Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Davies to Spurs?.. 15:47 - Jun 29 with 35147 viewsAtleticoAbertawe

No idea how reliable this report is but apparently Spurs have "in principle" agreed terms with Ben Davies.

http://www.sportinastorm.com/mobile//Premier-League/Tottenham-Hotspur/Spurs-agre
[Post edited 29 Jun 2014 15:54]

"If you bring in £80, then don’t spend £100. That’s not hard, is it?" - Huw Jenkins 2013

Davies to Spurs?.. on 20:56 - Jul 1 with 2497 viewswaynekerr55

Davies to Spurs?.. on 20:51 - Jul 1 by SwansNZ

"two clubs negotiating a discounted group buy"

Levy... "Hey Huw, how about about a buy two, get one free deal?"

F*cking idiots.

New TV deal yet they want to deal in old money.

I agree that 12 - 15m may seal a deal for Ben but £15m for Bony

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Davies to Spurs?.. on 20:59 - Jul 1 with 2490 viewstomdickharry

Is this link the script for a new comedy TV show. Bony is worth £4)M alone.
Davies to Spurs?.. on 21:04 - Jul 1 with 2470 viewsDarran

Davies to Spurs?.. on 20:59 - Jul 1 by tomdickharry

Is this link the script for a new comedy TV show. Bony is worth £4)M alone.

He's worth more than that mun.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Davies to Spurs?.. on 21:09 - Jul 1 with 2438 viewsSwanjaxs

It'll be interesting to see if Ben reports for pre season assessment/conditioning tomorrow? Would imagine he'll be there

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Davies to Spurs?.. on 21:19 - Jul 1 with 2392 viewsjojaca

The stories are absolute rubbish, spoke with Ben earlier near the knoll. He is very happy at the swans and is living the dream.

Even when you know, you never know?

Davies to Spurs?.. on 21:53 - Jul 1 with 2295 viewsDrizzy

Davies to Spurs?.. on 19:18 - Jul 1 by SwansNZ

If we could replace for a fraction of that cost, it begs the question why would Spurs not get this cheaper but equally good replacement?

I think 12-15 Million would be a very good price to sell at, but not less than that.

Because we'd likely be taking on a risk by purchasing a player who hasn't played in the Premier League.

And the fact that Spurs are a bit stupid and have made some horrific deals in the transfer market recently. £10m+ for Ben Davies would be another awful use of resources.

What about £11.5m then?

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Davies to Spurs?.. on 21:56 - Jul 1 with 2280 viewsDrizzy

I wonder what'll happen next season if Ben continues his form from the end of last season and Neil becomes first choice?

No worries though we didn't need to sell for £10m anyway.

Davies to Spurs?.. on 21:56 - Jul 1 with 2276 viewsSwansNZ

Davies to Spurs?.. on 21:53 - Jul 1 by Drizzy

Because we'd likely be taking on a risk by purchasing a player who hasn't played in the Premier League.

And the fact that Spurs are a bit stupid and have made some horrific deals in the transfer market recently. £10m+ for Ben Davies would be another awful use of resources.

What about £11.5m then?

Yep, risk, so might not pay off, so very well might not be as good as Ben.

If Spurs are that stupid in the transfer market, maybe they'll pay 20 millin for ben.

No, 11.5 is less than 12 - I'd have thought even you would have known that.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Login to get fewer ads

Davies to Spurs?.. on 21:58 - Jul 1 with 2262 viewsDrizzy

Davies to Spurs?.. on 21:56 - Jul 1 by SwansNZ

Yep, risk, so might not pay off, so very well might not be as good as Ben.

If Spurs are that stupid in the transfer market, maybe they'll pay 20 millin for ben.

No, 11.5 is less than 12 - I'd have thought even you would have known that.

Based on last season Ben isn't even the best left-back on this team. We wouldn't need to replace him as Taylor does that. We may need to purchase extra cover.

They're stupid but not that stupid. I imagine they'd scoff at the thought of paying more than £6m for him and do what you said they would. Go out and get a better player on the continent for a fraction of the price.

Davies to Spurs?.. on 21:59 - Jul 1 with 2257 viewsSwansNZ

Davies to Spurs?.. on 21:56 - Jul 1 by Drizzy

I wonder what'll happen next season if Ben continues his form from the end of last season and Neil becomes first choice?

No worries though we didn't need to sell for £10m anyway.

So let’s sell every payer that has played well the season just gone, just in case they play crap next season and their value decreases - that is your logic, right?

Davies to Spurs?.. on 22:01 - Jul 1 with 2235 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

What would people want if Lewis Holtby was thrown into the equation?

I'd take £3m + Holtby.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Davies to Spurs?.. on 22:02 - Jul 1 with 2230 viewsDrizzy

Davies to Spurs?.. on 21:59 - Jul 1 by SwansNZ

So let’s sell every payer that has played well the season just gone, just in case they play crap next season and their value decreases - that is your logic, right?

Nope. If a player has a good season (bit of a stretch based on Ben's second half of the season) and offer of double his actual value comes in then you take it. Especially when you have a capable replacement already in the squad.

Davies to Spurs?.. on 22:03 - Jul 1 with 2225 viewsSwansNZ

Davies to Spurs?.. on 21:58 - Jul 1 by Drizzy

Based on last season Ben isn't even the best left-back on this team. We wouldn't need to replace him as Taylor does that. We may need to purchase extra cover.

They're stupid but not that stupid. I imagine they'd scoff at the thought of paying more than £6m for him and do what you said they would. Go out and get a better player on the continent for a fraction of the price.

Based on last season, Ben was our best LB, as he started in most of our PL games. Therefore, I'd assume ML and Monk would agree.

Ben did not play as well as he did the season before, but you can't really say Taylor was the better LB, as he hardly played.

Davies to Spurs?.. on 22:05 - Jul 1 with 2209 viewsDrizzy

Davies to Spurs?.. on 22:03 - Jul 1 by SwansNZ

Based on last season, Ben was our best LB, as he started in most of our PL games. Therefore, I'd assume ML and Monk would agree.

Ben did not play as well as he did the season before, but you can't really say Taylor was the better LB, as he hardly played.

Taylor's body of performances were stronger than Ben's in my opinion. By your logic using selection Sinclair was better than Routledge in his first season which is debatable.

Honestly £10m would be fantastic business for the club and I think the move would be good for Ben.

Davies to Spurs?.. on 22:06 - Jul 1 with 2203 viewsSwansNZ

Davies to Spurs?.. on 22:02 - Jul 1 by Drizzy

Nope. If a player has a good season (bit of a stretch based on Ben's second half of the season) and offer of double his actual value comes in then you take it. Especially when you have a capable replacement already in the squad.

"double his actual value" - yeah, right.

Let's just give them Ben, as he is shit anyway, eh!

Davies to Spurs?.. on 22:08 - Jul 1 with 2180 viewsDrizzy

Davies to Spurs?.. on 22:06 - Jul 1 by SwansNZ

"double his actual value" - yeah, right.

Let's just give them Ben, as he is shit anyway, eh!

No need to go that far.

Davies to Spurs?.. on 22:09 - Jul 1 with 2173 viewsDrizzy

Davies to Spurs?.. on 22:01 - Jul 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

What would people want if Lewis Holtby was thrown into the equation?

I'd take £3m + Holtby.

We'd be charged with robbery if that were to happen.

Davies to Spurs?.. on 22:12 - Jul 1 with 2146 viewsSwansNZ

Davies to Spurs?.. on 22:05 - Jul 1 by Drizzy

Taylor's body of performances were stronger than Ben's in my opinion. By your logic using selection Sinclair was better than Routledge in his first season which is debatable.

Honestly £10m would be fantastic business for the club and I think the move would be good for Ben.

No, I would say Routs deserved more chances in that first season, not that he was the better winger at that time. Routs has since gone on to prove he is a much better player than Sinclair - unless you think like DYSS, and simply look at goal scoring stats. Taylor IMHO, has not proved he is better than Ben, but only he deserved to be given more chances last season maybe.

12M would be acceptable, I think 10 is selling ourselves short, in the current market.

Davies to Spurs?.. on 22:13 - Jul 1 with 2127 viewsSwansNZ

Davies to Spurs?.. on 22:08 - Jul 1 by Drizzy

No need to go that far.

just like 10M is double Ben's value, maybe

Davies to Spurs?.. on 22:18 - Jul 1 with 2092 viewsDrizzy

Davies to Spurs?.. on 22:12 - Jul 1 by SwansNZ

No, I would say Routs deserved more chances in that first season, not that he was the better winger at that time. Routs has since gone on to prove he is a much better player than Sinclair - unless you think like DYSS, and simply look at goal scoring stats. Taylor IMHO, has not proved he is better than Ben, but only he deserved to be given more chances last season maybe.

12M would be acceptable, I think 10 is selling ourselves short, in the current market.

Fair point. Nice to hear from the sane section of that argument.

Davies to Spurs?.. on 22:21 - Jul 1 with 2069 viewsTom1912

Davies to Spurs?.. on 22:12 - Jul 1 by SwansNZ

Good post, agree with all your points.
Davies to Spurs?.. on 22:43 - Jul 1 with 1980 viewsAngelRangelQS

For me, it's all about what we can do with the money. That's what "value" is.

If we think we've got 2 left backs capable of competing next season even without Ben and we can go out and strengthen another area of the team by selling Ben then it's a no brainer.
Davies to Spurs?.. on 19:03 - Jul 2 with 1737 viewsChief

not looking good:

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer/news/11675/9369218/transfer-news-tottenham-in

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Davies to Spurs?.. on 19:46 - Jul 2 with 1601 viewsjojaca

Ben Davies and Ashley Williams were there at today's first training session. I can make out Tiendalli, Rangel, Amat, Hernandez, Dyer, Chico, Tremmell, Fabianski in other photo's on the official site.

Even when you know, you never know?

Davies to Spurs?.. on 20:54 - Jul 2 with 1496 viewsaspas45

Can’t see this happening as I don’t think Ben would want to leave at this early stage of his career.

l can see Ben turning this down for footballing and family reasons. He still lives with parents?

I think he will think there is no rush for this.

Poll: Surprise first team last minute signing tomorrow?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024