Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Out 21:57 - Jun 19 with 6826 viewscyril

Tbh I'm a bit sad England are out, bit bored of all this hate England poop, we need to concentrate on our own shit

The devil is in the detail

Out on 00:30 - Jun 20 with 1430 viewsStarsky

Out on 23:54 - Jun 19 by RuDeMan1970

Spot-on, Slugster664. I've had this notion for years that many Welsh folk appear to guage their 'Welshness' by how anti-English they can be. I sometimes wonder whether 'they protesteth too much'. With regard to England's performances in the WC so far, I can only assume that European football is generally not as strong as I thought. Year in year out England breeze the qualifiers but, once the finals arrive, it's the same outcome...average at best.

Post of the phucking day.
The bitter lemon Welsh traits make me cringe.

It's just the internet, init.

Out on 00:43 - Jun 20 with 1416 viewsChief

you got to laugh though haven't you?

come on boys? you must have at the slight temptation to giggle?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Out on 00:46 - Jun 20 with 1410 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I really hope Wales qualify for 2018. I really do. It would be great for both of my national teams to be there.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Out on 00:48 - Jun 20 with 1409 viewsChief

Scotland and Wales Yorkie Bar?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Out on 00:49 - Jun 20 with 1410 viewsStarsky

Out on 00:43 - Jun 20 by Chief

you got to laugh though haven't you?

come on boys? you must have at the slight temptation to giggle?

Not really, I was gutted and fuming how shyte the England World Cup campaign turned out.

Out on 00:56 - Jun 20 with 1405 viewsRuDeMan1970

Out on 00:30 - Jun 20 by Starsky

Post of the phucking day.
The bitter lemon Welsh traits make me cringe.

Cheers Starsky We appear to be in the minority (along with the likes of Cockett Jack) which I find sad. All I can say is thank feck some of these guys weren't around 100 years ago / 70 years ago when the citizens of OUR COUNTRY (GB) needed to stand-up and be counted.
I'll now wait for the brickbats (the British empire was also a disgrace, blah, blah) to arrive....

..."who will guard the guards..?"

Out on 01:04 - Jun 20 with 1399 viewsStarsky

Out on 00:56 - Jun 20 by RuDeMan1970

Cheers Starsky We appear to be in the minority (along with the likes of Cockett Jack) which I find sad. All I can say is thank feck some of these guys weren't around 100 years ago / 70 years ago when the citizens of OUR COUNTRY (GB) needed to stand-up and be counted.
I'll now wait for the brickbats (the British empire was also a disgrace, blah, blah) to arrive....

I'm proud to be Welsh, proud to be British, I would support ANY of the home countries in the World Cup.

Out on 01:10 - Jun 20 with 1387 viewsRuDeMan1970

Out on 01:04 - Jun 20 by Starsky

I'm proud to be Welsh, proud to be British, I would support ANY of the home countries in the World Cup.

Same here mate. Waiting for the day when Wales, England, Scotland, Norn Iron and the Republic (for ancestral reasons) all qualify for the WC / Euros. Very unlikely but what a fantastic event THAT would be

..."who will guard the guards..?"

Login to get fewer ads

Out on 01:19 - Jun 20 with 1379 viewsSwansNZ

Out on 00:56 - Jun 20 by RuDeMan1970

This is where people get confused. This team was representing england not UK/GB. Just because we are part of the UK, does not mean by default we support them, same as being in Europe does not mean we should necessarily support Germany or Netherlands etc.

In the Olympics, we were GB and I was supporting all our athletes, regardless of where they came from. In the upcoming Commonwealth games, I will not be supporting athletes competing for england, even if they are the same ones. Likewise, I support whoever plays for the Swans, regardless of where they come from — surely that is not hard to understand? If people want to support engalnd, then that is their right, likewise, it’s mine not to support them.

btw, OUR COUNTRY (in my case at least), is Wales, not GB nor england

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Out on 01:48 - Jun 20 with 1353 viewsStarsky

Out on 01:19 - Jun 20 by SwansNZ

This is where people get confused. This team was representing england not UK/GB. Just because we are part of the UK, does not mean by default we support them, same as being in Europe does not mean we should necessarily support Germany or Netherlands etc.

In the Olympics, we were GB and I was supporting all our athletes, regardless of where they came from. In the upcoming Commonwealth games, I will not be supporting athletes competing for england, even if they are the same ones. Likewise, I support whoever plays for the Swans, regardless of where they come from — surely that is not hard to understand? If people want to support engalnd, then that is their right, likewise, it’s mine not to support them.

Says you lecturing which country I should support... In New Zealand

Out on 01:56 - Jun 20 with 1350 viewsSpratty

Out on 01:19 - Jun 20 by SwansNZ

Of course it is your decision who (if anyone) to support, although as others I would take an interest in / support any of the home nations and agree it would be great if we could all qualify next time.

But the attitude any one but England just makes us look sad and makes England seem so important to us that we want them to fail because? we cannot cope with them winning. Does that not make us seem smaller rather than bigger.

All this did not arise from England followers saying we should all follow England, but from certain non England followers roundly and repeatedly slagging off England. That is potentially pretty offensive to our English players, manager and fans.

As far as the PL : The Premier League is an English professional league for men's association football clubs. At the top of the English football league system, it is the country's primary football competition. Contested by 20 clubs, it operates on a system of promotion and relegation with the Football League. Besides English clubs, some of the Welsh clubs can also qualify to play
Out on 01:59 - Jun 20 with 1348 viewsSwansNZ

Out on 01:48 - Jun 20 by Starsky

Says you lecturing which country I should support... In New Zealand

Where am I lecturing you on who you should support?

Out on 02:11 - Jun 20 with 1346 viewsSwansNZ

Out on 01:56 - Jun 20 by Spratty

Of course it is your decision who (if anyone) to support, although as others I would take an interest in / support any of the home nations and agree it would be great if we could all qualify next time.

But the attitude any one but England just makes us look sad and makes England seem so important to us that we want them to fail because? we cannot cope with them winning. Does that not make us seem smaller rather than bigger.

All this did not arise from England followers saying we should all follow England, but from certain non England followers roundly and repeatedly slagging off England. That is potentially pretty offensive to our English players, manager and fans.

As far as the PL : The Premier League is an English professional league for men's association football clubs. At the top of the English football league system, it is the country's primary football competition. Contested by 20 clubs, it operates on a system of promotion and relegation with the Football League. Besides English clubs, some of the Welsh clubs can also qualify to play

Everyone is entitled to support who they like of course, I don’t disagree. Yes it would be great if Wales could qualify, and I’d also like the Republic of Ireland to qualify. I’m not really an anyone but England (or not just), I used to enjoy watching Scotland fail at world cups, but they like Wales fail much earlier now.

I’m not repeatedly slagging england, and even if I were, I doubt our players would care.

Yep, I know what the PL is, but it has nothing to do with me supporting the england national team. Similarly, I like watching the Warriors in the NRL down here, but I don’t like the Australian rugby league team — I actually prefer the england RL team.

Anyway, love to discuss further, but I have a plane to catch, off to Las Vegas.

Out on 03:26 - Jun 20 with 1338 viewsJBT95

I was watching the interviews with Hart, Gerrard and Cahill on BBC, can't find the link now!

Anyway Cahill said he and other members of the squad had played worse and got a result for England. YEAH CAUSE YOU WERE PLAYING SAN MARINO!!!

This is why England fail, because of the crap qualification process they don't get tested, and in friendlies they get beat at Wembley by Chile, Germany etc, and play currently average sides like Denmark who they scrape a 1-0 win over. They need to test themselves against the big international sides more often if they wanna get anywhere, and put a limit to non UK born/bred players in the PL.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2014 3:32]
Out on 07:45 - Jun 20 with 1269 viewsepaul

Proud to be Welsh, proud to be Celtic, proud to........

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Out on 08:13 - Jun 20 with 1164 viewsowainglyndwr

I do not care if England win or lose don't see why we Celtic people should support them.
My family are Welsh, Scottish and southern Irish.
For our English fans it is thier country and should expect them to support it
But we don't have too
Out on 08:24 - Jun 20 with 1151 viewsllangyfelach

Proud to not give a f*ck either way if I'm honest

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Out on 11:16 - Jun 20 with 1083 viewsJackoBoostardo

Out on 23:54 - Jun 19 by RuDeMan1970

Spot-on, Slugster664. I've had this notion for years that many Welsh folk appear to guage their 'Welshness' by how anti-English they can be. I sometimes wonder whether 'they protesteth too much'. With regard to England's performances in the WC so far, I can only assume that European football is generally not as strong as I thought. Year in year out England breeze the qualifiers but, once the finals arrive, it's the same outcome...average at best.

What a hypocritical bunch of bollox!

It's fine to take the p]ss out of another Welsh team (Cardiff) but you can't take the p]ss out of a national competitors team (England?).

There's some sh]t spouted here aye.

i'm happy England are out. FFS - all the media attention and focus is bad enough on the run up to the WC and during it - imagine them winning! It's a national team that is built on chest beating arrogance and expectation - removing all qualities of it being a competition. And why should everyone be expected to support England when there's more than one country taking part!

I recognise Wales aren't good enough to get into the competition - I recognise they're sh]t and this isn't an issue for me. England fans need to get a similar perspectve, and stop bleating about how everything else is to blame for their failures!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Out on 11:43 - Jun 20 with 1057 viewsC_jack

It's hardly over yet. They need Italy to win 2 games, not a huge stretch of the imagination.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Out on 11:53 - Jun 20 with 1048 viewsJackoBoostardo

Out on 11:43 - Jun 20 by C_jack

It's hardly over yet. They need Italy to win 2 games, not a huge stretch of the imagination.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Out on 11:57 - Jun 20 with 1043 viewsC_jack

Out on 11:53 - Jun 20 by JackoBoostardo

12% chance apparently. So odds of around 8/1, I've won two bets with longer odds than that in a week.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Out on 12:01 - Jun 20 with 1038 viewsSwansNZ

Out on 11:43 - Jun 20 by C_jack

And they need to win 1, which is

Out on 12:05 - Jun 20 with 1035 viewsJackoBoostardo

Out on 11:57 - Jun 20 by C_jack

12% chance apparently. So odds of around 8/1, I've won two bets with longer odds than that in a week.

I have too... but NEVER with England.

Out on 12:20 - Jun 20 with 1018 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Out on 11:16 - Jun 20 by JackoBoostardo

What a hypocritical bunch of bollox!

It's fine to take the p]ss out of another Welsh team (Cardiff) but you can't take the p]ss out of a national competitors team (England?).

There's some sh]t spouted here aye.

i'm happy England are out. FFS - all the media attention and focus is bad enough on the run up to the WC and during it - imagine them winning! It's a national team that is built on chest beating arrogance and expectation - removing all qualities of it being a competition. And why should everyone be expected to support England when there's more than one country taking part!

I recognise Wales aren't good enough to get into the competition - I recognise they're sh]t and this isn't an issue for me. England fans need to get a similar perspectve, and stop bleating about how everything else is to blame for their failures!

Top post. The arrogance of england followers and the media is beyond belief. I had a little stroll round aber lastnite, now this town and the county its in, has a large number of imigrants from over the border. A certain large lady? Sat outside a public house spoke to me as i walked past , we re one down she said in a south east accent, the arrogance that everybody follows england is unbelievable. I was lost for f2@cking words.
Out on 12:23 - Jun 20 with 1017 viewsLeonisGod

Out on 12:01 - Jun 20 by SwansNZ

And they need to win 1, which is

Lol. Yep, that could be the stumbling block. And Italy will be taking their foot off the pedal if they beat CR next. I'm finding it quite exciting tbh.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024