Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons 18:33 - Jan 23 with 15234 viewsDICKIETAPISAJACK

Whilst we are a small fish in a big pond, (so are Bournemouth) next season the TV money goes through the roof & to a club like ours it will be like winning the lottery. It is imperative that we stay up. I don't think anyone can deny that if we had a guy that cud guarantee you 15 goals a season, we would pull clear of the dreaded drop. Yet our board turned down the opportunity to sign Naismith & Austin, as it has already been pointed out on this site, both scored today. We are ALWAYS taking the cheap option, whilst I have fully supported the conservative approach towards transfer fees in the past, risking relegation because you don't want to spend the fees that both Naismith & Austin went for is cutting your nose off to spite your face. It's greedy & stupidity by the board. The less the club spends, the more profit it makes and therefore the more dividends the directors can pay themselves. We are always doing things on the cheap, we appointed Mok cos he was cheap, we delayed sacking him to avoid paying up his contract, we placed a magnificent servant like Alan Curtis in an impossible position, because they wanted to avoid appointing a full time manager, who we would have to buy out his contract of his current club. & now we risk it all by playing Russian roulette with our premier league future. No wonder Jenkins has been bankrupt so often, he has bounced more times then Zebedee! They need to wake up, smell the coffee, & realise that they have to speculate to accumulate, just thus once. De Guzman & Sinclair is just going backwards, & will not solve the goalscoring problem. If we go down, how many of you will think we will comeback, honestly, with all bias aside? This is the one time they need to flash the cash. How much dividends do they think they can pay themselves in the championship with a half empty stadium? Tight fisted & short sighted morons

Happy Days :-)

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 09:59 - Jan 24 with 1563 viewsmonmouth

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 00:09 - Jan 24 by Darran

He makes a good point though the blokes a f*cking nutter.

But I'm a nice cuddly sort of moron that won't call people w*nkers even when they are acting like complete w*nkers. After all, it's only football related w*nk. Maybe they're kind to animals and children and help little old ladies across the mersey....drat, I mean road. Not thinking of anyone specific here.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:03 - Jan 24 with 1552 viewsPhil_S

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 09:56 - Jan 24 by jack247

Fair enough. Shouldn't have put it in quote marks. That's all anyone sensible wants though. No one wants us to sign world class players, just players better than what we have up front.

It's all very well to say they are prepared to do it, as long as they go ahead and do it. We gambled on not replacing Danny Graham and we gambled on not replacing Bony when they were sold mid season. They were much smaller gamble though, because we were in much healthier league positions. Most people would have at least had an inkling there was a good chance Gomis would need competition/replacing months ago.

But it doesn't come away from the fact that we cannot sign a player for that kind of fee and then agree to a free transfer clause if he doesn't have the desired effect
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:04 - Jan 24 with 1547 viewsjack247

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 09:42 - Jan 24 by AngelRangelQS

"I don't see the issue with spending 'the bulk of the Shelvey money' in all honesty, unless we are being run worse than appears and it has already been allocated somewhere else"

Well clearly you didn't read the statement then because it said that the club had no issue paying the fee or the wages but did have an issue with that player demanding that if we get relegated he would have been released on a free.

So basically we'll have spent £12m for instance on a player in January only to give him away, for nothing, 5 months later. Given the hysterics over Bony's £19m release clause, can you imagine the stick the board would have got over that one?

It's easy to say that. There must be plenty of players out there who would improve us going forward, wouldn't cost as much as we sold Shelvey for, or what we were paying him in wages. We have had long enough to scout them, speak to clubs, agents etc. Signing a half decent striker would be a much more powerful statement than explaining why negotiations have broken down with other targets.

I'll be the first to congratulate the board when they bring someone decent in, the longer it goes though, the more games we are going to have to press on as we are and prices aren't going to drop unless it's a player whose club wants to unload him.
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:07 - Jan 24 with 1520 viewslovejuicejack

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:04 - Jan 24 by jack247

It's easy to say that. There must be plenty of players out there who would improve us going forward, wouldn't cost as much as we sold Shelvey for, or what we were paying him in wages. We have had long enough to scout them, speak to clubs, agents etc. Signing a half decent striker would be a much more powerful statement than explaining why negotiations have broken down with other targets.

I'll be the first to congratulate the board when they bring someone decent in, the longer it goes though, the more games we are going to have to press on as we are and prices aren't going to drop unless it's a player whose club wants to unload him.

Well clearly there is not and the board have said so, so it comes down to whether you believe them or not.
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:08 - Jan 24 with 1512 viewsjack247

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:03 - Jan 24 by Phil_S

But it doesn't come away from the fact that we cannot sign a player for that kind of fee and then agree to a free transfer clause if he doesn't have the desired effect

Agreed. It's not a realistic clause for a player to expect. Whoever that player is, needs to forget about that clause or the deal is dead in the water. We move on.

We are three weeks into the transfer window. There are players that would give us better options up front. They don't all cost £10m+, won't all have higher wage demands than Shelvey (and whatever we saved on Tabanous wages) and won't all demand ridiculous clauses.
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:09 - Jan 24 with 1511 viewshammy

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 23:48 - Jan 23 by PozuelosSideys

Gomis wasnt the sign of a cautious board at all. Its pretty well documented that he intended and executed the run down of his contract so he could receive a large signing on fee from whoever would pay it. That story dragged on for about 2 years. Same with Ayew.

Bottom line is people on here seem to think that spending money guarantees success and that buying players is exactly what we need - and given some of the suggestions on here it seems that any old sh1te will do, as long as its a body. Panic, panic, panic. Throw loads of money at it and hope for the best. Tbh, id rather bring nobody in than risk a load of expensive rubbish that would be like a massive financial weight around our necks fo ryears whether we stay up or go down.

People should look at all the players who have left us - some for big money and big fees - how many have been successful? Very, very few. Sometimes signings work, sometimes they wont. But people need to take the rose-tinted ones off and realise this isnt FM.

Exactly.

We are also not playing the same financial game as most of the rest of the PL clubs. The billionaires are way ahead of everyone and just compete amongst themselves for the supposedly best and most expensive players (e.g., Aguero, Sterling, Costa, etc.). Then there are most of the rest that have a sugar daddy or two to greatly supplement the over-inflated TV money. These teams, such as West Ham, Southampton and even Bournemouth, have far more funds to call upon than us, which makes it impossible for us to out-bid them, even for the likes of an injury-prone Charlie Austin.

We are left to pick up what is left or what we can find in the market that other teams have not come across (e.g., Michu). This is becoming more and more difficult, but maybe Guidolin can use his contacts to get us a couple of players before the end of the transfer window. We have shown in the past 4 years in the PL that we can compete on this basis and we need to knuckle down and ensure we do the best we can with what we've got, even if we can't get new players on board.

We've been reasonably tight defensively, especially compared to the teams in and around us (did you see the Norwich defence yesterday !) and this will give us a chance of points for the rest of the season. Admittedly if we had a confident striker capable of scoring 1 in 2 games then it would make our job a lot easier.

A point at Goodison today would be a great result.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:10 - Jan 24 with 1507 viewsjack247

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:07 - Jan 24 by lovejuicejack

Well clearly there is not and the board have said so, so it comes down to whether you believe them or not.

Sunderland, Bournemouth and Norwich have all signed players who would give us better options up front. I don't think any of them cost £12m. I don't know about the wages or any relegation clauses.
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:13 - Jan 24 with 1489 viewsperchrockjack

Shelves was sold for 12 million. Naismith ,apparently at 8 million too expensive.

We made 7mill profit on shelvey .

Is it so wrong to point this out

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:15 - Jan 24 with 1476 viewsPhil_S

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:08 - Jan 24 by jack247

Agreed. It's not a realistic clause for a player to expect. Whoever that player is, needs to forget about that clause or the deal is dead in the water. We move on.

We are three weeks into the transfer window. There are players that would give us better options up front. They don't all cost £10m+, won't all have higher wage demands than Shelvey (and whatever we saved on Tabanous wages) and won't all demand ridiculous clauses.

And can you imagine the reaction had we done something on 1st January and they turned out to be Eder Mark II

Equally as possible

Players that cost less are far more likely to be at that level so all round it has to be the right player and for years we have heard how shite the January window is for getting in total quality and value for money at the same time
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:16 - Jan 24 with 1469 viewsAngelRangelQS

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:10 - Jan 24 by jack247

Sunderland, Bournemouth and Norwich have all signed players who would give us better options up front. I don't think any of them cost £12m. I don't know about the wages or any relegation clauses.

Exactly, you don't know.

The statement from the trust suggests that they've had problems wherever they've turned. I would expect that a lot of these players would at the very least have wanted the same wages in the championship had we gone down.

Like has been said above, it all comes down to whether you believe or want to believe what you've been told
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:18 - Jan 24 with 1463 viewsPhil_S

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:13 - Jan 24 by perchrockjack

Shelves was sold for 12 million. Naismith ,apparently at 8 million too expensive.

I know its terrible that £7m is just sitting there waiting to be spent

IS it that you don't understand or that you don't want to understand? I cannot genuinely make my mind up

Naismith isn't the answer to Norwich's problems, Shelvey as was proved yesterday (and for most of the past 5 months here) was vastly over valued by a Newcastle side that have previous for doing much of the same

Hmmm, I wonder if that is why they have some of the problems that they have? Just a thought like
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:18 - Jan 24 with 1458 viewsAngelRangelQS

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:13 - Jan 24 by perchrockjack

Naismith isn't a striker. Where would you have played him?

Also, maybe Naismith wasn't prepared to take lower wages if relegated. Under those circumstances we'd have been right not to touch him.
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:20 - Jan 24 with 1447 viewsjack247

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:15 - Jan 24 by Phil_S

And can you imagine the reaction had we done something on 1st January and they turned out to be Eder Mark II

Equally as possible

Players that cost less are far more likely to be at that level so all round it has to be the right player and for years we have heard how shite the January window is for getting in total quality and value for money at the same time

Again, I agree with that. What I don't get is why we haven't had realistic targets lined up for early January, since it became apparent that Gomis was struggling and Eder wasn't up to it.

Depending on how Guidollin wants to set us up and if he sees Ayew as a midfielder or an emergency striker, we are potentially only one injury away from having to rely on Eder mark I.

I said at the start of the window, I was confident we would stay up, my only real worry was if teams around us strengthened and we didn't.
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:23 - Jan 24 with 1432 viewsPhil_S

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:20 - Jan 24 by jack247

Again, I agree with that. What I don't get is why we haven't had realistic targets lined up for early January, since it became apparent that Gomis was struggling and Eder wasn't up to it.

Depending on how Guidollin wants to set us up and if he sees Ayew as a midfielder or an emergency striker, we are potentially only one injury away from having to rely on Eder mark I.

I said at the start of the window, I was confident we would stay up, my only real worry was if teams around us strengthened and we didn't.

We did have targets lined up, we always have done so and it will be no different at the moment

However the terms of those players change with league position. For example Striker A would not have asked for a relegation clause had we been 10th in the table and seemingly not in that fight.

Was the same with managers, terms change when it comes to putting reputations and records on the line - little was said about the manager who wanted guarantees of no sales in January and, worse still, no sales on relegation

You are making it sound as if everyone has sat back and waited for January to come around which history will have told you is not the case.
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:24 - Jan 24 with 1423 viewsBorojack

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 09:36 - Jan 24 by Phil_S

Who said there was an issue with spending 'the bulk of the Shelvey money'?

Phil am I right in thinking if we get relegated the club will be ok financially as there will be relegation clauses built in.
But basically the majority of the top earners will be sold.
If we manage to stay up would like to think the board will try and get back to there old ways and find motivated hungry players as opposed to some of the mercenaries we seem to be attracting of late.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:25 - Jan 24 with 1420 viewsPhil_S

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:20 - Jan 24 by jack247

We could have got Naismith in, sold Ayew to Sunderland and got Danny Graham back to play up front

Would have been almost cost neutral based on what Sunderland wanted to offer
WOur board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:25 - Jan 24 with 1417 viewsperchrockjack

No Phillip.

Per hie is not saying that at all, neither is Richie.

Roger. I m not going to any more home games so I ll leave it to the likes of you ..that means getting passionate and getting upset.
You re in candy floss land ,son.

You lot really do not get it, do you.

Mentally, I d say it's accepted by most we re going down and it's only internet chutzpah being seen as positive post.

Seems too many don't really believe us to have a right to be in the big time.

We do .

Don't get angry with fellow fans, be so with those incompetent board members

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:25 - Jan 24 with 1417 viewsjack247

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:16 - Jan 24 by AngelRangelQS

Exactly, you don't know.

The statement from the trust suggests that they've had problems wherever they've turned. I would expect that a lot of these players would at the very least have wanted the same wages in the championship had we gone down.

Like has been said above, it all comes down to whether you believe or want to believe what you've been told

Well I do know what they cost. That information is freely available. So far, Jonjo. Is the most expensive signing of the window and we are the only relegation threatened club, bar Villa who are probably accepting their fate, not to have signed or loaned anyone. As well as being the one with the worst (IMO) striking options.
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:27 - Jan 24 with 1407 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Fack my facking eyes

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:27 - Jan 24 with 1407 viewsjack247

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:25 - Jan 24 by Phil_S

We could have got Naismith in, sold Ayew to Sunderland and got Danny Graham back to play up front

Would have been almost cost neutral based on what Sunderland wanted to offer

We could have got Naismith in and had £3-£4m change from the Newcastle money.
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:27 - Jan 24 with 1406 viewsraynor94

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:10 - Jan 24 by jack247

Afobe, maybe but who else from those three clubs would you have been happy with?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:30 - Jan 24 with 1396 viewsperchrockjack

Thank fook for some honesty. 247.

Too many excuses being mad on this site.

Some clearly think if you don't go to every home game, you don't count.

This club is for ALL Swansea people, whether they go to games or not,even for those not interested in football.

Swansea City really represents Swansea.

It matters

WOur board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:30 - Jan 24 with 1394 viewsPhil_S

WOur board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:25 - Jan 24 by perchrockjack

No Phillip.

Roger. I m not going to any more home games so I ll leave it to the likes of you ..that means getting passionate and getting upset.

Mentally, I d say it's accepted by most we re going down and it's only internet chutzpah being seen as positive post.

We do .

Strangely the only person that I think genuinely who has accepted we are going down is you

What I find odd is that everything you accuse others of you do in spades

This is Richard
Richard posts on Swansea forums
Richard has double standards
Richard is supposedly smart
Dont be like Richard

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:32 - Jan 24 with 1385 viewsPhil_S

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:27 - Jan 24 by jack247

We could have got Naismith in and had £3-£4m change from the Newcastle money.

And as was asked where would have played him and at the expense of who?

Naismith most certainly wasn't the answer at the price that Norwich have paid
WOur board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:34 - Jan 24 with 1373 viewsexiledclaseboy

WOur board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:25 - Jan 24 by perchrockjack

No Phillip.

We do .

You going to Goodison, Rich? Right on your doorstep more or less.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2016 10:34]

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024