Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All fans are entitled to boo as well as cheer 13:18 - Nov 22 with 2864 viewsDICKIETAPISAJACK

What's this nonsense about not booing your team? I've followed the Swans since I was 6, I am now 40. I go home & away, I've been to the likes of Macclesfield, Rushden & Diamonds, Lincoln, Stockport, even Carlisle on a Tuesday night. If I want to show my disgust at sub-standard performances then I will. Overpaid premier league footballers & manager's are quick enough to take the plaudits, they should be man enough to take some stick if they're not producing the goods. They'd be quick enough to complain in a restaurant if their food was cold. All fans spend a small fortune to follow the Swans & by God they're entitled to air their views whatever they maybe. Frankly since Man United, all the players & backroom staff would owe the club a small fortune, if they were on performance related pay. Over sensitive fans, players & staff should grow a pair and man up.

Happy Days :-)

All fans are entitled to boo as well as cheer on 14:36 - Nov 22 with 2800 viewsKingBony

Aside from not "supporting" the team, however badly they might be playing at the moment it really doesn't do anything to help the situation.

I was as miffed off as I can remember yesterday but what's the point in booing?
They already know that performance was not good enough so it's just creating more negativity when we really don't need it.

As a player who had just let down the fans with a sub standard performance but all I saw was clapping and encouragement that would personally make me want to work even harder for people who had supported me though a difficult spell rather than people who had booed.

Don't get me wrong I'm not happy watching the swans at the moment and I'm not getting that excitement we've all been so used to but then again I know I'll be there if the worst does happen and we end up back in the lower divisions.

So what exactly does booing the team actually achieve?

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

All fans are entitled to boo as well as cheer on 14:38 - Nov 22 with 2791 viewsDr_Winston

Do they already know that the performance wasn't good enough? According to the boss they did well to come back...

Fans pay their hard earned to get into games. They're just as entitled to let the team know their displeasure as they are to cheer and applaud.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

All fans are entitled to boo as well as cheer on 14:41 - Nov 22 with 2780 viewsKingBony

All fans are entitled to boo as well as cheer on 14:38 - Nov 22 by Dr_Winston

Do they already know that the performance wasn't good enough? According to the boss they did well to come back...

Fans pay their hard earned to get into games. They're just as entitled to let the team know their displeasure as they are to cheer and applaud.

I think they know Doc, just listen to any of them in interviews individually, forget about what Garry is saying. What's he meant to say? He's protecting them. If he came out every week and said they were shit do you think that's good man management?

Just to be clear my opinion on booing is just that, my opinion I'd never suggest people are not entitled to do it.

All fans are entitled to boo as well as cheer on 15:00 - Nov 22 with 2737 viewsjojaca

All fans are entitled to boo as well as cheer on 14:41 - Nov 22 by KingBony

I think they know Doc, just listen to any of them in interviews individually, forget about what Garry is saying. What's he meant to say? He's protecting them. If he came out every week and said they were shit do you think that's good man management?

Just to be clear my opinion on booing is just that, my opinion I'd never suggest people are not entitled to do it.

The time to show your discontent is after the half time and full time whistle. If I was not a season ticket holder, I would not pay £35/£45 to watch our current style.

Even when you know, you never know?

All fans are entitled to boo as well as cheer on 15:30 - Nov 22 with 2675 viewsKingBony

All fans are entitled to boo as well as cheer on 15:00 - Nov 22 by jojaca

The time to show your discontent is after the half time and full time whistle. If I was not a season ticket holder, I would not pay £35/£45 to watch our current style.

You don't have to renew whether you boo or not mate.

All fans are entitled to boo as well as cheer on 15:57 - Nov 22 with 2627 viewsdobjack2

All fans are entitled to boo as well as cheer on 15:00 - Nov 22 by jojaca

Agree don't think that booing while the game is being played helps. Booing at half time or full time when a performance stinks is understandable.
All fans are entitled to boo as well as cheer on 16:08 - Nov 22 with 2605 viewsDICKIETAPISAJACK

Fans don't have to renew season tickets, thats true, but if we did go down, which is a distinct possibility, the players will naff off somewhere else, most of them at least, the manager will probably get the boot, who's left? The fans. I'd rather they just shut up in the media & concentrate on performing on the pitch. If they're behind the manager, they need to stop playing like one legged penguins & prove it. Talk is cheap, season & match day tickets, home or away are not. Next 7 games are Liverpool A, Leicester H, Man C A, West Ham H, WBA H, Palace A, Man U A. The way we are playing that's 1 win in 17 ( people forget the Hull lge cup defeat). EVERY fan is entitled to VFM, getting beat is fine, if u put up a fight, getting beat the way we "performing" is a disgrace & they're not fit to wear the shirt.

Happy Days :-)

All fans are entitled to boo as well as cheer on 17:37 - Nov 22 with 2506 viewsjack247

Booing during the game is counterproductive. Half time I'm not convinced it is ideal either.

At the final whistle, absolutely if the performance merits it. The result (although nothing to shout about) saved a lot of justified booing yesterday.
Login to get fewer ads

All fans are entitled to boo as well as cheer on 21:28 - Nov 22 with 2376 viewsHighjack

I think the loud groaning at the slightest mistake or a backwards pass is far more damaging, and is probably a big reason why the players are always going for the simple option.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

All fans are entitled to boo as well as cheer on 21:52 - Nov 22 with 2348 viewsPacemaker

All fans are entitled to boo as well as cheer on 21:28 - Nov 22 by Highjack

I think the loud groaning at the slightest mistake or a backwards pass is far more damaging, and is probably a big reason why the players are always going for the simple option.

I can remember being at Wolves the first year we were promoted and their fans were on their backs from the start, it clearly effected the players who looked frightened to have the ball.

Although Mick McCarthy was the manager so that could have been half the problem.

Boo at the end if you want but I feel a look of pure disappointment is the best way to give feedback😟

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

All fans are entitled to boo as well as cheer on 22:01 - Nov 22 with 2339 viewsmonmouth

All fans are entitled to boo as well as cheer on 21:52 - Nov 22 by Pacemaker

I can remember being at Wolves the first year we were promoted and their fans were on their backs from the start, it clearly effected the players who looked frightened to have the ball.

Although Mick McCarthy was the manager so that could have been half the problem.

Boo at the end if you want but I feel a look of pure disappointment is the best way to give feedback😟

Funny enough I was thinking of that Wolves match after yesterday and how they scraped an undeserved draw, and how gutted we were and how despite spawning that result they never really recovered. I don't believe in deja vu though. I've been through it too many times.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024