Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you care who wins tomorrow? 09:19 - Feb 5 with 16356 viewsNOTRAC

Seven pages in the sports part of today's Western Mail, and most of the front page taken up by the news that the Millenium roof is going to be closed, rugby mania time has started once more.
And if Wales is successful in winning the match against England the paper will have to double in size to contain all the hysterics.
We will be told on the Welsh media that Wales and rugby are synonymous.How Wales first became a nation when it defeated the All Blacks in 1905.and how our success on the rugby field justifies our claims for independence ,particularly if we beat England.
Well I suppose I must be regarded as very odd.For I personally couldn't care less if Wales win tomorrow.I won't even watch it .
I personally hate rugby and the crap that goes with it.
In fact I couldn't care less whether Wales won or not.
I wonder if there's anyone else who feels the same?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 09:11 - Feb 6 with 1737 viewsmbl1966

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 08:47 - Feb 6 by Brynmill_Jack

Apparently it's a condition of being entitled to call yourself welsh. Like accepting that all money and resources should be pumped into Cardiff.

Surely ones identity extends to more than just wearing a red shirt, hating England and all things English and getting so drunk you go home and start knocking the wife around? All for two months of the year?

And as for the pink cowboy hat parade, that sums it all up for me. The Mill Stad is the new Barron's, surely?

It's not a condition of being Welsh BJ, far from it. As for "hating" the English, again, far from it. It would be sad indeed to 'hate' (something I can only feel in the most extreme circumstances eg paedophiles) the English. Many years ago, actually after leaving Swansea (not a reason but I prefer to call a coincidence) I developed a sense of perspective. I simply want to get one over my neighbours. I have never rubbed their noses in it when we win as I believe it to be far more dignified to win with 'style'.

I for one will not get so drunk that I start knocking my English (in my opinion, beautiful an fabulous) wife around, but will enjoy a drink and will still enjoy the sight of so many Welsh in one place enjoying themselves.

Oh, and I had some great times at Barons too!

Top Mark

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 10:09 - Feb 6 with 1713 viewsperchrockjack

I find England at football relatively modest and in no way arrogant.
The England rugby set has inbuilt arrogance and without any doubt at all a team/outfit to despise.

Its a case of them really , no I mean really, putting the poverty stricken, backward,littl taffies in their place. What other country would have a slave song as its mantra. Sickening .Either that or the best of Hubert Parry and dark satanic mills

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 11:28 - Feb 6 with 1694 viewsmbl1966

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 10:09 - Feb 6 by perchrockjack

I find England at football relatively modest and in no way arrogant.
The England rugby set has inbuilt arrogance and without any doubt at all a team/outfit to despise.

Its a case of them really , no I mean really, putting the poverty stricken, backward,littl taffies in their place. What other country would have a slave song as its mantra. Sickening .Either that or the best of Hubert Parry and dark satanic mills

Spot on Perch.

I spent 10 yrs working about 70metres from Leicester Tigers ground on Welford Road in Leicester and learned to thoroughly dislike the upper middle class snobs they have as supporters.

Top Mark

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 11:45 - Feb 6 with 1683 viewstomdickharry

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 11:28 - Feb 6 by mbl1966

Spot on Perch.

I spent 10 yrs working about 70metres from Leicester Tigers ground on Welford Road in Leicester and learned to thoroughly dislike the upper middle class snobs they have as supporters.

Don't worry there are many upper middle class snobs living in Wales many of whom support the eggers. Ask many many Welsh people if they support Wales as an Independent country and the answer will be NO and that includes the First Minister,why?
Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 12:09 - Feb 6 with 1671 viewsrob

A vast amount of English people, hardly know the game is even on.
Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 12:22 - Feb 6 with 1665 viewsmbl1966

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 11:45 - Feb 6 by tomdickharry

Don't worry there are many upper middle class snobs living in Wales many of whom support the eggers. Ask many many Welsh people if they support Wales as an Independent country and the answer will be NO and that includes the First Minister,why?

Some huge brush strokes there. I've no doubt that most football fans regard football as the only sport of the working class, but in all the rugby teams I have played in (and there have been a few in Wales and in England) I have seldom experienced snobbery amongst players and supporters.

The question as to whether you support Wales as an independent country has surely more to do with economics than national pride. At this moment Wales (outside of Cardiff) has so poor infrastructure that to stand alone and recreate itself as an economically feasible country would be nigh on impossible.

This is diverting from the point of the original post though. For me, I identify with all the stereotypes except the ones that many English believe like the Welsh being short, knuckle-dragging, smelly little Taffies with bad teeth Etc etc

Tom Jones, Morriston Orpheus, Dunvant Male Voice, Gareth Bale, Daffodils, Leeks, Dame Shirley, all Welsh People can sing, Huw Edwards, Swansea City, Dylan Thomas, Bryn Terfel, Katherine Jenkins and even Goldie Lookin Chain.

And more important than any of these is the Welsh Rugby team...come on the boys!

Top Mark

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 12:31 - Feb 6 with 1656 viewsmbl1966

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 12:09 - Feb 6 by rob

Very silly post.

The English media have been putting in their excuses for the last month at least. Only yesterday there was a piece on the BBC news website by Tom Fordyce pointing out that the Welsh team has 5 or 6 individuals who were born in England and that Scotland has 3 or 4 individuals from outside Scotland. Absolutely no mention of the 2 Tongans, 1 Figian, 1 Samoan in their team. Not to mention the next article was written by English legend Mike Catt (South African) and that the game will be commented on by another two English legends Dewi Morris and Owen Josh Lewsey (born in Crick and Welsh Parents respectively).

They definitely know its on, and they are very, very worried.

Top Mark

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 12:40 - Feb 6 with 1647 viewsVetchitBack

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 08:45 - Feb 6 by Ponderosa

As I've got older I've grown to enjoy the rugby a lot more than I used to. The only things I object to is the notion that rugby is our national sport and that just because I'm Welsh everybody I speak to across the border assumes I'm a die hard egger. Small gripes in the grand scale of things

Pretty much where I'm at.

I hate the media and stereotypes but English rugby culture somehow manages to be even more nauseating.

I'd want a Wales win if I end up watching but I'd never want to be known as a "Welsh rugby fan" and yes I realise how pathetic that sounds!

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Login to get fewer ads

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 12:42 - Feb 6 with 1641 viewsApeShit

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 12:22 - Feb 6 by mbl1966

Some huge brush strokes there. I've no doubt that most football fans regard football as the only sport of the working class, but in all the rugby teams I have played in (and there have been a few in Wales and in England) I have seldom experienced snobbery amongst players and supporters.

The question as to whether you support Wales as an independent country has surely more to do with economics than national pride. At this moment Wales (outside of Cardiff) has so poor infrastructure that to stand alone and recreate itself as an economically feasible country would be nigh on impossible.

This is diverting from the point of the original post though. For me, I identify with all the stereotypes except the ones that many English believe like the Welsh being short, knuckle-dragging, smelly little Taffies with bad teeth Etc etc

Tom Jones, Morriston Orpheus, Dunvant Male Voice, Gareth Bale, Daffodils, Leeks, Dame Shirley, all Welsh People can sing, Huw Edwards, Swansea City, Dylan Thomas, Bryn Terfel, Katherine Jenkins and even Goldie Lookin Chain.

And more important than any of these is the Welsh Rugby team...come on the boys!

What you dressing up as later? Daffodil? Leek? Or are you just going to have dragons painted on your face?
Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 12:44 - Feb 6 with 1639 viewsC_jack

International rugby and the regions mean nothing to me

The true game of rugby is in the local clubs, hand on heart if I had a choice between going to St Helens or the Millenium stadium to see respective games, it would be St Helens every time.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2015 12:46]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 12:50 - Feb 6 with 1626 viewsmbl1966

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 12:42 - Feb 6 by ApeShit

What you dressing up as later? Daffodil? Leek? Or are you just going to have dragons painted on your face?

None of the above, sadly. But I might arrange that for the next game. Great suggestion Shitape.

Top Mark

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 12:57 - Feb 6 with 1617 viewstomdickharry

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 12:09 - Feb 6 by rob

Spoke to a relative of mine in Brum last night who didn't know the game was on, as for knowing the name of the welsh captain thought it was Rhodri Jones.
Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 13:05 - Feb 6 with 1606 viewswestside

never watch this rugby rubbish.
can't stand bbc wales.
can't stand dinosaurs like eddie butler, brian moore, johnathon davis bleating on trying to make out this rugby borefest is exciting.
can't stand sports reporter standing outside hotels looking like pervos and peeping toms everytime they announce a team.
can't stand welsh rugby fans making out their rugby fans when they ain't and just out for a booze up or to get themselves on telly.
can't stand them going on out their boys or our boys.
can't stand the over the top build up especially those stupid adverts.
can't stand the borefest six nations which is meaningless with no promotion or relegation and the same teams every year.
can't stand the excessive coverage for a minority sport which gets a few million viewers compared to hundreds of millions who watch football.
Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 13:19 - Feb 6 with 1586 viewssully49

Cymru am Byth Bob Anser A am Byth. We should always support any Welsh team playing, whatever sport.

At least they play in red so the scum will fit in nicely.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 13:21 - Feb 6 with 1584 viewsmbl1966

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 13:05 - Feb 6 by westside

never watch this rugby rubbish.
can't stand bbc wales.
can't stand dinosaurs like eddie butler, brian moore, johnathon davis bleating on trying to make out this rugby borefest is exciting.
can't stand sports reporter standing outside hotels looking like pervos and peeping toms everytime they announce a team.
can't stand welsh rugby fans making out their rugby fans when they ain't and just out for a booze up or to get themselves on telly.
can't stand them going on out their boys or our boys.
can't stand the over the top build up especially those stupid adverts.
can't stand the borefest six nations which is meaningless with no promotion or relegation and the same teams every year.
can't stand the excessive coverage for a minority sport which gets a few million viewers compared to hundreds of millions who watch football.

Puberty seems to be quite rough for you!
[Post edited 6 Feb 2015 13:22]

Top Mark

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 13:24 - Feb 6 with 1581 viewsmbl1966

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 12:57 - Feb 6 by tomdickharry

Spoke to a relative of mine in Brum last night who didn't know the game was on, as for knowing the name of the welsh captain thought it was Rhodri Jones.

So the possibility that stupidity runs in your family.....not something to highlight.

Top Mark

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 13:26 - Feb 6 with 1572 viewsApeShit

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 12:50 - Feb 6 by mbl1966

None of the above, sadly. But I might arrange that for the next game. Great suggestion Shitape.

How old are you?
Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 13:33 - Feb 6 with 1559 viewsmbl1966

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 13:26 - Feb 6 by ApeShit

How old are you?

Why?

Just so you know, I'm married so there's not a chance of anything happening between us.

Top Mark

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 13:37 - Feb 6 with 1552 viewsrob

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 12:31 - Feb 6 by mbl1966

Very silly post.

The English media have been putting in their excuses for the last month at least. Only yesterday there was a piece on the BBC news website by Tom Fordyce pointing out that the Welsh team has 5 or 6 individuals who were born in England and that Scotland has 3 or 4 individuals from outside Scotland. Absolutely no mention of the 2 Tongans, 1 Figian, 1 Samoan in their team. Not to mention the next article was written by English legend Mike Catt (South African) and that the game will be commented on by another two English legends Dewi Morris and Owen Josh Lewsey (born in Crick and Welsh Parents respectively).

They definitely know its on, and they are very, very worried.

Very silly? Um, no, it's a fact. You think they give a care towards this rugby event in the deepest parts of East London? Or Manchester or one other of the huge Northern English cities. They couldn't care less. Rugby is even more so of a minority sport over the bridge and this hatred towards England shown by Welsh rugby fans is quite pathetic when most English people hardly realise England are playing Wales.
Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 13:54 - Feb 6 with 1535 viewsmbl1966

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 13:37 - Feb 6 by rob

Very silly? Um, no, it's a fact. You think they give a care towards this rugby event in the deepest parts of East London? Or Manchester or one other of the huge Northern English cities. They couldn't care less. Rugby is even more so of a minority sport over the bridge and this hatred towards England shown by Welsh rugby fans is quite pathetic when most English people hardly realise England are playing Wales.

Again with the broad brush strokes.
600,000 registered rugby players in England
More registered rugby union players in Yorkshire (up north) than in all of Wales
Last Viewing figures for this fixture 9,500,000
Hardly irrelevant with viewing figures most sporting fixtures could only dream of, including major football events.
When it comes to hatred, the anger and hate posted on this site every week against other posters, other clubs, other clubs players/management/fans and referees/line officials is a good indication of what is truly pathetic (to use your terminology).

Top Mark

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 14:03 - Feb 6 with 1525 viewsApeShit

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 13:33 - Feb 6 by mbl1966

Why?

Just so you know, I'm married so there's not a chance of anything happening between us.

You're getting quite upset by all this indifference to the welsh rugby team.

Enjoy the match boyo.
Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 14:05 - Feb 6 with 1525 viewsperchrockjack

Couldn't case less, maybe, but you d be hard pressed to find any English football supporter wanting England to lose. This is what sets us Welsh apart as we re tribal and petty minded.

It's nothing about a game ,it's about country.

And people in our overwhelming football area are well aware rugby is on.

Some pretty w@nk awful comments in this thread.

Class thing then...

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 14:11 - Feb 6 with 1524 viewsGreatBritton

I like sport.

Unsurprisingly, I find I like sports which receive massive coverage more than those which don't.

I like pubs and I like the sense of community you get in a pub showing a big sports event (or one which the media deems big)

Therefore, watching Wales tonight. Prefer Wales to win because of the better atmosphere in the pub. A win wouldn't change my life much though. Swansea getting relegated, on the other hand, would damage my central nervous system and my cardiac arrangements considerably.

I take the earlier point about 38 opportunities to get three points though
Do you care who wins tomorrow? (n/t) on 14:11 - Feb 6 with 1522 viewsmbl1966

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 14:03 - Feb 6 by ApeShit

Enjoy the match boyo.

[Post edited 6 Feb 2015 14:17]

Top Mark

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 14:16 - Feb 6 with 1517 viewsmbl1966

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 14:03 - Feb 6 by ApeShit

Enjoy the match boyo.

Hardly important enough to make me upset and I don't think my posts suggest I'm 'upset'.

I will enjoy the match thanks, especially if we win.

Top Mark

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024