Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Justin Gatlin 22:01 - Aug 21 with 6630 viewsPacemaker

Could well win gold at the World Championships. It is now known that the benefit of having trained under steroids or other performance enhancing drugs.

So is it fair to benefit from a history of cheating having been banned twice or is it only fair that offenders be allowed to rehabilitate their careers and what does this mean for clean athletes?

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Justin Gatlin on 22:48 - Aug 21 with 3939 viewsdickythorpe

I love watching athletics but you do have to be suspicious about the way most have honed their physiques.
Gatlin won't beat Bolt.
Justin Gatlin on 22:56 - Aug 21 with 3920 viewsBanosswan

Justin Gatlin on 22:48 - Aug 21 by dickythorpe

I love watching athletics but you do have to be suspicious about the way most have honed their physiques.
Gatlin won't beat Bolt.

God I hope so

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Justin Gatlin on 23:02 - Aug 21 with 3914 viewsPacemaker

It's a bit sad that you can no longer just enjoy a sporting event without the suspicion of cheating by those concerned. I used to love watching athletics and be impressed by the efforts of the athletes.

I was a fan of Carl Lewis and always remember him looking at Ben Johnson with sheer hatred because he knew he was cheating. I often wondered was Lewis in the same camp but better at hiding his tracks or was he one of the last clean heroes.

Justin Gatlin on 00:01 - Aug 22 with 3845 viewsBanosswan

Justin Gatlin on 23:02 - Aug 21 by Pacemaker

It's a bit sad that you can no longer just enjoy a sporting event without the suspicion of cheating by those concerned. I used to love watching athletics and be impressed by the efforts of the athletes.

I was a fan of Carl Lewis and always remember him looking at Ben Johnson with sheer hatred because he knew he was cheating. I often wondered was Lewis in the same camp but better at hiding his tracks or was he one of the last clean heroes.

Without a doubt Lewis was doping.

You almost feel sorry for Ben Johnson for all the vitriol he got when basically, he was the only one caught.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Justin Gatlin on 03:20 - Aug 22 with 3816 viewsDJack

Justin Gatlin on 23:02 - Aug 21 by Pacemaker

An often posted view was that Carl used blood doping which "helped" him avoid the testing regime of the time. Did he, didn't he, who knows ? Ultimately , who cares as there will always be doping in athletics and nobody is fully sure of a "fair"result but the record will be beaten in the future by fair means or foul.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Justin Gatlin on 07:26 - Aug 22 with 3783 viewsJackfath

I've mentioned on here previously that there should be a break away professional body which supports those that do wish to use steroids in athletics. The problem is that this body would crush the other and the clean version would die out.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Justin Gatlin on 09:21 - Aug 22 with 3719 viewsjojaca

Justin Gatlin on 07:26 - Aug 22 by Jackfath

I've mentioned on here previously that there should be a break away professional body which supports those that do wish to use steroids in athletics. The problem is that this body would crush the other and the clean version would die out.

The size of rugby players these days is not normal. It's funny watching video's from 70/80's compared to these days, I know sports science has advanced. but i think today's rugby players will struggle to see old age, it's not natural to carry that amount of muscle for your body frame to support, plus the amounts of meats and calorie intake the Wales squad was reported eating last month can't be good for digestive system. I was on train last month and the local rugby team came on and they were massive, they were so wide they struggled to walk down the aisle of the train to find seats.

Even when you know, you never know?

Justin Gatlin on 09:39 - Aug 22 with 3702 viewsPacemaker

Justin Gatlin on 07:26 - Aug 22 by Jackfath

I was talking to a guy a few years back who was bodybuilding or weightlifting. He was going on about how he was Mr Natural or something because he was clean and not using steroids, however he admitted he was using steroids outside of competition just could not see that he was cheating.

There are certain people who cannot accept fair competition. The difficulty now is identifying who is clean.

Login to get fewer ads

Justin Gatlin on 11:04 - Aug 22 with 3675 viewsNeath_Jack

The only way to cut down on this issue (I don't believe it will ever be totally eradicated) would be a life ban from all sporting activities after one offence. Zero tolerance is required.

I'm normally a big advocate of everyone deserves another chance in life, but there has to be a proper deterrent for this sort of thing IMO.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Justin Gatlin on 18:42 - Aug 22 with 3614 viewsjackportis

Why doesn't Gatling cheat in other ways such as tie bolts laces together.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Justin Gatlin on 20:33 - Aug 22 with 3575 viewsdickythorpe

Or clamp him in his starting blocks.
Justin Gatlin on 21:23 - Aug 22 with 3544 viewsRancid

I'd imagine having been caught before and under the spotlight Gaitlin is now clean yet faster than he ever was whilst doping.The message is cheats never prosper and being clean does .It does make you think though that as an amateur sport with nothing riding on it bar personal glory and no financial gain how they're getting caught all the time while footballers and boxers who are far more handsomely rewarded financially remain so squeaky clean.?
Justin Gatlin on 21:30 - Aug 22 with 3523 viewsDr_Winston

Justin Gatlin on 21:23 - Aug 22 by Rancid

I'd imagine having been caught before and under the spotlight Gaitlin is now clean yet faster than he ever was whilst doping.The message is cheats never prosper and being clean does .It does make you think though that as an amateur sport with nothing riding on it bar personal glory and no financial gain how they're getting caught all the time while footballers and boxers who are far more handsomely rewarded financially remain so squeaky clean.?

Suppose it depends on how much residual gain remains in his system from the years when he did dope. I have no idea if that's possible or not.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Justin Gatlin on 22:13 - Aug 22 with 3499 viewsRancid

Justin Gatlin on 21:30 - Aug 22 by Dr_Winston

Suppose it depends on how much residual gain remains in his system from the years when he did dope. I have no idea if that's possible or not.

If he stopped doping when caught then every day the amount of dope in his system would diminish I'd have thought which makes it so unusual how he's got better?When Dwayne Chambers was caught and then reprimanded there wasn't a great deal of difference with his performance if i remember.The one that got away was Flo Jo.She retired straight after winning Olympic gold and remained untarnished.Think she's dead now of a stroke.Marion Jones should have taken a leaf out of her book.
Justin Gatlin on 22:28 - Aug 22 with 3473 viewsjackportis

How fast could bolt run on steroids? 9seconds????

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Justin Gatlin on 00:27 - Aug 23 with 3427 viewsLeon_Drinker

Justin Gatlin on 22:28 - Aug 22 by jackportis

How fast could bolt run on steroids? 9seconds????

I know the answer ...... 9.58 seconds!
Justin Gatlin on 01:36 - Aug 23 with 3402 viewsAyewSerious

Justin Gatlin on 22:13 - Aug 22 by Rancid

If he stopped doping when caught then every day the amount of dope in his system would diminish I'd have thought which makes it so unusual how he's got better?When Dwayne Chambers was caught and then reprimanded there wasn't a great deal of difference with his performance if i remember.The one that got away was Flo Jo.She retired straight after winning Olympic gold and remained untarnished.Think she's dead now of a stroke.Marion Jones should have taken a leaf out of her book.

Doping doesnt mean taking drugs.

Blood doping is when you take a pint of blood out of your body, wait for it to be regenerated and then inject the blood back in, giving you far more oxygen carrying red blood cells than a "normal" athlete.
Justin Gatlin on 10:20 - Aug 23 with 3331 viewsPacemaker

Justin Gatlin on 22:13 - Aug 22 by Rancid

There is evidence to show that athletes who have used performance enhancing drugs benefit long after they come off the drugs due to the heavier training load they were able to complete.

Gatlin is now in a better physical shape as a result of his training regime carried out under steroid or epo cheating.

Justin Gatlin on 10:24 - Aug 23 with 3328 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gatlin looked much sharper than Bolt in the heats yesterday. Gatling jogged the last 30 metre to clock 9.83 while Bolt finished in 9.97. Bolt didn't exactly exert himself either mind. Athletics and sport generally needs Bolt to win today.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2015 10:25]

Poll: Tory leader

Justin Gatlin on 10:54 - Aug 23 with 3310 viewsDr_Winston

Justin Gatlin on 10:20 - Aug 23 by Pacemaker

There is evidence to show that athletes who have used performance enhancing drugs benefit long after they come off the drugs due to the heavier training load they were able to complete.

Gatlin is now in a better physical shape as a result of his training regime carried out under steroid or epo cheating.

That's the question I raised earlier. Even if he's not cheating now there must be some residual benefit to his system from when he was.

One for Big Dave I think.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Justin Gatlin on 11:40 - Aug 23 with 3281 viewsRancid

Interesting.I always thought doping was a jab or dropping a pill or 2 during their training ha ha.Didn't realize it involved blood transfusions.Bloody Hell!!

I can see what you mean now Doc.If he's still benefiting from his stint as a doper then why the hell is he still now competing? Surely the IAAF would have sought proffesional medical advice as to how long for the athlete might still be benefiting from this and then with that in mind determine the length of the athletes ban?
Justin Gatlin on 11:46 - Aug 23 with 3266 viewsDr_Winston

Justin Gatlin on 11:40 - Aug 23 by Rancid

Interesting.I always thought doping was a jab or dropping a pill or 2 during their training ha ha.Didn't realize it involved blood transfusions.Bloody Hell!!

I can see what you mean now Doc.If he's still benefiting from his stint as a doper then why the hell is he still now competing? Surely the IAAF would have sought proffesional medical advice as to how long for the athlete might still be benefiting from this and then with that in mind determine the length of the athletes ban?

I suspect it's because the IAAF are shithouses.

For me it should be an automatic lifetime ban for any doping offence, even a first one.

Justin Gatlin on 12:02 - Aug 23 with 3247 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Justin Gatlin on 10:20 - Aug 23 by Pacemaker

This is why the penalty should be a lifetime ban.

Some athletes may calculate that it's worth it to be drugs cheats early in their careers because they'll benefit later. There's millions to be made later when "clean" even if they get caught and banned.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Justin Gatlin on 12:20 - Aug 23 with 3217 viewsScoobyWho

Just pissd his semi final, I'm with others on this, the drugs/ transfusions he took which enhanced his ability in the past are still aiding him today.

Shouldn't be there.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2015 12:25]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Justin Gatlin on 12:21 - Aug 23 with 3217 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gatlin two tenths faster than Bolt in the semis. He's got more left as well, not sure Bolt has.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024