Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 12th man rally cry 15:19 - May 10 with 2599 viewsbosh67

Having watched our fans do a magnificent job getting behind the boys at Wigan it is time for us, the 12th man at QPR, to really do our stuff on Monday night. Remember Oldham, remember the last ten minutes against Liverpool a few years ago, we need that Dunkirk spirit, that Dunpicard spirit, that Dunhill spirit. Oil your throats ladies and gentlemen, we will need to sing our hearts out like never before come the kick off whistle.

The louder we sing the bigger our players will become and Wigan will become more intimidated and ultimately demoralised. Every player in those hoops will be relying on us, as well as those on the bench and even behind the scenes. We need to redefine the word ‘fortress’ and will our team over the line. We need to show that QPR are part of the fabric of top flight football.

We must not be afraid of Wigan. They say the pressure is on us. It isn’t. They blew their advantage and now they have to come to Loftus Road, the home of football and by far the greatest team the world has ever seen (allegedly). The pressure is on Wigan, they are there for the taking. We must attack and have a right go in a way that means actually having a right go.

We must cheer, clap, scream, yell and show our emotions. We mustn’t be afraid come next weekend to go to our places of faith, into the confessional and openly admit that we even cheered the work of Karl Henry. That is how much commitment and emotion many of us need to show.

We must remind everyone who has put us down over the years that we will not go quietly into the night, even if that line was from the movie Independence Day, we, every man, woman, child and pet will stand for our right to be at the Wembley party. And even if we go behind or concede a goal we must show our players that we believe. That we believe we are good enough, that we can stand up and be counted and that possibly, just possibly, somebody other than Charlie Austin may just stand a chance of scoring a goal. We must believe that we will be victorious and hopefully, without extra time or penalties.

Fellow fans. The team will be counting on us and we must not let them down. We can take this season, ground out, underachieved at times, and make it glorious, so that we, the great QPR fans, can see our team progress to the promised land, once again and look forward to spending more money to watch less games, on a Sunday afternoon.

Pray that our players keep their heads Monday night, pray that Charlie can’t miss, pray that Clint watches his elbows, pray that Joey keeps it shut, pray that Harry remembers that left footed players can play down the left and vice versa. But, overall, believe, believe that we can do it, we will do it and that Bobby Zamora can come on and do the business, if needed, and not be slightly less effective than Jude the Cat.

We are QPR! may the spirit of Stanley, Rodney, Sir Les, Furs and even Ollie be with us.

Come on... Urrrsss!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The 12th man rally cry on 17:10 - May 10 with 2505 viewsQPR1882

The 12th man rally cry on 19:48 - May 10 with 2402 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Couldn't agree more with Bosh.

It's nearly time, start getting yourselves in the right psychological state to give your all for your team.
The 12th man rally cry on 21:04 - May 10 with 2320 viewssevenhoop

The 12th man rally cry on 21:30 - May 10 with 2279 viewsDeano19766

Very difficult to do when you care little for the Premiershite, and thus very little whether we go up or not
The 12th man rally cry on 22:08 - May 10 with 2212 views18StoneOfHoop

Stirring stuff,bosh67.

But Independence Day ?
You do know you're blanking and dissing one of Wales greatest writers?

In at 11 on this chart,should be top 3 to my mind :
http://www.rankopedia.com/Best-Drunk-or-Drug-Addled-Writer/Step1/19612/.htm

A brilliant easy to understand,relatable to poem that can be empathised with by (middle-aged) children anywhere who have elderly parents nearing the end:

DO NOT GO GENTLE INTO THAT GOOD NIGHT

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on that sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Dylan Thomas (1914-1953)
The night before he died,not long after his 39th birthday,he had been drinking all day in bed at the Chelsea Hotel and then went out to drink 18 straight whiskies at The White Horse (this one in Greenwich Village.) His beloved teacher father David (1876-1952) that he addresses so movingly in the poem above,had died the year before from pneumonia.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/wales/posts/In-memorium-Dylan-Thomas
[Post edited 11 May 2014 9:42]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

May the old age rage and rave on Monday night on 22:24 - May 10 with 2184 viewsShotKneesHoop

Afraid to admit here that, over 50 years ago, I was told to attend Walpole Grammar School in Ealing, where the choice of football clubs to support was :

1. Support Brentford (big club, played in stripes, had some seats in the ground, and some grass left in January, the big Billy Bollox of Middlesex)

2. Support QPR (small club, played in hoops, just terracing or mud, mud on the pitch from October onwards, and the ultimate underdog of Middlesex)

3. Or any other club which was not possible because of tube fares, strange how some things never change.

This school is where I learned that Dylan Thomas (the elder brother of Dave) and Bob (the middle brother of Dylan) wrote the real words and not the misquoted ones on this thread : -

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light, or the buggering up of the knees."

Rave the old age, rage, rage, rage and and "rave on John Donne, thy holy fool" on Monday night.

May the crowd be with you.
[Post edited 10 May 2014 22:46]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

The 12th man rally cry on 22:36 - May 10 with 2150 viewsbarbicanranger

Got all emotional reading that Bosh
The 12th man rally cry on 22:44 - May 10 with 2141 viewsTW_R

The 12th man rally cry on 21:30 - May 10 by Deano19766

Very difficult to do when you care little for the Premiershite, and thus very little whether we go up or not

What's the point in supporting a team and watching them play if you don't want them to win and progress? If you can't get excited about the next game (and possibly 2) then why bother at all? Seems very bizarre to me.
Login to get fewer ads

The 12th man rally cry on 22:56 - May 10 with 2113 viewsShotKneesHoop

The 12th man rally cry on 22:44 - May 10 by TW_R

What's the point in supporting a team and watching them play if you don't want them to win and progress? If you can't get excited about the next game (and possibly 2) then why bother at all? Seems very bizarre to me.

Because he's not going gentle into that phoooking good night. Obvious, innit?

TWR - You have the makings of the first four lines of an award winning poem.

"What's the point in supporting a team and watching them play in that good night

If you don't want them to rage and rage and fight and fight?

If you can't get excited about the next game (and possibly 2) then why bother at all?

Especially when with our history, in the end ........ we'll win Porthcawl!"

Send it in to the Times Literary Supplement with your name as TWR Thomas, and you'll get the next Booker prize.
[Post edited 10 May 2014 22:57]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

The 12th man rally cry on 23:12 - May 10 with 2093 viewsTearsOfaClown

The 12th man rally cry on 22:56 - May 10 by ShotKneesHoop

Because he's not going gentle into that phoooking good night. Obvious, innit?

TWR - You have the makings of the first four lines of an award winning poem.

"What's the point in supporting a team and watching them play in that good night

If you don't want them to rage and rage and fight and fight?

If you can't get excited about the next game (and possibly 2) then why bother at all?

Especially when with our history, in the end ........ we'll win Porthcawl!"

Send it in to the Times Literary Supplement with your name as TWR Thomas, and you'll get the next Booker prize.
[Post edited 10 May 2014 22:57]

that must have been a nice drop of splosh you had with your roadkill tonight. You gone all poetical.
The 12th man rally cry on 23:44 - May 10 with 2057 viewsTaxidermist

Unlike SKH no Grandma School for moi! We had to share books at something called a Secondary Modern School.

A shrill whistle blows, play has began
For the play-off game between Rs and Wigan.
Arry's picked his team, or was it his nose.
In front of the tv I start to doze.

Suddenly I am awoken by an almighty roar
Rangers have scored and then there is more.
We win the match. We're off to Wembley
And Arry's forgotten that pain in his knee.

Rs fans go crazy. Just keep on singing
But then the alarm bells start ringing.
Do we really want to play at Manure or Stoke?
Don't take me seriously, its only a joke.

Come on u Rs. Realise a dream.
Play with passion, play as a team.
I was at the League Cup Final in '67
For me it was like being in 'seventh heaven'.
The 12th man rally cry on 15:20 - May 11 with 1911 viewsDylanP

Top post Bosh.

The loader the fans are, the more pumped up the fans are, the more intense the fans are, the stronger the team will be and the harder the players will fight. Sing up lads. Sing up!

ARGHSHUIEJPSNHFOJIGNGJDHSHSKKAAAAAAHAAHAJKPPHAAHAHAHAHH!!!

COME ON U SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPAAAHHHHHHHHH ……………...

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

The 12th man rally cry on 15:39 - May 11 with 1885 viewsHantsR

Great OP..sounds it has a familiar root?

In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility:
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,

For there is none of you so mean and base,
That hath not noble lustre in your eyes.
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'
The 12th man rally cry on 00:45 - May 13 with 1750 viewsbosh67

Well done fellow fans. You were awesome.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The 12th man rally cry on 07:16 - May 13 with 1549 viewssevenhoop

Bosh, you got your wish. I honestly believe that the fans were the difference last night. They elicited performances from the likes of Dunne (best for months, after months of utter shite), Kranjcar (played like we know he should be able to play) and Zamora. I do not believe that we would have seen those performances without the crowd.

I've been going nearly 50 years and that atmosphere was up there with the best ever since all seating, quite incredible
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024