Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread 02:08 - Jan 17 with 34883 viewsjackharris

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 18:22 - Jan 18 with 2319 viewsnavyjack

The team against (in my view) started our slump. Was there for the fixture and remember coming away feeling really downbeat.terrible performance.

Heres hoping it will also be the team against which our recovery starts!..
The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 18:26 - Jan 18 with 2289 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 13:29 - Jan 18 by Elward

Kompany has scored 13 goals and Ivanovic has scored 21. There are plenty of other defenders who creep in with a goal every so often too. It baffles me how we get a corner and everyone starts clapping and cheering. There a burden more then anything to us.

The funny (in a sad way) thing is that the only time we've even come close on a corner lately, it was Fabianski's header.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 18:30 - Jan 18 with 2259 viewsnavyjack

We have been struggling to get throw-ins right never mind the corners!...
The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 18:47 - Jan 18 with 2172 viewsTom1912

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 18:30 - Jan 18 by navyjack

We have been struggling to get throw-ins right never mind the corners!...

It really annoys me how bad we are at throw ins.

How can't we even get that right?
The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 18:51 - Jan 18 with 2142 viewsnavyjack

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 18:47 - Jan 18 by Tom1912

Sums up our movement. Or lack of it....
The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 18:58 - Jan 18 with 2091 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 18:47 - Jan 18 by Tom1912

Rangel seems to be the best at it, but he can't throw in on both sides.
The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 19:00 - Jan 18 with 2078 viewsdailew

Fabianski
Naughton, Fernandez, Williams (C), Taylor
Britton, Cork, Ki, Sigurdsson, Routledge
Ayew

Subs. Nordfeldt, Rangel, Amat, Barrow, Montero, Emnes, Gomis.

4-5-1?

[Post edited 18 Jan 2016 19:01]

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 19:01 - Jan 18 with 2057 viewsTheKirkyLife

It's the diamond then. Very silly selection given that the last two teams to stifle Watford played 3 at the back...
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 19:03 - Jan 18 with 2015 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 19:00 - Jan 18 by dailew

Fabianski
Naughton, Fernandez, Williams (C), Taylor
Britton, Cork, Ki, Sigurdsson, Routledge
Ayew

Subs. Nordfeldt, Rangel, Amat, Barrow, Montero, Emnes, Gomis.

4-5-1?

[Post edited 18 Jan 2016 19:01]

Jees, what has Barrow got to do to get a regular starting place?
If they are going to use the pacemen as impact subs they had better not leave it too late.

This is "negative" football for a Home game.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2016 19:04]
The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 19:08 - Jan 18 with 1963 views3swan

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 19:03 - Jan 18 by A_Fans_Dad

Jees, what has Barrow got to do to get a regular starting place?
If they are going to use the pacemen as impact subs they had better not leave it too late.

This is "negative" football for a Home game.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2016 19:04]

Is it negative or looking for a solid start and then maybe pace in the second half.

Hope we build into the game and increase our confidence. No conceding an early goal
The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 19:10 - Jan 18 with 1940 viewsPozuelosSideys

Dont like the idea of both Britton and Cork playing in the same side, especially at home. Leaves us lacking creativity and go-forward in the middle and makes it much easier to defend against out wide as thats where the threat will come from.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 19:10 - Jan 18 with 1936 viewsAl_Bundy

Low on confidence stop them scoring line up ... If we believe the squad is good enough we should be taking this to Watford.
The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 19:12 - Jan 18 with 1910 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 19:08 - Jan 18 by 3swan

Is it negative or looking for a solid start and then maybe pace in the second half.

Hope we build into the game and increase our confidence. No conceding an early goal

Isn't the Diamond designed for break away attacks?
In which case the only person on the field with any speed at all is Routs and he is not that fast.
The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 19:15 - Jan 18 with 1888 viewsPozuelosSideys

If thats a diamond, im concerned.

We created feck all at home against West Ham, and they had lots of injuries. Watford will offer much more threat on the counter. We MUST score first.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 19:15 - Jan 18 with 1887 views3swan

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 19:12 - Jan 18 by A_Fans_Dad

Isn't the Diamond designed for break away attacks?
In which case the only person on the field with any speed at all is Routs and he is not that fast.

He's not that fast, but has ghosted behind a defence by timing his runs correctly.

Let's give it a chance, we need the 3 points , but not all out attack from a team low on confidence
The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 19:18 - Jan 18 with 1855 viewsnavyjack

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 19:01 - Jan 18 by TheKirkyLife

It's the diamond then. Very silly selection given that the last two teams to stifle Watford played 3 at the back...

Do we set up at home to stifle the opposition or beat them?. If its the former then it says it all really.
The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 19:25 - Jan 18 with 1787 viewsmonmouth

Surprised at no Barrow. Maybe being blamed for Anholt tearing us one after the sending off but he looked by far our biggest threat and God knows we need one. Oh well never mind. Lets do it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 19:38 - Jan 18 with 1672 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 19:15 - Jan 18 by 3swan

He's not that fast, but has ghosted behind a defence by timing his runs correctly.

Let's give it a chance, we need the 3 points , but not all out attack from a team low on confidence

Funny, I actually thought that the team showed quite a bit of Confidence against Sunderland and were right to do so.
The setup may be trying to mirror what Southampton did, which is to deprive their front two of the ball.
The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 19:39 - Jan 18 with 1656 viewsAl_Bundy

Things i want to see tonight -

Want us to man mark at set pieces and corners

Want the midfield and track back and not leave our back four exposed to direct runners from Watford

Want Taylor to look up and pass forward and not the predictable cut in and pass it to Ash everytime

If we manage a cross from a breakaway i want to see someone at the back post coming in looking to convert that cross

I don't want us to overpass it just so we can claim a possession win without any cutting edge

I want us to see us matching Watford for pace and not play this pedestrian tempo we seem to relish doing.

I want to see passion and busting a gut in a white shirt to earn the win.

I want Routledge to stand up and be counted and not go in his shell if his first few touches go astray.

I want our players to prove to everyone they are good enough win tonight and kick on.
The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 19:40 - Jan 18 with 1643 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Have you noticed the Ref?
It is that nice Michael Oliver.
The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 19:41 - Jan 18 with 1642 viewslancasterswan

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 19:08 - Jan 18 by 3swan

Leon doesn't 'do' 90 apparently so go with it, and bring Borrow on later, pref 20 mins plus. Get tonight out of the way, with points of course :-) . After the cup exit we have a winter break. Get away everyone I say and get to know each other somewhere warm? Not a bad idea.
The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 19:41 - Jan 18 with 1640 viewsLandore_Jack

Routledge over Barrow. Absolute joke.

#backtojack

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 19:42 - Jan 18 with 1629 viewslancasterswan

Barrow, sorry
The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 19:44 - Jan 18 with 1595 viewsAl_Bundy

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 19:41 - Jan 18 by Landore_Jack

Routledge over Barrow. Absolute joke.

Battle of the Championship players at present.
The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 19:46 - Jan 18 with 1575 viewsLandore_Jack

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 19:44 - Jan 18 by Al_Bundy

Battle of the Championship players at present.

Barrow played far better than Routledge against Sunderland. Very unlucky to be dropped.

#backtojack

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024