Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
gone backwards 18:28 - Jan 10 with 16330 viewsswansealad69

Like monk and what he has done over the years..
But cant help feel we have lost our pass and movement around the pitch.
Yes we needed a plan b under br and ml but now we look clueless at times and the amount off times we give the ball away cheaply is shockin.
As iv said I like monk but feel our passing and patient football has gone backward.
Allso what is going on with Wayne and nathan? Nathan just seams lost and rarley cuts in to get the ball but just holds out wide.Wayne just gives the ball away or loses it time and time again.
I know im going to get some sh, t for this but we have been poor for most the season and its only a handful of games were we realy look good.
gone backwards on 17:53 - Jan 12 with 1312 viewsmonmouth

gone backwards on 17:41 - Jan 12 by SorteErik

Swansea have gona backwards in many ways, since Monk took over.

Biggest problem will be getting new players.... Laudrup had a HUGE network to find quality players.... Montero and Gomis, were 2 guys from his shortlist along with that black swedish guy.... Monk gets shit like Emnes....

Swansea produce absolutely nothing going forward.... Only Burnley, have had less attempts at goal..... which might also explain why the defence is looking better..... Everyone stays back. But what does it matter, when you produce 2 shots at goal against United and still win ?

Outside the UK, viewers vote on which games they want televised.... again Swansea gone from top 8 to bottom 2 - along with Burnley again, since Monk took over.

Monk sounds like a child, when he makes an interview.... its everyone elses fault all the time - blame blame blame.

Having watched a few of Swanseas games this season, they will have a hard time, when/if Bony leaves.... hes been an one man army for them.

ha ha ha ha ha

Ha.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

gone backwards on 18:04 - Jan 12 with 1290 views_

gone backwards on 17:44 - Jan 12 by Darran

Oh f*ck off.

Scrounging c*nt - you fack off.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

gone backwards on 18:05 - Jan 12 with 1290 viewslondonlisa2001

Biggest problem will be getting new players.... Laudrup had a HUGE network to find quality players.... Montero and Gomis, were 2 guys from his shortlist along with that black swedish guy.... Monk gets shit like Emnes....

Swansea produce absolutely nothing going forward.... Only Burnley, have had less attempts at goal..... which might also explain why the defence is looking better..... Everyone stays back. But what does it matter, when you produce 2 shots at goal against United and still win ?

Outside the UK, viewers vote on which games they want televised.... again Swansea gone from top 8 to bottom 2 - along with Burnley again, since Monk took over.

Monk sounds like a child, when he makes an interview.... its everyone elses fault all the time - blame blame blame.

Having watched a few of Swanseas games this season, they will have a hard time, when/if Bony leaves.... hes been an one man army for them.

thanks for that Michael :-)

Just a couple of points ...

Laudrup's huge network eh? Strange then that so many players shared his agent, or were deals that had to be completed by his agent wasn't it? And to those of us that watch the team, we'd rather have sh*t like Emnes to be frank than utter sh*t like Vasquez or Shechter (oh, - that one was Laudrup's agent as well wasn't it...)

And given that so far this season we've signed Barrow, Montero, Fernandez, Fabianski amongst others, we'll just have to disagree on our ability to get new players in.

I don't know whether you understand the way that football works, but you get points for scoring goals rather than 'attempts'. It may interest you to know that after 21 games last season (under Laudrup) the Swans had scored 26 goals. Guess what we've scored this season after 21 games? Difference of course, is that last season we had let in 30 and this, 25 - oh, and last season we had 21 points and this 30 but what does that matter eh?

And I'm not really surprised if in Denmark no one wants to watch us as much - I wonder why that is? You're right - that is, outside the UK, although, not really 'everywhere in the world' is it?

Enjoy watching the delights of the Qatari 'Premier League' though - watch out for all that sand :-)
gone backwards on 18:10 - Jan 12 with 1271 views_

gone backwards on 18:05 - Jan 12 by londonlisa2001

thanks for that Michael :-)

Just a couple of points ...

Laudrup's huge network eh? Strange then that so many players shared his agent, or were deals that had to be completed by his agent wasn't it? And to those of us that watch the team, we'd rather have sh*t like Emnes to be frank than utter sh*t like Vasquez or Shechter (oh, - that one was Laudrup's agent as well wasn't it...)

And given that so far this season we've signed Barrow, Montero, Fernandez, Fabianski amongst others, we'll just have to disagree on our ability to get new players in.

I don't know whether you understand the way that football works, but you get points for scoring goals rather than 'attempts'. It may interest you to know that after 21 games last season (under Laudrup) the Swans had scored 26 goals. Guess what we've scored this season after 21 games? Difference of course, is that last season we had let in 30 and this, 25 - oh, and last season we had 21 points and this 30 but what does that matter eh?

And I'm not really surprised if in Denmark no one wants to watch us as much - I wonder why that is? You're right - that is, outside the UK, although, not really 'everywhere in the world' is it?

Enjoy watching the delights of the Qatari 'Premier League' though - watch out for all that sand :-)

Oh here we go....NeathJack and Lisa in the same thread....

It's time for my finger to pop down my throat and be sycophantically sick all the night long.

No more, please.

Balance - PLEASE!!!

(Have a facking word FFS)

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

gone backwards on 18:18 - Jan 12 with 1258 viewslondonlisa2001

gone backwards on 18:10 - Jan 12 by _

It's time for my finger to pop down my throat and be sycophantically sick all the night long.

No more, please.

Balance - PLEASE!!!

get a grip for God's sake.

My reply is a counterpoint to the previous post (the one I was replying to).

Anyone would think reading half of this thread that we never played less than magnificently under Laudrup or Rodgers. What a load of nonsense.

This season there are games we've played well in, games we've been poor and games where we are hot and cold in the one match. That's because we are not Real Madrid but a mid table Premier League team with a mixture of great players, average players, and players that will hopefully be upgraded as we progress.

Last season it was the same, and the season before, and the season before. Anyone looking back to rodgers as being all superb wasn't at that QPR game where we were absolutely woeful (I was unfortunate enough to be there). Similarly under Laudrup - Cardiff away was shocking last season. The season before even (where we did so well until winning the cup) we were terrible at times in the last coupe of months.

Balance from you as well - PLEASE
gone backwards on 18:20 - Jan 12 with 1253 viewsA_Fans_Dad

gone backwards on 18:10 - Jan 12 by _

No more, please.

Balance - PLEASE!!!

Nothing constructive to say then?
gone backwards on 18:22 - Jan 12 with 1250 viewsicecoldjack

gone backwards on 17:44 - Jan 12 by Darran

Oh f*ck off.

What lovely constructive comment.
gone backwards on 18:26 - Jan 12 with 1242 viewsDarran

gone backwards on 18:22 - Jan 12 by icecoldjack

What lovely constructive comment.

Thoroughly deserved but I dont expect you to agree seeing as you don't like Monk yourself.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

gone backwards on 18:36 - Jan 12 with 1221 viewsNeath_Jack

gone backwards on 14:56 - Jan 12 by JJJack

I'll go against the grain. I don't like this post, sorry. "No doubt our football is not as good this season"......really? That isn't the way I see it. We were poor for much of 2013/14. We have been consistently better this year.
"Monk is enjoying the fruits of rodgers and laudrups labour there is no getting away from that,".............well yes, er, there is plenty of getting away from that......otherwise every single Manager who takes over a club is "enjoying the fruits" of the previous Manager. Can you not see that Monk has had to shift nearly half a squad on for various reason and has done this with the minmium of fuss . Out,....Pozeulo, Canas, Lita, Lamah, Michu, N'gog, Hernandez, Chico, Vorm, Davies etc.
So he had to get his purchasing spot on....Siggy, Fernandez, Fab, Barrow, Gomis, Montero, Carroll, Emnes, etc. Now look at what these 8 have brought us rather than the 10 that left that I've listed. With the exception of Davies and perhaps Chico and Pablo, the others had shocking seasons in 13/14. Monk has been brave, decisive and experiemental.
On the question of money, the net spend on the above would be under £10m and that's represented excellent value. Yes, wages are rising but I bet he's spent a lot less than Laudrup thus far.

You choose Southampton as an example....fine....but you give NO credit to Pochetchino and all the credit to Koeman (thats your implication). Yet Monk, according to you is "enjoying the fruits of BR and ML". Seriously, that is not a balanced post at all. Why don't you use WBA as an example.....brought in a new Manager, spent bucketloads....where are they in comparison to us??

Great post that.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

gone backwards on 18:39 - Jan 12 with 1213 viewsicecoldjack

gone backwards on 18:26 - Jan 12 by Darran

Thoroughly deserved but I dont expect you to agree seeing as you don't like Monk yourself.

Telling lies again i see.
gone backwards on 18:41 - Jan 12 with 1210 viewsNeath_Jack

If anyone takes offence to this "Laudrup" fans post, then they have something wrong with them. The board is a much better place now these people have gone away.

I have absolutely no problem with foreign fans of our club, but got zero time for fans of a visiting manager.

I really don't get how people can support and follow a manager as opposed to an actual football team, absolutely bizarre.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

gone backwards on 18:41 - Jan 12 with 1206 viewsDarran

gone backwards on 18:39 - Jan 12 by icecoldjack

Telling lies again i see.

Nah I just read all your posts.

gone backwards on 18:45 - Jan 12 with 1190 viewsicecoldjack

gone backwards on 18:41 - Jan 12 by Darran

Nah I just read all your posts.

WUM ALERT !

Thread not following the party agenda so time to de-rail it .

No matter, plenty to talk about when we buy the stadium and get bought out eh ?
gone backwards on 18:50 - Jan 12 with 1172 viewsDarran

gone backwards on 18:45 - Jan 12 by icecoldjack

WUM ALERT !

WTF?
What's not following the party line and what's the sellout got to do with me saying you don't like Monk?
Seriously I seem to have touched a nerve.

gone backwards on 18:50 - Jan 12 with 1169 viewsDarran

gone backwards on 18:45 - Jan 12 by icecoldjack

WUM ALERT !

Oh and just for the record you replied to me.

gone backwards on 18:57 - Jan 12 with 1147 views_

gone backwards on 18:41 - Jan 12 by Neath_Jack

If anyone takes offence to this "Laudrup" fans post, then they have something wrong with them. The board is a much better place now these people have gone away.

I have absolutely no problem with foreign fans of our club, but got zero time for fans of a visiting manager.

I really don't get how people can support and follow a manager as opposed to an actual football team, absolutely bizarre.

I enjoy the posts from our foreigners a lot. For me it doesn't matter why they have followed us and my guess is the lack of real competitive football in the country's league system.

But they always give a fresh perspective on matters whether I agree with them or not. Raising the profile far and wide of our club and no matter why or how that's been done is all that's important to me. These guys shouted not be shot down, they should be encouraged to post and jump on board.

gone backwards on 18:59 - Jan 12 with 1144 viewsicecoldjack

gone backwards on 18:50 - Jan 12 by Darran

WTF?
What's not following the party line and what's the sellout got to do with me saying you don't like Monk?
Seriously I seem to have touched a nerve.

WUM ALERT !!

Nicely Wummed Darran, take a good debatable thread with lots of good,different points of view and destroy it because it doesn't suit the party agenda.

Think you should be known as the Thread Killer from now on.
gone backwards on 19:05 - Jan 12 with 1130 views_

gone backwards on 18:41 - Jan 12 by Neath_Jack

And in fairness, mate, Erik is clearly still following us almost a year after Laudrup has left. Fair play to him and the others.

Also our style of play has changed, it really has. Points are all important to us, of course they are and 30 at this stage is just astounding, but the style of play has suffered. Watch us when we lose the ball now, we drop back into our straight lines and allow them freedom in front of us too much.

This has been a good and welcoming football related thread by the way. You'll notice Darran's only contribution is to tell a foreign fan to fack off. I can't believe this prick was allowed to moderate. Sham.

gone backwards on 19:09 - Jan 12 with 1127 viewsexiledclaseboy

Bitter Dane Klaxon.

Poll: Tory leader

gone backwards on 19:13 - Jan 12 with 1112 viewsStarsky

Shit like Emnes?

Looks quite effective to me when he gets a chance to play

As for the rest of it I totally disagree.

Monk has had an effect in the game, media and fellow managers by speaking out about referees and diving.

Or would you rather listen to Rodgers and Martinez talking?

Theyre the talking equivalent of elevator music

It's just the internet, init.

gone backwards on 19:13 - Jan 12 with 1109 viewsNeath_Jack

gone backwards on 18:57 - Jan 12 by _

I enjoy the posts from our foreigners a lot. For me it doesn't matter why they have followed us and my guess is the lack of real competitive football in the country's league system.

But they always give a fresh perspective on matters whether I agree with them or not. Raising the profile far and wide of our club and no matter why or how that's been done is all that's important to me. These guys shouted not be shot down, they should be encouraged to post and jump on board.

I agree with you, met a couple of them when we were over in Copenhagen, proper characters some of them. BUT........ The ones that only came here to follow Laudrup are not worth the bandwidth, they do not care about the club, and will always give a skewed opinion on anything the club does. Each to their own and all that, but i can't take them seriously.

I'm possessive of our club i think, i don't mind the new fans getting involved one bit, but the ones who are here due to a manager or a player, then as soon as they leave the "fan" leaves as well and is then a fan of another club. I don't like that, it offends me slightly if i'm honest, weird eh?

gone backwards on 19:16 - Jan 12 with 1097 viewsC_jack

We can't stubbornly have our 'style' and expect it to work forever, it's important to evolve and adapt to those in front of you.

Nothing wrong with dropping back into shape as soon as we lose the ball, it's good enough for Barcelona, after approximately 8 seconds without winning it back..

Whether GM is going about the change in the right way, or even the right man to do it, is another debate.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2015 19:18]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

gone backwards on 19:17 - Jan 12 with 1094 viewsNeath_Jack

gone backwards on 19:05 - Jan 12 by _

And in fairness, mate, Erik is clearly still following us almost a year after Laudrup has left. Fair play to him and the others.

Also our style of play has changed, it really has. Points are all important to us, of course they are and 30 at this stage is just astounding, but the style of play has suffered. Watch us when we lose the ball now, we drop back into our straight lines and allow them freedom in front of us too much.

This has been a good and welcoming football related thread by the way. You'll notice Darran's only contribution is to tell a foreign fan to fack off. I can't believe this prick was allowed to moderate. Sham.

He's clearly only posted to knock our club,, there has been plenty of opportunity for him to post support and/or praise of performances, games, tactics, points tally, but surprisingly he hasn't. I don't like that.

I don't think anyone with a modicum of sense can say that our style hasn't changed, it's clear as crystal that it has, but it hasn't been to the detriment of our league position, quite the opposite in fact. We'd all love to watch the balls out attacking football, but we've got to be realistic and cut our cloth to what we've got available, not to mention two of our flair players being bang out of form, and another one injured at the moment. It'll come, i'm sure it will.

Darran is Darran, he's never been too hot on football opinion mun.

gone backwards on 19:27 - Jan 12 with 1068 viewsexiledclaseboy

gone backwards on 19:17 - Jan 12 by Neath_Jack

He's clearly only posted to knock our club,, there has been plenty of opportunity for him to post support and/or praise of performances, games, tactics, points tally, but surprisingly he hasn't. I don't like that.

I don't think anyone with a modicum of sense can say that our style hasn't changed, it's clear as crystal that it has, but it hasn't been to the detriment of our league position, quite the opposite in fact. We'd all love to watch the balls out attacking football, but we've got to be realistic and cut our cloth to what we've got available, not to mention two of our flair players being bang out of form, and another one injured at the moment. It'll come, i'm sure it will.

Darran is Darran, he's never been too hot on football opinion mun.

The daft thing is that we never had that balls out attacking football under Rodgers or Laudrup either. It's just the blatant revisionism that this forum is famous for that claims we did. One of the main complaints about our first few seasons in the Premier League was that we often played like a dream and came away from games with no points. Now we're able to mix up what we do and if needed grind out results we probably would never have got in previous seasons. 30 points in January is testament to that. But that's not good enough either because we've apparently lost the near mythical champagne football we always used to play. We haven't of course. We've played like a dream in some games this season and a played like a drain in others. Much as we always have previously. We had great times under Rodgers and Laudrup just as we have already and will continue to have under Monk.

This sort of thing just proves continually to me that Monk is on a hiding to nothing with some people and shamefully not all of them are bitter Danes.

Poll: Tory leader

gone backwards on 19:28 - Jan 12 with 1064 viewspencoedjack

You could also say Laudrup has gone backwards since winning the Carling cup with Swansea.

Being touted as next Madrid / PSG / Man City manager prior to taking us on a dismal run which could well have ended in relegation had the board not acted.

I am not sure his managerial role in the far east is putting him in the spotlight like he was managing Swansea in the PL.

Outside the UK or in Denmark have we gone from top 8 to bottom 2 teams people want to watch ?

As for Monk 'sounding like a child' I often hear comments from other clubs fans saying how refreshing is it to hear Monk saying it as it is.

Maybe a bit of Scandinavian bitterness in your post mate ...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024