Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got back.... 19:29 - Aug 15 with 17394 viewsChaffRAFC

...but wish I hadn't. Would loved to have stayed over like the hundreds of others doing but some of us have to work tomorrow unfortunately.

A fantastic day, with a fantastic result as well.

Again, Viva Donal-do ran away with the plaudits with another goal and another good display. Got taken off again but didn't have his hands on his knees as much today so maybe he's getting fitter. If we can get this lad fully fit, we have a frighteningly good player on our hands.

Thought we defended well again for the most part and special mentions for Joe Rafferty who I thought played really well, and Michael Rose who was excellent when he came on for TK. Also, Rhys Bennett when he came on looked superb.

Great to see Henderson off the mark for this season.

Blackpool offered glimpses and caused a few problems in the first half before we got the lead and got control of the game but they could well be in deep bother this season.

Thought the travelling Dale fans were fantastic throughout and made loads of noise. I can't make most away games but games like today make me wish I could be at every one of them again.

I've been to Bloomfield Road loads of times and never seen us win there before today so that was a nice change. We've started the season brilliantly and that can only give us all encouragement.

Was again surprised to see Bunney in the side but maybe I shouldn't be because Hill obviously sees something in him that we are blind to. For me, he's not good enough and was quite poor today as well but Hill is the mastermind so whatever he says, I'll go with.

Great day, even more so with Lancs winning in the T20 on the way home as well.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Just got back.... on 14:47 - Aug 16 with 4503 views442Dale

Just got back.... on 14:43 - Aug 16 by nordenblue

Never played for Spotland Meths im afraid,but again you'll already know that with you knowing everything?
What kevel have you ever been involved within the sport to have such a superior knowledge of the game?
To answer a previous ridiculous question of yours my early days supporting the club involved watching Tony and Malcolm Brown and co so yes seen a fair few players,ill let you work the time scale out?
What other points would you like me to answer?
While its question time ill ask you one,name 2 current first team players worse than Bunney?

Not wanting to get into the rest of it, but there will be fans who have better football knowledge than some players.

I'd like to think my appreciation of the game is better than George Donnelly's for example.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Just got back.... on 15:03 - Aug 16 with 4443 viewsnordenblue

Just got back.... on 14:47 - Aug 16 by 442Dale

Not wanting to get into the rest of it, but there will be fans who have better football knowledge than some players.

I'd like to think my appreciation of the game is better than George Donnelly's for example.

His knowledge of the game and his execution could well be total opposites to be honest though,id suggest most players who all they've had drummed into them from childhood is formation,tactics, etc have a better understanding than the average joe bloggs who turns up for 90 mins on a sat shouting out ridiculously blinkered comments (not aimed at you 442)
Just got back.... on 15:07 - Aug 16 with 4430 viewsTiki_Beach

Its strange how if this conversation was being had in the pub, its likely that you would have a reasoned debate, yet on a message board, the insults come out.

There is a reason why the most successful manager of this clubs history selects Joe Bunney. He works hard, is a decent finisher, offers a balance to the side being left footed, seems like a good lad and has shown signs of development since he's been at the club, albeit not as much as the likes of camps/cannon and allen. Ultimately, I feel he will only be used as a squad player as the season goes on and allesandra will take his place but when something isn't broken, there's no need to go fixing it...yet.
Just got back.... on 15:15 - Aug 16 with 4380 views442Dale

Just got back.... on 15:03 - Aug 16 by nordenblue

His knowledge of the game and his execution could well be total opposites to be honest though,id suggest most players who all they've had drummed into them from childhood is formation,tactics, etc have a better understanding than the average joe bloggs who turns up for 90 mins on a sat shouting out ridiculously blinkered comments (not aimed at you 442)

They may well have had it drummed into them, but some clearly haven't taken it on board. Suppose the point I'm making is that if someone knows football, they know football.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Just got back.... on 15:20 - Aug 16 with 4355 viewsnordenblue

Just got back.... on 15:15 - Aug 16 by 442Dale

They may well have had it drummed into them, but some clearly haven't taken it on board. Suppose the point I'm making is that if someone knows football, they know football.

Yes your spot on,generally players or ex players from a decent level have a better understanding having played the game to your average fan,there are exceptions granted 442
Just got back.... on 15:30 - Aug 16 with 4329 viewsflyerdale

Just got back.... on 15:07 - Aug 16 by Tiki_Beach

Its strange how if this conversation was being had in the pub, its likely that you would have a reasoned debate, yet on a message board, the insults come out.

There is a reason why the most successful manager of this clubs history selects Joe Bunney. He works hard, is a decent finisher, offers a balance to the side being left footed, seems like a good lad and has shown signs of development since he's been at the club, albeit not as much as the likes of camps/cannon and allen. Ultimately, I feel he will only be used as a squad player as the season goes on and allesandra will take his place but when something isn't broken, there's no need to go fixing it...yet.

Well said. Bunney is doing a lot better this season so far, doesn't look as easy to push off the ball as before. Let's get behind all the players 100%.

PS is your username in relation to the beach front bar in Benidorm?
Just got back.... on 15:53 - Aug 16 with 4259 viewsTiki_Beach

Just got back.... on 15:30 - Aug 16 by flyerdale

Well said. Bunney is doing a lot better this season so far, doesn't look as easy to push off the ball as before. Let's get behind all the players 100%.

PS is your username in relation to the beach front bar in Benidorm?

It certainly is - best bar in the world
Just got back.... on 15:56 - Aug 16 with 4241 viewsflyerdale

Just got back.... on 15:53 - Aug 16 by Tiki_Beach

It certainly is - best bar in the world

Errr I beg to differ. It could be shut down permanently soon if the mayor gets his way.
Login to get fewer ads

Just got back.... on 16:53 - Aug 16 with 4131 viewsBrierls

If Carlsberg did away days...

A cracking day out and a real feel good atmosphere amongst the Dale fans at the moment. Long may it continue. We didn't even play that well for much of the game.

I thought the much maligned Lillis (certainly by me!) had a very good game yesterday, he made some important one on one saves. He still gives me kittens whenever the ball is delivered into our box, but he did his job and kept the ball out of the net yesterday.

The defence as a whole played well too and looked fairly solid. I hope TK's injury is just a knock, but trust in Rose or Tanser to provide good cover if required. Again, not his biggest fan, but Raff was solid at right back. As you'd expect, McNulty and Lancashire won everything in the air against Cullen and Redshaw, but they coped pretty well on the floor too.

The biggest plus of the day was Rhys coming off the bench to return from injury. Blackpool were getting time and space in between our defence and midfield and Rhys' introduction plugged that gap. We're going to see a lot of that this season so it's great to have Rhys back with his energy, I think he's going to have a big season.

It's becoming blissfully repetetive, but Jamie Allen was great again. The lad has gone to another level already this season, he is simply a fantastic footballer! I could watch him all day. His short range passing and ball retention has always been fantastic, but now he's spending more time on the ball and has added vision and an ability to play the final ball.

I thought Camps had a quiet game, as did Vincenti, but McDermott produced another masterclass. He oozes quality, and his first touch is sublime. It's frightening (for others teams!) that he's still getting back up to speed with professional football. I love that we're playing him in the middle of the pitch where he sees more of the ball. It's not often you get a flair player like McDermott who also puts in a proper shift, but he works his socks off. Another rabbit out of the hat by Hilly.

It's good to see Hendo off the mark for the season. I don't think he's quite firing on all cylinders yet, but he's not far off and that goal will help no end. He just doesn't look like missing in those situations. I was slightly worried about his downbeat goal celebration, it was almost like a "goodbye" type celebration. I hope I'm completely wide of the mark.

Bunney is always going to divide opinion. My view is that he must be like Lionel Messi on the training pitch, because I can't for the life of me see what he offers more than Alessandra would. Hilly clearly sees something in the lad, and he very rarely gets it wrong, but I just think he's stood out as the weakest link pretty much every time he's started. How long do we wait for him to come good? Or has he already come good and some of us are too stubborn to see it?

Its a really good time to be a Dale fan, we've had a fantastic start and we're playing some cracking stuff. But lets not get carried away! We were talking about the squad on the train, and I fear we are one injury to Jamie Allen away from being down to the bare bones and a completely different side. On the flip side, we are one or two good signings away from making a very real challenge at the right end of the table.
Just got back.... on 17:13 - Aug 16 with 4037 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Worry not Breeeeels.........Hendo's happy according to Hilly,who himself is happy because Hendo is, got it?

Wish he would sign that Contract Extension if he is so happy.
Just got back.... on 17:26 - Aug 16 with 3994 viewsRalphs12

Just got back.... on 17:13 - Aug 16 by Yorkshire_Dale

Worry not Breeeeels.........Hendo's happy according to Hilly,who himself is happy because Hendo is, got it?

Wish he would sign that Contract Extension if he is so happy.

He'll be even happier when he gets a jocking signing on fee when he signs for bury on a free be a decent squad player for their championship title charge
Just got back.... on 08:34 - Aug 17 with 3535 viewssweetcorn

Just got back.... on 09:58 - Aug 16 by nordenblue

Im sure many have answered your specific question to be honest no real need to go over old ground,a player who you claim had a decent game shouldn't be hitting the side netting from 3 yards out would you not agree?
For one of the tallest players ive ever seen in a dale shirt hes appalling in the air,weak as a kitten on the ball,not really the attributes to obtain a glowing report as a footballer.
Any other points you'd like me to clarify?

"One of the tallest players i've ever seen in a dale shirt" i'm sorry I think i've just p!ssed myself. Which dale side do you usually watch? The under 12's?

There's at least 6 players taller in the current squad, thats without mentioning previous squads. What an embarrassing comment.

Vintage nordenblue

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Just got back.... on 08:59 - Aug 17 with 3495 viewsnordenblue

Just got back.... on 08:34 - Aug 17 by sweetcorn

"One of the tallest players i've ever seen in a dale shirt" i'm sorry I think i've just p!ssed myself. Which dale side do you usually watch? The under 12's?

There's at least 6 players taller in the current squad, thats without mentioning previous squads. What an embarrassing comment.

Vintage nordenblue

Says the king of embarrassing comments,pot and kettle anyone?
Whats your views on Gazza or Clarke Carlisle recently should they both just man up?
Vintage ginger boy
[Post edited 17 Aug 2015 9:13]
Just got back.... on 10:08 - Aug 17 with 3421 viewssweetcorn

Just got back.... on 08:59 - Aug 17 by nordenblue

Says the king of embarrassing comments,pot and kettle anyone?
Whats your views on Gazza or Clarke Carlisle recently should they both just man up?
Vintage ginger boy
[Post edited 17 Aug 2015 9:13]

Bigger bite than expected.

We've caught a big one, although not as big as joe bunney because he's one of the all time dale giants. I actually cant stop pissing here.

Just got back.... on 10:53 - Aug 17 with 3318 viewsaleanddale

TBF joe is height wise in the top 1% off Dale players ( all time )

In recent times can only think of Liam dickenson who was taller.

JB is at least 6ft 4.
Just got back.... on 11:00 - Aug 17 with 3243 viewsdingdangblue

Just got back.... on 10:53 - Aug 17 by aleanddale

JB is at least 6ft 4.

He's not. He's the same height as Olly Lancashire 1.85m (6ft 1).
Our tallest are Rhys and Ashley Eastham at 1.91m (6ft 3) and Vincenti 1.88m (6ft 2).
[Post edited 17 Aug 2015 11:20]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Just got back.... on 11:08 - Aug 17 with 3221 viewsBrierls

Just got back.... on 10:53 - Aug 17 by aleanddale

JB is at least 6ft 4.

6' 4" but 4' 6" when he jumps

I don't think Bunney is 6'4" though. You can't include his quiff.
Just got back.... on 12:03 - Aug 17 with 3111 viewsTTNYear

Just got back.... on 09:03 - Aug 16 by AtThePeake

You can't use age as an excuse when we're seeing brilliant performances from the likes of Jamie Allen and Andy Cannon who are both younger than Bunney. I'm struggling to see what he offers at all. He never gets past a man, he can't win any headers despite his height, he never takes shots on from distance. That cross into the side-netting from about 3 yards was Sunday League stuff.

The only disappointment in what was otherwise a terrific performance. Chaff, you're spot on about McDermott. What a player he could be - how does Hilly do it?

I'm a bit perplexed here, and before some pull rank. I'm not advocating he's our best and most promising asset but....

he never takes any shots? I counted two on Saturday of note and a half chance that was taken off his feet... One of the shots was from outside the box, that the keeper saved.

He did win headers... not them all. But he did.

And he's not a jinking winger...

I don't remember the into side netting incident... I remember the chipped over the bar one, but that wasn't easy from my view.

I think its fantastically harsh saying it was' the only disappointment'. It was 6/7 out of 10 performance for me and a few others scored that tbf. It doesn't make him a disappointment.

TTNYear
Head of the Joe Bunney loving clique.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Just got back.... on 12:16 - Aug 17 with 3073 viewssweetcorn

What nordenblue sees:

Soz paint crew. No photoshop at work.

Just got back.... on 13:32 - Aug 17 with 2901 viewsTomRAFC

Day after the Dale game a decomposed torso washes up on Blackpool Beach.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-33956169

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Just got back.... on 13:35 - Aug 17 with 2891 viewsDaleiLama

Just got back.... on 13:32 - Aug 17 by TomRAFC

Day after the Dale game a decomposed torso washes up on Blackpool Beach.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-33956169

Was Oysten at the game ..........

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Just got back.... on 13:52 - Aug 17 with 2843 viewsAtThePeake

Just got back.... on 12:03 - Aug 17 by TTNYear

I'm a bit perplexed here, and before some pull rank. I'm not advocating he's our best and most promising asset but....

he never takes any shots? I counted two on Saturday of note and a half chance that was taken off his feet... One of the shots was from outside the box, that the keeper saved.

He did win headers... not them all. But he did.

And he's not a jinking winger...

I don't remember the into side netting incident... I remember the chipped over the bar one, but that wasn't easy from my view.

I think its fantastically harsh saying it was' the only disappointment'. It was 6/7 out of 10 performance for me and a few others scored that tbf. It doesn't make him a disappointment.

TTNYear
Head of the Joe Bunney loving clique.

Maybe I don't remember any of the shots from distance cause he's been playing for us for two years now and I can't remember any shot from outside the box either hitting the net or forcing a proper save out of a goalkeeper.

To be totally fair, it probably was a 7/10 performance for Joe Bunney.

But a 7/10 performance for Bunney would be a 4/10 performance for the rest of our players.

Tangled up in blue.

Just got back.... on 14:01 - Aug 17 with 2807 viewsRosun

Just got back.... on 13:35 - Aug 17 by DaleiLama

Was Oysten at the game ..........

Anyone seen Tazzy?
Just got back.... on 14:02 - Aug 17 with 2799 viewsdingdangblue

Just got back.... on 13:52 - Aug 17 by AtThePeake

Maybe I don't remember any of the shots from distance cause he's been playing for us for two years now and I can't remember any shot from outside the box either hitting the net or forcing a proper save out of a goalkeeper.

But a 7/10 performance for Bunney would be a 4/10 performance for the rest of our players.

This was a great finish (outside the box)

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Just got back.... on 14:07 - Aug 17 with 2781 viewsDaleiLama

Just got back.... on 13:52 - Aug 17 by AtThePeake

Don't know which side-netting was being referred to, but Bunney shoots from a very acute angle on 55s in this clip. Even his harshest critics (me included) wouldn't expect a goal from there, although a pull back may have been a better option (easy to say in hindsight).
He also forces a save from the keeper at 1:35s from outside the box with a very decent strike.
It's only 3m of action and two chances that he had, but he didn't disgrace himself by any means based on that scant evidence.
Blackpool also got a cross off and a header in towards the end of the highlights, but you can see Bunney sprinting back to try to stop it. No one can fault his effort and based on Keith's BBC post-match interview about running, I suspect this is why Bunney keeps cracking the starting XI.

http://www.skysports.com/football/blackpool-vs-rochdale/report/340096

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024