship and advertising separately. We seem to group it all under 'commercial'. I wonder what the situation is with catering and advertising (besides perimeter advertising) and where that money goes ? Is it to SSMC ?
PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 15:14 - May 2 with 3541 viewswaynekerr55

PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 14:59 - May 2 by Uxbridge

Why? He's right. This topic has been done to death and I can't see many disagreeing.

My bad. I thought any criticism of "nepotism" in appointments is generally viewed as NOT DONE on here
[Post edited 2 May 2014 15:14]

PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 15:15 - May 2 with 3536 viewsUxbridge

PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 15:14 - May 2 by waynekerr55

My bad. I thought any criticism of "nepotism" in appointments is generally viewed as NOT DONE on here
[Post edited 2 May 2014 15:14]

You clearly have not read any of my posts in the past . Ever.

PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 15:17 - May 2 with 3526 viewswaynekerr55

PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 15:15 - May 2 by Uxbridge

You clearly have not read any of my posts in the past . Ever.

I have indeed

Would I also be correct in saying that it's the kit lady's daughter (not playing resource utility manager or whatever blue sky thinking title she's been given) has that job? Fair play if she has industry experience and qualifications... you know the rest

PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 15:20 - May 2 with 3518 viewsUxbridge

PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 15:17 - May 2 by waynekerr55

I have indeed

Would I also be correct in saying that it's the kit lady's daughter (not playing resource utility manager or whatever blue sky thinking title she's been given) has that job? Fair play if she has industry experience and qualifications... you know the rest

Not sure I'm afraid.

PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 15:23 - May 2 with 3500 viewsUxbridge

PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 14:59 - May 2 by IAN05

Guessing this is why Leigh Dineen is now working full time at the club.Now that he is a paid employee though we have to ensure that he is accountable and comparable to other clubs of similar stature.

And that there is the only real judge. The good thing is that we'll find out eventually anyway,.

PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 19:11 - May 2 with 3319 viewspierre91

I think the case is this. Because of our early advancement into the PL and our dodgy financial history the Board have been necessarily prudent in buying into the "speculate to accumulate" principle.

I applaud this, but we are now at a crossroads (of sorts) where we are going to be required to commit ever increasing sums to both maintain and advance our progress.

It's a balancing job, I know, but thus far we can't say that they haven't coped. There are many instances of where they could have done better, but my opinion is that we have to trust them to continue that good(but limited) work.

Meanwhile, hopefully, we get to enjoy the pride and progression of OUR club. SCFC.
PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 19:57 - May 2 with 3269 viewsWatchman

PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 19:11 - May 2 by pierre91

I think the case is this. Because of our early advancement into the PL and our dodgy financial history the Board have been necessarily prudent in buying into the "speculate to accumulate" principle.

I applaud this, but we are now at a crossroads (of sorts) where we are going to be required to commit ever increasing sums to both maintain and advance our progress.

It's a balancing job, I know, but thus far we can't say that they haven't coped. There are many instances of where they could have done better, but my opinion is that we have to trust them to continue that good(but limited) work.

Meanwhile, hopefully, we get to enjoy the pride and progression of OUR club. SCFC.

lovely words Pierre and spot on, it shows how far we have come but the Board and The Trust should not take everything inhouse lets have a really open and vibrant debate amongst ourselves about where do we go next ? where do we see ourselves?
I have longed for the club to be in the position we are now so let us be bold and strong and forget everyone else and say this is our club this is what we want to do

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 21:13 - May 2 with 3149 viewsDr_Winston

PL Clubs Financial Breakdown on 14:59 - May 2 by IAN05

So basically the guy who's been running a sh*t commercial department for the last several years is now doing it full time.

Awesome.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024