Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well that wasn't much fun, was it? 22:08 - Mar 24 with 6857 views442Dale

Where to start... The injuries didn't help and the pitch was rubbish, but don't let that mask a poor display and some mystifying tactical choices.

The game was lost as soon as we stuck Lancashire on at right back when there were other options available (Tanser or Bunney on the left and Rose back into central midfield - he'd gone left after Allen went off). Lancashire was visibly uncomfortable throughout, just as he was at Fleetwood, and the second half became a non-event down that side as he offered no threat whereas Cannon is always an outlet.

Deciding to go without a centre forward after the break and putting Henderson on the left did mean we kept the ball a bit more centrally, but there was nothing in the box until after they had won the game at 3-0. Again, it'd be interesting to hear the thinking behind that choice as it achieved little apart from create a running battle between our captain and their full back.

Jones should be dropped now, Lillis has to play at Preston so at least give him a vote of confidence by playing him on Saturday too. There is very little between them as keepers and at least Lillis is our player.

Cannon man of the match, never stopped running and trying to rescue something from a game we were never going to rescue.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2015 22:10]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 22:12 - Mar 24 with 4823 viewsShun

Ridiculously bad, especially in defence. That was a Boardman and McArdle-esque display at the back. And that is not even an exaggeration.

Agree that the game was lost when Lancashire came on, although Cannon looked ok in midfield. RNL was utterly anonymous. Allen looked ok, that's about it.

Edit:. Just because I remembered how comically embarrassing that third goal was.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2015 22:14]
Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 22:15 - Mar 24 with 4775 viewszxcvbnm

I'd keep with Jones, Lillis is continuously incompetent. It'd be knee-jerk to replace him on one bad performance

The defensive display tonight though was crazily poor. Eastham had a mare, Lancashire is no full back.

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 22:15 - Mar 24 with 4773 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 22:12 - Mar 24 by Shun

Ridiculously bad, especially in defence. That was a Boardman and McArdle-esque display at the back. And that is not even an exaggeration.

Agree that the game was lost when Lancashire came on, although Cannon looked ok in midfield. RNL was utterly anonymous. Allen looked ok, that's about it.

Edit:. Just because I remembered how comically embarrassing that third goal was.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2015 22:14]

Allen's not ok though is he........gone to hospital for a checkup?
Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 22:17 - Mar 24 with 4728 viewsdale_spotland

The pitch wasn't the best but probably better than ours is at the minute so don't think we can use that one.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 22:17 - Mar 24 with 4723 viewsD_Alien

No, it wasn't. I posted on Saturday that we needed to steer clear of injuries and have some luck go our way. Well, the injuries came in droves tonight, but Dawson shouldn't have started after not being recovered from Saturday, so you make your own luck. He could be out for some time now. Senseless.

None of the injuries can account for poor decisions and slack defending. For the second time this season we made Oldham look really good and fair play to them, they took full advantage. For the first time in a very long time I left early.

The one bright spark was Cannon. He looked even better in midfield than he's done at fullback. And I agree about Lillis being given his chance again before the Preston game. I had faith in Jones but tonight he showed he's not the answer.

Bennett had another poor game and I think he needs to dig deep and give himself a rocket before he takes the field again, because he's becoming a liability in front of the back four.

We're a long way short of being playoff material on that showing.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 22:21 - Mar 24 with 4663 viewsJimmyRustler

I'll personally drag Jones off in a headlock if he ever plays for us again.
Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 22:22 - Mar 24 with 4635 viewszxcvbnm

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 22:21 - Mar 24 by JimmyRustler

I'll personally drag Jones off in a headlock if he ever plays for us again.

I'll watch for that on Saturday then when he starts.

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 22:25 - Mar 24 with 4582 viewsJimmyRustler

He folded like a deck of cards tonight.

My 4 year old could have held onto that tame effort for the first goal.

My 2 year old would have cleared that ball for the second goal instead of tapping it out to the right.

My dead tortoise would have been out swifter for their third ballerinaesque waltz through our defence.
Login to get fewer ads

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 22:27 - Mar 24 with 4534 viewsGhanaDale

Managed to record a quick video of our defending tonight for their 3rd goal.

www.facebook.com/projectaura

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 22:27 - Mar 24 with 4507 viewszxcvbnm

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 22:25 - Mar 24 by JimmyRustler

He folded like a deck of cards tonight.

My 4 year old could have held onto that tame effort for the first goal.

My 2 year old would have cleared that ball for the second goal instead of tapping it out to the right.

My dead tortoise would have been out swifter for their third ballerinaesque waltz through our defence.

Thats what I like about you Jimmy always so positive.

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 22:30 - Mar 24 with 4464 viewsJimmyRustler

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 22:27 - Mar 24 by zxcvbnm

Thats what I like about you Jimmy always so positive.

I do try my best to be uplifting!
Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 22:36 - Mar 24 with 4350 viewsD_Alien

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 22:30 - Mar 24 by JimmyRustler

I do try my best to be uplifting!

You big girls bra

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 22:39 - Mar 24 with 4306 viewsJimmyRustler

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 22:36 - Mar 24 by D_Alien

You big girls bra

I'm blushing.

Cannon to CM.

Bennett to RB.

RNL to the free agents list.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2015 22:39]
Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 22:40 - Mar 24 with 4282 viewszxcvbnm

Rafferty's fit so he could come back in

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 22:41 - Mar 24 with 4264 viewsJimmyRustler

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 22:40 - Mar 24 by zxcvbnm

Rafferty's fit so he could come back in

I know tonight was bad but let's not get giddy.
Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 22:46 - Mar 24 with 4184 viewsNinco

With all these injuries, are they doing something wrong in training or something? They've employed a fitness and conditioning coach, which is something which many previous Dale managers have not had the luxury of, but we don't seem to be any better off as we still have a bad injury record.
Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 22:52 - Mar 24 with 4106 viewsD_Alien

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 22:46 - Mar 24 by Ninco

With all these injuries, are they doing something wrong in training or something? They've employed a fitness and conditioning coach, which is something which many previous Dale managers have not had the luxury of, but we don't seem to be any better off as we still have a bad injury record.

You can have as many coaches as you want, but if you make poor decisions like taking the field with two players carrying injuries - Dawson & Vincenti - you've just wasted their wages

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 22:56 - Mar 24 with 4061 views442Dale

What was the story with Vincenti? There are posts in the match thread mentioning him being injured beforehand.

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 23:01 - Mar 24 with 4000 viewsGhanaDale

Embarrassing comments, does he really expect a team that's dicked us 3-0 twice in the same season to give us any sort of respect?

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 23:02 - Mar 24 with 3998 viewsBrighouseDale

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 22:39 - Mar 24 by JimmyRustler

I'm blushing.

Cannon to CM.

Bennett to RB.

RNL to the free agents list.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2015 22:39]

Agree about RNL, has he done anything remarkable for us whatsoever? Whitey promised us glimpses of brilliance but it's yet to be seen.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 23:06 - Mar 24 with 3954 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Keith has put a net ban on players apparently - not sure if true so dont shoot the messenger :)

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 23:07 - Mar 24 with 3921 views442Dale

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 23:02 - Mar 24 by BrighouseDale

Agree about RNL, has he done anything remarkable for us whatsoever? Whitey promised us glimpses of brilliance but it's yet to be seen.

His goal at MK.

He's got something about him but it probably needs a consistent run in the team to bring it out. Not sure that will happen.

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 23:10 - Mar 24 with 3889 viewsGhanaDale

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 23:06 - Mar 24 by Thacks_Rabbits

Keith has put a net ban on players apparently - not sure if true so dont shoot the messenger :)

Rose & Bunney have already been on Twitter so doubtful.

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 23:20 - Mar 24 with 3815 viewssweetcorn

I didn't honestly think these players could play that bad, but WOW.

It hurt tonight, not because it's oldham, but its one of our magic games in hand which give us that passage into the play-offs and we've wasted it with little fight.

Rose in midfield is a liability, you can defend him all you want, but he just doesn't have the skillset to be a midfielder, he's too slow in possession and is actually very poor at passing and to be honest, he's a liability in there. cannon should be starting ahead of him there everytime, yet another talented player from our youth system who looked every bit a league one central midfielder.

I don't ever want to see lancashire at full back either, he's even less a RB than Rose is a midfielder.

Don't want to be too overcritical because its a one off game and our fate is still very much in our hands, but to pay £22 to see a performance like that served up is hard to swallow.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? (n/t) on 23:27 - Mar 24 with 3768 viewsanimal8

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 23:20 - Mar 24 by sweetcorn

I didn't honestly think these players could play that bad, but WOW.

It hurt tonight, not because it's oldham, but its one of our magic games in hand which give us that passage into the play-offs and we've wasted it with little fight.

Rose in midfield is a liability, you can defend him all you want, but he just doesn't have the skillset to be a midfielder, he's too slow in possession and is actually very poor at passing and to be honest, he's a liability in there. cannon should be starting ahead of him there everytime, yet another talented player from our youth system who looked every bit a league one central midfielder.

I don't ever want to see lancashire at full back either, he's even less a RB than Rose is a midfielder.

Don't want to be too overcritical because its a one off game and our fate is still very much in our hands, but to pay £22 to see a performance like that served up is hard to swallow.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024