Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well that wasn't much fun, was it? 22:08 - Mar 24 with 6959 views442Dale

Where to start... The injuries didn't help and the pitch was rubbish, but don't let that mask a poor display and some mystifying tactical choices.

The game was lost as soon as we stuck Lancashire on at right back when there were other options available (Tanser or Bunney on the left and Rose back into central midfield - he'd gone left after Allen went off). Lancashire was visibly uncomfortable throughout, just as he was at Fleetwood, and the second half became a non-event down that side as he offered no threat whereas Cannon is always an outlet.

Deciding to go without a centre forward after the break and putting Henderson on the left did mean we kept the ball a bit more centrally, but there was nothing in the box until after they had won the game at 3-0. Again, it'd be interesting to hear the thinking behind that choice as it achieved little apart from create a running battle between our captain and their full back.

Jones should be dropped now, Lillis has to play at Preston so at least give him a vote of confidence by playing him on Saturday too. There is very little between them as keepers and at least Lillis is our player.

Cannon man of the match, never stopped running and trying to rescue something from a game we were never going to rescue.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2015 22:10]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 23:31 - Mar 24 with 2084 viewsdingdangblue

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 23:01 - Mar 24 by GhanaDale

Embarrassing comments, does he really expect a team that's dicked us 3-0 twice in the same season to give us any sort of respect?

Its not embarrassing - we've dicked Crawley twice and Crewe twice and don't remember them complaining we taunted them? Obviously words have been said and Hill isn't happy. There is a correct way to win and lose.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 23:32 - Mar 24 with 2075 viewsJimmyRustler

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 23:31 - Mar 24 by dingdangblue

Its not embarrassing - we've dicked Crawley twice and Crewe twice and don't remember them complaining we taunted them? Obviously words have been said and Hill isn't happy. There is a correct way to win and lose.

Hill's from the Mourinho school of deflection. He knows what he's doing
Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 23:47 - Mar 24 with 2001 viewsArthurDaley

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 23:20 - Mar 24 by sweetcorn

I didn't honestly think these players could play that bad, but WOW.

It hurt tonight, not because it's oldham, but its one of our magic games in hand which give us that passage into the play-offs and we've wasted it with little fight.

Rose in midfield is a liability, you can defend him all you want, but he just doesn't have the skillset to be a midfielder, he's too slow in possession and is actually very poor at passing and to be honest, he's a liability in there. cannon should be starting ahead of him there everytime, yet another talented player from our youth system who looked every bit a league one central midfielder.

I don't ever want to see lancashire at full back either, he's even less a RB than Rose is a midfielder.

Don't want to be too overcritical because its a one off game and our fate is still very much in our hands, but to pay £22 to see a performance like that served up is hard to swallow.

I was peed off having to pay £12, so it doesn't seem to bad now.
It will all be forgotten by Saturday.

A large VAT Dave

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 00:10 - Mar 25 with 1922 viewssandylaner1

Painful night, forget that its oldham just the manner of the defeat hurts most. 3 of our most influential players off injured never really allowing us to settle in the game and have a sustained period of pressure. lancashire at right back was just the nail in the coffin

henderson best player on the pitch first half, knew the game was gone at half time after he moved out to the left and we played a false striker (anyone?)

the back 5 for each of the goals were at fault, appalling goals to concede

cannon MOM - showed real maturity in his performance tonight

cannon starts in midfield ahead of michael rose every day of the week for me

pls get well soon allen, vincenti & dawson
Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 00:12 - Mar 25 with 1918 viewsRalphs12

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 23:01 - Mar 24 by GhanaDale

Embarrassing comments, does he really expect a team that's dicked us 3-0 twice in the same season to give us any sort of respect?

That's a snippet of his post match interview in which he goes on to say "....when you have a backbone like the players we have here you get a back lash from this sort of taunting."

Not as "embarrassing" as the reporter wants it to look.

Oh and don't worry he also said the supporters of this club are tremendous.
Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 01:01 - Mar 25 with 1853 viewsDaley_Lama

The game changed for me purely when Peter Vincenti went off.

I don't know his injury or whether it was related to the arial challenge but 2+2.

Dale were the dominant team up until that point. I'm not saying that we were the more likely to score, but we possessed more, controlled more but Oldham offered the bigger goal threat.

Cracking shot that hit the bar and a chance in the first minute being the prime examples.

We all know what Peter V offers us both offensive and defensive and the decisive goal came from his wing. Jones spooned it undoubtedly and his hand up to the remaining Dale fans after the final whistle needs no further explanation.

The second goal was very annoying. Not the goal itself, the dithering before it. Oldham had been constantly penned back in their own half for the whole of the second half until this point, we not only gave them relief through dithering but a throw in in our half which they eventually scored from.

The third goal? There's nothing one can say really.

We lost 3-0 but up to the Peter V injury were the confident team and for those that stayed to the end, attacked until the very end with 10 v 11

There were numerous frustrated attempts from our players in the last 30, scuffed shots, crosses that didn't get met. When it's not your day....

Hope the injuries are short term.

Poll: DF in or out

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 08:03 - Mar 25 with 1589 viewsaleanddale

Bad Night when we looked second best from the first whistle.

Oldham could have been 1-0 up in 60 seconds as TK was left for dead - Oldham had a field day down there RHS first 20 minutes.

Cracking shot off the bar.. then we got some control and got back into the Game.

Vincenti going off I agree led to no outlet for us and Hendo battled all night with very little end result.

Then Allen off followed by Dawson. 3 of our best midfielders and the writing was on the wall.

Lancashire looks a shadow of a former league 2 player let alone league 1.

Cannon I thought did well in a tricky game to impress.

Pretty rubbish really and Hilly has his work cut out now for the final 9 games.

Would like to see a big strong 9 starting up top with Hendo. Bell is probably our best option with all the injuries we now have.

Preston Donny and Barnsley away look increasingly unattractive!!!

Anybody travelling to Gillingham from Rochdale ( there and back in day ) deserves huge respect or their sanity checking!.

On a positive note maye the injuries are not to serious although Dawson struggled to get off the field.

The PO says it wasn't much fun was it!! well i have to agree with that much!!.
Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 08:42 - Mar 25 with 1521 viewsnordenblue

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 08:03 - Mar 25 by aleanddale

Oldham could have been 1-0 up in 60 seconds as TK was left for dead - Oldham had a field day down there RHS first 20 minutes.

Cracking shot off the bar.. then we got some control and got back into the Game.

Vincenti going off I agree led to no outlet for us and Hendo battled all night with very little end result.

Then Allen off followed by Dawson. 3 of our best midfielders and the writing was on the wall.

Would like to see a big strong 9 starting up top with Hendo. Bell is probably our best option with all the injuries we now have.

Anybody travelling to Gillingham from Rochdale ( there and back in day ) deserves huge respect or their sanity checking!.

On a positive note maye the injuries are not to serious although Dawson struggled to get off the field.

As good and mobile as Hendo is he's certainly not going to run the line week in week out on his own. Why when we are chasing a game against a visibly poor team and terrible keeper do we persist in leaving him up front on his own isolated, i wouldnt mind pushing Bastien much further up the pitch as a front 2 even as technically hes worth a go and is capable of taking a defender on.
Login to get fewer ads

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 08:46 - Mar 25 with 1512 viewsoa85

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 08:42 - Mar 25 by nordenblue

As good and mobile as Hendo is he's certainly not going to run the line week in week out on his own. Why when we are chasing a game against a visibly poor team and terrible keeper do we persist in leaving him up front on his own isolated, i wouldnt mind pushing Bastien much further up the pitch as a front 2 even as technically hes worth a go and is capable of taking a defender on.

Not sure what your talking about, that was great fun!!!!!!!

Anyone seen tazzy?
Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 08:51 - Mar 25 with 1499 viewsParkinsGimp

Lancashire is a League 2 player , not good enough for this division. We havent got a number 9, we need a number 9 to lead the line, Bell isnt the answer. I also fear to watch , Camps and Logan back in the side. Camps may make it eventually but Logan should be looking at FC SCum of Manchester standard. RNL can feck off now and take Brandy with him. Just ride the last 9 games out , we are safe now , but we need improvement in the summer , definitely two new keepers cos these we have at moment are both shocking.
Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 09:19 - Mar 25 with 1458 viewsRosun

I think oldham are now the new Scunthorpe
Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 09:26 - Mar 25 with 1435 viewsdingdangblue

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 09:19 - Mar 25 by Rosun

I think oldham are now the new Scunthorpe

Certainly the 2nd,3rd,4th,5th and 1st letters.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 09:29 - Mar 25 with 1424 views442Dale

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 08:03 - Mar 25 by aleanddale

The point about Lancashire looking a shadow of the player he was comes down a lot to being played somewhere he obviously doesn't like. When our top scorer makes a better full back than a centre half it says a lot and it's down to the manager to realise who can play where.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 09:29 - Mar 25 with 1420 viewsmacro

Well that wasn't much fun, was it? on 08:51 - Mar 25 by ParkinsGimp

Lancashire is a League 2 player , not good enough for this division. We havent got a number 9, we need a number 9 to lead the line, Bell isnt the answer. I also fear to watch , Camps and Logan back in the side. Camps may make it eventually but Logan should be looking at FC SCum of Manchester standard. RNL can feck off now and take Brandy with him. Just ride the last 9 games out , we are safe now , but we need improvement in the summer , definitely two new keepers cos these we have at moment are both shocking.

Always a positive pleasure why don't you do a Logan
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024