Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Davies to Spurs?.. 15:47 - Jun 29 with 35110 viewsAtleticoAbertawe

No idea how reliable this report is but apparently Spurs have "in principle" agreed terms with Ben Davies.

http://www.sportinastorm.com/mobile//Premier-League/Tottenham-Hotspur/Spurs-agre
[Post edited 29 Jun 2014 15:54]

"If you bring in £80, then don’t spend £100. That’s not hard, is it?" - Huw Jenkins 2013

Davies to Spurs?.. on 12:00 - Jun 30 with 3197 viewsperchrockjack

So Taylor to stay then defo. Things seemed to have changed.

which is fine

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Davies to Spurs?.. on 12:08 - Jun 30 with 3165 viewsMagicDaps

Davies to Spurs?.. on 11:54 - Jun 30 by raynor94

Gylfi has hardly flopped! michu obviously doesn't want to be here, gylfi would be a great addition to the team, do the deal huw

How is it obvious? When has he stated that he wants to leave?

You're making an assumption, that may or may not be true.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Davies to Spurs?.. on 12:47 - Jun 30 with 2987 viewsNeath_Jack

I'm not keen on this idea that we get Gilfy in exchange or part exchange for Ben. Why do our fans always hanker to have ex players back, it very rarely works for any side. If we have to sell Ben, then lets get the maximum amount of cash for him, then go from there.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Davies to Spurs?.. on 12:50 - Jun 30 with 2963 viewsDrizzy

Davies to Spurs?.. on 12:47 - Jun 30 by Neath_Jack

I'm not keen on this idea that we get Gilfy in exchange or part exchange for Ben. Why do our fans always hanker to have ex players back, it very rarely works for any side. If we have to sell Ben, then lets get the maximum amount of cash for him, then go from there.

£6m plus Gylfi then offer that £6m to Liverpool for Borini.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Davies to Spurs?.. on 12:52 - Jun 30 with 2958 viewsperchrockjack

agree with neathie there.Ben is a terrific prospect and I don't want a club like the once mighty Spurs making a profit at our expense.
Gilfi though IS a good player and can score and I think he might be wanted as we know what he can do

Davies to Spurs?.. on 12:54 - Jun 30 with 2945 viewsAnotherJohn

Davies to Spurs?.. on 11:54 - Jun 30 by raynor94

Gylfi has hardly flopped! michu obviously doesn't want to be here, gylfi would be a great addition to the team, do the deal huw

12 starts in the 2012/13 Premier League season for Spurs and 14 starts in the last campaign. Not what Spurs were hoping for when they signed Gylfi. For whatever reason he flopped and we are hoping to revive his fortunes. The only thing obvious about the Michu situation is that you have jumped to a conclusion with no evidence.
Davies to Spurs?.. on 12:56 - Jun 30 with 2922 viewsraynor94

Davies to Spurs?.. on 12:08 - Jun 30 by MagicDaps

How is it obvious? When has he stated that he wants to leave?

You're making an assumption, that may or may not be true.

Ah, my mistake, he obviously loves it here and can't wait for the season to start, do you believe that version?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Davies to Spurs?.. on 13:02 - Jun 30 with 2889 viewsTom1912

Davies to Spurs?.. on 12:56 - Jun 30 by raynor94

Ah, my mistake, he obviously loves it here and can't wait for the season to start, do you believe that version?

I don't think there's enough evidence to say one way or the other at the moment.

A couple of stroppy performances after coming back from injury don't mean much considering the type of player he is.
Login to get fewer ads

Davies to Spurs?.. on 13:06 - Jun 30 with 2858 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I can't see us having all three of Michu, Gylfi and Pablo on the books next season looking to play the 10 role.

Pablo can play wide and his delivery is good but he hasn't the pace to play there and 10 is his best position. We need our wide players to provide the crosses that Wilf and Gomis will thrive on. Preferably those crosses will be from the by-line which is why we are looking for a speed merchant with a good cross on him.

I just don't see Michu and Gylfi competing for the 10 role. I know we need at least 2 players in that position but I would say Pablo is most likely to accept the role as back-up to either. If Michu is fit and staying I don't see the need to buy Gylfi. If Michu is going we need Gylfi. Emnes can make his cameo appearances in the 10 role as well to good effect late in games.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Davies to Spurs?.. on 13:20 - Jun 30 with 2779 viewsMagicDaps

Davies to Spurs?.. on 12:56 - Jun 30 by raynor94

I'm not saying that, because I (and every body else) don't know what Michu's attitude is.

He could well still well feel his future is with.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Davies to Spurs?.. on 14:26 - Jun 30 with 2555 viewsDanielswan

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-star-ben-davies-bec

Dont know ... maybe its true.

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

Davies to Spurs?.. on 14:29 - Jun 30 with 2535 viewsJackSomething

Fairly interesting article for those who feel Sigurdsson has 'flopped' at Spurs:

http://www.squawka.com/news/gylfi-sigurdsson/132415

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Davies to Spurs?.. on 14:32 - Jun 30 with 2523 viewsperchrockjack

was he an architect

Davies to Spurs?.. on 14:38 - Jun 30 with 2494 viewsmonmouth

The rag seems pretty confident. If true we have given him away.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Davies to Spurs?.. on 14:43 - Jun 30 with 2468 viewsMattG

In the interests of balance, just to mention that it was the Mirror that broke the news of Ash's medical at QPR a month ago.
Davies to Spurs?.. on 15:00 - Jun 30 with 2338 viewsAnotherJohn

Davies to Spurs?.. on 14:29 - Jun 30 by JackSomething

Fairly interesting article for those who feel Sigurdsson has 'flopped' at Spurs:

Yes, read it before my post above. The article suggests that Gylfi would have done better if played in a different role, and that is obviously what the Swans hope. But presumably the new manager is going on track record rather than hopes when he hints that he will let him go at the right price.
Davies to Spurs?.. on 15:11 - Jun 30 with 2293 viewsDrizzy

Davies to Spurs?.. on 14:29 - Jun 30 by JackSomething

Eh. Doesn't change my view really. I did laugh at the reference to the "prolific Danny Graham".

Davies to Spurs?.. on 15:13 - Jun 30 with 2287 viewsWarwickHunt

Davies to Spurs?.. on 14:38 - Jun 30 by monmouth

The rag seems pretty confident. If true we have given him away.

If true then someone's been mugged.

Based on his first season he's worth a lot more, on his second season a lot less.

I strongly suspect the former but time will tell.
Davies to Spurs?.. on 15:20 - Jun 30 with 2249 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Davies to Spurs?.. on 15:13 - Jun 30 by WarwickHunt

If true then someone's been mugged.

Based on his first season he's worth a lot more, on his second season a lot less.

I strongly suspect the former but time will tell.

I still believe it would have done him a world of good if he was dropped last season. Instead he was allowed to continue at the below average level he was playing at and he only got worse as the season continued. I hope it hasn't stunted his development.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Davies to Spurs?.. on 15:20 - Jun 30 with 2249 viewsAtleticoAbertawe

When you consider that we have Taylor and the new boy Kingsley at left back and the chance that Michu could well leave, I think a deal that brings Gylfi this way could prove to be a good deal for us as long as we fairly compensated.

"If you bring in £80, then don’t spend £100. That’s not hard, is it?" - Huw Jenkins 2013

Davies to Spurs?.. on 15:23 - Jun 30 with 2236 viewsWarwickHunt

Davies to Spurs?.. on 15:20 - Jun 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I still believe it would have done him a world of good if he was dropped last season. Instead he was allowed to continue at the below average level he was playing at and he only got worse as the season continued. I hope it hasn't stunted his development.

Agree. Probably rotated to some degree rather than dropped though - Stevie Wonder could see he needed a rest.
Davies to Spurs?.. on 15:26 - Jun 30 with 2218 viewsDanielswan

Davies to Spurs?.. on 15:20 - Jun 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I believe we can get a better fullback for 8 million, lots of potential and cheap players in eastern Europe

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

Davies to Spurs?.. on 16:24 - Jun 30 with 2153 viewsheadcleaner

Why are so many swans fans obsessed with re signing old loan signing players? As for shaw being potentially one of the best full backs in Europe what a wild prediction. I'd say Ben is pretty decent in a mid table prem side and playing alongside better players who knows he might also be one of the best in Europe (or maybe not).

I think going by Shaws potential and his price tag 8mill for Davies is a steal and I cant believe our board would sell themselves so short.
Davies to Spurs?.. on 16:43 - Jun 30 with 2070 viewsAnotherJohn

Here is a statistical comparison that seems to show we are mugs if we let Ben go for 8 million.

http://www.squawka.com/news/shaw-vs-davies-does-this-spurs-bound-star-trump-man-
Davies to Spurs?.. on 16:57 - Jun 30 with 2000 viewsDrizzy

Outside of the ridiculously over-inflated market for young British players, £8m is a a fair price for Ben in our situation. He's a talented natural footballer but has his flaws, particularly when defending crosses. Taylor is a perfectly adequate left-back, not quite as exciting, but more stable and we can use that money to invest in a quality winger who can cross a ball or a central defender who knows how to mark a striker in the box.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024