Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Davies to Spurs?.. 15:47 - Jun 29 with 35146 viewsAtleticoAbertawe

No idea how reliable this report is but apparently Spurs have "in principle" agreed terms with Ben Davies.

http://www.sportinastorm.com/mobile//Premier-League/Tottenham-Hotspur/Spurs-agre
[Post edited 29 Jun 2014 15:54]

"If you bring in £80, then don’t spend £100. That’s not hard, is it?" - Huw Jenkins 2013

Davies to Spurs?.. on 16:26 - Jul 1 with 2277 viewsDrizzy

Davies to Spurs?.. on 16:14 - Jul 1 by C_jack

Too much confusion here.

I Discount Fabianski and Gomis because we didn't pay a fee for them. They don't fit into the 'can we get quality for 10m' argument, which is what I'm on, I'm not sure about anyone else.

To go out, and identify a player that we would like to bring in (ala Bony) and spend a maximum of £10m. To come back with anything better would be a struggle.

It's not ala [sic] Bony. Bony is literally (note correct use of literally) the only time we've ever spent more than £10m to buy a quality player.

We've proven we're capable of improving the squad with players that cost less than £10m and there's no reason to suggest that would be different now, especially for a position like left-back which isn't particularly expensive. It's completely irrelevant to whether they're a free transfer or unwanted by their club as long as they improve the team.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Davies to Spurs?.. on 16:27 - Jul 1 with 2274 viewsWarwickHunt

Davies to Spurs?.. on 16:14 - Jul 1 by C_jack

Too much confusion here.

I Discount Fabianski and Gomis because we didn't pay a fee for them. They don't fit into the 'can we get quality for 10m' argument, which is what I'm on, I'm not sure about anyone else.

To go out, and identify a player that we would like to bring in (ala Bony) and spend a maximum of £10m. To come back with anything better would be a struggle.

You crazy, bro.
Davies to Spurs?.. on 16:27 - Jul 1 with 2272 viewsAnotherJohn

It looks as though the club may actually have slightly higher figures in mind than the bloggers' websites have been suggesting (though I know there is the headline price and then the price we would accept):

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tottenham-hotspur-set-

I'm another who thinks that if you aspire to be in the top half of the Prem (and we are close) bargains are not so easy to find. I'd say there are players from about 7m up who would cut it, but I do not personally believe it is 'easy' to improve on Ben for that kind of figure.
Davies to Spurs?.. on 16:28 - Jul 1 with 2268 viewsC_jack

Davies to Spurs?.. on 16:19 - Jul 1 by Drizzy

Let me explain it to you, mush.

We sell Ben Davies for £10m, sign Marcos Alonso for £3m who is a more than adequate replacement with £7m to spare and improve the overall quality of the team. It doesn't actually count though as Alonso wasn't wanted by Fiorentina thus creating a separate context in which to judge the transfer. As we failed to replace Ben with a player actually wanted by his club and paid above the magic figure £10m we have failed in our dealings.

Do keep up.

Marcos Alonso of Bolton Wanderers fame. Of course.

Stay off the PC, there's a good lad.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Davies to Spurs?.. on 16:30 - Jul 1 with 2260 viewsDrizzy

Davies to Spurs?.. on 16:19 - Jul 1 by C_jack

Go have a lie down mun.

£10m is a poor figure for a talented player that we want to keep. It is of no value to us, we cannot buy better. We wouldn't sell any player for that fee that were important for us to keep. Ash, Bony, Ben, even Leon Britton.

There is nothing difficult there.

Explain to me how £10m is of "no value" to us?

Imagine being able to invest in a top class new training academy, without touching your transfer budget and with minimal damage to the overall quality of your team.

Davies to Spurs?.. on 16:31 - Jul 1 with 2256 viewsDrizzy

Davies to Spurs?.. on 16:28 - Jul 1 by C_jack

Marcos Alonso of Bolton Wanderers fame. Of course.

Stay off the PC, there's a good lad.

Did you watch him play last season? Played miles better than Ben was playing at that time.

You're having a C_jack.

Davies to Spurs?.. on 16:35 - Jul 1 with 2236 viewsC_jack

Davies to Spurs?.. on 16:30 - Jul 1 by Drizzy

Explain to me how £10m is of "no value" to us?

Imagine being able to invest in a top class new training academy, without touching your transfer budget and with minimal damage to the overall quality of your team.

You mean a bit like the one we've already invested in? A new new training academy..

It's a low fee that doesn't enable us to buy any better, or provide significant funds to boost other areas. No incentive to sell for that amount.

F**k me, if it went up to £15m I'd probably start agree with you.

Davies to Spurs?.. on 16:38 - Jul 1 with 2221 viewsDrizzy

Davies to Spurs?.. on 16:35 - Jul 1 by C_jack

You mean a bit like the one we've already invested in? A new new training academy..

It's a low fee that doesn't enable us to buy any better, or provide significant funds to boost other areas. No incentive to sell for that amount.

F**k me, if it went up to £15m I'd probably start agree with you.

Despite the plethora of examples of players we've brought in for less than £10m who've improved our squad.

You do know we're going to pay for the stadium expansion, right? Huw's only got so many friends in construction who'll do him a favour, like.

Login to get fewer ads

Davies to Spurs?.. on 16:40 - Jul 1 with 2210 viewsC_jack

Davies to Spurs?.. on 16:38 - Jul 1 by Drizzy

Despite the plethora of examples of players we've brought in for less than £10m who've improved our squad.

You do know we're going to pay for the stadium expansion, right? Huw's only got so many friends in construction who'll do him a favour, like.

Improved our squad then, would certainly not improve it now, because like most things in life, we have progressed.

Huw is not going to sell Ben Davies so he can fund the stadium expansion, ffs.

Davies to Spurs?.. on 16:48 - Jul 1 with 2175 viewsDrizzy

Davies to Spurs?.. on 16:40 - Jul 1 by C_jack

Improved our squad then, would certainly not improve it now, because like most things in life, we have progressed.

Huw is not going to sell Ben Davies so he can fund the stadium expansion, ffs.

There's no point in arguing if you don't believe Ben Davies can be improved upon with £10m.

No time to deal with you twisting statements, it's almost 5pm and I'm all laughed out from your recent musings.

Davies to Spurs?.. on 16:51 - Jul 1 with 2161 viewsUxbridge

Well of course £10m has a fair amount of value to the club. We could pay for the East Stand extension with that. Question is whether that's his value to us.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Davies to Spurs?.. on 17:01 - Jul 1 with 2134 viewsGeoffThom

Davies to Spurs?.. on 16:31 - Jul 1 by Drizzy

Did you watch him play last season? Played miles better than Ben was playing at that time.

You're having a C_jack.

Hold on now did you just say Alonso was a better player than Davis ,I hope not because he was far from impressive last year
Davies to Spurs?.. on 17:05 - Jul 1 with 2117 viewsDaggyjack

Davies to Spurs?.. on 17:01 - Jul 1 by GeoffThom

Hold on now did you just say Alonso was a better player than Davis ,I hope not because he was far from impressive last year

Alonso played well for Sunderland. People laugh as he played for Bolton but he also played for Real Madrid earlier in his career and we have been linked to him for some time.
Not saying he will sign him but he would be an able back up for Taylor, at a reasonable price from Fiorentina i would think.
Davies for £8 or £10 million, no brainer, lets be realistic about these things.
Davies to Spurs?.. on 17:08 - Jul 1 with 2106 viewsC_jack

Davies to Spurs?.. on 17:05 - Jul 1 by Daggyjack

Alonso played well for Sunderland. People laugh as he played for Bolton but he also played for Real Madrid earlier in his career and we have been linked to him for some time.
Not saying he will sign him but he would be an able back up for Taylor, at a reasonable price from Fiorentina i would think.

It's Marcos Alonso we're talking about now, not Xabi.

1 game for Real Madrid.. Orlandi played for Barcelona ffs.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2014 17:08]

Davies to Spurs?.. on 17:08 - Jul 1 with 2100 viewsGeoffThom

Davies to Spurs?.. on 17:05 - Jul 1 by Daggyjack

Yeah we've been linked with many take Lopez what a signing
Davies to Spurs?.. on 17:11 - Jul 1 with 2086 viewsDaggyjack

Davies to Spurs?.. on 17:08 - Jul 1 by C_jack

It's Marcos Alonso we're talking about now, not Xabi.

1 game for Real Madrid.. Orlandi played for Barcelona ffs.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2014 17:08]

And you're talking about Ben Davies, not Paolo Maldini. Forgot that Alonso wouldn't fit your criteria for a signing, get a grip ffs.
Southampton have shown today what can be done in the transfer market, sell Lallana for £25 million and get a quality replacement for half the price.
Davies to Spurs?.. on 17:15 - Jul 1 with 2064 viewsGeoffThom

Davies to Spurs?.. on 17:11 - Jul 1 by Daggyjack

And you're talking about Ben Davies, not Paolo Maldini. Forgot that Alonso wouldn't fit your criteria for a signing, get a grip ffs.
Southampton have shown today what can be done in the transfer market, sell Lallana for £25 million and get a quality replacement for half the price.

Think you need to get on the sunderland site and ask their opinion the one I talked to in Spain watching the utd - sun game reckon he was a week link and very poor didn't want him this year
Davies to Spurs?.. on 17:16 - Jul 1 with 2061 viewsTom1912

Why is Alonso getting criticised for playing for Bolton? He's only 23 and looked great for Sunderland last season.

Be a more than capable replacement for Davies.
Davies to Spurs?.. on 17:22 - Jul 1 with 2031 viewsC_jack

Davies to Spurs?.. on 17:11 - Jul 1 by Daggyjack

Southampton have shown what can be done, pity you weren't paying any f**king attention.

Half of 25 is more than half of 10, just to remind you.

Davies to Spurs?.. on 17:39 - Jul 1 with 1964 viewshooplehead

Davies to Spurs?.. on 17:15 - Jul 1 by GeoffThom

Think you need to get on the sunderland site and ask their opinion the one I talked to in Spain watching the utd - sun game reckon he was a week link and very poor didn't want him this year

i love the sunderland forum

read it every day with my poridge

they are absolutely desperate to sign him as a priority
no doubt you can find the relevant threads if you try hard enough
Davies to Spurs?.. on 18:36 - Jul 1 with 1825 viewsDaggyjack

Davies to Spurs?.. on 17:15 - Jul 1 by GeoffThom

No thanks.
Your straw poll of how many people?? One!! Lol. You really are clueless.
Thanks for the Maths lesson too, the point of being able to sign a quality replacement for half the price (whatever the value) was sadly lost on you.
That's how clubs like ours and Southampton are able to evolve and prosper rather than crash and burn.
Davies to Spurs?.. on 19:18 - Jul 1 with 1751 viewsSwansNZ

Davies to Spurs?.. on 14:04 - Jul 1 by Drizzy

Not a scape goat just an honest assessment of his ability. It's clear from that post your view is clouded by a fair amount of fanciful nonsense.

£10m isn't a quick buck. It's a huge fee for a full-back who we could replace for a fraction of that cost.

If we could replace for a fraction of that cost, it begs the question why would Spurs not get this cheaper but equally good replacement?

I think 12-15 Million would be a very good price to sell at, but not less than that.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Davies to Spurs?.. on 20:39 - Jul 1 with 1611 viewsDyfnant

http://tottenhamhotspur.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/18m-triple-purchase-from-swansea.
Don't do drugs kids

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Davies to Spurs?.. on 20:48 - Jul 1 with 1587 viewswaynekerr55

Davies to Spurs?.. on 20:39 - Jul 1 by Dyfnant

http://tottenhamhotspur.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/18m-triple-purchase-from-swansea.
Don't do drugs kids

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Davies to Spurs?.. on 20:51 - Jul 1 with 1560 viewsSwansNZ

Davies to Spurs?.. on 20:39 - Jul 1 by Dyfnant

Don't do drugs kids

"two clubs negotiating a discounted group buy"

Levy... "Hey Huw, how about about a buy two, get one free deal?"

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024