Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Halal meat 12:13 - May 9 with 15594 viewsFlashberryjack

All this talk of halal meat not being labeled as such.
What are your thoughts on the subject, personally I think it's f*cking disgusting, the thought of some religious guy chanting to Allah before slitting the throat of an animal I will be eating doesn't seem right to me.
Bloody hell this country is being dragged back into the dark ages, why do we not just ban this inhuman ritualistic slaughtering like many other European countries have done ? Companies like Pizza Express and the like are a f*cking disgrace.
At least those companies have come out and admitted that the meat they serve is halal, which gives me the choice of never ever eating there, unfortunately many other companies choose not to disclose the fact that their meat is halal, taking away my right of choice.
Anyway it's just my opinion, what' yours ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Halal meat on 20:14 - May 9 with 1204 viewsexiledclaseboy

Halal meat on 20:11 - May 9 by Lohengrin

A moral paucity? To whom are you referring there, the posters on here or the wider objecting public? That argument clearly wouldn't apply to a devout Hindu or a sincere advocate for animal rights in particular.

In point of fact anybody with a sense of decency, really. You couldn't stomach that footage on Sunday. I don't need to spell out the argument in minute detail. You get it.

You are deliberately and vindictively missing my point. I've no doubt that there are some out there that genuinely object to halal and other slaughtering methods for animal welfare reasons. Most of them will probably be vegetarians and I respect that view of course. These are not the people I am referring to and to use your own words back at you: "you get that".

Poll: Tory leader

Halal meat on 20:20 - May 9 with 1191 viewsLohengrin

Halal meat on 20:14 - May 9 by exiledclaseboy

You are deliberately and vindictively missing my point. I've no doubt that there are some out there that genuinely object to halal and other slaughtering methods for animal welfare reasons. Most of them will probably be vegetarians and I respect that view of course. These are not the people I am referring to and to use your own words back at you: "you get that".

I disagree. You've moonwalked yourself into a corner and now you're stuck positing a view you don't share. If this was a Methodist practice I think we both know what the tenor of your contribution this evening would have been, but it's not and now you're marooned doing a second-rate impersonation of Simon Hughes.

Ya' daft bugger!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Halal meat on 20:22 - May 9 with 1183 viewsdgt73

Halal meat on 20:20 - May 9 by Lohengrin

I disagree. You've moonwalked yourself into a corner and now you're stuck positing a view you don't share. If this was a Methodist practice I think we both know what the tenor of your contribution this evening would have been, but it's not and now you're marooned doing a second-rate impersonation of Simon Hughes.

Ya' daft bugger!

Spot on.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Halal meat on 20:26 - May 9 with 1175 viewsexiledclaseboy

Halal meat on 20:20 - May 9 by Lohengrin

Ya' daft bugger!

Absolute nonsense. My sole point on this thread was to highlight those dressing up their objection to this muslim practice in the cloak of animal welfare. I've made that point and stick 100% with it. I've already said (and have said in the past) that I wouldn't eat meat that wasn't stunned before slaughter. There's no contradiction from me here but I did know that as soon as you turned up I'd end up on the same old roundabout we've been on many times previously.

If we all had to slaughter our own meat most of us would be vegetarian within days.

Halal meat on 20:27 - May 9 with 1173 viewsDarran

Halal meat on 20:11 - May 9 by Lohengrin

A moral paucity? To whom are you referring there, the posters on here or the wider objecting public? That argument clearly wouldn't apply to a devout Hindu or a sincere advocate for animal rights in particular.

In point of fact anybody with a sense of decency, really. You couldn't stomach that footage on Sunday. I don't need to spell out the argument in minute detail. You get it.

Says the man that would like to see his hounds ripping a live fox apart.

You couldn't make it up mun.

I can't resist a tap in.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Halal meat on 20:31 - May 9 with 1131 viewsLohengrin

Halal meat on 20:26 - May 9 by exiledclaseboy

Absolute nonsense. My sole point on this thread was to highlight those dressing up their objection to this muslim practice in the cloak of animal welfare. I've made that point and stick 100% with it. I've already said (and have said in the past) that I wouldn't eat meat that wasn't stunned before slaughter. There's no contradiction from me here but I did know that as soon as you turned up I'd end up on the same old roundabout we've been on many times previously.

If we all had to slaughter our own meat most of us would be vegetarian within days.

You've just been for a look in the mirror to see what sort of a man you've become over the space of three or four posts. I can almost hear the sound of your Mrs and the dog packing from here.

Halal meat on 20:32 - May 9 with 1127 viewsLohengrin

Halal meat on 20:27 - May 9 by Darran

Says the man that would like to see his hounds ripping a live fox apart.

You couldn't make it up mun.

I can't resist a tap in.

I'm the sanest man on here.

Halal meat on 20:33 - May 9 with 1123 viewsexiledclaseboy

Halal meat on 20:31 - May 9 by Lohengrin

You've just been for a look in the mirror to see what sort of a man you've become over the space of three or four posts. I can almost hear the sound of your Mrs and the dog packing from here.

Strangely enough, my mrs and I had a conversation about this the other day. She started off from the simple-minded position of moral outrage but soon thought more deeply about it with my encouragement.

Login to get fewer ads

Halal meat on 20:33 - May 9 with 1120 viewsperchrockjack

generalisation? my arse.
Arabs countries have admitted to wanting to wipe Jews and the state of ISRAEL- A JEWISH STATE, from the map.

Just a stunning read

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Halal meat on 20:35 - May 9 with 1116 viewsexiledclaseboy

Halal meat on 20:33 - May 9 by perchrockjack

generalisation? my arse.
Arabs countries have admitted to wanting to wipe Jews and the state of ISRAEL- A JEWISH STATE, from the map.

Just a stunning read

Anyone else wondering what on earth this has to do with the subject at hand?

Halal meat on 20:36 - May 9 with 1113 viewsDarran

Halal meat on 20:35 - May 9 by exiledclaseboy

Yes I was just about to ask the same thing.

Halal meat on 20:38 - May 9 with 1108 viewsLohengrin

Halal meat on 20:33 - May 9 by exiledclaseboy

Strangely enough, my mrs and I had a conversation about this the other day. She started off from the simple-minded position of moral outrage but soon thought more deeply about it with my encouragement.

You mean you've brain-washed the poor mare? You middle-ranking civil servants are like a slightly more sinister version of The Moonies. What have you told her to make her change her mind, for crying out loud? Show her the film you deleted, ask her what she thinks of that the next time you're pushing a trolley around Safeways.

Halal meat on 20:38 - May 9 with 1105 viewsdgt73

generalisation? my arse.

Just a stunning read

And

Halal meat on 20:39 - May 9 with 1102 viewsexiledclaseboy

Halal meat on 20:38 - May 9 by Lohengrin

You mean you've brain-washed the poor mare? You middle-ranking civil servants are like a slightly more sinister version of The Moonies. What have you told her to make her change her mind, for crying out loud? Show her the film you deleted, ask her what she thinks of that the next time you're pushing a trolley around Safeways.

Middle ranking?

I've never been so insulted.

Halal meat on 20:39 - May 9 with 1100 viewsLohengrin

Halal meat on 20:35 - May 9 by exiledclaseboy

It made my spill my tea. If that was his objective then it's mission accomplished with bells on!

Halal meat on 20:41 - May 9 with 1086 viewsLohengrin

Halal meat on 20:39 - May 9 by exiledclaseboy

Middle ranking?

I've never been so insulted.

That's ma' boy!

Halal meat on 20:42 - May 9 with 1079 viewsperchrockjack

Don't play daft Andrew mun

Halal meat subject

kosher exactly the same.

One arab one jewish

Both diametrically opposed since the advent of time.

Simple to me.

and..... what sort of post is that..

hmph

Halal meat on 20:43 - May 9 with 1076 viewsexiledclaseboy

Halal meat on 20:39 - May 9 by Lohengrin

It made my spill my tea. If that was his objective then it's mission accomplished with bells on!

I'm awaiting the explanation with baited breath.

If this goes the way I suspect it will this thread will have at least five more pages in it but it will have nothing to do with the original subject.

Halal meat on 20:45 - May 9 with 1071 viewsexiledclaseboy

Halal meat on 20:42 - May 9 by perchrockjack

Don't play daft Andrew mun

Halal meat subject

kosher exactly the same.

One arab one jewish

Both diametrically opposed since the advent of time.

Simple to me.

and..... what sort of post is that..

hmph

Kosher is arguably worse as stunning is expressly forbidden. It isn't with halal.

I ask again what does this have to do with jews and arabs hating each other almost since time began? I'm not playing daft, I genuinely have no idea of the relevance.

Halal meat on 20:47 - May 9 with 1062 viewsperchrockjack

Sorry Andrew I have to go in now so cannot carry on .

Im sure you can work it out after you e read the Daily MAIL tomorrow.
Only two more bitching days left this season.

Halal meat on 20:48 - May 9 with 1060 viewsexiledclaseboy

Halal meat on 20:47 - May 9 by perchrockjack

Sorry Andrew I have to go in now so cannot carry on .

Im sure you can work it out after you e read the Daily MAIL tomorrow.
Only two more bitching days left this season.

Oh, there's a shame. Perhaps you'd have thought of your point by the time you come back.

Halal meat on 20:50 - May 9 with 1053 viewsDarran

Halal meat on 20:48 - May 9 by exiledclaseboy

Oh, there's a shame. Perhaps you'd have thought of your point by the time you come back.

Don't be bullied by him Andrew.

Halal meat on 21:00 - May 9 with 1031 viewsChono

generalisation? my arse.

Just a stunning read

Look out. Yosser Hughes has had a Lambrini
Halal meat on 21:15 - May 9 with 1009 viewsdgt73

Halal meat on 21:00 - May 9 by Chono

Look out. Yosser Hughes has had a Lambrini

Gizza us a job
[Post edited 9 May 2014 21:16]

Halal meat on 21:24 - May 9 with 999 viewsChono

Halal meat on 21:15 - May 9 by dgt73

Gizza us a job
[Post edited 9 May 2014 21:16]