Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gomis 21:29 - Feb 11 with 16257 viewstwotimejack

I hope to god he proves me wrong, but what a fuking donkey, no pace, absolutely shit 1st touch and terrible at turning with the ball, like i said i hope I'm proved wrong but what a let down he has been so far.

Poll: Is Garry the right man to take the club on to the next level

Gomis on 09:53 - Mar 17 with 2932 viewsjackrabbit

Gomis on 09:39 - Mar 17 by dobjack2

As our main striker his job is to score goals. He isn't doing that. Relying on him to be our main striker next year would be extremely dangerous.

'Dangerous' doesn't do it justice. Relying on midfield to score ALL our goals would lead to inevitable relegation. We must do better in the summer. Now if Sunderland go down and Defoe became available....
Gomis on 09:57 - Mar 17 with 2925 viewsjack247

Gomis on 09:39 - Mar 17 by dobjack2

As our main striker his job is to score goals. He isn't doing that. Relying on him to be our main striker next year would be extremely dangerous.

Yes it would. Having a striker that doesn't score many is ok if:

He holds the ball up and brings others into play exceptionally well.
We have 4 or 5 players likely to get 10 goals or so from midfield or the wings.

Don't really tick either box at the moment.
Gomis on 10:04 - Mar 17 with 2904 viewsJackSomething

Gomis on 09:53 - Mar 17 by jackrabbit

'Dangerous' doesn't do it justice. Relying on midfield to score ALL our goals would lead to inevitable relegation. We must do better in the summer. Now if Sunderland go down and Defoe became available....

Aye, let's replace one disappointing striker with another who:

- Almost certainly can't do the job needed as a lone striker in our system
- Will be 33 in October
- Has scored 3 goals in his last 22 Premier League games
- Is on £80k per week at Sunderland

I'm sure we'll replace Gomis in the summer, but I am hopeful it will be more of a Mitrovic type signing. Someone young and promising, not an over the hill mercenary.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Gomis on 10:04 - Mar 17 with 2903 viewsdcd14

As previously mentioned we've been spoilt with strikers being in the PL.

Gomis is struggling but its not for a lack of effort, he came close twice again yesterday.

All this call for Gorre is quite frightening, the boy is playing in an U21 league and if good enough I'd hope the coaches/manager etc would have seen fit to integrate him into the squad already.

The relying on Gomis next season will lead to inevitable relegation is also bollox, Monk/Jenkins are not blind they see what we see and I have no doubt that come the summer we will look at add a striker(s).

Rather than get on players backs all the time and slate just support and enjoy, there's more to life than football.
Gomis on 10:19 - Mar 17 with 2875 viewsMusical_Swan

A bit of an enigma for me. Works hard, has a decent touch, can be strong and got a decent strike on him when he catches it. However decent doesn't cut it at this level.

Have been hoping for improvement now he's playing regular with the team but just don't see it. He still seems to take the wrong options with linking up, flicks when he'd be better off holding up and vice versa, shooting when there's a pass on on passing when there isn't.

Most infuriating for me though is when he holds the ball up when we're under pressure. He seems to drop so deep with it and ignore any runners going off him, that it inevitably leads to the only pass being available is to a center half or the keeper. This makes it nearly impossible to build on, and eradicates any chance of a counter attack and we inevitably end up giving the ball away and putting ourselves under more pressure. For me this was the strongest part of Bonys game, maybe we've just been spoilt recently.

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

Gomis on 11:18 - Mar 17 with 2766 viewsDewi1jack

I've defended Bafe, hoping he'll improve with game time.
I'm having to say sorry I got it wrong for a lot of the reasons that have been posted (not the slagging off, but the genuine ones.)
Still hoping he'll come good.
Will still defend every one of our whole squad against the boo boys, who IMHO, should fuk off from the stadium for good.
Ah well. Onwards and upwards.
Pretty sure we'll see a new striker or 2 arrive in the summer. Far too much money at stake for our share sellers, sorry, those looking for investment (in their bank accounts!!) to risk not getting them in.
Defo been spoiled by having Will here. Hope City will loan him back to us next season (or sell for about £10 million) and we get someone like Mitrovic in as well

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Gomis on 11:46 - Mar 17 with 2743 viewsjackrabbit

Gomis on 10:04 - Mar 17 by JackSomething

Aye, let's replace one disappointing striker with another who:

- Almost certainly can't do the job needed as a lone striker in our system
- Will be 33 in October
- Has scored 3 goals in his last 22 Premier League games
- Is on £80k per week at Sunderland

I'm sure we'll replace Gomis in the summer, but I am hopeful it will be more of a Mitrovic type signing. Someone young and promising, not an over the hill mercenary.

Yeah if he demanded £80k a week that would not classify as 'available'. On your other points though, I would only state the old adage 'form is temporary, class is permanent'. He's undoubtably got class, viz: his goal against us, but has been struggling in a poor team. He could do a job for us....if the price were right. It would mean a change of style but that wouldn't be a bad thing.

Oh and he's better than what we've got!
Gomis on 12:05 - Mar 17 with 2718 viewsfootball2301

Gomis on 10:04 - Mar 17 by dcd14

As previously mentioned we've been spoilt with strikers being in the PL.

Gomis is struggling but its not for a lack of effort, he came close twice again yesterday.

All this call for Gorre is quite frightening, the boy is playing in an U21 league and if good enough I'd hope the coaches/manager etc would have seen fit to integrate him into the squad already.

The relying on Gomis next season will lead to inevitable relegation is also bollox, Monk/Jenkins are not blind they see what we see and I have no doubt that come the summer we will look at add a striker(s).

Rather than get on players backs all the time and slate just support and enjoy, there's more to life than football.

no there aint
Login to get fewer ads

Gomis on 12:11 - Mar 17 with 2702 viewshobo

Gomis on 08:30 - Mar 17 by latchford

Surely Gorre deserves a chance now?

Instead of who? Gorre is a winger
Gomis on 12:12 - Mar 17 with 2700 viewshobo

As for Gomis, thought he had a very good game last night and was unlucky not to score
Gomis on 12:14 - Mar 17 with 2694 viewsmonmouth

I thought he looked quite 'bonyish' last night. Good shot good header, couple of quick turns and blocked shots, touch of a concrete rhino with a club foot when facing the wrong way. he's all we've got for the next 9 games and I was more encouraged than previously. That is not to say ecstatic, because, yes, I just don't like the frogger.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Gomis on 12:26 - Mar 17 with 2680 viewsDrizzy

I thought he was outstanding in the first half along with the rest of the team. Looked sharp, linked up well with the midfield and had some good efforts on goal and was unlucky not to score.

Then he reverted back to his usual self in the second half and a big reason for Liverpool's sustained pressure and possession was Gomis' complete inability to hold up the ball. Almost every time the ball came to him, Sakho and Skrtel brushed him aside. He has good ball control to be fair but it's not good enough to evade pressure from more than one player. People talk about him playing off the shoulder yet I've seen no evidence of any kind of pace to stretch a defense.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Gomis on 13:07 - Mar 17 with 2633 viewsScoobyWho

Worked hard, achieved fck all again. Thats Gomis.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Gomis on 10:04 - Mar 31 with 2457 viewsdcd14

Gomis on 08:30 - Mar 17 by latchford

Surely Gorre deserves a chance now?

Gorre was one of the better players last night....but first team absolutely miles off.

Winger not a striker to boot.
Gomis on 11:38 - Mar 31 with 2380 viewsdailew

I make it that Bony's goals have gained us 5 pts this season whereas Gomis's have gained us 6.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Gomis on 12:21 - Mar 31 with 2329 viewsmonmouth

Gomis on 11:38 - Mar 31 by dailew

I make it that Bony's goals have gained us 5 pts this season whereas Gomis's have gained us 6.

9 aint it Dai? Lucky obviously, but that JJS shot would have been saved by De Gea. Actually you could say 10 with the WHU OG which was basically all his own work.

That's not the issue though...it's his startling ineptitude with his feet it superb positions to score more. Hopefully after Villa, that will start coming right. He also doesn't bring what Bony did to the team....the Bony/Sigurdsson axis was superb and would have improved. Siggy has basically turned into OTJ with a free kick capacity since Bony left.

Or are we talking the 'extra' points in those games as we already had one in the three wins?
[Post edited 31 Mar 2015 12:22]

Gomis on 12:32 - Mar 31 with 2302 viewsBalhamSwan

Are the people praising his effort and lack of the goals the same people who hated Jason Scotland when he 'made no effort' but banged in 30?
Gomis on 12:35 - Mar 31 with 2297 viewsdailew

Gomis on 12:21 - Mar 31 by monmouth

9 aint it Dai? Lucky obviously, but that JJS shot would have been saved by De Gea. Actually you could say 10 with the WHU OG which was basically all his own work.

That's not the issue though...it's his startling ineptitude with his feet it superb positions to score more. Hopefully after Villa, that will start coming right. He also doesn't bring what Bony did to the team....the Bony/Sigurdsson axis was superb and would have improved. Siggy has basically turned into OTJ with a free kick capacity since Bony left.

Or are we talking the 'extra' points in those games as we already had one in the three wins?
[Post edited 31 Mar 2015 12:22]

I make it we gained two points for each of his goals v Arse, Villa away, and Manure home.

Would have drawn those games without his goals.

IIRC. Bony's goals gained us surprisingly few points last year. A lot of his goals were "redundant". e.g. v Manure home.

Obviously not saying I prefer Bony to Gomis but things aren't as clear-cut as people think.

Pts per game before Bony left 1.45 after 1.40. Many predicted us to struggle but we haven't.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Gomis on 12:41 - Mar 31 with 2282 viewsmonmouth

Gomis on 12:35 - Mar 31 by dailew

I make it we gained two points for each of his goals v Arse, Villa away, and Manure home.

Would have drawn those games without his goals.

IIRC. Bony's goals gained us surprisingly few points last year. A lot of his goals were "redundant". e.g. v Manure home.

Obviously not saying I prefer Bony to Gomis but things aren't as clear-cut as people think.

Pts per game before Bony left 1.45 after 1.40. Many predicted us to struggle but we haven't.

You need to e-mail Shearer and co to stop them trotting out the same old sh1t every week.

Gomis on 12:41 - Mar 31 with 2282 viewsDafyddHuw

Gomis on 10:04 - Mar 31 by dcd14

Gorre was one of the better players last night....but first team absolutely miles off.

Winger not a striker to boot.

Really? Saw nothing of Gorre 2nd half. Thought he was a big disappointment and way off a starting place in the Prem.

Gomis is a good un for me. Does a lot of the donkey work that goes unnoticed. Shot himself in the foot with his public outburst and didn't endear himself to the faithful.

Strange how the thread is split 50/50 for/against him. Only goes to show that good strikers like Wilf are rare as hen's teeth, and when you get one then you should do all you can to hang on to him.
Gomis on 17:05 - Apr 4 with 2101 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

*titter*

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Gomis on 18:24 - Apr 4 with 1913 viewsBloodyhills

Gomis on 17:05 - Apr 4 by FearOfAJackPlanet

*titter*

Nice to see him start to play with confidence.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Gomis on 18:40 - Apr 4 with 1850 viewshobo

Gomis on 17:05 - Apr 4 by FearOfAJackPlanet

*titter*

Nice. I enjoyed reading through the thread, some terrible comments
Gomis on 18:58 - Apr 4 with 1800 viewsjackrabbit

Gomis on 18:40 - Apr 4 by hobo

Yeah some of those comments were attributable to me, and at the time were quite valid. Now I am only too happy to eat humble pie and applaud the 3 excellent goals he has scored in the last 2 games. Nothing proved the importance of confidence than his 2nd goal today. Cool, calm and collected - would he have scored that goal a month ago? No way.

Well done Bafe. You've now arrived. I bet he gets a few more now this season.
Gomis on 23:18 - Apr 4 with 1570 viewsScoobyWho

Gomis on 18:40 - Apr 4 by hobo

He deserved deserved all he got. Banging his greedy gums when the two t is on 68 odd grand a week. I don't care if he is a swans player, and I don't care if he scores tweny five goals a game he is and always will be a pr1ck for his unnecessary behaviour.

Now, on to his contribution on the pitch, marvellous, a joy to watch today, and it's nice to see him enjoying his football. For a pr ick that is 👍

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024