Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons 18:33 - Jan 23 with 15165 viewsDICKIETAPISAJACK

Whilst we are a small fish in a big pond, (so are Bournemouth) next season the TV money goes through the roof & to a club like ours it will be like winning the lottery. It is imperative that we stay up. I don't think anyone can deny that if we had a guy that cud guarantee you 15 goals a season, we would pull clear of the dreaded drop. Yet our board turned down the opportunity to sign Naismith & Austin, as it has already been pointed out on this site, both scored today. We are ALWAYS taking the cheap option, whilst I have fully supported the conservative approach towards transfer fees in the past, risking relegation because you don't want to spend the fees that both Naismith & Austin went for is cutting your nose off to spite your face. It's greedy & stupidity by the board. The less the club spends, the more profit it makes and therefore the more dividends the directors can pay themselves. We are always doing things on the cheap, we appointed Mok cos he was cheap, we delayed sacking him to avoid paying up his contract, we placed a magnificent servant like Alan Curtis in an impossible position, because they wanted to avoid appointing a full time manager, who we would have to buy out his contract of his current club. & now we risk it all by playing Russian roulette with our premier league future. No wonder Jenkins has been bankrupt so often, he has bounced more times then Zebedee! They need to wake up, smell the coffee, & realise that they have to speculate to accumulate, just thus once. De Guzman & Sinclair is just going backwards, & will not solve the goalscoring problem. If we go down, how many of you will think we will comeback, honestly, with all bias aside? This is the one time they need to flash the cash. How much dividends do they think they can pay themselves in the championship with a half empty stadium? Tight fisted & short sighted morons

Happy Days :-)

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:34 - Jan 24 with 1267 viewsPhil_S

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:24 - Jan 24 by Borojack

Phil am I right in thinking if we get relegated the club will be ok financially as there will be relegation clauses built in.
But basically the majority of the top earners will be sold.
If we manage to stay up would like to think the board will try and get back to there old ways and find motivated hungry players as opposed to some of the mercenaries we seem to be attracting of late.

Relegation clauses will certainly help and of course there will be a reasonable amount of departures should the relegation happen

Doesn't change that some of the players that came out of the Championship with us are now possibly earning 5-6 times as much as they were then so even with the clause the wage bill for those will be higher if they stay

However, as has been seen at more than one club this season, player power is all conquering at clubs (and the Trust article backs that) and we have to work to retain the community feel of our club which has been lost since promotion ( the demise of the Trust bowling night is testament to that)
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:36 - Jan 24 with 1252 viewsexiledclaseboy

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:34 - Jan 24 by Phil_S

Relegation clauses will certainly help and of course there will be a reasonable amount of departures should the relegation happen

Doesn't change that some of the players that came out of the Championship with us are now possibly earning 5-6 times as much as they were then so even with the clause the wage bill for those will be higher if they stay

However, as has been seen at more than one club this season, player power is all conquering at clubs (and the Trust article backs that) and we have to work to retain the community feel of our club which has been lost since promotion ( the demise of the Trust bowling night is testament to that)

Do you know off the top of your head how much has been paid out in dividends over the years?

Poll: Tory leader

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:36 - Jan 24 with 1253 viewsPhil_S

I also find it really insulting to many people on here that someone who lives 200 miles away tells everyone that they do not understand this football club despite many of them understanding it far better than he will ever do.

This football club changed massively back in 2001 and I am certainly one of those people that wants it to be here for years to come for my future generations to enjoy as much as I have.
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:37 - Jan 24 with 1248 viewsPhil_S

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:36 - Jan 24 by exiledclaseboy

Do you know off the top of your head how much has been paid out in dividends over the years?

Yes I do, it is £4m.
WOur board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:38 - Jan 24 with 1247 viewsDarran

WOur board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:34 - Jan 24 by exiledclaseboy

You going to Goodison, Rich? Right on your doorstep more or less.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2016 10:34]

Is he f^ck.
Supporter my arse he's not a supporter never f*cking has been.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:39 - Jan 24 with 1238 viewsjack247

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:32 - Jan 24 by Phil_S

And as was asked where would have played him and at the expense of who?

Naismith most certainly wasn't the answer at the price that Norwich have paid

I didn't say he was the answer. I was responding to your post about sacrificing Ayew to get him and Danny Graham. We wouldn't have needed to do that if we wanted him, he wanted to come here and we were prepared to commit the bulk of the Shelvey money.

Having said that, he is no less of a striker than Ayew, would do a lot of Gylfis running for him, create spaces for those two to attack and free up Ayew to play on the wing or midfield. We may well be better off going for a natural centre forward, but he would certainly improve our current team.
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:39 - Jan 24 with 1237 viewsexiledclaseboy

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:37 - Jan 24 by Phil_S

Yes I do, it is £4m.

Thanks. Small fry in the context of the Premier League billions I suppose but indicative of when the club stopped being "by the fans, for the fans".

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:39 - Jan 24 with 1238 viewsjackonicko

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:13 - Jan 24 by perchrockjack

Shelves was sold for 12 million. Naismith ,apparently at 8 million too expensive.

We made 7mill profit on shelvey .

Is it so wrong to point this out

Depends whether you think Naismith is the panacea. In my view, he would have been a good addition, but wouldn't have solved all the problems we have with balance of squad.

If JJS at 12m is market value, then think what you might get by spending the 'balance of the Shelvey money'. Most of us were happy to drive JJS to Newcastle ourselves for 12m. His performances in the last two games haven't changed my view.

The bottom 7 of the PL is dreadful this year. We ought to be good enough to stay out of the bottom 3. But we aren't because we are part of that dreadful 7.

The trust is right to say that we shouldn't risk the future on one overpriced player without protections for the club future. That's not the trust saying we don't need to strengthen. We demonstrably do - on the *right* players.
Login to get fewer ads

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:40 - Jan 24 with 1227 viewsperchrockjack

It's 175 Phil.

What you fail to realise is the obvious.

As ive said we owe you big time but please don't insult my intelligence by such trite defensive remarks.

Every fan has a right.

EVERY.

We are being let down . It's tough , but that s it, son.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:43 - Jan 24 with 1212 viewsPhil_S

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:39 - Jan 24 by jack247

I didn't say he was the answer. I was responding to your post about sacrificing Ayew to get him and Danny Graham. We wouldn't have needed to do that if we wanted him, he wanted to come here and we were prepared to commit the bulk of the Shelvey money.

Having said that, he is no less of a striker than Ayew, would do a lot of Gylfis running for him, create spaces for those two to attack and free up Ayew to play on the wing or midfield. We may well be better off going for a natural centre forward, but he would certainly improve our current team.

No in fairness but I was also very tongue in cheek in my comment on Naismith as personally I wouldn't have wanted him here on loan any more than I would have wanted to pay for him. Didn't improve what we had in a position where we needed a striker more than what he is.

What we need is a striker like Wilf only cheaper and guaranteed to score goals. It really is that easy...

If only we weren't sat around smoking cigars all day
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:44 - Jan 24 with 1207 viewsjack247

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:39 - Jan 24 by jackonicko

Depends whether you think Naismith is the panacea. In my view, he would have been a good addition, but wouldn't have solved all the problems we have with balance of squad.

If JJS at 12m is market value, then think what you might get by spending the 'balance of the Shelvey money'. Most of us were happy to drive JJS to Newcastle ourselves for 12m. His performances in the last two games haven't changed my view.

The bottom 7 of the PL is dreadful this year. We ought to be good enough to stay out of the bottom 3. But we aren't because we are part of that dreadful 7.

The trust is right to say that we shouldn't risk the future on one overpriced player without protections for the club future. That's not the trust saying we don't need to strengthen. We demonstrably do - on the *right* players.

Good post and as long as we do sign the right players I'll be happy. What wouldn't be acceptable is not signing anyone and using the excuse that the right players didn't come up.
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:44 - Jan 24 with 1205 viewsBorojack

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:34 - Jan 24 by Phil_S

But my point is stay up or go down we need address the financial losses or it will spiral out of control.
Would like to think that the board will be a bit cuter in the transfer market and not just pay over the top transfers signing on fees wages just because the TV revenue is going up.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:46 - Jan 24 with 1200 viewsPhil_S

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:39 - Jan 24 by exiledclaseboy

Thanks. Small fry in the context of the Premier League billions I suppose but indicative of when the club stopped being "by the fans, for the fans".

I dont disagree with that, although the Trust have been happy to take the dividends once agreed, I wasn't keen on last years which I didn't think was right but that was a personal view rather than one taken by the Trust board as a collective

Even if the club showed a profit this season and a dividend was decided upon it doesn't feel like the right thing to do given the financial balance we are trying to achieve
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:48 - Jan 24 with 1191 viewsPhil_S

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:44 - Jan 24 by Borojack

But my point is stay up or go down we need address the financial losses or it will spiral out of control.
Would like to think that the board will be a bit cuter in the transfer market and not just pay over the top transfers signing on fees wages just because the TV revenue is going up.

This is the very fine balance and worse so on staying up. Everyone says that the big thing this time around is staying up because of the financial rewards but all that will happen is players will demand more money and then players already in situ will demand more for parity with those who have just come in.

Where our model has gone wrong in the last 18 months is just not getting the value for money from the players we have recruited and too often getting in people who are not good enough so an improvement on recruitment is essential to ensure we get the best value for every £ spent
WOur board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:49 - Jan 24 with 1187 viewsexiledclaseboy

WOur board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:38 - Jan 24 by Darran

Is he f^ck.
Supporter my arse he's not a supporter never f*cking has been.

Surprised he's not going to a game being played no more than a stone's throw away.

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:49 - Jan 24 with 1187 viewsjack247

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:43 - Jan 24 by Phil_S

No in fairness but I was also very tongue in cheek in my comment on Naismith as personally I wouldn't have wanted him here on loan any more than I would have wanted to pay for him. Didn't improve what we had in a position where we needed a striker more than what he is.

What we need is a striker like Wilf only cheaper and guaranteed to score goals. It really is that easy...

If only we weren't sat around smoking cigars all day

The Wilf comment is tongue in cheek, but that is the mould of player we should be looking at. I've said for a while I would rather us sign an inferior version of Bony than a superior version of Gomis.

I think Naismith would improve our team by playing up front, Ayew isn't a striker either, however I would also prefer a genuine frontman.

I haven't suggested we are smoking cigars all day, as far as I know, no one else has either. Doesn't matter to me how hard the board work, it's the results they produce.
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:50 - Jan 24 with 1178 viewsPhil_S

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:44 - Jan 24 by jack247

Good post and as long as we do sign the right players I'll be happy. What wouldn't be acceptable is not signing anyone and using the excuse that the right players didn't come up.

But nobody is saying that just highlighting that it is not as easy as many have claimed that it should be

For a transfer to happen right now everything needs to be right for the club which will include fee, clauses, wages and of course the ability of the player
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:51 - Jan 24 with 1169 viewsBorojack

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:10 - Jan 24 by jack247

Sunderland, Bournemouth and Norwich have all signed players who would give us better options up front. I don't think any of them cost £12m. I don't know about the wages or any relegation clauses.

Sunderland Bournemouth and Norwich all have big backers we dont.
The Shelvey sale has reduced our overall debt.
Doesnt mean we have to spend it all I am still hopeful the club will land a striker who can contribute even if its just a loan signing.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:52 - Jan 24 with 1166 viewsPhil_S

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:40 - Jan 24 by perchrockjack

It's 175 Phil.

What you fail to realise is the obvious.

As ive said we owe you big time but please don't insult my intelligence by such trite defensive remarks.

Every fan has a right.

EVERY.

We are being let down . It's tough , but that s it, son.

What is the obvious that I fail to realise Richard?

Oh and the club owe me the square root of f*** all, why would they owe me anything?
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:54 - Jan 24 with 1147 viewsawayjack

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:46 - Jan 24 by Phil_S

I dont disagree with that, although the Trust have been happy to take the dividends once agreed, I wasn't keen on last years which I didn't think was right but that was a personal view rather than one taken by the Trust board as a collective

Even if the club showed a profit this season and a dividend was decided upon it doesn't feel like the right thing to do given the financial balance we are trying to achieve

Good statement. It must be tough to agree with most Directors also being individual shareholders.
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 11:02 - Jan 24 with 1120 viewsjack247

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:50 - Jan 24 by Phil_S

But nobody is saying that just highlighting that it is not as easy as many have claimed that it should be

For a transfer to happen right now everything needs to be right for the club which will include fee, clauses, wages and of course the ability of the player

I know no one is saying that, it just seems a reasonably likely outcome given how long it took us to get a manager in place and our recent history of selling and not replacing in January.
WOur board of directors - tight fisted morons on 11:03 - Jan 24 with 1119 viewsDarran

WOur board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:49 - Jan 24 by exiledclaseboy

Surprised he's not going to a game being played no more than a stone's throw away.

I'm not seeing as he's not a supporter a supporter supports.
Seriously though Phil should ban him for the sake of his mental health which is clearly suffering.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 11:03 - Jan 24 with 1118 viewsDafyddHuw

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 18:51 - Jan 23 by Phil_S

Does your tablet not have a return key?

If we go down it will be a collective effort of blame. Same as it is collective effort when we do well

Or was our success all down to the board and not the management or players?

Note that was done without the abuse too

You know the phrase "Leave it - he's not worth it"?

Think it applies perfectly in this case.
Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 11:04 - Jan 24 with 1111 viewsdobjack2

Our board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:48 - Jan 24 by Phil_S

This is the very fine balance and worse so on staying up. Everyone says that the big thing this time around is staying up because of the financial rewards but all that will happen is players will demand more money and then players already in situ will demand more for parity with those who have just come in.

Where our model has gone wrong in the last 18 months is just not getting the value for money from the players we have recruited and too often getting in people who are not good enough so an improvement on recruitment is essential to ensure we get the best value for every £ spent

I think that you have set out the consequences of our poor recruitment quite well:

We have spent a lot of money, there is far more to transfer these days than the fee when you take into account wages signing on fees etc, and a lot of our recruitment has not improved the first team and the players who should be challenging for their places as much as it should.

No matter what happens I would hope that this area and our commercial activity are reviewed at board levels with a view to making improvements
WOur board of directors - tight fisted morons on 11:04 - Jan 24 with 1107 viewsJackanapes

WOur board of directors - tight fisted morons on 10:49 - Jan 24 by exiledclaseboy

Im not.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024