Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Halal meat 12:13 - May 9 with 15592 viewsFlashberryjack

All this talk of halal meat not being labeled as such.
What are your thoughts on the subject, personally I think it's f*cking disgusting, the thought of some religious guy chanting to Allah before slitting the throat of an animal I will be eating doesn't seem right to me.
Bloody hell this country is being dragged back into the dark ages, why do we not just ban this inhuman ritualistic slaughtering like many other European countries have done ? Companies like Pizza Express and the like are a f*cking disgrace.
At least those companies have come out and admitted that the meat they serve is halal, which gives me the choice of never ever eating there, unfortunately many other companies choose not to disclose the fact that their meat is halal, taking away my right of choice.
Anyway it's just my opinion, what' yours ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Halal meat on 22:08 - May 9 with 1493 viewsmart6

Halal meat on 19:35 - May 9 by dgt73

If its a fuss over nothing, then they can stop the blessing and prayers as i don't want any alien tradition forced upon me to satisfy another culture.

Just had supper with our local vicar and do you know what he did, said a blessing and a prayer before the meal.!!!!
Halal meat on 22:11 - May 9 with 1483 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Halal meat on 22:08 - May 9 by mart6

Just had supper with our local vicar and do you know what he did, said a blessing and a prayer before the meal.!!!!

Most Trinitarian Christian Priests do Mart

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Halal meat on 23:28 - May 9 with 1443 viewsmax936

I couldn't give a tuppeny fuk how they slaughter them as long as the meat is cooked right and served proper like, happy days, been over Aberavon tonite to Cinnamon Kitcken fuking awesome, how the chicken I ate was killed I don't know, but it was awesome, best Chicken Jalfrezi I've had fair do's.

The Cobra to wash it all down was nice too, I'd like to add, that to my knowledge no animals were killed or injured in the produce of the Cobra I drank.
[Post edited 9 May 2014 23:28]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Halal meat on 23:37 - May 9 with 1431 viewsreddythered

Halal meat on 20:33 - May 9 by perchrockjack

generalisation? my arse.
Arabs countries have admitted to wanting to wipe Jews and the state of ISRAEL- A JEWISH STATE, from the map.

Just a stunning read

Like Egypt, huh?

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Halal meat on 23:38 - May 9 with 1430 viewsBanosswan

Halal meat on 23:28 - May 9 by max936

I couldn't give a tuppeny fuk how they slaughter them as long as the meat is cooked right and served proper like, happy days, been over Aberavon tonite to Cinnamon Kitcken fuking awesome, how the chicken I ate was killed I don't know, but it was awesome, best Chicken Jalfrezi I've had fair do's.

The Cobra to wash it all down was nice too, I'd like to add, that to my knowledge no animals were killed or injured in the produce of the Cobra I drank.
[Post edited 9 May 2014 23:28]

Awesome Indian.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Halal meat on 23:48 - May 9 with 1425 viewsmax936

Halal meat on 23:38 - May 9 by Banosswan

Awesome Indian.

Only the 2nd time I've been there and its been A1 both times

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Halal meat on 23:51 - May 9 with 1423 viewsBanosswan

Halal meat on 23:48 - May 9 by max936

Only the 2nd time I've been there and its been A1 both times

It's my local, eating in is spot on every time.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Halal meat on 02:08 - May 10 with 1402 viewsDyfnant

Halal meat on 12:29 - May 9 by DDCH

Personally I don't want anything I touch to be blessed by sky fairies of any denomination. I respect your right to believe in what ever you want but I don't want it to involve me in any way shape or form. This includes vicars offering those free wafers and wine, i'll take your snacks but no magic spells thanks.

Worst part about the nonsense is it'll be adding to the cost of the meat, unless they're volunteers or the like

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Login to get fewer ads

Halal meat on 09:29 - May 10 with 1376 viewsepaul

http://britishinfluence.org/press-release-farage-caught-halal-meat/?utm_content=

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Halal meat on 10:06 - May 10 with 1351 viewsCottsy

Unless you're a vegan or only eat meat that has died of old age then you can't really claim any moral outrage at halal slaughter seeing as the only discernible difference between halal and non halal slaughter is someone talking to a sky pixie which doesn't affect the animal's welfare (unless it was a strict catholic chicken.)

And if you are upset by the thought of an animal having its throat slit and blood drained from it then you had better stop eating pork because that is how they dispatch pigs and I'm pretty sure that they aren't halal.

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

Halal meat on 10:19 - May 10 with 1347 viewsLohengrin

Halal meat on 22:08 - May 9 by mart6

He was probably trying to intercede on your behalf, Mart.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Halal meat on 10:21 - May 10 with 1344 viewsLohengrin

Halal meat on 09:29 - May 10 by epaul

http://britishinfluence.org/press-release-farage-caught-halal-meat/?utm_content=

" please contact British Influence Media Director Paola Buonadonna" * snigger*

I love the internet, me. There's hours of fun to be had.

Halal meat on 10:34 - May 10 with 1325 viewsJackoBoostardo

Halal meat on 10:06 - May 10 by Cottsy

Unless you're a vegan or only eat meat that has died of old age then you can't really claim any moral outrage at halal slaughter seeing as the only discernible difference between halal and non halal slaughter is someone talking to a sky pixie which doesn't affect the animal's welfare (unless it was a strict catholic chicken.)

And if you are upset by the thought of an animal having its throat slit and blood drained from it then you had better stop eating pork because that is how they dispatch pigs and I'm pretty sure that they aren't halal.

Another comment without the facts to back it up.

Try reading this

http://www.rspca.org.uk/allaboutanimals/farm/slaughter/factfile

http://www.rspca.org.uk/allaboutanimals/farm/slaughter/religiousslaughter

At no time should the needs of a religion be put above the welfare of a living creature. The term of having the neck slit is called 'sticking', and the animal - within the UK, should be slaughtered respectfully.

Whilst the traditional slaughterhouses have to comply with animal welfare laws, slaughter on religious grounds is currently exempt and there is no legal obligation for 'HALAL' houses to abide by animal welfare laws.

I hate religion.
[Post edited 10 May 2014 10:38]

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Halal meat on 10:36 - May 10 with 1321 viewsLohengrin

Halal meat on 10:34 - May 10 by JackoBoostardo

Try reading this

At no time should the needs of a religion be put above the welfare of a living creature. The term of having the neck slit is called 'sticking', and the animal - within the UK, should be slaughtered respectfully.

Whilst the traditional slaughterhouses have to comply with animal welfare laws, slaughter on religious grounds is currently exempt and there is no legal obligation for 'HALAL' houses to abide by animal welfare laws.

I hate religion.

It will do you no good posting that up. You're a Nartzeee now, I'm afraid.

Halal meat on 10:43 - May 10 with 1311 viewsJackoBoostardo

Halal meat on 10:36 - May 10 by Lohengrin

It will do you no good posting that up. You're a Nartzeee now, I'm afraid.

Yeah - there will be idiots here to claim that. And I've prepared my response in advance..

Fuk em!

Anyone who repels people's freedom of speech by instilling a fear of being labelled a bigot or racist, are indeed themselves guilty, only they also become hypocrites too.

And clearly there is nothing racist in my comments. I am however anti-religion. I also have knowledge of this area due to my previous experiences.
[Post edited 10 May 2014 10:47]

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Halal meat on 10:47 - May 10 with 1297 viewsLohengrin

Halal meat on 10:43 - May 10 by JackoBoostardo

Yeah - there will be idiots here to claim that. And I've prepared my response in advance..

Fuk em!

Anyone who repels people's freedom of speech by instilling a fear of being labelled a bigot or racist, are indeed themselves guilty, only they also become hypocrites too.

And clearly there is nothing racist in my comments. I am however anti-religion. I also have knowledge of this area due to my previous experiences.

That's another one awake!

Halal meat on 10:52 - May 10 with 1282 viewsUxbridge

Fuk em!

I'm not anti religion, but I'm against religion causing unnecessary suffering to animals.

Pretty sad that arguing against halal and indeed kosher practices means you're a brown shirt.

Anyway, bacon buttie for brekkie. Doubt the produce of Swansea market is Halal compliant, the fascist bastards.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Halal meat on 11:02 - May 10 with 1276 viewscontroversial_jack

What a great post!
Halal meat on 11:04 - May 10 with 1269 viewscontroversial_jack

Fuk em!

The bigotry and racism is in their heads not yours
Halal meat on 11:06 - May 10 with 1260 viewsCottsy

Halal meat on 10:34 - May 10 by JackoBoostardo

Try reading this

I hate religion.

So where do any of those facts contradict what I wrote?

Virtually all halal slaughterhouses stun the animals before slaughter http://multimedia.food.gov.uk/multimedia/pdfs/board/fsa120508.pdf so apart from a bit of a prayer what is the difference?

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

Halal meat on 11:19 - May 10 with 1254 viewsJackoBoostardo

Halal meat on 10:52 - May 10 by Uxbridge

I'm not anti religion, but I'm against religion causing unnecessary suffering to animals.

Pretty sad that arguing against halal and indeed kosher practices means you're a brown shirt.

Anyway, bacon buttie for brekkie. Doubt the produce of Swansea market is Halal compliant, the fascist bastards.

Indeed. It's become ridiculous that people have become fearful of speaking about such topics - especially if they have concerns of disagreements due to the fear of being labelled a racist.

There are legitimate concerns regarding issues that our constitution protects, yet the so-called protectors of these standards regularly abuse this themselves. To give an example - a 'religious' protest by Muslims against the war in Iraq clearly had demonstrators who were instigating hate and violence against non-muslims. Yet this protest is protected and allowed to go ahead, and no arrests are made. Yet an EDL march is organised through a town and everyone loses their minds.

I'm not sticking up for the EDL - They clearly have issues. However, this double-standards of so-called free speech is again pandering the a minority so not to cause offence. If we are to protect the rights of people from minorities who wish to spout their hate spieled bullshit to others in a public forum, then shouldn't this be the case for everyone? Clearly not.

My issue is religion based and identity related. We've have ways of dealing with things, such as the slaughter of animals, that has worked well for our society for many many years. The welfare of animals has been considered and the process refined to ensure minimal stress to the animal who is to be killed.

Yet the welfare laws (and laws in general) we have followed no longer applies when a minority religion insists things are done their way? Why exactly is our country so liberal in this respect? I am proud we live in a tolerant country, yet surely this must have limits.

Other things to consider and based on unnecessary suffering - is the ritual circumcision of infants, and where there is no medical need to do so. Exempt from being child abuse as it is a religious ritual? ! Did the infant have a choice in the matter? I am proud we live in a tolerant country where freedoms of speech is protected and we have fought (and died) for the rights of others. However, and regrettably, this appears to have come at the cost of our own way of life through ignorance and indifference.

Halal meat on 11:36 - May 10 with 1233 viewsFree_Willy

Question, why do curry houses sell alcohol, when unlike halal meat it is strictly forbidden by the prophet ?
Halal meat on 11:40 - May 10 with 1228 viewsJackoBoostardo

Halal meat on 11:06 - May 10 by Cottsy

So where do any of those facts contradict what I wrote?

Virtually all halal slaughterhouses stun the animals before slaughter http://multimedia.food.gov.uk/multimedia/pdfs/board/fsa120508.pdf so apart from a bit of a prayer what is the difference?

Erm... your claim that you can't really have any moral outrage maybe?!

The standard process used in Britain has been refined to consider the welfare of animals being slaughtered, and works very well. There are regular inspections made to slaughter houses by qualified trained inspectors and the RSPCA. This is a very important principal we hold in Britain - a respect for the livestock that will become our food.

Halal slaughter outside of the UK has no such principals. And there are no legal obligations for them to follow our laws in the UK due to their religious beliefs?! There will be a number of Halal butchers in the UK that do stun animals prior to slaughter - however the fact that there is no law in place to enforce this is worrying - as it's wrong that a religious minority are able to be exempt from laws that apply to everyone else.

Perhaps you should try reading the posts.

I've visited numerous places in the world, and many in 'Muslim states'. I can categorically tell you right now that animal welfare in these countries is not a concern. This attitude is allowed to continue in the UK as a result of fear and indifference in tackling or broaching the subject. Your case that it is simply a prayer when the animal is slaughtered is inaccurate where the Halal process is conducted, and when the animal has not been rendered unconscious or stunned. I've even witnessed rituals where several cows are lined up in a busy street and people with no experience of slaughtering animals take slices of each cows throats in order to let it drain out. The blood is then collected to simply use as a dye. All the while, the oxes appear conscious and react to stimulus for some time after - such as move their eyes in the direction of people walking around it, as well as attempts to get back up on its feet. Now I'm not saying this is happening in the UK, and rightly so, but this is an example of why we need to maintain a strict policy in respect of slaughter.

These rituals and practices are well documented and to argue that it's fine because of another belief is in effect turning a blind eye. I'm not an animal welfare biggy - however I do object to unnecessary suffering in the name of religion. Are we gradually losing our sense of civility?

Halal meat on 11:41 - May 10 with 1226 viewscontroversial_jack

Halal meat on 10:06 - May 10 by Cottsy

pigs get stunned before slaughter
Halal meat on 11:43 - May 10 with 1539 viewsJackoBoostardo

Halal meat on 11:36 - May 10 by Free_Willy

Question, why do curry houses sell alcohol, when unlike halal meat it is strictly forbidden by the prophet ?

It's choice of the person working there to handle it - but not consume it.

Depends how strict a Muslim they are too.

However, there is a lot of confusion between Indians and Pakistani - as it is Pakistanis who are more likely to be Muslim. The majority in India are Hindu.
[Post edited 10 May 2014 11:45]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024