Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reasons to be Cheerful …. 01:16 - Dec 1 with 3953 viewsDylanP

Reasons to be Cheerful Part 1

We have the best form of all teams in the bottom half of the Premiership.

No team in the bottom half of the Premiership have picked up more points than us over the past 5 games. In fact, only Burnley have picked up as many points as us over the last 5 games but Burnley have a -3 goal difference and scored only 5 goals over that period whereas we have a +1 goal difference and scored 8 goals during those 5 games. And they remain below us in the table. It is kind of an amazing fact, especially seeing as we have played the number 1 and 2 teams in the division during that time, and not one that I would guess that too many people would have guessed.

We have two wins, one draw and two losses -- 7 points. Burnley have the same record over the past 5 games. Here is the form over the past 5 games, cut and pasted from The Guardian -- http://www.theguardian.com/football/premierleague/table

11 Liverpool 13 5 2 6 16 18 -2 17
Drew with Hull Lost to Newcastle Lost to Chelsea Lost to C Palace Won against Stoke
12 Stoke 13 4 3 6 13 16 -3 15
Lost to Southampton Drew with West Ham Won against Spurs Lost to Burnley Lost to Liverpool
13 Sunderland 13 2 8 3 12 19 -7 14
Lost to Arsenal Won against C Palace Drew with Everton Drew with Leicester Drew with Chelsea
14 C Palace 13 3 4 6 18 22 -4 13
Drew with West Brom Lost to Sunderland Lost to Man Utd Won against Liverpool Drew with Swansea
15 West Brom 13 3 4 6 13 18 -5 13
Drew with C Palace Won against Leicester Lost to Newcastle Lost to Chelsea Lost to Arsenal
16 Aston Villa 13 3 4 6 7 18 -11 13
Lost to QPR Lost to Spurs Drew with West Ham Drew with Southampton Drew with Burnley
17 Hull 13 2 5 6 14 20 -6 11
Drew with Liverpool Lost to Southampton Lost to Burnley Lost to Spurs Lost to Man Utd
18 QPR 13 3 2 8 14 25 -11 11
Won against Aston Villa Lost to Chelsea Drew with Man City Lost to Newcastle Won against Leicester
19 Burnley 13 2 5 6 9 21 -12 11
Lost to Everton Lost to Arsenal Won against Hull Won against Stoke Drew with Aston Villa
20 Leicester 13 2 4 7 13 21 -8 10
Lost to Swansea Lost to West Brom Lost to Southampton Drew with Sunderland Lost to QPR

What are your reasons to be cheerful?
[Post edited 1 Dec 2014 1:22]

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 15:12 - Dec 2 with 891 viewsCiderwithRsie

Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 14:49 - Dec 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Ah listen, we're all happier now, but let's not rewrite history - we were playing utter crap against anyone we met and Redknapp couldn't stir himself either physically or emotionally to look bothered, hence the entirely justified calls for his departure.

If he returns to that sulking attitude, he should be dumped without hesitation, but for now we're doing alright and so is he. Hopefully it continues for all our sakes.

Quite right, Brian.

In any case, as with most things in life, with Redknapp it's not a binary choice; he has good and bad points. Right now the good outweigh the bad, prior to Liverpool home it was the other way round. I still think he's not the right man for next season, but I'll be very glad if we don't have to indulge in the usual mid-season supermarket sweep school of management recruitment.
Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 15:21 - Dec 2 with 873 viewskensalriser

Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 15:12 - Dec 2 by rosseeles

I cant see why people keep going on about Charlie, he's scored some lucky goals, is hardly in the game except to accidentally score off his backside and has a knee that's ready to explode at a moments notice.

If someone could send that scouting report over to Everton id be very grateful

You should probably also mention that he has only the one arm.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 16:16 - Dec 2 with 841 viewsessextaxiboy

Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 14:49 - Dec 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Ah listen, we're all happier now, but let's not rewrite history - we were playing utter crap against anyone we met and Redknapp couldn't stir himself either physically or emotionally to look bothered, hence the entirely justified calls for his departure.

If he returns to that sulking attitude, he should be dumped without hesitation, but for now we're doing alright and so is he. Hopefully it continues for all our sakes.

I am not rewriting history but for a missed penalty and two own goals we would be unbeaten at home . We lost to Man Utd on the only occasion they
have managed to get all of the big signings on the pitch this season .

Spurs and West Ham were the two where we didnt play so well ,the other away defeats ,mostly against clubs going well we have done ok without
any reward.

I don think calls for the manager to be sacked in Sept /Oct are justified.
Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 16:55 - Dec 2 with 821 viewsDiscodroids

I for one am sure that harolds 7 wins out of 38 premier games , should be marked in the annuals of time...perhaps a samurai sword made from platinum folded two thousand times from 300 B.C. lifted from the Meiji Shrine and Sensoji-Temple, Tokyo.........the Romans 'spear of destiny ' as a natty tie pin for his troubles ..who knows perhaps the golden domes from Kashi Vishwanath Temple, Varanasi, India to be used as some kind of rudimentray jacuzzi hot tub for those long lazy sundays .

how about a bronze statue of harold staring beyond the cosmos holding the solar system in his very hands, and harnessing the power of the sun even though he cant read or write.

Harold Redknapp
"he aint never gonna boot it up the pitch..'

'From Little Acorns, Harold..'

Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 16:56 - Dec 2 with 820 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 16:16 - Dec 2 by essextaxiboy

I am not rewriting history but for a missed penalty and two own goals we would be unbeaten at home . We lost to Man Utd on the only occasion they
have managed to get all of the big signings on the pitch this season .

Spurs and West Ham were the two where we didnt play so well ,the other away defeats ,mostly against clubs going well we have done ok without
any reward.

I don think calls for the manager to be sacked in Sept /Oct are justified.

I think that's generous in the extreme, and I disagree with you fundamentally on this point.

But I like this thread, so I'll leave it there.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Reasons to be Cheerful …. on 19:25 - Dec 2 with 791 viewsFredManRave

We'll be out of the relegation zone at 8pm.....

Just realised, it's even cheerier than that, we'll be out of the relegation zone at 7:45!

[Post edited 2 Dec 2014 19:26]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024