Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rivalry 10:20 - Oct 18 with 3326 viewscontroversial_jack

What's this intense rivalry between the Swans and Stoke that Wales on line keeps mentioning? Does it exist, or is it just this rag stirring the shit?
Rivalry on 10:57 - Oct 18 with 3280 viewsdgt73

What intense rivalry ? Have i missed something.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Rivalry on 11:00 - Oct 18 with 3272 viewsjackal

Rivalry on 10:57 - Oct 18 by dgt73

What intense rivalry ? Have i missed something.

There does seem to be a lot of mutual hatred. Have a look at their forum.
Any team with Shawcross and Adam and Hughes for a manager is not going to be lovable.
Rivalry on 11:07 - Oct 18 with 3251 viewsdgt73

Rivalry on 11:00 - Oct 18 by jackal

There does seem to be a lot of mutual hatred. Have a look at their forum.
Any team with Shawcross and Adam and Hughes for a manager is not going to be lovable.

Don't really care what their fans have to say.......stoke for me is just another game - wouldn't say i dislike them.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Rivalry on 11:48 - Oct 18 with 3143 viewsFlashberryjack

You're a "Stokeist"

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Rivalry on 12:14 - Oct 18 with 3072 viewsicecoldjack

Just sounds like shti stirring to me. Most clubs dislike them anyway, but in fairness they are trying to move away from kick to kill football.

Bojan was a player i thought would have been perfect for the Swans, ticked all the boxes in terms of age and quality, would have been a sensation playing for us and his move back to the top table would be a lot closer to happening playing in our system of football.
Rivalry on 12:40 - Oct 18 with 3035 viewsClinton

Hughes is turning them into more of a footballing side; whilst we, arguably, are moving towards being a more direct side.
Aside from Charlie Adams antics, such as that follow through on Fab last season, I cant see much to complain about.
Their fans are a bit rough and ready, but we are hardly big city sophisticates ourselves.
Live and let live.
Lets give them a hiding Monday, mind.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Rivalry on 13:39 - Oct 18 with 2962 viewsperchrockjack

Stoke on Trent working class, low waged, depressed, poor, labour to the core.

Loads in common

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Rivalry on 15:38 - Oct 18 with 2830 viewsEdmundo

No rivalry at fan level, but at club level yes. They are pretty much on a par with us, so always nice to have one over in them👍

The 'incidents' have just 'stoked' the fire (excuse the pun) 😉

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Login to get fewer ads

Rivalry on 23:46 - Oct 18 with 2603 viewsBenJ94

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/249213/swansea-fans?page=3 They really don't like us
Rivalry on 06:19 - Oct 19 with 2549 viewsjack247

Its just because of the little spat Garry had with Mark Hughes over Victor Moses diving. Nothing worth getting excited about, but it probably gets them a few extra page views.
Rivalry on 08:22 - Oct 19 with 2483 viewslifelong

Rivalry on 13:39 - Oct 18 by perchrockjack

Stoke on Trent working class, low waged, depressed, poor, labour to the core.

Loads in common

You speak for yourself.
Rivalry on 11:50 - Oct 19 with 2388 viewsClinton

Rivalry on 23:46 - Oct 18 by BenJ94

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/249213/swansea-fans?page=3 They really don't like us

Just read that thread.
Seems its Garry they mostly dislike.
Not bothered, just sayin'.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Rivalry on 11:59 - Oct 19 with 2373 viewsBLAZE

They've had a massive chip on their shoulder since we arrived. For years they peddled the myth (trying to convince themselves more than anyone else) that they employed their chosen brand of football because it was the only way a relatively small club could compete against the big hitters.... Then we turned up and proved them wrong. There has been a lot of bitterness over the last few years but mainly eminating from their side

Them, Norwich and QPR are the 3 sides I look forward to beating. Southampton now too.
Rivalry on 15:58 - Oct 19 with 2204 viewswestside

can't stand hughes no.2 bowen.

when they were at qpr he slaughtered us on the telly saying the swans would struggle because brendan had left to go to liverpool.

yet we went to loftus road first game under laudrup and put five past them.
Rivalry on 17:49 - Oct 19 with 2101 viewsLeonisGod

Rivalry on 06:19 - Oct 19 by jack247

Its just because of the little spat Garry had with Mark Hughes over Victor Moses diving. Nothing worth getting excited about, but it probably gets them a few extra page views.

Goes back a bit longer than that. Most games we've played in the prem have had a bit of an edge, not helped by the shocking 3-3 match a couple of seasons ago when the ref lost the plot. The one before that was a bit edgy as well. If anything it probably stems from our fans being superior over their lack of style under Pulis.
Rivalry on 17:53 - Oct 19 with 2093 viewsLeonisGod

Rivalry on 23:46 - Oct 18 by BenJ94

Eh, nothing to see there.

Going to be a tough one tonight. They've got some quality and have run into some form. We've got some quality annd are out of form on the road, but stronger at home. Think we'll nick it by the odd goal. 2-1
Rivalry on 17:54 - Oct 19 with 2093 viewsRancid

We've always had beef with Stoke fans for years.A few of their fans went into the Queens early 90's and got the shit kicked out of them.After that they always came down in numbers looking for revenge.I'm sure it was them that stormed the Gari in that night game Andy Legg scored that screamer past Grobelaar.
Rivalry on 18:06 - Oct 19 with 2072 viewsupvcjack

Think it was borough that stormed the gari
Rivalry on 18:11 - Oct 19 with 2056 viewsRancid

Rivalry on 18:06 - Oct 19 by upvcjack

Think it was borough that stormed the gari

They did but Stoke did too, I'm sure.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024