Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blog by Dave Mc 12:09 - May 13 with 6592 viewsdaveB

Ouch!

The bit about Ramsey set to be the new manager won't be popular

https://davidmcintyre.wordpress.com/2015/05/13/a-decade-not-just-four-years-of-p
Blog by Dave Mc on 05:18 - May 14 with 1623 viewsWesty75

Dave can be a bit contrary but I don't think there are many Rangers fans who would argue with any of that. Sums things up very well.
Blog by Dave Mc on 05:22 - May 14 with 1621 viewsQPR_ARG

Great reading, that.

I always chat to Dave on Twitter/Facebook. Although I think he knows A LOT more than I do about what goes on at QPR, I always find myself disagreeing with one very important point.

When he thinks it was never going to be possible for a manager to make things work on the pitch at QPR, I keep thinking a good manager should make it work.

And football being a results-oriented business, if you get the on-the-pitch side of things right, the rest, more or less will get better or find its right shape as a result.

With the money spent on players and the caliber of footballers QPR should have signed instead of those who were signed, I don't believe it was impossible to finish above the relegation zone. No matter how dodgy the training ground is, no matter how the new stadium project keeps finding obstacles, no matter how much a chairman tweets or how bad the Academy could be. All those other things suddenly won't have as big an influence as they do when things on the pitch are terrible.

10 million on Sandro? The club should have signed 3 very good players for that same money. Even from the same region Sandro comes from. I know because I'm familiar with said region and I know how much great young players would cost. Not to mention how little they'd earn in comparison when it comes to wages.

Same could be said about so many signings made in the last few years.

The main reason we got relegated this time (and the one before) is because the signings were wrong and the tactics were worse.

You get good players with good attitude through the Harlington/Loftus Road doors, you show them you're capable of running a team as a manager, you prove to them that you work hard to improve them and that you know how to design a formation or your tactics and you will win football matches. Suddenly, all the other things won't matter as much. And the peace of mind you'll get once you remove the pressure of being in danger of relegation, will help you improve those other areas (which I'm not denying are very important) and you move around in a club where most people associated with will feel good.

So, I'm not denying what Dave says is true, I just don't agree with that aspect in particular and I think his blog goes really easy on Redknapp, who was a perfect example of how not to manage the resources of a football club and how to make a bad squad play worse than it should have. Even with all the other things considered.
Blog by Dave Mc on 07:28 - May 14 with 1546 viewsCHUBBS

Blog by Dave Mc on 12:43 - May 13 by EastR

It doesn’t make great reading, and is very depressing, but the core argument that the current ills can be traced back ten years plus is a bit tenuous.

The fact remains that the current owners have been in place for long enough, and with untold financial resources available, to put the club in a much better place then we find ourselves.

Shocking stewardship, mis management and incompetence 2011 to 2015.
No need to look beyond that.

Spot on East,Bournmouth not long out of administration completely changed their approach,Palace too just to name a couple of recent examples.
The whole debacle is down to TF who has shown a complete lack of patience and knowledge and is clearly not fit for purpose.
He needs to step down or you just can't see an end to the chaotic way the club is run.
I will support Ramsey as he will do what he thinks right for the club but I do have doubts about his impending appointment.
Blog by Dave Mc on 11:07 - May 14 with 1401 viewsspencer

Blog by Dave Mc on 05:22 - May 14 by QPR_ARG

Great reading, that.

I always chat to Dave on Twitter/Facebook. Although I think he knows A LOT more than I do about what goes on at QPR, I always find myself disagreeing with one very important point.

When he thinks it was never going to be possible for a manager to make things work on the pitch at QPR, I keep thinking a good manager should make it work.

And football being a results-oriented business, if you get the on-the-pitch side of things right, the rest, more or less will get better or find its right shape as a result.

With the money spent on players and the caliber of footballers QPR should have signed instead of those who were signed, I don't believe it was impossible to finish above the relegation zone. No matter how dodgy the training ground is, no matter how the new stadium project keeps finding obstacles, no matter how much a chairman tweets or how bad the Academy could be. All those other things suddenly won't have as big an influence as they do when things on the pitch are terrible.

10 million on Sandro? The club should have signed 3 very good players for that same money. Even from the same region Sandro comes from. I know because I'm familiar with said region and I know how much great young players would cost. Not to mention how little they'd earn in comparison when it comes to wages.

Same could be said about so many signings made in the last few years.

The main reason we got relegated this time (and the one before) is because the signings were wrong and the tactics were worse.

You get good players with good attitude through the Harlington/Loftus Road doors, you show them you're capable of running a team as a manager, you prove to them that you work hard to improve them and that you know how to design a formation or your tactics and you will win football matches. Suddenly, all the other things won't matter as much. And the peace of mind you'll get once you remove the pressure of being in danger of relegation, will help you improve those other areas (which I'm not denying are very important) and you move around in a club where most people associated with will feel good.

So, I'm not denying what Dave says is true, I just don't agree with that aspect in particular and I think his blog goes really easy on Redknapp, who was a perfect example of how not to manage the resources of a football club and how to make a bad squad play worse than it should have. Even with all the other things considered.

One big problem we have had over past few season. £10 for an injury prone / overpaid/ underperforming player - whose VISA wasn't checked properly.

I'm not saying he is a bad player - for sure...he has played a couple of goods games, but not the sort of person a club like us can afford to have....but it appears we have many of them.Wow what a waste Mutch was !!

Back to bascis ? I have no problem with that...or just back to a team that wants to play for the fans.
Blog by Dave Mc on 12:19 - May 14 with 1327 viewsTacticalR

At least he is able to offer a bit of perspective on Redknapp.

Air hostess clique

Blog by Dave Mc on 12:25 - May 14 with 1319 viewsdaveB

I think Dave's right on the manager, they can come in and have short term success but overall it's very tough for any manager to do well at QPR as the structure is farcical and eventually it will fall apart
Blog by Dave Mc on 13:06 - May 14 with 1263 viewstoboboly

Blog by Dave Mc on 07:28 - May 14 by CHUBBS

Spot on East,Bournmouth not long out of administration completely changed their approach,Palace too just to name a couple of recent examples.
The whole debacle is down to TF who has shown a complete lack of patience and knowledge and is clearly not fit for purpose.
He needs to step down or you just can't see an end to the chaotic way the club is run.
I will support Ramsey as he will do what he thinks right for the club but I do have doubts about his impending appointment.

But I think the point that Dave Mc is making is that had Paladini not purged the club of knowledgeable people then each subsequent owner would have had more people telling them what was right. He clearly isn't absolving TF from his clear errors but had he had people like Sheila around to help then the errors would not have been so many or so profound.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Blog by Dave Mc on 13:25 - May 14 with 1226 viewsEastR

Blog by Dave Mc on 13:06 - May 14 by toboboly

But I think the point that Dave Mc is making is that had Paladini not purged the club of knowledgeable people then each subsequent owner would have had more people telling them what was right. He clearly isn't absolving TF from his clear errors but had he had people like Sheila around to help then the errors would not have been so many or so profound.

Mistakes were undoubtedly made prior to the arrival of the current Board.

However, I think the point is that whatever the state of affairs that they found on taking over, (staff, finances, processes etc,) collectively they are responsible for running multi billion pound businesses but have failed miserably in their management of the club.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Login to get fewer ads

Blog by Dave Mc on 13:45 - May 14 with 1188 viewsak68

I listened to an interview last autumn with Les Reed who is the Head of Football Development at Southampton. He was asked about their targets in the upcoming January window. He said that was in hand and he was concentrating on their targets for the summer window already. He went on to say that they knew whom they wanted to try to get to fit their system irrespective of the manager. That's why there's no-one outside St. Marys with ten minutes left of the window unlike...
Blog by Dave Mc on 15:15 - May 14 with 1121 viewskensalriser

Sandro fee was £6m, not £10m, unless the add-ons are triggered by injuries and relegation. Which even for QPR would be unusual.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Blog by Dave Mc on 15:53 - May 14 with 1069 viewsjohncharles

Blog by Dave Mc on 15:15 - May 14 by kensalriser

Sandro fee was £6m, not £10m, unless the add-ons are triggered by injuries and relegation. Which even for QPR would be unusual.

It's still £6 million down the pan. Can't see anyone take him off hands even on a free. His wages and his injury record are really scary.
[Post edited 14 May 2015 16:13]

Strong and stable my arse.

Blog by Dave Mc on 19:37 - May 14 with 1003 viewsfrancisbowles

Blog by Dave Mc on 15:53 - May 14 by johncharles

It's still £6 million down the pan. Can't see anyone take him off hands even on a free. His wages and his injury record are really scary.
[Post edited 14 May 2015 16:13]

How much is he on/rumoured to be on?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024