Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team tonight 06:58 - Aug 11 with 6153 viewsEltham_Ranger

Green; Perch, Onuoha, Hall, Kpekewa; Luongo, Faurlin; Mackie, Chery, JET; Polter.
Team tonight on 14:46 - Aug 11 with 1539 viewsJamie

Team tonight on 14:11 - Aug 11 by daveB

can see what you mean and he always seems to start seasons slowly but Ramsey needs a result and has a better chance of winning with Austin in the side, I think both him and Phillips should be playing until they are sold.

Considering how far off the pace he is, I struggle to believe that Austin will cause defences more headaches than Polter, who is actually going to be here playing this season.
Team tonight on 14:50 - Aug 11 with 1527 viewsQPRski

My proposal for the starting eleven is:

-------------------------Green----------------------------
---Perch -----Onuoha-----Hall------Konchesky---
--------------Faurlin-------------Luongo-------------
---Mackie-------------Chery--------- Gladwin-----
-------------------------Polter-------------------------

I am deliberately chosen Green and not a reserve keeper, as Green is a "confidence" goalie and needs a good performance.

For the back-line I would rest Hill and give a chance to Hall. I would also give more game time to Perch and Konchenski (over the youngsters).

I have mixed feelings about playing Faurlin, but would risk him to further bond with Luongo.

I would drop the players who could exit (Austin and Phillips) and would chose Chery over JET to further gel him in the team, expecially with with Polter.
Team tonight on 14:53 - Aug 11 with 1512 viewsrichpr

can see what you mean and he always seems to start seasons slowly but Ramsey needs a result and has a better chance of winning with Austin in the side, I think both him and Phillips should be playing until they are sold.

why play Phillips - don't think he is good enough - I've always thought he was unfit - but now I am sure he's just lazy. He never beats anyone for pace, never gets to the by-line and he is an absolute liability in our own penalty box. Puts in the occasional good cross and scores the very occasional good goal which only just gives him the edge over Hoilett who doesn't manage either of those. Let's keep him under-wraps with Charlie and hope someone pays good money for him before they realise what he's like. Last thing we want is either of these to get injured away at Yeovil on a tuesday night in a cup we normally get dumped out of
Team tonight on 14:53 - Aug 11 with 1510 viewsElHoop

Team tonight on 14:43 - Aug 11 by Jamie

Austin is going regardless of whether he plays again before the deadline or not. On Deadline Day, we will get plenty of low ball offers and the ultimate price will be determined by how long Ruben's bottle holds.

So it wouldn't help if he started looking a bit fitter and had scored a few goals by then? I'm struggling here with your logic I'm afraid.
Team tonight on 15:01 - Aug 11 with 1500 viewsfakekerby

I'd be surprised if anybody bought Philips, I think he'll be here until at least January.
Team tonight on 15:02 - Aug 11 with 1497 viewsadhoc_qpr

Team tonight on 14:53 - Aug 11 by ElHoop

So it wouldn't help if he started looking a bit fitter and had scored a few goals by then? I'm struggling here with your logic I'm afraid.

People's opinions on Austin aren't going to be swayed by what he does in 1 or 2 games this season - they have seen plenty over the last 3 or 4 years to make a judgement.

I'd rather give Poulter game time to see what he can do.

We already know what Charlie can do when fit, but Poulter is an unknown quantity and will definitely be here past August.
Team tonight on 18:04 - Aug 11 with 1409 viewsJeff

Austin is definitely NOT playing tonight - he tweeted 'good luck tonight' to Michael Doughty, - don't think Austin is in the squad at all...

Can we not knock it?

Team tonight on 18:26 - Aug 11 with 1360 viewssimmo

Team tonight on 18:04 - Aug 11 by Jeff

Austin is definitely NOT playing tonight - he tweeted 'good luck tonight' to Michael Doughty, - don't think Austin is in the squad at all...

Good. Really keen to see a few of these new or younger chaps in a competitive game!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

Team tonight on 18:41 - Aug 11 with 1309 viewsJamie

Team tonight on 14:53 - Aug 11 by ElHoop

As said above, everyone interested in Austin knows what they would get, and none of them has felt him worth £15m to them, hence him still being here. A couple of Championship games jogging around puffing after 30 minutes isn't going to help us sell him.

As negstave as I'm sure some will feel it, he will most likely end up going very late on deadline day, for as close to our asking price as we can get.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024