Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bury sign Leon Clarke.. 19:08 - Jun 2 with 15540 viewsWhiteyBFC

3 years.

Wow.

http://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/article/shakers-capture-clarke-2479605.aspx
Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 20:05 - Jun 2 with 3288 viewsmilly

Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 20:02 - Jun 2 by TVOS1907

Why do you keep telling us how old you are?

Probably to try and make you see im too grown up to play lie games etc.But,still get doubted.Never mind eh,its only the internet.I can live with the doubt.
Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 20:07 - Jun 2 with 3282 viewsmilly

You probably have seen me a lot if you drink in the Cem before home games.Normally propping up the bar with my mate.
Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 20:09 - Jun 2 with 3256 viewsTVOS1907

Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 20:07 - Jun 2 by milly

You probably have seen me a lot if you drink in the Cem before home games.Normally propping up the bar with my mate.

I don't so I won't have.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 20:10 - Jun 2 with 3248 viewsmilly

You can carry on doubting me then.
Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 20:11 - Jun 2 with 3228 viewsTVOS1907

Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 20:10 - Jun 2 by milly

We will, don't worry.

Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 20:12 - Jun 2 with 3221 views442Dale

Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 20:10 - Jun 2 by milly

No need to. How was that Everton game the other week? Did Whitey's mate Stones play well?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 20:14 - Jun 2 with 3204 viewsmilly

ok,fine.
Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 20:17 - Jun 2 with 3176 viewsmilly

Nothing special.Eriksen by far the stand out player on the day.
Login to get fewer ads

Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 20:20 - Jun 2 with 3161 viewsroccydaleian

Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 20:07 - Jun 2 by milly

Do you fancy a change of venue for a pre match pint, on the first home game next season? I'll meet you in the Dale bar for a chat if you want.
Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 20:21 - Jun 2 with 3151 viewsmilly

Why is it always me who has to prove myself? why dont you change venue and meet me?
Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 20:24 - Jun 2 with 3127 viewsroccydaleian

Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 20:21 - Jun 2 by milly

Why is it always me who has to prove myself? why dont you change venue and meet me?

Ok, you're on.. Just waiting for the fixture list to come out now.
Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 20:26 - Jun 2 with 3117 viewsmilly

Thats better.Then we will go for a stroll to your venue after a bud or two.
Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 20:29 - Jun 2 with 3093 viewsDale23years

Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 20:26 - Jun 2 by milly

Thats better.Then we will go for a stroll to your venue after a bud or two.

whats your thoughts on our signing Milly

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 20:29 - Jun 2 with 3092 viewsmilly

Its very rare i sign up to forums,i just read from afar.I only joined to let you know that i heard Mills was signing and i got slated ever since.Wish now i had not joined.
Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 20:30 - Jun 2 with 3081 viewsmilly

McNulty could be a shrewd signing.If reports are to be believed then he was rid not for lack of ability but a falling out.
Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 20:38 - Jun 2 with 2993 views442Dale

Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 20:30 - Jun 2 by milly

McNulty could be a shrewd signing.If reports are to be believed then he was rid not for lack of ability but a falling out.

What reports?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 20:39 - Jun 2 with 2982 viewsmilly

Common knowledge about the affair.Diddy mentioned it a lot so did their forum.
Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 20:39 - Jun 2 with 2982 viewsDomDale

Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 20:04 - Jun 2 by D_Dale

"The prolific striker has scored 91 goals from his 197 appearances and is a key addition to the squad to the coming season."

That bucket's statement fiddles the figures by leaving out his 125 appearances as sub - so it's 91 goals in 322 appearances.

Last season he managed 29 appearances, including several for Wigan where he was on loan, and a grand total of 3 goals (so Whitey's expectation of 30 goals in the next three seasons could well be too optimistic).

Didn't Jackett pay £750k for him at about the same time as he was thought to be interested in getting Scott Hogan to Wolves? Looks like that was mostly a waste of money (assuming bury got him on a free).

The upbeat statement about Clarke's 'pedigree' is reminiscent of the goalscoring predictions about Hallam Hope last summer.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2015 20:16]

Hallam Hope. What happened to him!?

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 21:13 - Jun 2 with 2799 viewsTVOS1907

Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 20:39 - Jun 2 by milly

Common knowledge about the affair.Diddy mentioned it a lot so did their forum.

'Their'?

Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 21:14 - Jun 2 with 2795 viewsboffley

Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 19:55 - Jun 2 by sissy

My mate said Swinton.

Why? Is he taking up rugby league?
Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 21:23 - Jun 2 with 2745 viewsSaxonDale

Wow indeed. He was the best player on the park by a country mile when he played against us for Chesterfield a few seasons back, not that he had much competition that night. Since then though he's had a great goalscoring record in League 1 so i think Whitey's estimate may be a bit below his capabilities. Bury really do seem to be giving it a good go for next season and with the squad they're building in my book they've gone from fanciable outsiders to a solid bet for promotion next season. I am very curious to know where all this money is coming from though, doubt we could afford half of what Clarke's been on for the last 18 months and I doubt he's taken too significant a wage drop.
Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 22:01 - Jun 2 with 2623 viewsWhiteyBFC

Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 21:23 - Jun 2 by SaxonDale

Wow indeed. He was the best player on the park by a country mile when he played against us for Chesterfield a few seasons back, not that he had much competition that night. Since then though he's had a great goalscoring record in League 1 so i think Whitey's estimate may be a bit below his capabilities. Bury really do seem to be giving it a good go for next season and with the squad they're building in my book they've gone from fanciable outsiders to a solid bet for promotion next season. I am very curious to know where all this money is coming from though, doubt we could afford half of what Clarke's been on for the last 18 months and I doubt he's taken too significant a wage drop.

He's never really 'done it' in the second tier, occasional purple patch here and there. I remember Wednesday fans describing him as fat, lazy but capable of pulling a goal out from nowhere.

But in the division we're in, I would expect him to reach double figures if he plays regularly, of course, which isn't a given. But again, the three year bit is bizarre. Bury are his SEVENTEENTH club. He's only 30. Three years?!

I do believe that both Clarke's are on paper, understandable additions as they look to compete at this level.

In terms of signings so far, their big names (for L1 at least) certainly top ours. But something tells me McDermott and Roberts will fare better over the course of time, and cost a lot less.

Twitter rumour that Bury are in for Gary Roberts of Chesterfield. He's on 4k a week there, so the 'chair' at Carrington (state of the art) is definitely throwing his money about. Again. I hope it ends well this time and they're not back out with the begging buckets again and facing liquidation.
Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 22:13 - Jun 2 with 2553 views1907

Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 22:01 - Jun 2 by WhiteyBFC

He's never really 'done it' in the second tier, occasional purple patch here and there. I remember Wednesday fans describing him as fat, lazy but capable of pulling a goal out from nowhere.

But in the division we're in, I would expect him to reach double figures if he plays regularly, of course, which isn't a given. But again, the three year bit is bizarre. Bury are his SEVENTEENTH club. He's only 30. Three years?!

I do believe that both Clarke's are on paper, understandable additions as they look to compete at this level.

In terms of signings so far, their big names (for L1 at least) certainly top ours. But something tells me McDermott and Roberts will fare better over the course of time, and cost a lot less.

Twitter rumour that Bury are in for Gary Roberts of Chesterfield. He's on 4k a week there, so the 'chair' at Carrington (state of the art) is definitely throwing his money about. Again. I hope it ends well this time and they're not back out with the begging buckets again and facing liquidation.

Roberts has signed for Portsmouth
Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 22:18 - Jun 2 with 2538 viewsWhiteyBFC

Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 22:13 - Jun 2 by 1907

Roberts has signed for Portsmouth

Is this breaking news? Last I heard was they'd had a bid turned down.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32929761
Bury sign Leon Clarke.. on 10:20 - Jun 3 with 2150 viewsaleanddale

Well this now can only end one of two ways....

Either bury have a money man ( not that numpty day )

Or

This will go tits up big time....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024