Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else miss kick off 09:35 - Aug 24 with 12934 viewsDyfnant

I was turned away at turnstile 28 yesterday at 1452 as my ticket had 'already been used'
Proceeded to the ticket office where around 200 others were queuing with similar issues. Got to the front around 1520 and was issued a new card, went to my designated turnstiles and found them all closed. Walked around to the north stand (nearest by this stage) card failed as before and a steward was called. Arrived 5 minutes later and told 1 turnstile will be open on the East, found turnstile, card rejected again.
Back to ticket office, no queue thankfully. Bloke recognised me , took card around the side and handed it back saying it'll work now. Told him I want someone to go with me and someone came from the back to show me the card working on his scanner. Did eventually scan, actually got into the concourse at 1537.
I've no issue with any of the staff involved, they were all great and apologetic when it's clearly not their fault, however someone there is responsible. Is it Huw Cooze? or Leigh Dineen ? because if this happens to me again next week I want whoever it is out there with me.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Anyone else miss kick off on 14:33 - Aug 24 with 1772 viewsskippyjack

F*cking all thickies.. the club and board are not at fault.. the ticket office staff are not at fault.. the stewards.. the police... the turnstiles people.. the electronic gizmo.. and obviously the heroic Connor... it's Stadco.. for not having an automated system.. f*cking simple.. sometimes I wonder why I'm on the brink of benefit obscurity.. I really do.. I now know the answer.. you're all f*cking mental! (Grabs wood..smashes it over my head).. and the reason tickets don't scan.. is because the machine has to print 16,000 tickets.. I'd say a good 500 ticket barcodes are not compatible to the turnstile scanner they unfortunately chose.. because I took one look at the cheap small rubbish scanners.. and then looked at other Prem ground scanners.. council or the club doing it on the cheap.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Anyone else miss kick off on 14:34 - Aug 24 with 1766 viewsDyfnant

Anyone else miss kick off on 14:24 - Aug 24 by C_jack

I struggle to envisage how you can join a queue 30 minutes before KO, spend 22 minutes in said queue, while others joined 10 minutes later than yourself, and got in within 5 minutes.

Where there other queues of a similar nature to yours? I know the British are particularly stubborn in leaving the queue to join another.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2014 14:24]

I was led to believe that my ticket would only work in my 4 designated turnstiles. Those queues were frankly fjucking massive compared to others I passed. Hope this clears things up for you.
That said I was still at my point of entry nearly ten minutes before kickoff while Dineen was supping his port and counting his dividend. Three quarters of an hour to sort* the issue out, thankfully I'm pretty mobile compared to some of the older people that had similar issue
*probably going to have the same problem next Saturday

Anyone else miss kick off on 14:35 - Aug 24 with 1761 viewscontroversial_jack

Anyone else miss kick off on 10:57 - Aug 24 by Dyfnant

Being a bellend

That's not a crime, most of this site would be arrested too
Anyone else miss kick off on 14:37 - Aug 24 with 1743 viewsexiledclaseboy

Anyone else miss kick off on 14:35 - Aug 24 by controversial_jack

That's not a crime, most of this site would be arrested too

Being an abusive bellend could be a crime though.

Poll: Tory leader

Anyone else miss kick off on 14:40 - Aug 24 with 1736 viewslondonlisa2001

Anyone else miss kick off on 14:33 - Aug 24 by skippyjack

F*cking all thickies.. the club and board are not at fault.. the ticket office staff are not at fault.. the stewards.. the police... the turnstiles people.. the electronic gizmo.. and obviously the heroic Connor... it's Stadco.. for not having an automated system.. f*cking simple.. sometimes I wonder why I'm on the brink of benefit obscurity.. I really do.. I now know the answer.. you're all f*cking mental! (Grabs wood..smashes it over my head).. and the reason tickets don't scan.. is because the machine has to print 16,000 tickets.. I'd say a good 500 ticket barcodes are not compatible to the turnstile scanner they unfortunately chose.. because I took one look at the cheap small rubbish scanners.. and then looked at other Prem ground scanners.. council or the club doing it on the cheap.

If you think 'Stadco' are the ones that decide / don't decide what technology goes in then you are barking. Stadco, to all intents and purposes are the club - the club is the only part of Stadco that has a pot to p*** in, therefore what they want goes (since they pay for it). Stadco is just the name used when the club make a decision that is not popular.
Anyone else miss kick off on 14:41 - Aug 24 with 1720 viewsfbreath

Anyone else miss kick off on 14:33 - Aug 24 by skippyjack

I think that blow to your head didn't help you as I don't know what you are talking about. People had problem with season tickets as well as paper tickets. Bar codes a very simple numbering scheme not a complex mathematical equation.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Anyone else miss kick off on 14:45 - Aug 24 with 1709 viewsskippyjack

Anyone else miss kick off on 14:34 - Aug 24 by Dyfnant

I was led to believe that my ticket would only work in my 4 designated turnstiles. Those queues were frankly fjucking massive compared to others I passed. Hope this clears things up for you.
That said I was still at my point of entry nearly ten minutes before kickoff while Dineen was supping his port and counting his dividend. Three quarters of an hour to sort* the issue out, thankfully I'm pretty mobile compared to some of the older people that had similar issue
*probably going to have the same problem next Saturday

The queues.. if it was a structured, quick, fast, evaluated automated system.. the queues would reduce... but it's obviously a rushed.. cheap option.. jobs for the boys on the turnstiles... the board have foresight on the footy field.. but off it.. is cheap Labour from a multi million pound.. world wide brand.. it'd cost us probably 600k for a fully structured.. automated system.. but when they're thinking about expanding.. an electronic system sounds f*cking stupid.. they should have waited until the expansion is complete.. but what do I know... I know f*ck all...(storms off shaking my head.. while screaming dull c*nts)

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Anyone else miss kick off on 14:49 - Aug 24 with 1693 viewsfbreath

The people that are most important know are those that bring in the most income. Premier seat holders and box owners. I didn't see any queues or problems in this area when I was queing at the gate nearest the reception area

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else miss kick off on 14:54 - Aug 24 with 1679 viewsskippyjack

Stadco or the club = no automated system = massive long queues = fans entering the ground late = tickets that don't scan = fans entering the ground later due to these events.

Plus its a stupid idea when we're expanding the ground.. or was it a ploy by the club/Stadco to get fans in earlier.. to drink the water?

Anyone else miss kick off on 15:31 - Aug 24 with 1614 viewsskippyjack

Anyone else miss kick off on 14:40 - Aug 24 by londonlisa2001

If you think 'Stadco' are the ones that decide / don't decide what technology goes in then you are barking. Stadco, to all intents and purposes are the club - the club is the only part of Stadco that has a pot to p*** in, therefore what they want goes (since they pay for it). Stadco is just the name used when the club make a decision that is not popular.

That sums it up then.. every bad decision the fans think they make.. they do it on purpose for a potential earner.. on 'BEER WATER'... why don't they put a bookies in their ffs... too expensive?.. I knew this beer offer had a snag on it... it makes so much sense now..

Anyone else miss kick off on 16:14 - Aug 24 with 1552 viewsDyfnant

Anyone else miss kick off on 12:39 - Aug 24 by Brynmill_Jack

Did I give you a cigarette?

Don't smoke mate. I was on your left when we were outside.

Anyone else miss kick off on 16:19 - Aug 24 with 1519 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

In the queue I was in the steward scanned somebodys card and identified it as a student ticket and then made the young gentleman present his student card as evidence.

Just a warning to those who purchase them as they appear to be checking now.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Anyone else miss kick off on 16:54 - Aug 24 with 1467 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Anyone else miss kick off on 16:14 - Aug 24 by Dyfnant

Don't smoke mate. I was on your left when we were outside.

Ah . Nice to meet you

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Anyone else miss kick off on 12:29 - Aug 25 with 1306 viewsDyfnant

BUMP.
Phil, if your reading the thread any idea who best to contact/ email tomorrow about this?

Anyone else miss kick off on 13:10 - Aug 25 with 1278 viewspenlan_jack

The problem is the club and stadium like to do things on the cheap which I suppose is excellent and awful at the same time.
Anyone else miss kick off on 13:12 - Aug 25 with 1273 viewsjacksinceever

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:25 - Aug 24 by ScoobyWho

Apparently people were reporting their seasons lost last year and paying the fifty quid for a replacement. The lost season would end up in someone else's hands and used to gain entry. Once inside you pick a vacant seat and watch the game.

Apparently ...

Fact. Someone offered to buy my card last season, which I could report as lost, pay the £50 and make cash off him, allowing him to gain entry to the game.
Politely told him to feck off, but fully understand how it could work
Anyone else miss kick off on 13:16 - Aug 25 with 1267 viewsjacksinceever

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:30 - Aug 24 by max936

There were a few queues at the South stand yesterday, but all seemed to be moving along, there was an attendant with a scanner on door 12 where they normally only let disabled people in, but he was happy to leave others in as well, so I queued there, there was an issue with a ticket a lady had, she had been refused entry once and had gone to ticket office, but the ticket still wouldn't work so she was sent back to office, but me and the lad got in with no probs thankfully, I did hear of quite a few problems though, hope they get things sorted asap.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2014 11:31]

Me my kid and his mate (11 year old using an adult ST) got in at 2.15 into the South no problem.
That said, my kid pointed out to me that we had to use certain turnstiles rather than the one next to the TO which we always used. Checked with the steward by said gate who confirmed this. Told him IMO it was load of shite
Anyone else miss kick off on 13:18 - Aug 25 with 1257 viewsjacksinceever

Anyone else miss kick off on 12:42 - Aug 24 by Brynmill_Jack

Or indeed have stewards guarding said door

Surely there are stewards by all doors in case of emergency - sure there are on the South?
Anyone else miss kick off on 13:23 - Aug 25 with 1247 viewsjacksinceever

Anyone else miss kick off on 13:28 - Aug 24 by Brynmill_Jack

He was calling the ticket office staff thickies and saying they hadn't passed their GCSE's

TBH that would pass as polite well mannered demeanour on this site !
Anyone else miss kick off on 13:33 - Aug 25 with 1231 viewsjacksinceever

Anyone else miss kick off on 14:45 - Aug 24 by skippyjack

The queues.. if it was a structured, quick, fast, evaluated automated system.. the queues would reduce... but it's obviously a rushed.. cheap option.. jobs for the boys on the turnstiles... the board have foresight on the footy field.. but off it.. is cheap Labour from a multi million pound.. world wide brand.. it'd cost us probably 600k for a fully structured.. automated system.. but when they're thinking about expanding.. an electronic system sounds f*cking stupid.. they should have waited until the expansion is complete.. but what do I know... I know f*ck all...(storms off shaking my head.. while screaming dull c*nts)

Having previously worked on the turnstiles, believe me turnstile staff rate just above which toilet paper to use in terms of importance to the club. They are a small but relevant drain on the clubs resources and like other match day expenditures (catering staff, stewards, policing, etc) they would do away with those costs tomorrow given the chance.
Jobs for the boys? Don't make me laugh. In spite of paying them a pittance they still wouldn't guarantee them a chance to see games when we arrived in the Championship
Anyone else miss kick off on 13:36 - Aug 25 with 1222 viewsjacksinceever

Anyone else miss kick off on 14:49 - Aug 24 by fbreath

The people that are most important know are those that bring in the most income. Premier seat holders and box owners. I didn't see any queues or problems in this area when I was queing at the gate nearest the reception area

I passed there at just after 2.00 and there were orderly queues to go into the Premier Club entrances. Chris Mears (Senior Steward since the stadium opened) was all suited and booted happily scanning the guys on one of the doors
Anyone else miss kick off on 13:38 - Aug 25 with 1217 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Anyone else miss kick off on 13:33 - Aug 25 by jacksinceever

Having previously worked on the turnstiles, believe me turnstile staff rate just above which toilet paper to use in terms of importance to the club. They are a small but relevant drain on the clubs resources and like other match day expenditures (catering staff, stewards, policing, etc) they would do away with those costs tomorrow given the chance.
Jobs for the boys? Don't make me laugh. In spite of paying them a pittance they still wouldn't guarantee them a chance to see games when we arrived in the Championship

A small be relevant drain on resources? I bet it won't be anywhere near the level of dividend paid out last year.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Anyone else miss kick off on 13:39 - Aug 25 with 1213 viewsjacksinceever

Anyone else miss kick off on 16:19 - Aug 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

In the queue I was in the steward scanned somebodys card and identified it as a student ticket and then made the young gentleman present his student card as evidence.

Just a warning to those who purchase them as they appear to be checking now.

Hope you read you exam papers better than the info that came with your ST - states quite clearly anyone with concessions needs to have identification in case they are asked for it as proof of entitlement.
Anyone else miss kick off on 13:43 - Aug 25 with 1203 viewsjacksinceever

Anyone else miss kick off on 13:38 - Aug 25 by Brynmill_Jack

A small be relevant drain on resources? I bet it won't be anywhere near the level of dividend paid out last year.

Sorry - cost not really relevant. Cost per match for all gate & one person to "manage" them is about £800 per game. As your say, nothing compared to dividends paid out. Probably won't pay for one players kit
Anyone else miss kick off on 15:33 - Aug 25 with 1120 viewsskippyjack

Anyone else miss kick off on 13:33 - Aug 25 by jacksinceever

I know they're a disgrace when it comes to staff and fans.. look at Jose Canas, Pozuelo, Michu, Pablo, Chico, Laudrup.. appointing the rookie Monk as Gaffer.. and handing his right hand man a pay rise... then that right hand man had a slight dig at the home fans (did anyone notice).. something is happening behind OUR club.. like a revolution..

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024