Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
gone backwards 18:28 - Jan 10 with 16017 viewsswansealad69

Like monk and what he has done over the years..
But cant help feel we have lost our pass and movement around the pitch.
Yes we needed a plan b under br and ml but now we look clueless at times and the amount off times we give the ball away cheaply is shockin.
As iv said I like monk but feel our passing and patient football has gone backward.
Allso what is going on with Wayne and nathan? Nathan just seams lost and rarley cuts in to get the ball but just holds out wide.Wayne just gives the ball away or loses it time and time again.
I know im going to get some sh, t for this but we have been poor for most the season and its only a handful of games were we realy look good.
gone backwards on 23:32 - Jan 10 with 1572 viewsBrynmill_Jack

gone backwards on 23:13 - Jan 10 by Darran

No he's not happy with us doing well under Monk.
He wasn't happy when we didn't play well against Hull when we won 1-0,he wasn't happy when we lost 2-1 to Spurs when we played very well and he was gutted when we weren't at our best when we beat Villa 1-0 on Boxing Day,oh and he isn't happy today.
He reckoned we were going to struggle under Monk this season and he's starting to embarrass himself.

You dig out a post where I said we were going to struggle under monk. Telling lies again eh Darran? Tsk tsk

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

gone backwards on 23:34 - Jan 10 with 1564 viewsBrynmill_Jack

gone backwards on 23:07 - Jan 10 by acejack3065

Basically you're not happy that we are more willing to defend by clearing our lines as opposed to trying to play the ball out all the time.

No. I'm not happy that we sit back and invite the opposition onto us more. If we didn't do that we wouldn't have to be hacking the ball clear, only to have it come straight back at us like a boomerang

gone backwards on 23:34 - Jan 10 with 1561 viewsperchrockjack

Discuss

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

gone backwards on 23:35 - Jan 10 with 1554 viewsDarran

gone backwards on 23:32 - Jan 10 by Brynmill_Jack

You dig out a post where I said we were going to struggle under monk. Telling lies again eh Darran? Tsk tsk

Nah I'm not digging anything out people only need to read your posts over the last couple of months and it pleases me that some people obviously are.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

gone backwards on 23:39 - Jan 10 with 1541 viewsacejack3065

gone backwards on 23:34 - Jan 10 by Brynmill_Jack

No. I'm not happy that we sit back and invite the opposition onto us more. If we didn't do that we wouldn't have to be hacking the ball clear, only to have it come straight back at us like a boomerang

It depends who we play. Why press a hoofball team?

When we played Liverpool away we pressed high and it worked until Jonjo gave up on 60 minutes because he's too fat.

We've been better at the back under Garry. We were more flimsy than wet cardboard under Laudrup.
gone backwards on 23:42 - Jan 10 with 1523 viewsDarran

gone backwards on 23:39 - Jan 10 by acejack3065

When we played Liverpool away we pressed high and it worked until Jonjo gave up on 60 minutes because he's too fat.

We've been better at the back under Garry. We were more flimsy than wet cardboard under Laudrup.

I don't think WH were a hoofball team today though they tried to play a bit.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

gone backwards on 23:44 - Jan 10 with 1521 viewsBrynmill_Jack

gone backwards on 23:39 - Jan 10 by acejack3065

But fortunately we created a lot more chances . And why bring Laudrup into this anyway? I'm not Spratty! By the way, flimsier than wet cardboard? Really?

gone backwards on 23:50 - Jan 10 with 1514 viewsacejack3065

gone backwards on 23:42 - Jan 10 by Darran

I don't think WH were a hoofball team today though they tried to play a bit.

Well they are certainly a direct team. Every free kick they had went into the box. They had a good 15 minute spell on the ball but they know what they are. Direct, physical and tough to play against.
Login to get fewer ads

gone backwards on 23:53 - Jan 10 with 1511 viewsacejack3065

gone backwards on 23:44 - Jan 10 by Brynmill_Jack

But fortunately we created a lot more chances . And why bring Laudrup into this anyway? I'm not Spratty! By the way, flimsier than wet cardboard? Really?

I just don't understand why people are criticising our defensive resolve when we have easily looked our best at the back since getting to the prem.

Ok ash wasn't at his best today but he's been consistently solid and Fed plays like he's been with us for years.
gone backwards on 00:26 - Jan 11 with 1486 viewsbluenile

I think it's utterly brilliant that the OP takes people to task for 'bullying' him when he literally asked one responder outside, as in 'I'd love to meet you face-to-face'...................once any ar*****e starts that nonsense then their argument is gone..................case closed.

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

gone backwards on 00:40 - Jan 11 with 1474 viewsskippyjack

gone backwards on 00:26 - Jan 11 by bluenile

I think it's utterly brilliant that the OP takes people to task for 'bullying' him when he literally asked one responder outside, as in 'I'd love to meet you face-to-face'...................once any ar*****e starts that nonsense then their argument is gone..................case closed.

Well he did insinuate that he was backwards.. you called him dim.. OJ said go to bed.. perch said another pearler.. Darran made fun of his IQ..

Stonedroller
OJ
Perch
Darran

Considering they know what to get from swanslad.. they should've read past his over-exaggerated demeanour and read his points.. as they're obviously brighter than swanslad.. but they're not as bright as they all think they are.. I think an apology is in order.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

gone backwards on 00:53 - Jan 11 with 1462 viewsStarsky

I tell you what grips my shite on this forum...
When we we've been playing well and not getting results, we get the posters ranting that " it's no good having all that possession if we're not getting the results"
Then, when we mix it up a bit, working with the players at hand... And get the best points return yet in 4 seasons, we get the "ooh we've lost our passing game".
What we've got here, right now is a mix of these two ideals...

We're having a great season. Start enjoying it. Today's game was a good un.

It's just the internet, init.

gone backwards on 00:55 - Jan 11 with 1461 viewstruckjack

gone backwards on 21:42 - Jan 10 by swansealad69

Now now Darren there is no need to take the piss out off someone who aint the best at spelling and grammar.
Its not as if u would take the piss out off a guy with no arms legs or mentally disabled whould u ? Nut find it ok to do so with someone who suffers from dyslexia.
Ps I was p
Expressing my opinion on the club I love and have paid a lot off money in supporting through thick and thin.
Iv earned the right to express my opinion to u and any other internet bully on this f..king board.

Well said pal, don't be afraid of the bullies, you cant spell for shit but you are not on a GCSE exam YJB
gone backwards on 07:53 - Jan 11 with 1377 viewsDr_Winston

Our defending in open play is pretty good. Our defending at set pieces is weaker than a particularly weak kitten.

We do sit back and defend a lead far too much, hence the number of points we've pissed away from winning positions. Rodgers teams used to do the same so we know the reason for that.

We are far fonder of the backwards/sideways ball than at any time since our first season in the Prem. Again, that's Monk emulating his mentor. It's frankly the most annoying thing about the season so far, and f*cking dull to watch at times.

Overall we are harder to break down and aren't frightened of the big sides. Seems to me that we've got the makings of a very good team indeed, and all it'll take to get there is for Monk to be his own man and stop copying 2011/12 Brendan. Oh, and new fullbacks obviously.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2015 8:14]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

gone backwards on 08:15 - Jan 11 with 1358 viewsNewhousemustscore

gone backwards on 07:53 - Jan 11 by Dr_Winston

Our defending in open play is pretty good. Our defending at set pieces is weaker than a particularly weak kitten.

We do sit back and defend a lead far too much, hence the number of points we've pissed away from winning positions. Rodgers teams used to do the same so we know the reason for that.

We are far fonder of the backwards/sideways ball than at any time since our first season in the Prem. Again, that's Monk emulating his mentor. It's frankly the most annoying thing about the season so far, and f*cking dull to watch at times.

Overall we are harder to break down and aren't frightened of the big sides. Seems to me that we've got the makings of a very good team indeed, and all it'll take to get there is for Monk to be his own man and stop copying 2011/12 Brendan. Oh, and new fullbacks obviously.

Once again Doctor, spot on.
gone backwards on 08:19 - Jan 11 with 1352 viewsdgt73

What do Swansea fans seriously expect ? There are some deluded people on here that's for sure. 17 th place or above is a job well done, a top half finish would be unbelievable. Monk is doing a fantastic job, i know that hurts some of the i told you so brigade, because they can't say i told you

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

gone backwards on 09:04 - Jan 11 with 1316 viewsApeShit

gone backwards on 07:53 - Jan 11 by Dr_Winston

I honestly think our defending has been worst than it has been for a few seasons, although I think thats more down to Williams dip in form than anything.
gone backwards on 09:15 - Jan 11 with 1306 viewsexiledclaseboy

Seems to me that we've moved forward at a rate of knots so far this season. According to someone in another thread it took until 25 March for us to get to 30 points last season. This season we've done it by 10 January. If that's not progress I don't know what is.

Poll: Tory leader

gone backwards on 09:22 - Jan 11 with 1293 viewsDr_Winston

gone backwards on 09:04 - Jan 11 by ApeShit

I honestly think our defending has been worst than it has been for a few seasons, although I think thats more down to Williams dip in form than anything.

I dunno. I think we're fairly mobile and quick to close down gaps generally when the ball is in open play. Can't think of many non set piece goals where we've been particularly at fault.

This zonal marking shit's got to go though.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

gone backwards on 09:41 - Jan 11 with 1269 viewsmonmouth

gone backwards on 09:15 - Jan 11 by exiledclaseboy

Seems to me that we've moved forward at a rate of knots so far this season. According to someone in another thread it took until 25 March for us to get to 30 points last season. This season we've done it by 10 January. If that's not progress I don't know what is.

Started to really try and get the crisper passing going too, and the side to side stretching and killer through ball. Didn't always come off (WHam were very good defensively indeed I thought) but the intent was certainly there. Good to see players trying things...even when it doesn't work. Nothing worked for Dyer and Routledge yesterday and they are terribly out of form but as ever with our lot (or any football fan) the 'get him off' stuff and mass groans when passes went wrong got me down a bit. I'll be glad when Montero's fit though; him one side and Barrow the other could be interesting.

For anyone moaning about halcyon days, another 60% possession yesterday.

There may come a time for a thread like this (I hope not) but today certainly isn't it. Bizarre.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

gone backwards on 09:44 - Jan 11 with 1264 viewsraynor94

gone backwards on 23:35 - Jan 10 by Darran

Nah I'm not digging anything out people only need to read your posts over the last couple of months and it pleases me that some people obviously are.

I really am astounded at what has become of Bryn, he's like jekyll and hyde, how on earth he can't be happy with where are club is at this moment in time is astonishing

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

gone backwards on 09:45 - Jan 11 with 1261 viewsmonmouth

gone backwards on 09:22 - Jan 11 by Dr_Winston

I dunno. I think we're fairly mobile and quick to close down gaps generally when the ball is in open play. Can't think of many non set piece goals where we've been particularly at fault.

This zonal marking shit's got to go though.

Yes, set piece marking still looks a bit of a mess. Rangel was with Collins at one hoofkick. What happened with that free header the bloke had from the corner near the end? I couldn't see from the south and it wasn't on MOTD. Looked like he had to score and had from when he headed it. Did it hit the post?

gone backwards on 09:47 - Jan 11 with 1257 viewsDr_Winston

gone backwards on 09:45 - Jan 11 by monmouth

Yes, set piece marking still looks a bit of a mess. Rangel was with Collins at one hoofkick. What happened with that free header the bloke had from the corner near the end? I couldn't see from the south and it wasn't on MOTD. Looked like he had to score and had from when he headed it. Did it hit the post?

Was that the one Taylor cleared off the line?

gone backwards on 10:22 - Jan 11 with 1214 viewsmonmouth

gone backwards on 09:47 - Jan 11 by Dr_Winston

Was that the one Taylor cleared off the line?

Ah, that's what happened. I was waiting for the ball to hit the net and it somehow didn't. Must have been. Thank god we finally had someone on the line that did his job then. that alone would have saved us two or three goals this season by my reckoning.

gone backwards on 10:32 - Jan 11 with 1195 viewsjacksinceever

gone backwards on 09:04 - Jan 11 by ApeShit

Only six PL teams have conceded less than us this season so far - Chelsea (19), Man City + Man U (both 20), Southampton (19), Stoke (24) and Aston Villa (23). Several teams are on the same as us, but overall 7th best defence. Considering "our defending has been worst than it has been for a few seasons", that's not bad !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024