Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you care who wins tomorrow? 09:19 - Feb 5 with 16404 viewsNOTRAC

Seven pages in the sports part of today's Western Mail, and most of the front page taken up by the news that the Millenium roof is going to be closed, rugby mania time has started once more.
And if Wales is successful in winning the match against England the paper will have to double in size to contain all the hysterics.
We will be told on the Welsh media that Wales and rugby are synonymous.How Wales first became a nation when it defeated the All Blacks in 1905.and how our success on the rugby field justifies our claims for independence ,particularly if we beat England.
Well I suppose I must be regarded as very odd.For I personally couldn't care less if Wales win tomorrow.I won't even watch it .
I personally hate rugby and the crap that goes with it.
In fact I couldn't care less whether Wales won or not.
I wonder if there's anyone else who feels the same?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 17:52 - Feb 5 with 2150 viewsSlugster664

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 09:50 - Feb 5 by tomdickharry

Agree whole heartily with Notrac although I will be watching hoping for a late England penalty to win the match. The great irony of English rugby is that they play without a large number of potentially fantastic English players not even playing Rugby Union but Rugby League,just imagine how good England could be if those hard men from the North were playing Union.

What a fu cking retard

You obviously got beaten up by the rugby boys in school

STID

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 17:52 - Feb 5 with 2150 viewsrob

Sorry, but couldn't care less. In fact I'd prefer England to win as I, in no way identify with the 'Welshness' that seems to coincide with the sport.

National sport. My arse.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2015 17:55]
Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 18:01 - Feb 5 with 2141 viewsDr_Winston

Could be 70-0 either way. Wouldn't give a shit either way.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 18:41 - Feb 5 with 2095 viewsmbl1966

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 17:52 - Feb 5 by rob

Sorry, but couldn't care less. In fact I'd prefer England to win as I, in no way identify with the 'Welshness' that seems to coincide with the sport.

National sport. My arse.

I'd be interested to know what your idea of "Welshness" is.

Being happy to lose to England at anything seems to be very 'un-Welsh' to me.

Do you struggle with understanding the rules, is that it?
[Post edited 5 Feb 2015 18:45]

Top Mark

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 20:50 - Feb 5 with 2025 viewsJethroJack

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 11:06 - Feb 5 by LeonisGod

I want Wales to win and I'm English! I spent 4 years near Twickenham and had a belly full of the Range Rover driving, Barbour wearing, shooting stick sitting, snobby English RU types. As Dar would say "fcuk em"!

Fair play, you're my kind of Englishman
Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 20:57 - Feb 5 with 2021 viewsJethroJack

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 11:13 - Feb 5 by airedale

I thought that the roof was going to be open?

It is, we wanted it shut, England wouldn't agree, so it has to stay open as both need to agree.
They're hoping for torrential rain & appear to be concerned about the enhanced noise when the roof's shut, bless 'em
Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 21:01 - Feb 5 with 2015 viewsGretsch

It's ok to like both.

I want Wales to win of course and I will be watching, but a choice between 3 points and a Wales rugby win, 3 points every time.
Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 21:02 - Feb 5 with 2013 viewsJackFish

I'll be watching in a pub with lots of English people, so yes, I definitely want Wales to win tomorrow - more so than normal. Would much, much prefer three points for the Swans on Saturday though.
Login to get fewer ads

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 21:24 - Feb 5 with 1990 viewsjack247

It is by no means as important to me as football, but I would support any team from Swansea or Wales in any sport. If it was Saturday afternoon, I obviously would be at the Swans, but as its Friday night I'll definitely be watching. Looking forward to it.
Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 21:48 - Feb 5 with 1974 viewslonglostjack

Very difficult to be Welsh and not wish to hammer England at any sport. Those daffodil outfits and cowboy hats though are an absolute fcking disgrace. Should be banned - zero tolerance. It was much more entertaining watching a bloke trying to get to the top of the posts clutching a leek and the odd streaker was OK too.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 22:05 - Feb 5 with 1960 viewsmonmouth

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 21:48 - Feb 5 by longlostjack

Very difficult to be Welsh and not wish to hammer England at any sport. Those daffodil outfits and cowboy hats though are an absolute fcking disgrace. Should be banned - zero tolerance. It was much more entertaining watching a bloke trying to get to the top of the posts clutching a leek and the odd streaker was OK too.

The BBC is spending more time showing them too, encouraging the c*nts even further.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 22:09 - Feb 5 with 1957 viewslonglostjack

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 22:05 - Feb 5 by monmouth

The BBC is spending more time showing them too, encouraging the c*nts even further.

I take it you're not referring to the streakers

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 22:14 - Feb 5 with 1951 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 17:52 - Feb 5 by rob

National sport. My arse.

Top post. Could nt give a F--K, and the sad thing is if the welsh didnt keep banging on about it i would take an intrest, but its been non stop talking shite since xmas.
Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 22:17 - Feb 5 with 1946 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 22:14 - Feb 5 by blaenaugwentjack

Top post. Could nt give a F--K, and the sad thing is if the welsh didnt keep banging on about it i would take an intrest, but its been non stop talking shite since xmas.

Sorry meant to say welsh media.
Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 22:49 - Feb 5 with 1930 viewsdameedna

Love ruggger, top sport, hate the pink fluff, it is a national embarassment and I cringe.

Really hope Biggar has a good game, not seen such a good player (for us) since Henson
Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 23:32 - Feb 5 with 1727 viewsrob

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 18:41 - Feb 5 by mbl1966

I'd be interested to know what your idea of "Welshness" is.

Being happy to lose to England at anything seems to be very 'un-Welsh' to me.

Do you struggle with understanding the rules, is that it?
[Post edited 5 Feb 2015 18:45]

Firstly, I think even hardy rugby fans struggle with the rules! That is half the problem.

Secondly, the 'Welshness' that I refer to, is, forced upon us both socially and within the media. Look, I am as Welsh as it gets, but, everything about the event that is rugby quite frankly embarrasses me, because I am Welsh. That makes me no less Welsh than the next Welshman, it is just my line of thought. We live in a country that looks down on people who dislike rugby, why? It's a minority sport, that means nothing to a vast amount of people, and the more it is forced upon us (people such as me) then the more it will be disliked.

By the way, I'm not having a go at people who enjoy it, each to their own, I understand the importance of the game tomorrow, but, just because I don't give a s--t about the result, does not make me any less Welsh than a daffodil wearing fan in the Millennium Stadium tomorrow evening. I
[Post edited 5 Feb 2015 23:57]
Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 23:40 - Feb 5 with 1716 viewsKilkennyjack

I hope Cymru smash the Saes every time. Always will.

Beware of the Risen People

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 23:53 - Feb 5 with 1706 viewskopperburgjack

What an absolute load of wool!

If you don't support a club team or actually have a passion for it, then how can you just pretend to support Wales for the day? Rugby is going to be blown out of business soon, simple as that

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 00:23 - Feb 6 with 1690 viewsApeShit

I'll be staying indoors, it brings out the most hideous people.
Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 06:54 - Feb 6 with 1631 viewsSwansNZ

I certainly hope Wales smashes England. That does not me less of a Swans fan.

I don't hate any sport. There are sports I don't watch, but I'd still want Wales to beat England in those.

Looks to me like a few here have chips on their shoulders, maybe being forced to play rugby at school or the Welsh media coverage - get over it and support your country.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 08:23 - Feb 6 with 1603 viewsstevethejack

A Wales win - the media go crazy and they are the best in the world and will win everything from the rugby world cup to the Superbowl, Americas Cup and the Nobel Peace Prize.

An England win - means nothing to me, turn over the newspaper page.

I won't be watching it so I couldn't care less.

Annoyed that my Friday poker night in the pub will be a nightmare and will probably mean I'll miss out on it.
Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 08:33 - Feb 6 with 1598 viewsmbl1966

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 23:32 - Feb 5 by rob

Firstly, I think even hardy rugby fans struggle with the rules! That is half the problem.

Secondly, the 'Welshness' that I refer to, is, forced upon us both socially and within the media. Look, I am as Welsh as it gets, but, everything about the event that is rugby quite frankly embarrasses me, because I am Welsh. That makes me no less Welsh than the next Welshman, it is just my line of thought. We live in a country that looks down on people who dislike rugby, why? It's a minority sport, that means nothing to a vast amount of people, and the more it is forced upon us (people such as me) then the more it will be disliked.

By the way, I'm not having a go at people who enjoy it, each to their own, I understand the importance of the game tomorrow, but, just because I don't give a s--t about the result, does not make me any less Welsh than a daffodil wearing fan in the Millennium Stadium tomorrow evening. I

I think you'd be surprised how many actually do understand the rules. Each year, typically, there will be the odd change, but these changes are quickly understood.

My point is though is not that you have got the right to love or loath the sport, you have every right to make up your own mind. But to state that you want Wales to lose! Even wanting the Swans to win 3 measly points more than beat the English is unbelievable! The Swans have 38 opportunities to win those 3 points every year which mean NOTHING to the English collectively. A Swans victory is little more annoying to the English than being buzzed by a bug in the summer. But beat them at rugby once a year!! Now that means they winge and make excuses for the entire year. The only time I would agree with the entire '3points' thing is if it were the last game of the season and we needed those 3points to stay up.

I've lived in England for nearly 30 years and prefer the English 'bad losers' to the English 'bad winners' any day.

Strangely, the daffodil wearing idiots referred too on here are just seen as people enjoying themselves by the English. That said, this then seems to be your (and a few others on here) problem with not wanting people to enjoy themselves the way they see fit. I now await the odd person saying I'm wrong as they once talked to a guy from Bristol etc etc.

Top Mark

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 08:42 - Feb 6 with 1595 viewsWarwickHunt

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 10:49 - Feb 5 by kopperburgjack

Don't give a sh1t about rugby there's no passion in it anymore, football will blow it out of business in years to come. In fact I want England to win just so that there won't be as many rugby idiots in town on weekend

80,000 at Twickenham for a club game. Big sponsorship because of the demographic of rugby fans, ditto advertising revenue.

It's getting bigger not smaller.
Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 08:45 - Feb 6 with 1592 viewsPonderosa

As I've got older I've grown to enjoy the rugby a lot more than I used to. The only things I object to is the notion that rugby is our national sport and that just because I'm Welsh everybody I speak to across the border assumes I'm a die hard egger. Small gripes in the grand scale of things

Bring The Missus

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 08:47 - Feb 6 with 1590 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Do you care who wins tomorrow? on 23:32 - Feb 5 by rob

Apparently it's a condition of being entitled to call yourself welsh. Like accepting that all money and resources should be pumped into Cardiff.

Surely ones identity extends to more than just wearing a red shirt, hating England and all things English and getting so drunk you go home and start knocking the wife around? All for two months of the year?

And as for the pink cowboy hat parade, that sums it all up for me. The Mill Stad is the new Barron's, surely?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024