Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread 14:43 - Jan 9 with 63209 viewsjackharris

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:56 - Jan 9 with 11863 viewsjackharris

Probable line up - based on Alan Curtis' comments regarding the team being very similar to the Palace line-up, journalists stating Shelvey and Tabanou will start, etc

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:58 - Jan 9 with 11853 viewsBenJ94

Can't see much wrong with that team, really looking forward to this one! COYS!
The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 14:59 - Jan 9 with 11848 viewsOldjack

On paper that looks a decent team

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:01 - Jan 9 with 11835 viewsDarran

Why aren't we playing in white?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:06 - Jan 9 with 11816 viewsjackharris

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:06 - Jan 9 with 11813 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:01 - Jan 9 by Darran

It clashes with people who have a black & white set .

Ask Perchie 😄

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:09 - Jan 9 with 11803 viewsjackharris

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:01 - Jan 9 by Darran

It's being washed for Wednesday, mun! We have had 72 days of rain in a row and it has had no chance to have been put on the washing line yet!

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:25 - Jan 9 with 11756 viewsmonmouth

Why wouldn't Tabanou be playing left back?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:56 - Jan 9 with 11717 viewsmarchamjack

Been pssing down most of the day up here in Oxon (still raining now). Hope game will be on, although imagine pitch will not be good.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 17:06 - Jan 9 with 11653 viewsjackharris

Forecast not too bad for tomorrow!

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 17:10 - Jan 9 with 11640 viewsairedale

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:25 - Jan 9 by monmouth

Yeah. I reckon that if he plays, it will be at left back.
The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 17:47 - Jan 9 with 11598 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 15:25 - Jan 9 by monmouth

Unless Taylor gets hurt, Tabanou's best opportunities for meaningful (PL) time on the pitch will be at the wing.

I'd like to see him start out at wing tomorrow, then perhaps sub out Kingsley and move him to left back later in the game.

On a personal note, it will be nice to see a Swans' cup tie on TV in the USA for a change! Airing live nationwide at 6 am Texas time on Fox Sports 1.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 17:58 - Jan 9 with 11578 viewsbargoedjack

I've been thinking about the team selection for Sunday and taking into account some of the Oxford comments about us not knowing what to expect from a lower league team ... also Curt's comments about team selection.

So we know Nordfelt, Tabanou and Shelvey will play too from AC's comments. Seems to make sense to build a team with a good proportion of players who've got experience of the lower leagues.

So for me, I'd play Rangel (and keep Naughton for Wednesday), Ash - he's shown he doesn't get fatigued or easily injured, Grimes, Leon, and maybe McBurnie - he's been scoring in League Two the past couple of seasons. Taylor might play using this logic too, though maybe Tabanou plays LB with Montero further forward.

Centre back - Bartley gets the nod -save FF for Sunderland - and while I like Amat better than Bartley (who has seems to have a rush of blood at least once every game that leaves us exposed), I think for this game Bartley's experience in the Championship and his height will give us something for this game.

The other thing that can kill a lower league team is pace - so I'd love to see what Barrow and Montero would do to their full backs.

So my team:

Nordfelt
DEFENCE
Rangel/ Bartley/ Ash /and either NT or Tabanou
MIDFIELD
Leon/ Grimes/ Shelvey
WINGS
Barrow/ and either Montero or Tabanou
STRIKER
McBurnie

SUBS
Fabianski/Amat or FF/Kingsley or NT/ Gylfi/ Cork/ Gomis
The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 18:49 - Jan 9 with 11498 viewsbuilthjack

Start with a decent team, other clubs do, and they have games either Tues or Wed.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 18:56 - Jan 9 with 11474 viewsmarchamjack

still lashing down

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 19:23 - Jan 9 with 11430 viewsAl_Bundy

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 17:58 - Jan 9 by bargoedjack

I've been thinking about the team selection for Sunday and taking into account some of the Oxford comments about us not knowing what to expect from a lower league team ... also Curt's comments about team selection.

So we know Nordfelt, Tabanou and Shelvey will play too from AC's comments. Seems to make sense to build a team with a good proportion of players who've got experience of the lower leagues.

So for me, I'd play Rangel (and keep Naughton for Wednesday), Ash - he's shown he doesn't get fatigued or easily injured, Grimes, Leon, and maybe McBurnie - he's been scoring in League Two the past couple of seasons. Taylor might play using this logic too, though maybe Tabanou plays LB with Montero further forward.

Centre back - Bartley gets the nod -save FF for Sunderland - and while I like Amat better than Bartley (who has seems to have a rush of blood at least once every game that leaves us exposed), I think for this game Bartley's experience in the Championship and his height will give us something for this game.

The other thing that can kill a lower league team is pace - so I'd love to see what Barrow and Montero would do to their full backs.

So my team:

Nordfelt
DEFENCE
Rangel/ Bartley/ Ash /and either NT or Tabanou
MIDFIELD
Leon/ Grimes/ Shelvey
WINGS
Barrow/ and either Montero or Tabanou
STRIKER
McBurnie

SUBS
Fabianski/Amat or FF/Kingsley or NT/ Gylfi/ Cork/ Gomis

Oxford strength is pace and passing and not the aerial game.. i would rather Amat to Bartley for this one and also play Naughton. I would keep Rangel back for the Sunderland game.

Would also like to see tabanou out wide or will AC surprise us and rest Taylor.and play Tabanou at LB.

Think Gomis needs to play and score and get his confidence up.
The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 19:36 - Jan 9 with 11396 viewsfbreath

As we apparently don't have any money to buy a new forward, do you think Oxford would let us keep the gate receipts

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 19:37 - Jan 9 with 11392 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 18:49 - Jan 9 by builthjack

Start with a decent team, other clubs do, and they have games either Tues or Wed.

Except Wednesday is one of the two most important fixtures of the 2nd half (along with @ Newcastle).

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 19:57 - Jan 9 with 11352 viewsnyc_swans

Eder should play tomorrow. Far too soon to give up on him.
The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 20:30 - Jan 9 with 11283 viewsperchrockjack

Eh

Black and white.?

Aye, black and white minstrels were in colour and not being poor ,we had a colour set.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 21:20 - Jan 9 with 11191 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 19:36 - Jan 9 by fbreath

As we apparently don't have any money to buy a new forward, do you think Oxford would let us keep the gate receipts

50/50 split. We'll be fücking minted.
The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 21:24 - Jan 9 with 11183 viewsLoyal

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 18:56 - Jan 9 by marchamjack

still lashing down

Serious question, the Kassam isnt the oldest stadium, do they not have irrigation of some sort ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 21:39 - Jan 9 with 11144 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 21:24 - Jan 9 by Loyal

Serious question, the Kassam isnt the oldest stadium, do they not have irrigation of some sort ?

Colonic.
The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 22:15 - Jan 9 with 11074 viewsmysonsarejacks

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 21:24 - Jan 9 by Loyal

The pitch was one of the first (if not THE first??) in this country to have the plastic interweave technology, and is quite modern so should manage rain ok.

I am really excited about this game (naturally!) my boyhood team vs my adopted team. Just a shame i can't go and trying to dodge hearing the score until I can watch it late Sunday night.

Poll: John Terry transfer ?

The Official Oxford United v Swansea City FA Cup Sponsored By Emirates Thread on 22:15 - Jan 9 with 11072 viewsskippyjack

Come on Curt.. bring the trophy home!.. Do it for Harry and that 1963-64 team!

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024