Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Haines 18:07 - Sep 4 with 1634 viewsJackfath

Why don't the SAS get in there and bust him out?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

David Haines on 18:09 - Sep 4 with 1632 viewsshimmie

Cos they don't know where he is and they aren't going to risk more lives.
David Haines on 18:10 - Sep 4 with 1621 viewsJackfath

David Haines on 18:09 - Sep 4 by shimmie

Cos they don't know where he is and they aren't going to risk more lives.

How come they used to do things like this when technology wasn't as good as it is now? I'm sure they used to do rescue missions years ago?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

David Haines on 18:11 - Sep 4 with 1616 viewsNeath_Jack

I'd imagine they, and other secret services are already in there.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

David Haines on 18:14 - Sep 4 with 1608 viewsshimmie

David Haines on 18:10 - Sep 4 by Jackfath

How come they used to do things like this when technology wasn't as good as it is now? I'm sure they used to do rescue missions years ago?

Have you seen the area where IS are? Northern Iraq and North East Syria. We have no control anywhere near the area. A full air attack carpet bombing the entire area is the most likely approach. Not much good if you're a relative of mr Haines granted.
David Haines on 18:17 - Sep 4 with 1597 viewsJackfath

David Haines on 18:14 - Sep 4 by shimmie

Have you seen the area where IS are? Northern Iraq and North East Syria. We have no control anywhere near the area. A full air attack carpet bombing the entire area is the most likely approach. Not much good if you're a relative of mr Haines granted.

Oh right. I thought he was in a semi detached somewhere.

With the files being uploaded to media sites of the beheadings, I'm sure they've got co ordinates of the whereabouts?

David Haines on 18:19 - Sep 4 with 1591 viewsBovi

Fcuk me, we agree on something

What's wrong with saying Mong's ?

David Haines on 18:22 - Sep 4 with 1585 viewsshimmie

David Haines on 18:19 - Sep 4 by Bovi

Fcuk me, we agree on something

I sure they do you sarcastic f*ck. Wether the government think the chances of a positive outcome outweigh the potential risk to those involved is another matter though clearly.

I meant to quote jackfath not bovi. Apologises.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2014 18:23]
David Haines on 18:27 - Sep 4 with 1563 viewsmax936

They tried to get Ken Bigley out didn't they, that didn't end well, so I think its probably unlikely that they'll go in to try and get David Haines out.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

David Haines on 18:35 - Sep 4 with 1540 viewsBanosswan

They didn't get Terry Waite either

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

David Haines on 18:38 - Sep 4 with 1535 viewsBrynmill_Jack

David Haines on 18:10 - Sep 4 by Jackfath

Yeah but they knew exactly where the Iranian embassy was

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

David Haines on 18:41 - Sep 4 with 1530 viewsJackfath

David Haines on 18:38 - Sep 4 by Brynmill_Jack

Yeah but they knew exactly where the Iranian embassy was

They used to rescue others though didn't they?

I remember the Iranian Embassy one like it was yesterday. 34 years ago.

Tempus Fugit.

David Haines on 18:42 - Sep 4 with 1527 viewsdickythorpe

Hasn't he retired from boxing?
David Haines on 03:58 - Sep 5 with 1407 viewsCatullus

There's a lot to consider. They have to be sure where he is to start with. They suspect hostages are being held in Raqqa, I think.
Then they have to weigh up the chances of a successful extraction. If it looks like being a suicide mission, or one that will get more innocent people killed, they won't go.
With the probability that hostages are very well guarded, even if they know the exact location, the mission wont happen unless there's that high chance of success.
Remember the American rescue mission in Iran? Complete debacle, half assed, badly planned and executed.
The SAS don't do half assed or badly planned.

PS, co-ordinates of where the beheadings happened don't mean a thing. Hostages could be transported hundreds of miles away, purely for security reasons. They will be expecting rescue missions, they won't make them easy.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

David Haines on 08:31 - Sep 5 with 1329 viewsDJack

David Haines on 18:41 - Sep 4 by Jackfath

Tempus Fugit.

Didn't you recently post that you were 28 years old?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

David Haines on 08:34 - Sep 5 with 1327 viewsNeath_Jack

David Haines on 03:58 - Sep 5 by Catullus

There's a lot to consider. They have to be sure where he is to start with. They suspect hostages are being held in Raqqa, I think.
Then they have to weigh up the chances of a successful extraction. If it looks like being a suicide mission, or one that will get more innocent people killed, they won't go.
With the probability that hostages are very well guarded, even if they know the exact location, the mission wont happen unless there's that high chance of success.
Remember the American rescue mission in Iran? Complete debacle, half assed, badly planned and executed.
The SAS don't do half assed or badly planned.

PS, co-ordinates of where the beheadings happened don't mean a thing. Hostages could be transported hundreds of miles away, purely for security reasons. They will be expecting rescue missions, they won't make them easy.

"The SAS don't do half assed or badly planned. "

What, apart from Bravo Two Zero you mean?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

David Haines on 11:00 - Sep 5 with 1264 viewsjackpot

If it was easy to do they would have already done it.
David Haines on 11:41 - Sep 5 with 1236 viewsjaf69

David Haines on 18:41 - Sep 4 by Jackfath

Tempus Fugit.

really you are using the Iranian embassy hostage siege as your example, you do realise that was in London.
David Haines on 13:57 - Sep 5 with 1203 viewsCatullus

David Haines on 08:34 - Sep 5 by Neath_Jack

"The SAS don't do half assed or badly planned. "

What, apart from Bravo Two Zero you mean?

Not read it, but he was ex SAS by then and looking for a fast buck.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

David Haines on 21:07 - Sep 5 with 1146 viewsDarran

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2744873/Primed-ready-rescue-British-host

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

David Haines on 21:12 - Sep 5 with 1139 viewsmax936

David Haines on 21:07 - Sep 5 by Darran

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2744873/Primed-ready-rescue-British-host

Lets hope they get hold of the animal that killed the two Americans while they're at it and hang him upside down and gut him like a pig, that'll learn him.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024