Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tell you what.... 20:35 - Jan 22 with 4076 viewsdilleydaler

If I were Keith Hill, next season I wouldn't bother with a cup run, I'd think about getting relegation and knocked out of all the cups as soon as possible. With average gates of 1,500 there won't be any problems getting tickets and the moaners on this board will be happy.

Tell you what.... on 20:37 - Jan 22 with 4064 viewsTVOS1907

I'm not sure people are moaning, more they are wondering where their tickets are!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Tell you what.... on 20:40 - Jan 22 with 4045 views442Dale

People want things to be better and are offering constructive criticism. If this supporter feedback can be used to help make things better in the future, gates will hopefully increase, Keith Hill's budget could be larger, we may be able to retain our best players and sign new ones, we can look at promotion while never considering relegation and maybe even get to this stage of the Cup again.

Just with less issues around ticketing.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Tell you what.... on 20:47 - Jan 22 with 3997 viewsTVOS1907

Tell you what.... on 20:40 - Jan 22 by 442Dale

People want things to be better and are offering constructive criticism. If this supporter feedback can be used to help make things better in the future, gates will hopefully increase, Keith Hill's budget could be larger, we may be able to retain our best players and sign new ones, we can look at promotion while never considering relegation and maybe even get to this stage of the Cup again.

Just with less issues around ticketing.

Spot on.

And also, if this cup run and its ticketing situation isn't an 'open goal' for marketing season tickets for 2015/16, then I don't know what is!

Tell you what.... on 20:50 - Jan 22 with 3980 viewsRAFC1907

Keith Hill is holding this club up on his own.

Lets face it if it wasn't for him, we wouldn't be where we are today, the people working behind the scenes are a bunch of t*ssers who couldn't pull their finger out of a warm apple crumble.

Keith has figured those behind the scenes wont do naffall to bring folk in (fans) so he has to do well in cup runs to make revenue instead (pays wages), hoping the odd guy/lass that comes through will fall in love with Rochdale that way.

Those in the club shop are sound, as are those in the trust, the ladies that sell tickets (not the one that dresses up as a blue barbie smoking inside the ground on matchday) are also pleasant.

Its been a long day..

Poll: Bottomley...

Tell you what.... on 20:58 - Jan 22 with 3935 viewsdilleydaler

Good stuff. You boys on the trust need to save all these posts up and put all these ideas to Mr Garlick and co at the next Trust meeting. The new marketing job needs to have some power and should be turning up at the Trust meeting and forums to hear this.
Tell you what.... on 21:28 - Jan 22 with 3835 viewsTVOS1907

Tell you what.... on 20:58 - Jan 22 by dilleydaler

Good stuff. You boys on the trust need to save all these posts up and put all these ideas to Mr Garlick and co at the next Trust meeting. The new marketing job needs to have some power and should be turning up at the Trust meeting and forums to hear this.

Which boys on the Trust?

Tell you what.... on 23:03 - Jan 22 with 3668 viewsD_Alien

The OP exemplifies the very attitude that results in fans not knowing whether the tickets they've paid for will be available for them on the night of a big game.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Goodnight.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tell you what.... on 23:20 - Jan 22 with 3639 viewsdilleydaler

Tell you what.... on 23:03 - Jan 22 by D_Alien

The OP exemplifies the very attitude that results in fans not knowing whether the tickets they've paid for will be available for them on the night of a big game.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Goodnight.

I live 200 miles from Rochdale, supported the club for 41 years. No reason to be ashamed cherub. Got myself organised, my ticket is in an envelope waiting for me on Monday. Stop moaning, and get behind the club.

If you feel strongly get active.

Night night.
Login to get fewer ads

Tell you what.... on 23:27 - Jan 22 with 3624 viewsYorkshire_Dale

No-one's moaning........just making an odd comment or two.

It's the Dale way.
Tell you what.... on 23:34 - Jan 22 with 3608 viewsdownunder

Tell you what.... on 23:27 - Jan 22 by Yorkshire_Dale

No-one's moaning........just making an odd comment or two.

It's the Dale way.

Commenting, moaning...whatever. But if no one moans or comments, nothing will change.
What is worrying is the repetition of similar problems. Change seems to be very slow IMHO
Tell you what.... on 09:01 - Jan 23 with 3447 viewsnordenblue

Tell you what.... on 23:20 - Jan 22 by dilleydaler

I live 200 miles from Rochdale, supported the club for 41 years. No reason to be ashamed cherub. Got myself organised, my ticket is in an envelope waiting for me on Monday. Stop moaning, and get behind the club.

Night night.

Read the responses again, they are reasons why the club struggle to increase its fanbase due to methods decades behind most other clubs even leagues below.
If youre happy the club work this way i find that rather odd surely its better to strive for improvement as many of the posters on here allude to
Tell you what.... on 09:35 - Jan 23 with 3382 viewsParkinsGimp

Night night.

I'm alright jack, dont invade my space.....
Keith Hill will be doing everything he can in the future to ensure we get cup runs( I know he ignored them in the past) but now he can see that keep getting a profile in the media, keep plugging away, keep succeeding and eventually that core support will grow.
Just look at the mighty biffos down the road...I know they are a massive club ;-) , but it took them ages to build up their core support when they were always in the old second tier before the lardy scouse bum eventually got them to the Prem. I know they had the lowest support in the Prem then , but they still had treble what they get now!
Successful build up of core support is a very gradual thing. All the extra revenue will keep Keith happy as well. :-)
Tell you what.... on 10:13 - Jan 23 with 3319 viewsD_Alien

Night night.

Seems to me the only person who's actually moaning - as in not having any reason for complaint but STILL making an issue out of it - is you.

Length of time supporting Dale is irrelevant (and I can say that with more miles on the clock than you) so if you come on here shouting the odds please don't use spurious points to try and bolster your non-argument.

Bye, foetus.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tell you what.... on 11:55 - Jan 23 with 3210 viewsDaleiLama

Trying to offer constructive criticism and suggestions = continuous improvement (Kaizen ..... a very well documented and widely accepted princciple)

Sitting on your thumbs and accepting the status quo = stagnating and being left behind.

Hilly is trying to continuously improve the performance on the pitch and he's created a terrific cup run and large demand for tickets. Nice problem to have. Is it so wrong to suggest that this may not be a one off and the club needs to have a robust system in place to try to satisfy this demand and get as many fans in as possible to support the team. Each feeds the other and the result is growth. This vision sounds better then yours imho.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Tell you what.... on 12:44 - Jan 23 with 3120 viewsdilleydaler

My point is writing about this on the message board has had no effect to date, and it comes up every time we have a up run.

To me it comes across as negative, when the cup run is positive.

I agree that we should be capturing the cup attendees to increase league gates.

Clearly a lot of people feel strongly. So take action which is likely to make change happen. For example. Write a letter to the board. If enough people did they may listen. Or get involved with the trust, and get the message to the club members on there.

Up the Dale!!
Tell you what.... on 13:17 - Jan 23 with 3063 views442Dale

Tell you what.... on 12:44 - Jan 23 by dilleydaler

My point is writing about this on the message board has had no effect to date, and it comes up every time we have a up run.

Clearly a lot of people feel strongly. So take action which is likely to make change happen. For example. Write a letter to the board. If enough people did they may listen. Or get involved with the trust, and get the message to the club members on there.

Up the Dale!!

Issues raised in this thread will be collated and passed on to the Trust who work closely with the club. If anyone wants anything specific brought up, please add to the thread.

Alternatively, contact the Trust via the link below and let us know how you go:
http://daletrust.com/news/?page_id=779

A request will be made that the subjects raised will be answered on here or on the Trust site.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Tell you what.... on 13:33 - Jan 23 with 3030 viewsTVOS1907

Tell you what.... on 12:44 - Jan 23 by dilleydaler

Up the Dale!!

A lot of people have been involved in the sorts of things talked about on here - and more - for several years.

Tell you what.... on 14:10 - Jan 23 with 2967 viewssweetcorn

Well its certainly come up a lot then, considering this is only the second time 10 years we've reached the 3rd round, never mind the 4th.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Tell you what.... on 14:17 - Jan 23 with 2942 viewstazzydjr

I don't get why such a negative days before one of the most massive matches of the season which could earn us opposition what could set the mighty dale up for the next five seasons if Spurs, Chelski, Arsenal or either Manchester in the next round

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024