Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To the "We need a left back" crew 21:01 - Nov 21 with 4465 viewsSS2013

Hope Neil stuck it up to the lot of you today, MOM for me by quite some way.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2015 21:02]

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

To the "We need a left back" crew on 21:23 - Nov 21 with 2608 viewsAquinas

I'd disagree.

Ayew was better. Maybe not a great performance over the 90mins but he scored a goal with a finish no one else in our squad would have even considered trying and he won us a (dubious) penalty.

After seeing Eder play a full 90 I think Ayew needs to play up front next game.
To the "We need a left back" crew on 21:25 - Nov 21 with 2599 viewsSS2013

To the "We need a left back" crew on 21:23 - Nov 21 by Aquinas

I'd disagree.

Ayew was better. Maybe not a great performance over the 90mins but he scored a goal with a finish no one else in our squad would have even considered trying and he won us a (dubious) penalty.

After seeing Eder play a full 90 I think Ayew needs to play up front next game.

An attacker will always take the plaudits.... and I though Ayew was good today btw

To the "We need a left back" crew on 21:25 - Nov 21 with 2597 viewslovejuicejack

WTF... Neil was worse than ever, pass back crew more like
To the "We need a left back" crew on 21:28 - Nov 21 with 2575 viewsdeanscfc

I still think we need a left back. An OKgame against Bournemouth after many poor ones doesn't change the fact that he isn't a top 10 premier league player (as that was where we wanted to be aiming).
To the "We need a left back" (n/t) on 21:29 - Nov 21 with 2566 viewsmatthewkai

To the "We need a left back" crew on 21:30 - Nov 21 with 2552 viewsDr_Winston

A left back capable of doing more than half the job required of one these days is still very much required.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

To the "We need a left back" crew on 21:30 - Nov 21 with 2552 viewsPozuelosSideys

People still complaining about Taylor? Jeez, take a look at our other fullback. Exhibit A (and i dont have to even go back a game or two) today - Bournemouth goal number 1?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

To the "We need a left back" crew on 21:31 - Nov 21 with 2547 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Fair play, it takes a special character to come out after today's performance with puffed chest and give a big thumbs up to any of our players, let alone a random left-back who did f*ck-all.

Broad church.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Login to get fewer ads

To the "We need a left back" crew on 21:33 - Nov 21 with 2520 viewslovejuicejack

To the "We need a left back" crew on 21:30 - Nov 21 by PozuelosSideys

People still complaining about Taylor? Jeez, take a look at our other fullback. Exhibit A (and i dont have to even go back a game or two) today - Bournemouth goal number 1?

Naughton was crud today too, don't worry
To the "We need a left back" crew on 21:34 - Nov 21 with 2506 viewsDarran

TBH I can't understand anyone criticising Taylor when he's got nobody playing in front of him.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

To the "We need a left back" crew on 21:36 - Nov 21 with 2493 viewslovejuicejack

To the "We need a left back" crew on 21:34 - Nov 21 by Darran

TBH I can't understand anyone criticising Taylor when he's got nobody playing in front of him.

They don't bother playing in front of him as they know he can't pass forwards innit
To the "We need a left back" crew on 21:47 - Nov 21 with 2452 viewsTim_Harry

To the "We need a left back" crew on 21:30 - Nov 21 by Dr_Winston

A left back capable of doing more than half the job required of one these days is still very much required.

A left back in today's system would have been required to do the defending of a left back and the combined attacking responsibilities of a left back and left winger.

Bit too much for one player.

The one time we played with two natural wingers recently was against Villa. Barrow came on and Ayew went into the middle. The outcome: more space on the right, Naughton puts a cross in and Ayew finishes.

Unfortunately the manager doesn't like playing with two natural wingers.
To the "We need a left back" crew on 21:47 - Nov 21 with 2451 viewsmax936

To the "We need a left back" crew on 21:36 - Nov 21 by lovejuicejack

They don't bother playing in front of him as they know he can't pass forwards innit

Taylor did ok for me most of the game, you get what you get from Taylor game in game out, the other full back on the other hand had an absolute shocker the first half hr especially, as for Eder I think most knew what to expect from him, I thought Ki had a shocker in that first half as well and didn't improve that greatly in the second half, I did wonder why he played the whole game as well to be honest, I think cork [seems to be down the pecking order at the minute] might have been a better option playing just in front of Leon, he didn't have the best of games, but in fairness he's hardly featured much like Bartley, also Ash seemed all over the place in the first 30 mins also, only good thing today was that we didn't lose, but notsure where we go from here with games against a Liverpool side that played very well and won very well against a M City side who in all fairness seemed to lack quality of sharpness in the last 3rd, then its Leicester marvellous, then M City who surely won't be as poor as they were tonight, worrying times for me.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

To the "We need a left back" crew on 21:50 - Nov 21 with 2441 viewslovejuicejack

To the "We need a left back" crew on 21:47 - Nov 21 by max936

Taylor did ok for me most of the game, you get what you get from Taylor game in game out, the other full back on the other hand had an absolute shocker the first half hr especially, as for Eder I think most knew what to expect from him, I thought Ki had a shocker in that first half as well and didn't improve that greatly in the second half, I did wonder why he played the whole game as well to be honest, I think cork [seems to be down the pecking order at the minute] might have been a better option playing just in front of Leon, he didn't have the best of games, but in fairness he's hardly featured much like Bartley, also Ash seemed all over the place in the first 30 mins also, only good thing today was that we didn't lose, but notsure where we go from here with games against a Liverpool side that played very well and won very well against a M City side who in all fairness seemed to lack quality of sharpness in the last 3rd, then its Leicester marvellous, then M City who surely won't be as poor as they were tonight, worrying times for me.

Agree with most of that problem is the Swansea way was built on attacking wingers a la Rangel you just don't get that with Taylor and I'm afraid it drags the whole play down
To the "We need a left back" crew on 21:53 - Nov 21 with 2425 viewsSS2013

To the "We need a left back" crew on 21:31 - Nov 21 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Fair play, it takes a special character to come out after today's performance with puffed chest and give a big thumbs up to any of our players, let alone a random left-back who did f*ck-all.

Broad church.

Did you go to the game today ?

To the "We need a left back" crew on 21:57 - Nov 21 with 2411 viewsSS2013

To the "We need a left back" crew on 21:25 - Nov 21 by lovejuicejack

WTF... Neil was worse than ever, pass back crew more like

Clueless :)

To the "We need a left back" crew on 21:57 - Nov 21 with 2411 viewsDr_Winston

To the "We need a left back" crew on 21:47 - Nov 21 by Tim_Harry

A left back in today's system would have been required to do the defending of a left back and the combined attacking responsibilities of a left back and left winger.

Bit too much for one player.

The one time we played with two natural wingers recently was against Villa. Barrow came on and Ayew went into the middle. The outcome: more space on the right, Naughton puts a cross in and Ayew finishes.

Unfortunately the manager doesn't like playing with two natural wingers.

It's only this season we haven't had two natural wingers. Taylor's incapability going forward has been evident a lot longer than that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

To the "We need a left back" crew on 22:05 - Nov 21 with 2377 viewsTim_Harry

To the "We need a left back" crew on 21:57 - Nov 21 by Dr_Winston

It's only this season we haven't had two natural wingers. Taylor's incapability going forward has been evident a lot longer than that.

I agree with you 100%.

Just pointing out that today's tactics gave zero attacking threat from the left. We also had zero threat on the right as usual as well.

Shame really. New right winger and a new manager and we could have both.

We also have a left back who apparently had the best assists for a defender in the French league last year. Forget his name now though.
To the "We need a left back" crew on 22:07 - Nov 21 with 2366 viewsmagicdaps10

An attacking full back who has the winger infront of him going infield should have a field day getting forward. Taylor does a solid job but without a good winger infront of him, we have no attacking threat down the left side..........................because he is poor getting forward.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

To the "We need a left back" crew on 22:07 - Nov 21 with 2364 viewsDr_Winston

To the "We need a left back" crew on 22:05 - Nov 21 by Tim_Harry

I agree with you 100%.

Just pointing out that today's tactics gave zero attacking threat from the left. We also had zero threat on the right as usual as well.

Shame really. New right winger and a new manager and we could have both.

We also have a left back who apparently had the best assists for a defender in the French league last year. Forget his name now though.

I still think we could utilise Ayew properly even out wide.

He strikes me as a Freddie Ljungberg/Robert Pires type. Not necessarily a touchline hugger but still capable of contributing a lot from a wide position.

Trouble is it would take a manager a lot more tactically capable than the one we possess to implement it.

To the "We need a left back" crew on 22:08 - Nov 21 with 2353 viewsDarran

To the "We need a left back" crew on 21:36 - Nov 21 by lovejuicejack

I want to see who'd up arrowed your post and accidentally up arrowed it
It was Dr Winston,strange up arrow.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

To the "We need a left back" crew on 22:09 - Nov 21 with 2352 viewsSS2013

Again, i'm guessing someone that doesn't attend games, Neil had 3 decent runs in op half and a good shot off.

To the "We need a left back" crew on 22:10 - Nov 21 with 2342 viewsmax936

Is the correct answer.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

To the "We need a left back" crew on 22:10 - Nov 21 with 2342 viewsDr_Winston

To the "We need a left back" crew on 22:09 - Nov 21 by SS2013

Again, i'm guessing someone that doesn't attend games, Neil had 3 decent runs in op half and a good shot off.

I attend lots of games thanks.

Three decent runs in 90 minutes. Well, I'm convinced.

To the "We need a left back" crew on 22:11 - Nov 21 with 2335 viewsSS2013

To the "We need a left back" crew on 22:10 - Nov 21 by Dr_Winston

I attend lots of games thanks.

Three decent runs in 90 minutes. Well, I'm convinced.

Didn't attend today's obviously :)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024