Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dyer to Leicester 14:12 - Sep 1 with 25941 viewsperchrockjack

On loan.

Can t see the point of that.

Frankly, seems madness

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Dyer to Leicester on 14:33 - Sep 1 with 3257 viewsjasonbromham

Dyer to Leicester on 14:32 - Sep 1 by hobo

We'll probably be getting a mil or two loan fee too, so not bad for a 3rd/4th choice winger. It also gives us a chance to get a younger player in to replace him, or just wait for Barrow to return

Or recall Barrow considering he is just warming the bench at Blackburn, madness it is! He can sit on the bench hear and do the same as he is in Blackburn.
Dyer to Leicester on 14:37 - Sep 1 with 3207 viewstomdickharry

An Barrow is a sheer novice complete and utter silly move unless of course we have another player coming in.
Dyer to Leicester on 14:53 - Sep 1 with 2970 viewsjack247

He must have wanted game time and not felt he would get enough of it here.

As long as there is a recall option, I can't see this being a major issue.
Dyer to Leicester on 14:55 - Sep 1 with 2940 viewsTom1912

Dyer to Leicester on 14:53 - Sep 1 by jack247

He must have wanted game time and not felt he would get enough of it here.

As long as there is a recall option, I can't see this being a major issue.

I think due to the rules they can only structure it so a recall can happen in January. May be wrong though.

Seems an odd move to me.
Dyer to Leicester on 14:58 - Sep 1 with 2892 viewsjack247

Dyer to Leicester on 14:55 - Sep 1 by Tom1912

I think due to the rules they can only structure it so a recall can happen in January. May be wrong though.

Seems an odd move to me.

If that is the case, then yes, it does seem a bit of a risk letting home go. Unless we have someone coming in.

He isn't going to get a game ahead of Montero, Ayew or Routledge at the moment, but a couple of injuries or suspensions and he would be right back in the team. I can see why he would want to go though.
Dyer to Leicester on 15:05 - Sep 1 with 2808 viewsyescomeon

Injuries to Ayew and Montero at the same time and with Dyer here or not I think there is more chance we would use the diamond than play Dyer and Routledge on the wings.

Upthecity!

Dyer to Leicester on 15:11 - Sep 1 with 2729 viewsmidswan

Dyer to Leicester on 15:05 - Sep 1 by yescomeon

Injuries to Ayew and Montero at the same time and with Dyer here or not I think there is more chance we would use the diamond than play Dyer and Routledge on the wings.

The same two players who where touted for England this time last year??
Burn them I say ...
Dyer to Leicester on 15:14 - Sep 1 with 2678 viewsUxbridge

Dyer to Leicester on 15:05 - Sep 1 by yescomeon

To be honest, we'd have been in trouble with Dyer here. He's been a shadow of himself since his imperious form this time last year. Shame but a shake up is probably for the best all round.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

Dyer to Leicester on 15:14 - Sep 1 with 2671 viewsJonnyTheJack

Oh and we have Emnes too who always seems to do a job for us off the bench.
Dyer to Leicester on 15:18 - Sep 1 with 2630 viewsJackSomething

Dyer to Leicester on 15:14 - Sep 1 by JonnyTheJack

Oh and we have Emnes too who always seems to do a job for us off the bench.

Your suggestion of using the diamond more often is the best justification for this I have seen yet.

IF Dyer does go, you can see the logic. Why play with wingers when we only have one winger who is really good enough in Montero? Ayew and Routledge are not true wingers and are almost certainly more effective when not tied to a wing.

Instead of resorting to a player who is a shadow of himself, we can get our best players on the pitch more often. Ki being a prime example of that. If we stick to playing wingers, he's stuck on the bench.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Dyer to Leicester on 15:19 - Sep 1 with 2624 viewsjasper_T

Barrow is 23 and needs regular first team football even more than Dyer.

He's also never going to be good enough for the Premier League.

Give Hedges from the 21s a go in an emergency. Tricky, can play a pass, good height.
Dyer to Leicester on 15:19 - Sep 1 with 2621 viewslondonlisa2001

Dyer to Leicester on 15:14 - Sep 1 by Uxbridge

To be honest, we'd have been in trouble with Dyer here. He's been a shadow of himself since his imperious form this time last year. Shame but a shake up is probably for the best all round.

I agree with that to an extent, but am not sure that he's not better than no one?

I never believe any longer, that when he comes off the bench he will achieve much but with Barrow out on loan, this seems a little odd unless we are freeing up wages for someone else.
Dyer to Leicester on 15:22 - Sep 1 with 2586 viewsJonnyTheJack

Dyer to Leicester on 15:18 - Sep 1 by JackSomething

Your suggestion of using the diamond more often is the best justification for this I have seen yet.

IF Dyer does go, you can see the logic. Why play with wingers when we only have one winger who is really good enough in Montero? Ayew and Routledge are not true wingers and are almost certainly more effective when not tied to a wing.

Instead of resorting to a player who is a shadow of himself, we can get our best players on the pitch more often. Ki being a prime example of that. If we stick to playing wingers, he's stuck on the bench.

Yep. Ki is a bigger threat goal wise too, than Dyer. I'm not sure we could fit Montero into that formation though.

Oh and ANOTHER thing, Tabanou can play left wing.
Dyer to Leicester on 15:22 - Sep 1 with 2579 viewsicecoldjack

IMO we should be doing sweet FA to help the opposition gain points in this league. I can understand Dyer wanting to play, thats admirable from him but i also feel we need to be hard nosed for this season.

Every other club is throwing money at this season including the teams like Watford,Leicester,Bournmth,Palace etc,etc.

I don't see the need to be making the opposition stronger and giving them a better chnce of staying in the league, it's maybe a selfish viewpoint but i feel we need to keep certain players here just in case of injury etc.

We know Dyer can do a job if called upon i think it's the wrong time to be farming out tried and tested players , hope it doesn't happen !
Dyer to Leicester on 15:27 - Sep 1 with 2526 viewsUxbridge

Dyer to Leicester on 15:19 - Sep 1 by londonlisa2001

I agree with that to an extent, but am not sure that he's not better than no one?

I never believe any longer, that when he comes off the bench he will achieve much but with Barrow out on loan, this seems a little odd unless we are freeing up wages for someone else.

Well of course he's better than no-one, but I'm struggling to see him getting any real game time. He was a clear 4th choice of the wingers, maybe even behind Emnes. Plus given our shift to the narrow diamond (which I'm not a fan of, although if Ayew plays it as well as he did on Sunday I could be converted) he may be even further down the pecking order than that narrow view makes it look.

We'll need to replace though.

Dyer to Leicester on 15:27 - Sep 1 with 2425 viewsAngelRangelQS

Dyer to Leicester on 15:18 - Sep 1 by JackSomething

I agree but then we are restricting our ability to play football down the wings purely on whether Montero can stay fit which on the basis of the last 12 months, won't be anywhere near as regular as we would like.

I would be quite disappointed if a replacement for Dyer is not forthcoming
Dyer to Leicester on 15:28 - Sep 1 with 2411 viewsUxbridge

Dyer to Leicester on 15:22 - Sep 1 by JonnyTheJack

Yep. Ki is a bigger threat goal wise too, than Dyer. I'm not sure we could fit Montero into that formation though.

Oh and ANOTHER thing, Tabanou can play left wing.

Forgot about him. Aye.

Dyer to Leicester on 15:30 - Sep 1 with 2386 viewsjasper_T

Dyer to Leicester on 15:22 - Sep 1 by icecoldjack

IMO we should be doing sweet FA to help the opposition gain points in this league. I can understand Dyer wanting to play, thats admirable from him but i also feel we need to be hard nosed for this season.

Every other club is throwing money at this season including the teams like Watford,Leicester,Bournmth,Palace etc,etc.

I don't see the need to be making the opposition stronger and giving them a better chnce of staying in the league, it's maybe a selfish viewpoint but i feel we need to keep certain players here just in case of injury etc.

We know Dyer can do a job if called upon i think it's the wrong time to be farming out tried and tested players , hope it doesn't happen !

You realise that the points those teams gain have to come from other teams, right? By strengthening smaller sides we may weaken our direct rivals.

If Dyer makes Leicester a better team, then we should finish above them, even if they're on fire at the moment.
Dyer to Leicester on 15:34 - Sep 1 with 2323 viewslondonlisa2001

Dyer to Leicester on 15:27 - Sep 1 by Uxbridge

Well of course he's better than no-one, but I'm struggling to see him getting any real game time. He was a clear 4th choice of the wingers, maybe even behind Emnes. Plus given our shift to the narrow diamond (which I'm not a fan of, although if Ayew plays it as well as he did on Sunday I could be converted) he may be even further down the pecking order than that narrow view makes it look.

We'll need to replace though.

It's the last point that's the crucial one.

Surely we aren't allowing this without someone coming in today? And that is very unlike us, unless our cards are even closer to our chest than they usually are.

I just am a little concerned that he will go and no one will come in - I think it leaves us a little short (although I personally don't believe that he is any longer good enough, so if we are upgrading then fantastic).
Dyer to Leicester on 15:34 - Sep 1 with 2322 viewsDr_Winston

The way Routledge played against York and Man U maybe we're sending the wrong one...

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Dyer to Leicester on 15:36 - Sep 1 with 2291 viewsTrundle10

Dyer to Leicester on 15:34 - Sep 1 by Dr_Winston

The way Routledge played against York and Man U maybe we're sending the wrong one...

Was going to say the same.
Dyer to Leicester on 15:36 - Sep 1 with 2288 viewsjasper_T

Stick Gylfi on the right and have him whip cross after cross onto Gomis and Ayew's noggins.
Dyer to Leicester on 15:37 - Sep 1 with 2279 viewsGlyn1

If Dyer does go, does that mean there's a space in the first team squad? If so, then who fills it?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Dyer to Leicester on 15:40 - Sep 1 with 2239 viewslondonlisa2001

Dyer to Leicester on 15:34 - Sep 1 by Dr_Winston

I still think Routs is the one of the two that can create something.
Dyer to Leicester on 15:44 - Sep 1 with 2200 viewsjasper_T

Dyer to Leicester on 15:37 - Sep 1 by Glyn1

If Dyer does go, does that mean there's a space in the first team squad? If so, then who fills it?

"Wingers":
Montero
Ayew
Routledge
Emnes
Tabanou (only played one season as a LB, previously LW)
Barrow (back in October)
Hedges (looked good at Orient in league 1)
James (17 and tearing up the u21s, great prospect)

We're covered well considering we don't even need to play widemen.

The 25-man squad isn't something we desperately really need to fill up. Most teams don't unless they have european fixtures.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024