Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gomis 21:29 - Feb 11 with 16261 viewstwotimejack

I hope to god he proves me wrong, but what a fuking donkey, no pace, absolutely shit 1st touch and terrible at turning with the ball, like i said i hope I'm proved wrong but what a let down he has been so far.

Poll: Is Garry the right man to take the club on to the next level

Gomis on 22:07 - Mar 16 with 2329 viewsjackrabbit

I think it's time to start replacing Gomis earlier in the game. He does some good things but ultimately he lives up to my first impressions of him - toothless. He certainly does not do enough to justify 90 minutes on the pitch. Barring a Shelvey wonder goal, a Siggy wonder free kick, or a Ki flick having ghosted around the back, there was no way we'd score tonight second half. Absolutely nothing in the final third.
Gomis on 22:08 - Mar 16 with 2319 viewsPozuelosSideys

Gomis on 22:03 - Mar 16 by Nogginthenog

Wrong, he was dross again.

Nope. Youre wrong.

He made good runs, pressurised the defence well, held the ball up extremely well, laid the ball off and brought others in to play. Ran himself in to the ground. In a team of good performances, his was the stand out for me.

Didnt get a clear chance as we didnt create any.

Sadly now hes already screwed with some.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Gomis on 22:10 - Mar 16 with 2307 viewstwotimejack

Gomis on 22:07 - Mar 16 by jackrabbit

I think it's time to start replacing Gomis earlier in the game. He does some good things but ultimately he lives up to my first impressions of him - toothless. He certainly does not do enough to justify 90 minutes on the pitch. Barring a Shelvey wonder goal, a Siggy wonder free kick, or a Ki flick having ghosted around the back, there was no way we'd score tonight second half. Absolutely nothing in the final third.

Our 1st half performance was something else, but unfortunately Brenda's tactical changes killed the game 2nd half.

Gomis on 22:11 - Mar 16 with 2301 viewsAl_Bundy

Gomis on 22:10 - Mar 16 by twotimejack

Our 1st half performance was something else, but unfortunately Brenda's tactical changes killed the game 2nd half.

You mean won the game..
Gomis on 22:11 - Mar 16 with 2300 viewsNogginthenog

Gomis on 22:08 - Mar 16 by PozuelosSideys

Nope. Youre wrong.

He made good runs, pressurised the defence well, held the ball up extremely well, laid the ball off and brought others in to play. Ran himself in to the ground. In a team of good performances, his was the stand out for me.

He ran yes but his touch was poor he didn't hold the ball up well and he can't feckin score. He's not good enough. And while we are at it Taylor was absolute cack as well.
Gomis on 22:11 - Mar 16 with 2298 viewstwotimejack

Nope. Youre wrong.

Held the ball up well? Jesus Christ what game were you watching man.

Gomis on 22:12 - Mar 16 with 2292 viewsPozuelosSideys

Gomis on 22:11 - Mar 16 by twotimejack

Held the ball up well? Jesus Christ what game were you watching man.

Go watch it again and come back to me.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

Gomis on 22:12 - Mar 16 with 2290 viewsymaohyd

Gomis on 22:00 - Mar 16 by PozuelosSideys

Are you fcking nuts? Far and away Gomis' best performance. He was excellent today.

BBC Sport seem to back that up and hopefully before the end of the season his undoubted effort will reap its reward.

However, the club 'Monk, Jenkins, the board' need to have a long hard think about what the plan will be for next season. Keep, get rid, will anyone want to sign him, given 'faint gate' it's turning into an issue now.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Login to get fewer ads

Gomis on 22:13 - Mar 16 with 2279 viewsLeonisGod

Gomis on 22:07 - Mar 16 by jackrabbit

Especially with this new system with Siggy playing at the tip of the front three when we don't have posession. I actually think this system suits Gomis better than when he's up front on his own (how we ended up) where he's a poor shadow of wilf and can't get in the game.

You need something extra to make a difference, and much as I'd like Gomis to succeed I can't see where it's going to come from. Closer to Vasquez mk 2 than Wilf mk 2 at the moment. Tonight was never going to be easy though.
Gomis on 22:16 - Mar 16 with 2259 viewstwotimejack

Gomis on 22:12 - Mar 16 by PozuelosSideys

Go watch it again and come back to me.

No offence but I think you need to watch it again, yeah he held the ball up, and then quickly fell over his feet multiple times when attempting to turn with the ball.

Gomis on 22:23 - Mar 16 with 2214 viewsmarchamjack

Hope to God we have another centre forward next year not Gomis. Enough after tonight for me. Decent effort from him, but he's just not a 20 goal a season (or even 15) forward. Can't rely on him so hopefully the club are lining someone else up for next season. Such an important position we need better.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Gomis on 22:27 - Mar 16 with 2184 viewsperchrockjack

True but he is utterly a striker who can only play with another.

He s slow to take initiative but that probably confidence.

We are playing virtually with no strikers at all and in that regard it's fair to ask questions of monk.

Next season , we need three new attackers at the very least imo.

Defence is ok, as is midfield

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Gomis on 22:32 - Mar 16 with 2172 viewsjackrabbit

Gomis on 22:27 - Mar 16 by perchrockjack

True but he is utterly a striker who can only play with another.

He s slow to take initiative but that probably confidence.

We are playing virtually with no strikers at all and in that regard it's fair to ask questions of monk.

Next season , we need three new attackers at the very least imo.

Defence is ok, as is midfield

I agree with that. I made my mind up about Gomis at QPR on New Years Day. He had several clear cut chances that day and his shots each time were powderpuff. The only goals he's scored with his feet have been against Tranmere in the Cup. His 2 goals in the PL have both been headers. I wonder will he ever score with a shot in the Premier League? Tonight I would have swapped him for Emnes or Dyer with about 1/2 hour left at least. Emnes and Oliveira deserve more game time at Gomis's expense. Gomis spends more time on his arse than on his feet. His balance and strength on the ball are dreadful.
Gomis on 22:33 - Mar 16 with 2165 viewsLeonisGod

Nope. Youre wrong.

He ran his socks of and linked up pretty well first half. But he's no game changer and clearly not prolific. Having said that he is probably the 4th best PL striker we've had (1. Wilf, 2. Michu playing CF, 3. DG10, 4. Gomis). There's something there, but I'm starting to think it's just the shadow of what he was. I'd love to be proved wrong though.
Gomis on 22:36 - Mar 16 with 2152 viewsDr_Winston

Couple of loose touches early doors but tightened them up considerably as the game went on. One header cleared off the line (again) and a shot saved smartly on top of a good workrate and it's absolutely no surprise to see the people having a go.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Gomis on 22:37 - Mar 16 with 2138 viewsPozuelosSideys

Gomis on 22:33 - Mar 16 by LeonisGod

He ran his socks of and linked up pretty well first half. But he's no game changer and clearly not prolific. Having said that he is probably the 4th best PL striker we've had (1. Wilf, 2. Michu playing CF, 3. DG10, 4. Gomis). There's something there, but I'm starting to think it's just the shadow of what he was. I'd love to be proved wrong though.

Hes not prolific, no, and he never will be, i agree. But its unlikely many strikers we'll be able to bring in ever will be. Monks system just wont allow for that unless you get worldies like Michu and Bony in. We have been treated with those two and theyre the benchmark. Tough ones to follow tbh.

Gomis has been garbage to date, but if he can perform and bring others in to play and then create, then thats definitely a player to work with.

Gomis on 22:56 - Mar 16 with 2071 viewstomdickharry

For the £SD we are paying Gomis he is a very poor investment,please no we had him on a free, irrespective of this he is costing us serious,serious money.
Gomis on 23:06 - Mar 16 with 2041 viewsjackportis

Donkey

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Gomis on 01:46 - Mar 17 with 1914 viewsJJJack

Nope. Youre wrong.

I agree. In general I tend to prefer to read neutral's observations rather than idiots' versions. The Liverpool Echo said Gomis played like Didier Drogba in the 1st half and ran 'Pool ragged. Which is how I saw it. 2nd half.....sod all support , barely anyone within 30yds of him most of the time. He could not have done much more in my opinion. As for people saying he "barely tried" or "barely ran", Jesus Christ how wrong can you be....?!
Gomis on 04:55 - Mar 17 with 1877 viewsYoungGun

Gomis gave 100 % no doubt and the first half was so entertaining watch but no goal and the cf gotta score man! How many matches now and it doesn't seem Gomis is one of the cf's who picks up easy goals. On the contrary all of his attempts seem difficult. It seems every time the ball goes to him he has to struggle even to keep it let alone make a shot. Maybe his style and the team don't gel.
Gomis on 07:06 - Mar 17 with 1832 viewstwotimejack

Gomis on 01:46 - Mar 17 by JJJack

I agree. In general I tend to prefer to read neutral's observations rather than idiots' versions. The Liverpool Echo said Gomis played like Didier Drogba in the 1st half and ran 'Pool ragged. Which is how I saw it. 2nd half.....sod all support , barely anyone within 30yds of him most of the time. He could not have done much more in my opinion. As for people saying he "barely tried" or "barely ran", Jesus Christ how wrong can you be....?!

"He could not have done much more in my opinion" well that just about sums up your knowledge then.
Where have people said he barely tried or ran?
Yeah he was like drogba ok.

Gomis on 07:28 - Mar 17 with 1805 viewsjack247

He does the donkey work fine, leads the line, always in the right position, always a physical threat.

His close control isn't good enough, he can normally escape the first man, but after that he concentrates so hard on the ball, he loses awareness of who is around him and gets pick pocketed quite easily.

My biggest frustration with him though is he is too much of a blouse to take the responsibility of having a shot or running at defenders, he is far too keen to play a little 3 yard lay off to someone who is not in a better position rather than have a go himself. He did have one pretty tame shot in the first half, but only becasue he was put through and had no one to pass too. Even then he should have backed himself to drive a bit closer to goal and hammer it.

In a way he reminds me of Bayo. A real physical handful, but namby pamby in front of goal without the confidence to just let one rip every now and then.
Gomis on 08:30 - Mar 17 with 1728 viewslatchford

Surely Gorre deserves a chance now?
Gomis on 09:04 - Mar 17 with 1685 viewsicecoldjack

Gomis did ok for me. Not classy enough to come close to wilf or michu but he did ok overall.

The big problem imo is that he looks done and dusted around the 70 min mark . Last night I noticed him looking at the bench when both subs were being made kind of hoping his number was on it

He works hard but seems to run on empty towards the end of the game and monk seems scared to take him off.

Overall like I've said before I think gomis struggles with the power and pace of the premier league
Gomis on 09:39 - Mar 17 with 1644 viewsdobjack2

As our main striker his job is to score goals. He isn't doing that. Relying on him to be our main striker next year would be extremely dangerous.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024